Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

YouTuber posted:

I played through this "dividing line" and you're speaking total bullshit. The entire gaming community was changing, SA just happened to be slightly ahead of the curve until the Social Justice crowd utterly killed these forums and the edgy crowd ended up on 4chan. I was running with crowds that were doing this poo poo back in 1999 on the EQ PvP servers. My server was utterly infamous for it infact. Go search for Sam Da Man if you're interested in a taste of the nonsense.
goonswarm is what did it to eve, and i also played through the dividing line

i don't really care if goonswarm was influenced in that direction by someone else as it's really only you that are claiming it was some magical creation of a culture out of nothing, as opposed to taking the culture and imposing it on the rest of eve

but uh, go ahead and keep ranting about social justice randomly in a discussion about spaceships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Salastil please remember Corp motd.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

evilweasel posted:

goonswarm is what did it to eve, and i also played through the dividing line

i don't really care if goonswarm was influenced in that direction by someone else as it's really only you that are claiming it was some magical creation of a culture out of nothing, as opposed to taking the culture and imposing it on the rest of eve

but uh, go ahead and keep ranting about social justice randomly in a discussion about spaceships

Didn't GSF tone down the casual racism and such because of your pubbie influx? Or is there still the lobby crew sitting there throwing out terms of endearment for all to hear?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Can I get a Flanders-style explanation of what this present "Dividing-line" slapfight is about? I find it mildly interesting.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

like im not some guy waxing poetic about the strength and righteousness of ~trogoonery~ like our friend darius 'redditlord' johnson

it's just one of those many hilarious things we did, like making bob a byword for whatever you don't like in an alliance, or commissioning a completely 100% accurate series of comic books that is the official history of the fall of delve and collecting 100 plex while doing it and shutting out every dumb pubbie story

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

jm20 posted:

Didn't GSF tone down the casual racism and such because of your pubbie influx?

Despite the pubbie influx

There's only one notable group outside of some of the foreign enclaves that regularly and loudly exhibits obnoxious racism and it's PL

E: TEST might still do it but may have cleaned up their act a bit; I haven't been on their comms in awhile

Fix Lag fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 17, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jm20 posted:

Didn't GSF tone down the casual racism and such because of your pubbie influx? Or is there still the lobby crew sitting there throwing out terms of endearment for all to hear?

yes fortunately we cut that part of ~trugoon~ culture out but you can continue to complain the bad pubbies were responsible for that i dont care as long as its gone

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

YouTuber posted:

I played through this "dividing line" and you're speaking total bullshit. The entire gaming community was changing, SA just happened to be slightly ahead of the curve until the Social Justice crowd utterly killed these forums and the edgy crowd ended up on 4chan. I was running with crowds that were doing this poo poo back in 1999 on the EQ PvP servers. My server was utterly infamous for it infact. Go search for Sam Da Man if you're interested in a taste of the nonsense.

Tallon Zek < Rallos Zek everyone knows that

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

evilweasel posted:

like im not some guy waxing poetic about the strength and righteousness of ~trogoonery~ like our friend darius 'redditlord' johnson

it's just one of those many hilarious things we did, like making bob a byword for whatever you don't like in an alliance, or commissioning a completely 100% accurate series of comic books that is the official history of the fall of delve and collecting 100 plex while doing it and shutting out every dumb pubbie story

This is a lot of words to say "yes". Why are you talking about DJ?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Can I get a Flanders-style explanation of what this present "Dividing-line" slapfight is about? I find it mildly interesting.

old-style 0.0 alliances had incredibly intricate and moronic codes of e-bushido and people would unironically think that your victory wasn't worth celebrating because you beat them dishonourably

goonswarm did not exhibit an appropriate level of space honor :ohdear:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jm20 posted:

This is a lot of words to say "yes". Why are you talking about DJ?

that wasn't a response to you

you can tell which was the response to you because included a quote of your post

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Mnoba posted:

Tallon Zek < Rallos Zek everyone knows that

EverQuest never did PvP right. Ever.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

evilweasel posted:

old-style 0.0 alliances had incredibly intricate and moronic codes of e-bushido and people would unironically think that your victory wasn't worth celebrating because you beat them dishonourably

goonswarm did not exhibit an appropriate level of space honor :ohdear:

wasn't this also a major strategic advantage for GSF? things like login traps are fairly viable tactics, as are using spies to offline towers and whatnot

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Fix Lag posted:

There's only one notable group outside of some of the foreign enclaves that regularly and loudly exhibits obnoxious racism and it's PL

E: TEST might still do it but may have cleaned up their act a bit; I haven't been on their comms in awhile

Disregarding GSFs obsession with "Jews" as slang.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

wasn't this also a major strategic advantage for GSF? things like login traps are fairly viable tactics, as are using spies to offline towers and whatnot

yeah, not giving a flying gently caress about what anyone else thought meant that strategies everyone looked down on were powerful - attritional tactics weren't generally used because honorable pvpers worried about their k-d ratio aren't interested in them

everyone else spied of course, they just wouldn't admit it so they'd handicap themselves by not openly recruiting spies in their org and not using them for sabotage because they didn't want to admit they were doing something so dishonorable

the spying thing definitely died out pretty quick because it was just too big an advantage to pass up and it was easy to start openly using it when you've been doing it for a while anyway and your enemy is openly doing it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

you joined the people that happily chirp up with gooncoon and coon town please go away

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

Slamming thousand of frigates into battleship fleets was cute and admiral at first as Bob had the only AOE to counter it, once that was removed it was blobbing and unfair fights and evil goonies blah blah blah.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

Lol mmmmmm Kool aid

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you joined the people that happily chirp up with gooncoon and coon town please go away

So we both have improvements to make in the "obnoxious racism" department.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

In the past two months there's been the whole "niggertown" thing, the ardent defense to call players who make money in-EVE "jews" in this thread, and the numerous times people have called someone else a "friend of the family" on GSF comms, including when they were broadcasted live on Twitch. :shrug:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

the ardent defense to call players who make money in-EVE "jews" in this thread

hi crazy person who makes up poo poo, find me this

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mnoba posted:

Slamming thousand of frigates into battleship fleets was cute and admiral at first as Bob had the only AOE to counter it, once that was removed it was blobbing and unfair fights and evil goonies blah blah blah.

they grew tired of the frigates long before doomsdays were a thing

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

actually rather than await unfunny poster's attempt to meander around the truth and try to make up new poo poo, i will just tell everyone that it's easy to search a specific thread (use "threadid:3773671" as one of the search terms) and i already confirmed he's a dumb lying sack of poo poo, as usual

i know the channel name thing was fixed once it was brought to people's attention but let's not let facts get in the way of unfunny poster's posting

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
how can racism be real if race isn't

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

how can racism be real

idk you tell us

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

actually rather than await unfunny poster's attempt to meander around the truth and try to make up new poo poo

:ironicat:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Oh hey it's the guy who just made up a petty self-serving lie about hacking to harass imperium players in other games and got called out on it last page

Hello again

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're right it wasn't in this specific singular thread, I misspoke. It was in the previous EVE threads that people defended the use of that racist behavior. My mistake.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Fix Lag posted:

Oh hey it's the guy who just made up a petty self-serving lie about hacking to harass imperium players in other games and got called out on it last page

Hello again

hi

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Oh hey another "you're more casually racist than we are" fight, totally not rehashing the same slapfight from two weeks ago.

"Casual racism" is a cancer that's tolerated by a number of high profile groups in Eve and pointing fingers at other groups is dumb unless you're actively doing something to clean up your own group too. And yeah I know I tried to call PL on that a while ago but it's also made me think harder about who I associate with in GSF.

And if you don't want to "clean up your act" because muh edgy truegoon/4chan culture, then can it, because you don't have a leg to stand on.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

You ISRAD guys should have just let me handle it with the glass houses argument.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

You ISRAD guys should have just let me handle it with the glass houses argument.

yeah let the reader of the nazi forum throw the stones

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah let the reader of the nazi forum throw the stones

Let he who has never set foot in FYAD cast the first stone.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i remember that time i got probd in an eve thread cus i accidentally typed jew instead of new, good times

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

You're right it wasn't in this specific singular thread, I misspoke. It was in the previous EVE threads that people defended the use of that racist behavior. My mistake.

checked that one too

turns out the only discussion of it was you bringing it up as a red herring and people going 'yep thats not cool and i hope it gets worked on' and nobody really defending it, the closest anyone comes is sort of a resigned statement it might not go away. the one before i ALSO checked, the only thing that could vaguely be considered a defense is someone saying that they've said it on occasion and are working on it

there are more people than i'd like using it casually (single-digits though), not any i really recognize though and a pretty tiny number of people given the size of the thread and how prevalent it was - but someone in 2015 is talking about how they're pleasantly suprised the term is dying off!

but as to that too we've made a concerted effort to push the term krabbing instead

so, now that i've gone back a year and definitively determined you're full of poo poo, perhaps you will shut the gently caress up

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

evilweasel posted:

but as to that too we've made a concerted effort to push the term krabbing instead

Or being more specific, e.g. mining/ratting

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

i identify as transcrab and this is really riling me up

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

turns out the only discussion of it was you bringing it up as a red herring

God forbid I say that someone being a racist is wrong, or you know the whole "let's harass this chick over a game" etc. is lovely behavior you tolerated. No, no no, in fact it's me trying to metagame~~ the SomethingAwful thread for EVE Online away from whatever stupid slapfight people are having over a video game and not the former at all.

:laffo:

Get over yourself you delusional pissant.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Unfunny Poster posted:

God forbid I say that someone being a racist is wrong, or you know the whole "let's harass this chick over a game" etc. is lovely behavior you tolerated. No, no no, in fact it's me trying to metagame~~ the SomethingAwful thread for EVE Online away from whatever stupid slapfight people are having over a video game and not the former at all.

:laffo:

Get over yourself you delusional pissant.

You have plat. Find and link the posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/nTMNcnU.webm

• Locked thread