Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Travis343 posted:

Maybe not a great look for Robin though. But I do like the 90s Superboy outfit. And Rogues jacket is a classic at this point.

Yeah, not crazy about ultimate Robin above. I like Mr Terrific, for example, in some of his designs. When the jacket is a part of the same material and design and not just thrown over an existing superhero costume. Makes for interesting proportions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How is that, by the way? I was convinced it'd never come out.

I think it honestly depends on how much you like Morrison. I'm not that fond of him, so I appreciate that he has basically one solid idea, which is the contrast and juxtaposition of the Marstons 'loving submission' with the reasons why having such a concept be a core tenet of society would be problematic compared to real world history. Beyond that, it comes off like most of Morrison's work on the iconic DC characters, where he got to like 1971 in his research and decided anything afterwards was crap that, at best, was worthy of a snarky joke.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So is his face T like paint or a tattoo or nanomachines or what?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Calaveron posted:

So is his face T like paint or a tattoo or nanomachines or what?

Nano machine paint.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
He's also baller as gently caress.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I always liked that he was completely invisible to cameras and electronics because gently caress You I'm A Superhero, That's How. :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DCAU Supergirl seen here wearing her civilian outfit, a Slutty Farmer halloween costume.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Toshimo posted:

All I see is Vanilla Ice

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Toshimo posted:

This war probably my favorite costume as a kid. I really liked this era of JSA.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This changes everything...

(site has NSFW content)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Came here to post this, rats

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently there's going to be a new Power Rangers movie

I kinda like the costumes, they're really stupid and overdesigned.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm the boobs

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wanamingo posted:

The suits are whatever, but unless they're striking elaborate poses they don't read as Power Rangers at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

I'm the boobs

That picture cuts off the feet where you can see the women have wedge heels.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

is the yellow ranger still going to be transgender?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

When that picture got posted in CineD a week or two ago someone mentioned that they looked more like aliens peering through your bedroom window at night than anything particularly heroic, and now I can't unsee it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Red Bones posted:

When that picture got posted in CineD a week or two ago someone mentioned that they looked more like aliens peering through your bedroom window at night than anything particularly heroic, and now I can't unsee it.

Those definitely look like space suits, not like a fighting force meant to protect earth. I miss the Diamond patterns on the suits from the first power rangers show. They looked like something made by people, for people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But they were made by a hologram face for people.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

But they were made by a hologram face for people.

Let's be real, they were made by the hologram face's robot slave.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rotinaj posted:

Those definitely look like space suits, not like a fighting force meant to protect earth. I miss the Diamond patterns on the suits from the first power rangers show. They looked like something made by people, for people.

You mean this crap?

Even as a kid, I didn't buy the lycra bodysuit + bicycle helmet combo. I'm hoping that the new movie is gonna be a departure from the usual super sentai stuff, the only way it's going to be good is if the director puts his own spin on it and gives us something that plays off of the original series but still ultimately finds its own voice.

Gaz-L posted:

Let's be real, they were made by the hologram face's robot slave.

for people

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wanamingo posted:

You mean this crap?

Even as a kid, I didn't buy the lycra bodysuit + bicycle helmet combo. I'm hoping that the new movie is gonna be a departure from the usual super sentai stuff, the only way it's going to be good is if the director puts his own spin on it and gives us something that plays off of the original series but still ultimately finds its own voice.

for people

Let me guess, you really liked that dark and violent Power Rangers short film from a year or so back

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Travis343 posted:

Let me guess, you really liked that dark and violent Power Rangers short film from a year or so back

First I've heard of it.

I basically just want the Power Rangers except updated with more of a modern, American superhero twist to it. You know, like what JJ Abrams did with the 2009 Star Trek movie.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How are they supposed to do awkward karate in armor suits?

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I don't like them and not just because of the wedges. I think you need to embrace the sentai in order to have a chance of doing well, and these designs don't give the impression that they are going that route with the movie.

But it does look like they're actually throwbacks to the costumes from the first movie, sans chest medallions.

They're still overdesigned trash that's missing white gloves & boots, but they're at least aping good design instead of bad. :unsmith:

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

Wanamingo posted:

They look like something you'd put on a GPU box in 2006 or something. They even have the same "crinkly" texture everyone was using when normal mapping came into vogue.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Looks dumb and over-detailed especially around the hips and thighs, but also entirely like I expected. I wish they were more movie-Iron Man and less movie-Transformers.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm looking forward to the first trailer when they have to justify the names "power rangers" and "Rita repulsa", since those kind of go against trying to pass as another all ages superhero movie event you totally don't have to feel embarrassed about asking for tickets for

Trailer will probably be the most cringey thing except for the movie itself but will at least be a few minutes instead of four hours

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Looking forward to the gritty, dark, mature reboot of this costume:

Also while researching this I discovered that Divatox was played by the same actress who played Jadzia Dax on Deep Space Nine which is something I would never have figured out on my own in a million years :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

By the way CW's Flash introduced Black Siren (the Earth-2 version of Black Canary who is dead or something convoluted) and I thought it was very classy, with just the right amount of reminder of Black Canary's original showgirl-esque costume:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

Looking forward to the gritty, dark, mature reboot of this costume:

Also while researching this I discovered that Divatox was played by the same actress who played Jadzia Dax on Deep Space Nine which is something I would never have figured out on my own in a million years :shrug:

Because it's not true? Like at all?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

... You're right, she was played by Terry Farrell, why does Google want me to think these two women are the same person? :shrug:

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

I never thought I'd be wishing for the basketball texture, or thinking that it'd actually look pretty good, contextually.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How about tiny hexagons

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I know lips on helmets are part of the original power rangers schtick, but man are they unsettling.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

I know lips on helmets are part of the original power rangers schtick, but man are they unsettling.

Now imagine that those mouths move when they talk. How creepy would that be?

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

easily on par with Optimous Prime Movie Lips ®

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

Would that be better or worse than them having a forever-scowl but saying "yeah! cool! awesome!" or whatever?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Acne Rain posted:

I'm looking forward to the first trailer when they have to justify the names "power rangers" and "Rita repulsa", since those kind of go against trying to pass as another all ages superhero movie event you totally don't have to feel embarrassed about asking for tickets for

The sixth Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie opens in a couple months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I don't think this got posted when it was revealed, the bad guy in the new Power Rangers:

Compared to the tv show version

• Locked thread