Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Convince Someone to Read a Manga in One Image (Give or Take) Again! - READ ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheFallenEvincar posted:

so I take it Ancient Magus Bride is worth looking past the whole creepy slave bride of a goat being...aspect...?
not trying to judge, just asking
Elias is more complicated a character than that, and that aspect of the story takes a backseat until you eventually understand why he did it in the first place. he is not human, but wants to be more human, and does things he thinks people do to try and understand how emotions and people work.

Essentially, BEEP BOOP WHAT. IS. LOVE.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

TheFallenEvincar posted:

so I take it Ancient Magus Bride is worth looking past the whole creepy slave bride of a goat being...aspect...?
not trying to judge, just asking

The only reason I haven't made a thread for it is because I honestly have no idea how to sell it so that potential readers get past the initial hurdle of "creepy ancient monster wants to marry depressed young girl"

That said it's really good and I'm not biased at all

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

One of my favorite manga ever is "teenager wanks in girls bathroom stall"

Look past the veil and see the treasures beyond

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That's all reassuring to hear, thanks y'all, I'll avoid the spoilers above for now and dive in. The creepy rear end fairies alone sold me
And yeah good point re: Onani Master Kurosawa

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
My one request would be to please read Maigo's version here: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/mahoutsukai-no-yome-r10801

Because Sense's version makes no sense

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

AnonSpore posted:

My one request would be to please read Maigo's version here: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/mahoutsukai-no-yome-r10801

Because Sense's version makes no sense

Would if I could, but it seems Maigo took their version down because there's an official release. So perhaps try that version.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

did you like Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection? have you gotten annoyed by the fact that it has a thousand couples that all look the same and that it keeps repeating the same gags? read this instead

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Would if I could, but it seems Maigo took their version down because there's an official release. So perhaps try that version.

No, they only took the downloadable version down. The online reader version is still there, you just have to sign up to batoto to see the back issues. Which is a hassle, I know.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Davincie posted:

did you like Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection? have you gotten annoyed by the fact that it has a thousand couples that all look the same and that it keeps repeating the same gags? read this instead

Wow, this a scathing loving description of it but thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

No, they only took the downloadable version down. The online reader version is still there, you just have to sign up to batoto to see the back issues. Which is a hassle, I know.

Please support the official release

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Mahou Tsukai no Yome

:420:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

Please support the official release

Or do that sure yeah, if you're in the right area.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Thank you for posting this, had no idea it had an official release.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spirit Migration

It's really good. I coulda swore that there was one like this that was about a slime instead though.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

RareAcumen posted:

Spirit Migration

It's really good. I coulda swore that there was one like this that was about a slime instead though.

there is

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

RareAcumen posted:

Spirit Migration

Don't have any particular pages ready but you may be thinking of Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Don't have any particular pages ready but you may be thinking of Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Yeah that's it. Thanks!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

The Legend of Koizumi

It has been on a slope of quality for some time, but now it's back in all it's Mahjong glory.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
It's still going????????

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Deathco

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pretty sure spiders don't eat like that.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Dabir posted:

Pretty sure spiders don't eat like that.

She hasn't been a spider for very long and actually knows jack poo poo about spiders, so she eats the only way she knows - like a human. Give her a break. poo poo's hard in a new body.

edit: i'm not even kidding, she's so bad at being a spider that it takes her a while to figure out how webs work

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I know it's part of the genre but I don't really like the manga using rpg mechanics as a crutch for...everything
Like It feels usually there's more of a balance with these scenarios

also gently caress spiders

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

also gently caress spiders

monster musume thread is that way ---->

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Genocyber posted:

monster musume thread is that way ---->

*turns to the right, only to be faced with a dusty ancient locked door*

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I like the spider manga a lot more than any other "trapped in an RPG" manga, mostly because it's telling a very different story - it's not some goon loving around and being bad at saving the world or exploiting game mechanics in zany ways, it's mostly just about the life of an RPG monster. I'm in kinda two minds about the game mechanics stuff going on in the narrative, though - on the one hand it feels like kind of a crutch to just tell your audience "This character has X HP remaining"; "they have become better at poison resistance", etc, instead of communicating it through the actual narrative, but the flipside is that because the author has told the reader in a really simple, easily understood way that this character's skills work like the skills of a game character, we know as readers that this character (and thus her story) has potential: she's a small bug now but potentially she can become an enormous bug, or whatever.

I think a better story about being a monster spider in a fantasy world could be written, but this one is fun and makes for nice light reading, and is not without merit.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Davincie posted:

This is pretty good!

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Books 2-4 of Ancient Magus Bride arrived already; hopefully book 1 will arrive later today...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Tomo-chan is a girl!

Although...

Thanks a lot, translator!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

NAME REDACTED posted:

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

This will be the only time in my life I consider a spider downright adorable. Shame about the clumsy implementation of the game mechanics though.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Sengoku Youko

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
All Day Jo Ayoung

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
What is it

with korean

comics

making such poor

use

of available page

space?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pavlov posted:

What is it

with korean

comics

making such poor

use

of available page

space?

They're webcomics, so they're free to use as much vertical space as they want.

I think it's mostly for keeping the dramatic pacing of pages while letting you just scroll down and read the whole thing on one page.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Pavlov posted:

What is it

with korean

comics

making such poor

use

of available page

space?

lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

its meant for reading on phones, but it's ugly and i hate it

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
just read shin angyo onshi and leave it at that immho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
also you should read Annarasumanara. It's Good.

It uses the vertical format in the best way I've seen.

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 27, 2016

• Locked thread