Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea, the stories kind of meandered after Roc was fired from the book and it really made me wonder how much input he had in the story telling side of things. I can understand Wiebe taking a hiatus because the book was really just meandering and doing nothing, and whatever spark there was with the first 2 story arcs was lacking in the last one. This isn't to say that Fowler isn't telling the truth, and for all we know she is, but I can see a needed hiatus on the book if only to recharge and make it good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't imagine how dumb you'd have to be to fire someone shadily and hire back on a domestic abuser and assume your audience wouldn't poo poo all over you unless you're aiming for the worst part of Reddit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He can't actually fire him, they both own the book. He stepped down.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

He can't actually fire him, they both own the book. He stepped down.

Huh, I saw people swearing up and down he had nothing more to do with the book when they were trying to get people to read it after the whole thing happened. (Not here, elsewhere.) I guess that was one of those "please ignore the lovely wizard behind the curtain' situations.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Huh, I saw people swearing up and down he had nothing more to do with the book when they were trying to get people to read it after the whole thing happened. (Not here, elsewhere.) I guess that was one of those "please ignore the lovely wizard behind the curtain' situations.

I don't think he was actually still working on the book secretly or anything, he just still co-owned it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I kinda wonder if it's not at least somewhat financially-driven. If Upchurch is co-owner, he presumably gets half the profits regardless of how much or little he does and it might not be worth the money to pay a work-for-hire artist at the end of the day.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
If it's something like that, then as much as I love Rat Queens, it might be better to just let it die.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
So my middle school students have started getting into New Teen Titans. And because I have red hair and a beard, they think I look like Terry Long. And they've started calling me Mr. Long.

I'm considering making it an automatic detention or just quitting my job.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Bleach your hair, throw the curlers into overdrive, shave your beard and refuse to say anything ever. Threaten the little bastards with eye contact.

What, it's five percent less unfortunate than Terry Long.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is there an attractive brunette woman 10 years your junior in your social circle? You may have more of a shot than you think!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

What, it's five percent less unfortunate than Terry Long.

So is driving off a cliff to be fair.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Timeless Appeal's just upset because his affair with an alien girl just got put on blasters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timeless Appeal posted:

So my middle school students have started getting into New Teen Titans. And because I have red hair and a beard, they think I look like Terry Long. And they've started calling me Mr. Long.

loving embrace it, that's sorta the only way to deal with middle school bullshit. Middle school children are the worst human beings to ever exist.

Making it an automatic detention means that it's the only thing they will ever refer to you if you're not in earshot.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Timeless Appeal posted:

This is really your own fault for letting your face happen in that particular way.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

And because I have red hair and a beard
But why?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Your only hope at this point is to shave the beard, give them a bunch of John Byrne Superman issues and try to get them to call you Mr Luthor

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Travis343 posted:

Your only hope at this point is to shave the beard, give them a bunch of John Byrne Superman issues and try to get them to call you Mr Luthor

He's still sleeping with a superheroine half his age though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

He's still sleeping with a superheroine half his age though.

Better than being Hal Jordan.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Wait, is Terry Long in anything besides Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans? 21st middle schoolers are getting into (late period) Marv Wolfman Teen Titans? Are they making Wildebeest Society jokes?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It'd be even funnier if Timeless Appeal was the one that introduced them to it. Being assosciated with the worst character in the book must suck.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He teaches class in 1984.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Or the school he works for hasn't had money to buy new GRAPHIC NOVELS for the library since 1984.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Edge & Christian posted:

Wait, is Terry Long in anything besides Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans? 21st middle schoolers are getting into (late period) Marv Wolfman Teen Titans? Are they making Wildebeest Society jokes?

Everyone is to busy guessing the identity of the hobgoblin.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Or the school he works for hasn't had money to buy new GRAPHIC NOVELS for the library since 1984.
My school doesn't even have a library.

It's really starting from one kid who just comes in with old rear end 80s and 90s comics. She was reading Crisis on Infinite Earths yesterday. And then they spread to the rest of the kids when she's done reading it. I've been trying to veer them to the 90s and read Young Justice.

It's also not like they're insulting me. They love Terry Long.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Timeless Appeal posted:

Oh you need to burn that building down and run.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's really starting from one kid who just comes in with old rear end 80s and 90s comics. She was reading Crisis on Infinite Earths yesterday. And then they spread to the rest of the kids when she's done reading it.

:patriot:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 17, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's really starting from one kid who just comes in with old rear end 80s and 90s comics. She was reading Crisis on Infinite Earths yesterday. And then they spread to the rest of the kids when she's done reading it. I've been trying to veer them to the 90s and read Young Justice.

What? That's surely child abuse.

(Young Justice was good, though)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Timeless Appeal posted:

Hey kids. Have you heard of Sandman? How about some Preacher.

Anyway that kid sounds awesome. Sadly the only comics we used to share and pass around during my school days were X-Force, Spawn and Lobo.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Hey if anyone here is anywhere near NE Indiana you should come to the Mark Millar signing at DCBS next month! All the info for it is here https://www.facebook.com/events/1712050852388318/
I'll be there all day! Come hang out!!!

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Even Maxwell Lord gets creeped out by Terry Long.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The guy with the cigar seems less than impressed by him.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

What? That's surely child abuse.

(Young Justice was good, though)
Well the main Wolvman booster strangely draws Impulse in class a lot while never having read the old Impulse comics or Young Justice. So it feels like it's an easy entrance point. I'm thinking about picking up Runaways for my own in-class library. The kids are also into Lumberjanes right now which is great.

Madkal posted:

Hey kids. Have you heard of Sandman? How about some Preacher.

Anyway that kid sounds awesome. Sadly the only comics we used to share and pass around during my school days were X-Force, Spawn and Lobo.
Man, one of kids told me that he's excited for the new season of Master of None. So Sandman probably ain't poo poo for him.

She is pretty great. My classroom management technique for her is that she gets to ask me five obscure comic book questions at the end of the day, and loses a question every time she gets into trouble.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
So. How 'bout that new DC logo?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

So. How 'bout that new DC logo?

We're discussing it in the DC thread.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Timeless Appeal posted:

She is pretty great. My classroom management technique for her is that she gets to ask me five obscure comic book questions at the end of the day, and loses a question every time she gets into trouble.

That is really awesome. Does she get something if she stumps you?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

We're discussing it in the DC thread.

Surprisingly, we've already come to accept the choice of comic sans.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Says you. Still petitioning for Jokerman over here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's pretty bad

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's better than the peel logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Mister Mind posted:

Even Maxwell Lord gets creeped out by Terry Long.

Actually, Maxwell Lord is worried that Terry Long is such a good, empathic, geniune dude that he'll be the only one to see through Maxwell Lord's years-long charade where he pretends to be nice and everything before turning into Turbohitler. He can't get too close to Terry, or the plan would be exposed prematurely!

• Locked thread