Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why the gently caress does the worst character get the polearm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Digirat posted:

Why the gently caress does the worst character get the polearm

I think you've got that backwards. The worst character is getting a crossbow.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You loving bellend bastard take it back

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Oh, I guess she'll get a staffspear or whatever the gently caress the eternal guard uses.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They have to give the wood elf a polearm because they don't have a High Elf who can properly appreciate such an elegant weapon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What about Kruber?! :argh:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mordja posted:

What about Kruber?! :argh:

He's already the best character and understands some of the lesser PCs need some help.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
That crossbow better fire 3 bolts at once

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
A polearm? that sounds pretty loving rad.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They should give the Dorf a Trollhammer torpedo. :getin:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
No one mentions the team savior block king who stole the wizard's fire as the best character?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Is it a halberd or a spear, that Polearm?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

Is it a halberd or a spear, that Polearm?

Glaive. So a bit like a pole-axe.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I love vermintide, I bitch out the steam board all the time but the way all this sounds I'm pretty pumped for some new forms of rat killing, especially on my main. Wonder if there'll be a Red one.

Ugh. I will hate to have to get lucky for that poo poo again. I won't spoil myself on the weapon, polearms are sweet as hell and I hope it's not Fatsharked.

Here's why I kind of worry, because the weapons are all kinds of hosed up in little ways. For example, the regular 1h Elf Sword swings slow, you move way slow while blocking with it but using Dual Swords or S&D, you aren't slowed at all while blocking. Blocking with dual daggers is also slower than those two :laffo:

I hope this Glaive can perform Red Volcanoes and be decently fast and responsive.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 17, 2016

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I hope all the characters get new weapons if only so that there's not such strong competition to play as Victor or elf.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
On the off-chance that the DLC adds one ranged weapon and one melee weapon for each character, what would Bardin get for the former? When I think Dorfs I pretty much just think axes and hammers in different configurations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

el dingo posted:

That crossbow better fire 3 bolts at once

I think it can shoot bolts quickly with a long reload or fire multiple bolts at once with alternate fire.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

I hope all the characters get new weapons if only so that there's not such strong competition to play as Victor or elf.

I think you mean Kruber or Elf.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Mordja posted:

On the off-chance that the DLC adds one ranged weapon and one melee weapon for each character, what would Bardin get for the former? When I think Dorfs I pretty much just think axes and hammers in different configurations.

Dual hammers?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Lunethex posted:

I think you mean Kruber or Elf.

Oh does Kruber get the triple crossbow? Someone said it was Victor.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Kruber has a 1h mace, Blunderbuss, and a sweet bonnet.

Victor has his cowl and zweihander.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lunethex posted:

Kruber has a 1h mace, Blunderbuss, and a sweet bonnet..
Kruber needs a bigger feather in his cap. Are Rocs a thing in Warhammer?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Do Grudge Rakers naturally pierce at least one enemy? Because I just got one with quick reload, targeteer, and regrowth and if they do this is gonna be my new shootin' stick for Bardin.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Grudge rakers are hella fun but god drat I wish they pierced armour

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Grudge rakers are good for teamkilling but god forbid you ever eat a Strength Potion'd blunderbuss.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

3 New achievements have been added but they are simply titled "Coming soon!" :kiddo:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I just got my first red! Kruber's hammer.

It's...not very good at all.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Take that back, or I'll crush you.

It's one of the good ones. His red 1h mace is also good.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Scavenger? Perfect Balance and Swift Slaying are great, but Scavenger?

It looks baller as hell and it's still a 2h hammer, so you can't really go wrong, I suppose.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You can reroll traits now. Or can you not for reds? I still don't have one... :smith:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You can reroll traits now. Or can you not for reds? I still don't have one... :smith:

Reds are fixed traits and trait rolls. Except they take orange materials to unlock. :negative:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Scavenger on Kruber's melee isn't a bad choice though, because his ranged options, except for the repeating rifle, have 20 some shots each. You can spam a master crafted blunderbuss and switch back to pulping heads in every single swing, or handgun, it works out in the end. It's a great weapon and you'll be blasting more :smugissar:

Myself, I am partial to a 1h Mace + Blunderbuss Kruber. Specifically the Red 1h mace and a master crafted + ammo holder blunderbuss. The mace is so fun to use because you're basically 'rear end-over-teakettling' every rat you close in with and the blunderbuss is also free, powerful pushing that you can spam and fire.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I have an orange single-hammer for Bardin that I like for much the same reason. The primary fire, if you time your pushes right, will just keep the rats in front of you tumbling while you run through them like an angry bearded snowplow and the secondary will kill the poo poo out of the stormvermin as well and for the same reasons as the 2h hammer.

E: On a similar note, wizard bonkin' stick's a good rat-stick, too.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 19, 2016

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I am sick of playing with bolt staffers.

Host migration will be the bane of me.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Lunethex posted:

I am sick of playing with bolt staffers.

Host migration will be the bane of me.

I haven't bolt staff'd since I played with you a few days ago - the novelty wears off pretty quick.

Yesterday the host dropped right at the end of a mage tower run. Host migration restarted the level, wait to load.... new host quits, wait to load.... next host quits...

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The more I try to tolerate it the more I can't because the only fun in the game is playing for the rat swarms and ways to deal with them. There's a thrill in Magnus when you blow the gate and get to the courtyard and you see a million clan rats to piss off and get in a brawl with.

But a bolt staffer just stands around the gate and right clicks and gets 5+ headshots and keeps doing it over and over. It's so loving lame, especially when a Special spawns and they aren't even thinking of it but a bolt will fly up and over walls and fences to kill them.

I am very much a baby about it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

They should remove the Trueflight effect from the Bolt Staff. It's good enough without it.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I agree - keep the penetration effect and drop the amount of heat it generates I reckon

E: The staff I have has got something like 8% chance to give health on kill and its just loving ridiculous. You can overheat with no penalty, your health is coming back anyway

el dingo fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 20, 2016

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I could never pop heads on specials with it before, presumably that's why the change happened. They could make it so that's easier but otherwise change it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

el dingo posted:

I agree - keep the penetration effect and drop the amount of heat it generates I reckon

E: The staff I have has got something like 8% chance to give health on kill and its just loving ridiculous. You can overheat with no penalty, your health is coming back anyway

Weeeelll, overheating brings other issues like slowing your character speed to a crawl if you push it too far.

Which is negated by killing everything too easily anyway.

• Locked thread