Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EngineerSean posted:

He's beating Nate Silver, that's for sure.

Not really. But he's not doing any worse, either. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Vox Nihili posted:

Not really. But he's not doing any worse, either. Lol.

I looked it up and I guess he's really not doing better

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Someone posted a fake Monmouth poll in the Kentucky dem thread and that pushed Bernie NO down about 10 cents.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So it looks like the KY and OR are waited with bated breath for Tyler Pedigo to tell them who is going to win. Hoping it's all good news for Bernie and I can buy some cheap as gently caress Hillary shares.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sanders No in Oregon is down to like 17c for those willing to take on a bit of a risk.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Tyler pedigo's prediction/model has Bernie winning 69/29

:thumbsup:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

nachos posted:

Tyler pedigo's prediction/model has Bernie winning 69/29

:thumbsup:

It would be his first closed primary win.

The social media stats Pedigo cites to don't even sound that favorable. Dude must be mixing apples and oranges somewhere.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vox Nihili posted:

It would be his first closed primary win.

The social media stats Pedigo cites to don't even sound that favorable. Dude must be mixing apples and oranges somewhere.

Hahaha, holy hell, +40.

Like, I would not be surprised if Bernie pulls out his first closed primary win, but, whoof. That is nuts.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That guy is just posing as a stats wizard to pump his own shares, right?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Origami Dali posted:

That guy is just posing as a stats wizard to pump his own shares, right?

He seems to actually think he's the next Nate Silver.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Today's the day. If Bernie wins Oregon I'll be left with 40 bucks on PI, down from 600 initially. If he loses I'm BACK IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Although if KY causes a surge of Oregon shares I might just sell enough to break even no matter what.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

a cop posted:

Today's the day. If Bernie wins Oregon I'll be left with 40 bucks on PI, down from 600 initially. If he loses I'm BACK IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!
RIP

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Note there's only one election forecaster you can trust!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

Although if KY causes a surge of Oregon shares I might just sell enough to break even no matter what.

I'm in big on Bernie Death as well today. Hoping for a solid loss in Kentucky will move the Oregon market.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I live in Kentucky (not long enough to vote, unfortunately), and I drove by a few polling places. They look desolate. I'd say the Bern is no longer being felt.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kentucky HillYes/BernNo flying upward now.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Meanwhile in Oregon Hillary is down to .17

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

nachos posted:

Meanwhile in Oregon Hillary is down to .17

Yep, looks like it's gonna drop all day. FiveThirtyEight went and said "Nate’s demographic model gives Sanders an edge of about 15 percentage points." So the fish are all swimming that direction. Hopefully Kentucky will come back strong for Hillary and bump things up this evening.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Oregon MOV market is surging as well. If you think Oregon will be close it's a good buy at 34c.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I've only got 25 shares in on Clinton in Oregon, so I'm just happy to see how that plays out. Kentucky has me a little nervous though. These turnout reports look apocalyptic for Bernie, but who knows.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I haven't seen the turnout numbers, how bad we looking at?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I haven't seen the turnout numbers, how bad we looking at?

SoS says they're expecting 20%, no long lines anywhere, CNN keeps reporting polling stations are pretty desolate.

Local news isn't even talking about it too much partly I think because the republicans had to move their caucus up to let Rand Paul run for Senate, and no one really cares if the republicans aren't on the ballot.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Vox Nihili posted:

Oregon MOV market is surging as well. If you think Oregon will be close it's a good buy at 34c.

Yea, sold all my Hillary YES/Bernie NO in the main primary at a loss so I could buy the MOV NO at the dipped price.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Two different models dueling in the Oregon market comments right now. We've got Tyler Pedigo with Bernie at +40 and then Benchmark Politics which says it'll be a close Sanders win but won't be shocked if Hillary wins.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
When do the "polls" close in Oregon, 8pm Pacific?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
BERNOUT YES just jumped from 10 cents to 22.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

When do the "polls" close in Oregon, 8pm Pacific?

Yep, 8pm.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Anyone interested can watch results here: http://oregonvotes.gov/results/2016P/index.html

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

There is a 5 cent difference right now between Hillary YES (.25) and Bernie NO (.20) in Oregon

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

If anyone here's bold we could try to aggressively buy hillary YES/bernie NO after KY gets called for Hillary, and ride em as high as possible...

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

a cop posted:

If anyone here's bold we could try to aggressively buy hillary YES/bernie NO after KY gets called for Hillary, and ride em as high as possible...

If my cashout check had arrived earlier I'd be down but I already have $550 tied up in the VP & distant primary markets. Need to play it cool for a bit - slowly working my way up from the hole though!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Good job! And it's alright. I mean, it's not like I'd have the pull to heavily contribute to the weight we'd need to cause a panic- I'd only be able to throw in like $100. But like someone else was saying, it only takes a few people with moderate funds to buy everything up on the ground floor, at which point tons of others get in to try to ride the wave.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Just watch the polls and throw all your extra cash into Hillary NO in the OR primary market as soon as KY's been called for Clinton. Bernie shares are already dropping like a rock for OR. Maybe a little sooner since I don't know when OR results are supposed to come in but yeah it's free money; he's not going to lose OR.

EDIT: Hahaha Sanders dropout market is going nuts: https://www.predictit.org/Contract/2585/Will-Bernie-Sanders-drop-out-on-or-before-May-31#data

The Joe Man has issued a correction as of 23:28 on May 17, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I don't think it's free money at all, given his under performance in KY and the OR polls. The early vote #s are also bad for him- much higher turnout in pro-hillary areas.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

KY is flipping the gently caress out

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

double post

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Making hundos on the KY flips.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

nachos posted:

KY is flipping the gently caress out

Seriously what the gently caress is happening

BigBobio
May 1, 2009
Huge difference between decision desk and cnn/nytimes results. DD has Hilary up (w/ !13% in), while others have Bernie up with 7% in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Vox Nihili posted:

Making hundos on the KY flips.

Yeah this was huge, but I'm done with it for now. That's enough heart attacks for me in one night.

• Locked thread