Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
And it looks like we were right about that! KY might be open until the end of the month. :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Sold at 95 and feel great. Lost a few pennies but I'd rather have some liquidity for the Oregon markets.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I think this is the first time I've ever seen Hillary YES consistently hovering higher than Bernie NO

Did KY break them?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Necc0 posted:

I think this is the first time I've ever seen Hillary YES consistently hovering higher than Bernie NO

Did KY break them?

No, if Bernie NO were actually below Hillary YES then they would be broken. They're still feeling the Bern. The fact that they're within a couple cents of each other could indicate a reduce in Bern though.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Did KY break them?

The Hillary market has been very liquid, but the Bernie market has stubbornly refused to move much. Sitting on 3689 Bern No shares here and can't wait to see them start moving. Sold my Hill yes awhile back.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Reminder to come freak out with us in IRC

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The Oregon market is full of bernbots acting like they pulled off a major coup. It's kind of precious.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Glad I grabbed an extra few hundred shares at 2c because why not

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Oops, forgot to be at my computer at 8pm. Oh well, at least I'm doubling up on the MOV market.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

nachos posted:

Glad I grabbed an extra few hundred shares at 2c because why not

You're throwing money away :(

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I managed to bail on OR before the market fully deflated. Overall significantly up tonight due to the insane KY volatility plus me fat fingering a massive Bernie NO purchase by mistake

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Necc0 posted:

You're throwing money away :(

I flipped enough at around 8c to break even! (on that penny trading, this was a bloodbath overall)

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Sold out of OR MOV NO at $.83, feelin' fine.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Vox Nihili posted:

Oops, forgot to be at my computer at 8pm. Oh well, at least I'm doubling up on the MOV market.

Better to not have been there during the first moments of the MOV. There was an AP typo that caused all the news sites using their data to say it was a 17 point spread. That was fixed, but in the moments of confusion it was rough, especially if you're trying to win by playing faster than anyone else.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Bernie supporters are so eager to put money on the Sanders train that as soon as he was in the lead in Oregon, Clinton was sub-5 cents. He's lost Kentucky but is still floating around 6 to 7.

It's really kind of amazing.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Necc0 posted:

Reminder to come freak out with us in IRC

seriously, it's good fun. RIP a bunch of us, but at leas some made good money on MoV

rip cres

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

So who's ready for the drop-off box MOV swing???

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

So, I was hoping for a huge win tonight. But poo poo happened, and I ended up +50 overall for the evening. So I'm....still in the game? Kinda? I have like $150 left in my PI wallet after starting with $600. Need to claw and scrape my way back, that's for sure.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

So, I was hoping for a huge win tonight. But poo poo happened, and I ended up +50 overall for the evening. So I'm....still in the game? Kinda? I have like $150 left in my PI wallet after starting with $600. Need to claw and scrape my way back, that's for sure.

Hope you didn't dump early in KY...

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Hope you didn't dump early in KY...

Nope. Missed KY entirely. Barely saved myself by buying up a poo poo ton of cheap MOV NO Oregons and selling them at 90c. These trades barely offset my huge Hill YES Oregon shares.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

Nope. Missed KY entirely. Barely saved myself by buying up a poo poo ton of cheap MOV NO Oregons and selling them at 90c. These trades barely offset my huge Hill YES Oregon shares.

Yeah, same on Oregon. Though I would have been fine if I had been paying the usual amount of attention. Instead I started arguing with my girlfriend about some stupid poo poo and missed my window by about 15 minutes, hahaha.

Oh well!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah, same on Oregon. Though I would have been fine if I had been paying the usual amount of attention. Instead I started arguing with my girlfriend about some stupid poo poo and missed my window by about 15 minutes, hahaha.

Oh well!

Nah Oregon wasn't at all like most primaries. The big moments came in three huge dumps that you had to be lucky to catch at the right time. Plus in the beginning all sorts of numbers were being thrown around and a lot of people got confused.

There was maybe one swing and it lasted a minute before deflating. Wasn't even a good swing

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
You can make a quick 10% by buying B5 NO in the Trump/Clinton poll. She's currently at +5.7, so it would take apocalyptic overnight poll numbers to sink that in 47 hours.

Though don't bet on polls.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

My entire post-Biden career has been steadily bleeding money trying to take advantage of berniebots underpricing Hillary. Looks like I'm the fish.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Nah Oregon wasn't at all like most primaries. The big moments came in three huge dumps that you had to be lucky to catch at the right time. Plus in the beginning all sorts of numbers were being thrown around and a lot of people got confused.

There was maybe one swing and it lasted a minute before deflating. Wasn't even a good swing

Mostly I needed to be there to sell off my huge pile of shares before they became worthless.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
why isn't oregon MOV going to 95+?

ppl in the comments are talking about "early votes" but as far as I can tell the results are almost all in in every county - you can compare Democratic ballots received (as of yesterday I think) here: http://sos.oregon.gov/voting/Documents/P16-Daily-Ballot-Returns.pdf with vote totals here: http://oregonvotes.gov/results/2016P/345596126.html

so, for example:

Mulnomah: 118K vs 105K votes
Clackamas: 40K vs 42K votes
Lane: 52K vs 54K votes
Washington: 53K vs 53K votes
Marion: 26K vs 23K votes

so yeah, some of these counties have sub 10% left, but for the most part, this is already done, right?

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

thethreeman posted:

ppl in the comments are talking about "early votes" but as far as I can tell the results are almost all in in every county - you can compare Democratic ballots received (as of yesterday I think) here: http://sos.oregon.gov/voting/Documents/P16-Daily-Ballot-Returns.pdf with vote totals here: http://oregonvotes.gov/results/2016P/345596126.html

so, for example:

so yeah, some of these counties have sub 10% left, but for the most part, this is already done, right?

There are a ton of pumpers in the comments trying to say the margin is gonna increase enough resolve Yes, and since the count is so slow people will just react to about any damned thing.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

thethreeman posted:

so, for example:

Like 1/3 of the ballots were dropped off on the last day in 2008.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

e_angst posted:

There are a ton of pumpers in the comments trying to say the margin is gonna increase enough resolve Yes, and since the count is so slow people will just react to about any damned thing.

wish I had more cash to buy in the 70s...

CNN shows "estimated % in" in all of these counties being pretty low - Lane at 67%, Marion at 69% - but (if I remember from past primaries) CNN's estimates are based on previous election turnouts, not the actual number of ballots received from the SOS page

edit: ^^^ k, that makes sense, thanks. I'll go look up the 2008 numbers but I still have trouble imagining this is going to close

thethreeman has issued a correction as of 05:34 on May 18, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FLIP HAPPENING

BigBobio
May 1, 2009
It appears that percentages for Clinton and Sanders in the CNN and NYTimes results ignore the votes for the non-Clinton/Sanders candidates. DecisionDesk has that at 1.7% of the vote. Not a lot, but enough to compress Sanders lead over Clinton by ~1-2%

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Honestly, if you didn't go for Bernie YES on Oregon, you probably should take a step back and stop using PredictIt, because you either have no idea what the political landscape in America is like or you suck at predicting. How some people thought Hillary winning by 15 based on one poll being legit is beyond me. There's really no better state for Bernie than Oregon, besides Vermont.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Well I managed to flip some MOV Yes from 40c to 44c, good loving god do these ducks count slowly. I think it's not actually going to make the MOV, sadly, so I might just go No in the end.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Vox Nihili posted:

FLIP HAPPENING

lol just checked back on predictit, definitely glad I didn't buy any more NOs. Vox, you are working for every single penny in that comments section

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vox Nihili posted:

Well I managed to flip some MOV Yes from 40c to 44c, good loving god do these ducks count slowly. I think it's not actually going to make the MOV, sadly, so I might just go No in the end.

Yeah. Unless Portland is a huge spring for Bern - and it might! - I don't see it. Might be close, tho.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

thethreeman posted:

lol just checked back on predictit, definitely glad I didn't buy any more NOs. Vox, you are working for every single penny in that comments section

Lol, it's miserable!!!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vox Nihili posted:

FLIP HAPPENING

FLIP HAPPENED
(gently caress)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

No for 22c is a ridiculously good deal. I bought too high. gently caress me!!!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vox Nihili posted:

No for 22c is a ridiculously good deal. I bought too high. gently caress me!!!

I bought in at 57 when it dipped then held steady. Then the whole world was shot to hell and oops hey it flipped. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

C7ty1 posted:

I bought in at 57 when it dipped then held steady. Then the whole world was shot to hell and oops hey it flipped. :v:

drat. Looks like the MOV might actually tip. Deschutes County flipped from a Clinton win to a Sanders win, and some other county-level results are gonna put it over the line. I'm selling at a giant loss. Go long, $650...

• Locked thread