Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Welp, bet 37c on 1ex. Hope it moves in the right direction. I don't think I can play enough to get a Voltaxic before the prices converge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ZyrKx posted:

Missing the simplest options to jump to high tier maps, just buy them.

Probably the best method of getting high maps is to run either Vinktar or uber Atziri, they are both tier 13 level and drop appropriately and have drops that can be sold for a profit at the start of a league. This does require that you can actually clear the map though.
Yeah, I was going to say that neither of those seem like particularly sustainable options themselves at the start of a league.

Do we know what the gimmick is for the next temp league, on that note?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

theshim posted:

Do we know what the gimmick is for the next temp league, on that note?

Chris said the announcement would come late this week.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Katasi posted:

Picking items up, portaling to town, IDing, checking to make sure nothing is worth selling, selling, and returning to where you were, is a hell of a lot slower than just running and killing while ignoring loot.

Yes, this is true. But I wouldn't recommend that a new player runs around killing while ignoring loot.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Vasudus posted:

If it's not 75%+ quant and +25% packsize and you're low on maps, reroll. Either chaos it or scour+alch, depending on which is cheaper at the moment.

You've got two general options for higher level mapping: either a build that can clear quickly, or a build that can clear all/almost all mods. Sometimes they're the same thing!

Tier 1-6 maps can have a max of 24% pack size. So don't worry about it on those.

Katasi posted:

ignoring loot.

*twitches*

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Getting a good item filter helps a lot with ignoring loot, because it at least gives you slightly different background colors to help identify good or bad bases. That way you aren't picking up poo poo like destroyer regalias and copper plates in high maps.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

funmanguy posted:

*twitches*

I know, I should be picking up the loot so I can give it all to you in Standard, but I'm laaaaaazy.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sifting through loot is such a pain in the rear end. It sure would be nice if it dropped identified.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

ronya posted:

Welp, bet 37c on 1ex. Hope it moves in the right direction. I don't think I can play enough to get a Voltaxic before the prices converge.

Bet? What is this?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
buying currency to see whether it'll go up in relative price or not i would think.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Yup. Chaos is highly valued in the 2wk but it'll have to crash hard to converge to PSC or Standard, it's running 1:37 in the 2k vs 1:58 in PSC, close to 1:60 in Standard. Alts are 24:1 in the 2wk vs 12:1 in Standard. So I don't want to be holding all these chaos whilst saving up for a Voltaxic.

ronya fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 18, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
FWIW I converted my ex to chaos in the middle of the 2wk because it's easier lowballing with chaoses but the ratio from 1:20 on day 1-2 to 1:27 on day 4 or so to 1:30 on day 7. :v:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Got my first Bringer of Rain. Now the game is fun again :)

Made a hell of a difference looking on PoE Trade and just buying stuff rather than hoping for drops.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I don't think I've ever once regretted trading chaos for an exalt at any ratio, even when I know the seller is a flipper.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Bought a 2wk Voltaxic for 50c (counting ex=36).

:v:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
graaats dude, glad you got your build going after all! I got mine for 2ex 10c 3 or 4 days in, short term economies own.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Grizlor posted:

Getting a good item filter helps a lot with ignoring loot, because it at least gives you slightly different background colors to help identify good or bad bases. That way you aren't picking up poo poo like destroyer regalias and copper plates in high maps.

Yep I edited Neversink's filter to only show the top 2 bases for most items and now I spend way more time killing and getting exp/currency drops than I did before. For reference, my highest level guy ever before Perandus was 89, and I got to 86 in about 3 days in the hardcore 2 week race before I died. I also hide scrolls/transmutes/augs/whetstones/armour scraps once I start mapping.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I'm unsure what to do with my necromancy build. Someone better than me take a look at it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...ej6gPrS_gr-Sf6z

My focuses are 'minion boosting', 'aura/curse improvements and reserved mana reduction', and 'not dying'.

I tend to just drop a totem of angry spirits then run around for a while or spam that 'rain of blades' spell if there's enough targets.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Why totem SRS in the particular? I ask because whilst I am no expert, the tree doesn't seem especially focused in it, so I'm wondering whether you have something deeper in mind

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Good call on the 2wk currency ratios. I had 110c stockpiled for map rolling before I ripped on my Inquisitor on Sunday. I turned that into a scolds bridle and 4ex for eventual Standard ladder experimentation

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

ronya posted:

Why totem SRS in the particular? I ask because whilst I am no expert, the tree doesn't seem especially focused in it, so I'm wondering whether you have something deeper in mind

It works well since I have a lot of +duration of effects and does fun things to the action economy. I put one down and it provides backup fire while I focus on other things, like running for my life or dropping curses, casting offerings or keeping my zombie horde up. If I don't have any running to do, I bring out my rain of blades again.

Mostly running for my life at the end of, uh, normal. :sigh:

Especially for bosses, since late in the game they seem to turn into monster hunter 'learn my tells and manually dodge appropriately or die' type bosses.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 18, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
yeah in merciless boss fights definitely feel a lot more mechanical, some of them having outright (almost) instagib mechanics like piety's beam or malachai's teleport

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'm playing an Iron Commander Ballista Marauder on HC for this race event. I love how there's plenty of funny builds out there and how all of them are pretty accessible due to poe.trade.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

turboraton posted:

I'm playing an Iron Commander Ballista Marauder on HC for this race event. I love how there's plenty of funny builds out there and how all of them are pretty accessible due to poe.trade.

I really like Iron Commander. Its what I am running in regular Perandus HC. You doing physical/poison or elemental? Only 500 dex so far, but I have 5.4 health and full acrobatics/phase with a 5 link coil so I am trying to play it safe.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
if you're having trouble with arena bosses like Piety or Malachai, that's not unusual for any build not packing a lot of single-target sustain whilst leveling

as long as you're steamrolling area content, it should be fine though

I always figured that the great appeal of SRS is to be able to vomit out a huge swarm of them quickly, and then run around doing your thing. Their damage is directly linear in how many you can keep up. And Spell Totem cannot use Echo and has less cast speed and damage.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

ronya posted:

if you're having trouble with arena bosses like Piety or Malachai, that's not unusual for any build not packing a lot of single-target sustain whilst leveling

as long as you're steamrolling area content, it should be fine though

I always figured that the great appeal of SRS is to be able to vomit out a huge swarm of them quickly, and then run around doing your thing. Their damage is directly linear in how many you can keep up. And Spell Totem cannot use Echo and has less cast speed and damage.

Well, could I somehow get my minions to leech life to me? That might help during bosses. Otherwise I don't know. I'm fine in most areas, outside of some of the usual troublesome enemy modifier combinations.

My end goal is to get a 6-link weapon and armor, and with one I have crazy decked out flying skulls, and the other I put a bunch of 'curse on hits' linked to Bladefall. :getin: The rest is just various forms of survivability or utility skills, like flesh offering and flame dash.

... As a summoner, I should probably be focusing more on auras than curses, shouldn't I? :psyduck:

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 19, 2016

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Well, could I somehow get my minions to leech life to me?

Nope.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
You can probably do fine through to low level maps

Blasphemy (the support gem) will allow you to apply curses as auras.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

ronya posted:

You can probably do fine through to low level maps

Blasphemy (the support gem) will allow you to apply curses as auras.

I mean I could do that, but that means not actually using an aura instead. I don't need much mana, but I can only reserve so much.

(Currently running Hatred and Haste as my two auras.)

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
When I was having trouble with my summoner I watched this guide for SRS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDVjA_UWiOI

I followed it, and was mapping just fine at level 83 last I played her.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Chaos conversion being reduced across the board awww

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663440

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Tai posted:

You misspelled "yay"

2 more Ascendancy points and only having to do the Ascendancy trials once per level per league :neckbeard:

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Tai posted:

Kinda sad but it had to happen.

Also they can do whatever they want from now on since this happened; "In this update, we're also streamlining the Trials of Ascendancy so that you only have to complete them once on each difficulty level per league."

Edit: Oh and another skills reset to let me play around with stuff on standard

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

whypick1 posted:

You misspelled "yay"

2 more Ascendancy points and only having to do the Ascendancy trials once per level per league :neckbeard:

But I like my chaos trapper :sad:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

wait, how many times do you have to do them currently?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Trebuchet King posted:

wait, how many times do you have to do them currently?

Once per character per difficulty.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Every time on every character basically.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Touchdown Boy posted:

Also they can do whatever they want from now on since this happened; "In this update, we're also streamlining the Trials of Ascendancy so that you only have to complete them once on each difficulty level per league."

But they added map trials, which doesn't really excite me.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

I'm guessing the chaos conversion nerf means another legacy version of Consuming Dark and possibly a legacy Voltaxic Rift?

Chaos conversion builds have been very fun but they are undeniably overpowered so hopefully the new meta will be more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
2 more points though which might be cool since it's fairly obvious which ones will take a bit of a nerf.

• Locked thread