Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

What is your PHD in, Dr. Alhazred?

Debatology and Discussionomy obviously

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Ah, an illustrious D.D.D., very nice.

Sig by Heather Papps

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

What is your PHD in, Dr. Alhazred?

Theoretical Physics. Although this:

would probably be more appropriate.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Renegret posted:

I'm currently studying for a networking cert, and every time the guy describes discovery between devices he screams "hellloooooooooooo" and you just reminded me of him

our CCENT trainer does the same thing (only in Finnish), I feel for you.

also, I immensely enjoy your sig, to the point that your super creepy avi doesn't even really bother me.

alnilam

byob is secretly the most highly educated subforum

BoldFrankensteinMir

alnilam posted:

It's no secret, one look at the CSS of this place and you know the kind of minds you're working with.

Sig by Heather Papps

hexenmexen

by exmarx
I don't understand this thread, so many memes being reposted. Anywho hello and yeah I think one should take some time lurking for a good decade before posting.

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

No way bro, I'm stupid as heck!!

hexenmexen posted:

I don't understand this thread, so many memes being reposted. Anywho hello and yeah I think one should take some time lurking for a good decade before posting.

Welcome to byob, hexenmexen! I like your name!

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
ah, the "too many memes being posted" meme

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
cute anime girl

youtube video of david bowie saying "meme school"

Ostentatious

cute anime girl posted:

youtube video of david bowie saying "meme school"

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
that doesn't look very transparent to me are u trying to cheat me again

shinmai

CHK Instruction
those aren't transparent :(

e:fb, too :(

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

shinmai posted:

our CCENT trainer does the same thing (only in Finnish), I feel for you.

also, I immensely enjoy your sig, to the point that your super creepy avi doesn't even really bother me.

I'm going to change my AV soonish, I miss having a dog AV

and I have sigs off so I forgot I even have a sig lol

Ostentatious

transparent bowies

ready

use

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Ostentatious posted:

transparent bowies
ready
use

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

hexenmexen posted:

welcome to the forum, hexenmexen!

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos
Seriously, though, don't get a PhD. It's not worth the effort.

----------------

Macnult

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I pretty much have to if I want to do anything worthwhile with research psychology :(

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I heard this advice so I am getting an AA from a community college instead. *blows bubbles from pipe*

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Macnult posted:

I pretty much have to if I want to do anything worthwhile with research psychology :(

There's nothing worthwhile to do with research. Research is doomed. DOOOOOOMMMEEEEDD

mister magpie posted:

I heard this advice so I am getting an AA from a community college instead. *blows bubbles from pipe*

One of my colleagues started from an AA and ended up finishing his PhD in like four years after graduating from a prestigious university, so you're not safe! :ohdear:

----------------

alnilam

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:shrug: I really liked getting a PhD even just for its own sake, and now I have a really cool research job and I'm researching things I care about

alnilam

What I'm saying is everyone get a phd and do it now or your banned

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Absurd Alhazred posted:

One of my colleagues started from an AA and ended up finishing his PhD in like four years after graduating from a prestigious university, so you're not safe! :ohdear:

don't worry, I just got vaccinated, so I've got no risk of catching it

treasure bear

i didnt do a phd but im still doing the pudding research that i love

Luminous Cow

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Matoi Ryuko posted:

No way bro, I'm stupid as heck!!

Same

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

alnilam posted:

What I'm saying is everyone get a phd and do it now or your banned

I'm tellin A-ssaif about you!

----------------

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
i have a B.S.

that's like a phd, right?

litany of gulps

HighwireAct posted:

Yeah, it seems like it's really dependent on which subforums you're posting in. Different ones are going to hold you to different standards, so you've got to adjust your post quality to go along with that. I think I made the mistake of making threads waaay too early on.

the line between shitpost and good old college try is very thin

FYI, the retards in this shithole subforum WILL try to give you bad advice to watch you get banned so they can laugh at you. Dickslug post guy is more aware of the limits than someone brand new, and will set a bad example. I am entirely a condescending rear end in a top hat, but I also think from a glance at what you are posting that you have a lot of promise, and it is wasted in a cesspit of morons. Make of that what you will. Ask/Tell is basically a latrine as well - compared to most of the subforums - which is why you CAN get away with posting a gif of a dickslug.

Matoi Ryuko

litany of gulps posted:

FYI, the retards in this shithole subforum WILL try to give you bad advice to watch you get banned so they can laugh at you. Dickslug post guy is more aware of the limits than someone brand new, and will set a bad example. I am entirely a condescending rear end in a top hat, but I also think from a glance at what you are posting that you have a lot of promise, and it is wasted in a cesspit of morons. Make of that what you will. Ask/Tell is basically a latrine as well - compared to most of the subforums - which is why you CAN get away with posting a gif of a dickslug.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

litany of gulps posted:

uh... who are you?

:stare:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

treasure bear posted:

i didnt do a phd but im still doing the pudding research that i love

i want there more about this pudding research...

litany of gulps

Luvcow posted:

uh... who are you?

:stare:

I'm the loving Candyman, and someone said my name. Who the gently caress are you?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

treasure bear

Luvcow posted:

i want there more about this pudding research...

take pudding samples and assess for yummyness

going for 5 sigma results

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

litany of gulps posted:

I am entirely a condescending rear end in a top hat

litany of gulps posted:

litany of gulps posted:

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

litany of gulps posted:

i'd never do that

GBS is legitimately a good place to cut your teeth posting though, even if some of the people who post there might give you a jostle. You usually have to post real bad to earn a ban and even probations are pretty rare unless you're going out of your way to collect them (or are nooner or DGSW or someone like that).

hi how are you ♥

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

litany of gulps posted:

I'm the loving Candyman, and someone said my name. Who the gently caress are you?

did byob hurt your feelings or something?

litany of gulps

i'd never do that

GBS is legitimately a good place to cut your teeth posting though, even if some of the people who post there might give you a jostle. You usually have to post real bad to earn a ban and even probations are pretty rare unless you're going out of your way to collect them (or are nooner or DGSW or someone like that).

I'm probably honestly living in the past here, but I felt an urge to offer advice to a newcomer. It wasn't that long ago (or was it?) that you had zero tolerance of shitposting outside of the designated areas.

Matoi Ryuko

litany of gulps posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps

Luvcow posted:

did byob hurt your feelings or something?

Frankly, I thought you guys were the same as FYAD until I realized that FYAD had start colonizing new worlds and calling itself a chat forum.