Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Last night we lost a match because the last guy standing got hit in the chest with a smoke grenade.

https://youtu.be/2wLF6WHYFtM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hey hard whatever update my ps4 just downloaded broke the game

Sorry to hear that, let me work on it as soon as i figure out what you meant by broke the game.

All dope.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
hey hard i keep dying can you fix the game so that doesn't happen

thanks

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Hard posted:

Sorry to hear that, let me work on it as soon as i figure out what you meant by broke the game.

there were four or five matches where i would lose connection to the siege servers, and couldn't get it back for a decent duration of time. it hasn't happened since, though, so maybe it was a weird fluke

ps please make better skins for the p9

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I love how there's this nicely detailed map that shows up when your drones are croaked that you can't write on. Give us something we can say "hey, here's a beartrap", that'd be great.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

I love how there's this nicely detailed map that shows up when your drones are croaked that you can't write on. Give us something we can draw dicks on.

For once I agree with a Jones opinion.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jehde posted:

For once I agree with a Jones opinion.

It's really too bad that the whiteboard for Defcon came out way after the game had died off, it would have been so amusing early on.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Ooh speaking of skins, the subtle skin changes are so weird. I bought the platinum skin because chrome is an actual thing that goes on guns and looks pretty cool, and it made the pump shotguns look really bad rear end. But....now the stock is completely silver on the Mossberg for some reason? So it looks dumb again? Yet the stock is still black on the gold skin. These things are really important and I hope someone fixes them :ohdear:

It's been amusingly inconsistent across guns but the point is, the gold/silver skins with black parts/accents/grips look a million times better than the ones that are just CAST FROM A SOLID GOLD NUGGET or A SILVER TRINKET FOR YOUR FANCY

Thanks to whoever gave the silver Browning HP a black grip! It looks decent now. (Pssst shoulda kept the wood grip)

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

yellowjournalism posted:

Ooh speaking of skins, the subtle skin changes are so weird. I bought the platinum skin because chrome is an actual thing that goes on guns and looks pretty cool, and it made the pump shotguns look really bad rear end. But....now the stock is completely silver on the Mossberg for some reason? So it looks dumb again? Yet the stock is still black on the gold skin. These things are really important and I hope someone fixes them :ohdear:

It's been amusingly inconsistent across guns but the point is, the gold/silver skins with black parts/accents/grips look a million times better than the ones that are just CAST FROM A SOLID GOLD NUGGET or A SILVER TRINKET FOR YOUR FANCY

Thanks to whoever gave the silver Browning HP a black grip! It looks decent now. (Pssst shoulda kept the wood grip)

See I personally like the guns that look like they were carved out from a huge block of gold

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

ItheWelp87 posted:

See I personally like the guns that look like they were carved out from a huge block of gold

In my mind I'm always playing golden gun mode from n64 goldeneye :3:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It's really too bad that the whiteboard for Defcon came out way after the game had died off, it would have been so amusing early on.

im the drawing of Homer Simpson jerking it.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Both SAS engraved bundle and the platinum skin were reworked but to my knowledge didn't get mentioned in the patchnotes.

I love how there's this nicely detailed map that shows up when your drones are croaked that you can't write on. Give us something we can say "hey, here's a beartrap", that'd be great.

Noted. :)

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

there were four or five matches where i would lose connection to the siege servers, and couldn't get it back for a decent duration of time. it hasn't happened since, though, so maybe it was a weird fluke

ps please make better skins for the p9

PS4 did fart post update but should be back to normal by now.. whatever normal means for PS4.

Also yeah P9 skins are meh but i do like the new platinum on it.

General Morden posted:

hey hard i keep dying can you fix the game so that doesn't happen

thanks

I got you bruh.

e:

VV__ A patch for consoles was deployed today http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1447420-Update-3-1-Patch-Notes
Level Design
FIXED – Several collision and exploitable issues on various maps related to Valkyries Sticky Cameras.
FIXED – [Club House] Valkyrie’s Sticky Cameras are clipping through the Bar ceiling.
FIXED – [Border] There is a crack in the west wall of the Fountain Room.
FIXED – [Border] Valkyrie's Sticky Cameras can be thrown at EXT Roof.
FIXED – [Consulate] Valkyrie’s Sticky Cameras have no collision with the ceiling edge from 2F Hallway.
FIXED – [Consulate] Valkyrie’s Sticky Cameras do not have collision with the ceiling from 1F Lobby.
FIXED - [Club House] A drone has no collision with a wall near the Cash Room.

Gameplay
FIXED – Holding a deployable shield will prevent the player from taking damage from frontal headshot.
FIXED – A Shield-wielding Operator will not receive damage from frontal headshot while holding a Stun, Frag, or Smoke grenade.
FIXED – The host of a PVP Custom session would sometimes spawn out of the world, but their operator would be seen in-game.
FIXED – The red light of the cluster charge can be seen through a wooden barricade.
FIXED – The game crashes when attempting to join a game in progress during the winning showcase animation.
FIXED - [Valkyrie’s] Sticky cam status light remains floating when destroyed.

That and the S2 operators will be available for everybody to purchase tomorrow yeah.

Hard fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 17, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Just had an update on Xbone. I'm guessing just some pre-unlocking of new operator stuff before tomorrow and no big changes?

Loving the range on the pump shotgun now. Did they also change how fast they shoot? Because i swear Bandit shoots his 870 a bit faster than he did before.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I personally don't feel a difference and was just about to demand that all pump shotguns shoot as fast as the M870 because this is bullshit :colbert:

Really wish they did some of the platinum skins as twotone, the P9 would look amazing with just a chrome slide.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

If you're doing this, please actually add a 30-60 second planning phase after drones where we can draw dicks entry routes on the map, Rainbow Six style. :v:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

If you're doing this, please actually add a 30-60 second planning phase after drones where we can draw dicks entry routes on the map, Rainbow Six style. :v:

Extend the drone round timer out to a full minute or 90 seconds (it's usually 40 or 45 seconds IIRC) and have it so you can switch out of your drone to map mode and you're pretty much golden.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Please no I would like to shootmans more than once every 10 minutes.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Extend the drone round timer out to a full minute or 90 seconds (it's usually 40 or 45 seconds IIRC) and have it so you can switch out of your drone to map mode and you're pretty much golden.

This would also help feeling like I never have enough time to do the half dozen things I need to do during the defence preperation phase.

Or maybe that time pressure is a good thing? :shrug:

Jehde fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 18, 2016

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
It would give me more time to do the half dozen things I need to do between rounds like pack a new bowl.

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER

Maybe put Rainbow Six Vegas terrorist hunt on the little phone cameras the defenders have and they can have a LAN party while they wait for the attackers to make their plans

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

gently caress you play eve online you nerd

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

BadLlama posted:

Please no I would like to shootmans more than once every 10 minutes.

Yeah me too, but the idea of drawing entry dicks while playing house is too good. Hmmmm I wonder where this sort of

HARD CORE kind of gameplay would go

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Hey so what exactly are the rules for going into insta-dead instead of falling down into bleedout mode? I mean, I know being on a rope hanging around = insta dead and if you're the last player alive = dead and sometimes being on a staircase = insta-dead. But like 90% of the time when I'm in a regular rear end firefight with someone I'm straight up skipping downed-mode and going straight to "WELP no R1 medic revive cause you ded!". Am I to assume headshots = no butt drag mode?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Duke Chin posted:

Hey so what exactly are the rules for going into insta-dead instead of falling down into bleedout mode? I mean, I know being on a rope hanging around = insta dead and if you're the last player alive = dead and sometimes being on a staircase = insta-dead. But like 90% of the time when I'm in a regular rear end firefight with someone I'm straight up skipping downed-mode and going straight to "WELP no R1 medic revive cause you ded!". Am I to assume headshots = no butt drag mode?

oh man when that kept happening to you as Doc the other day it was the most infuriating thing ever (i'm rrrowdy btw)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

alf_pogs posted:

oh man when that kept happening to you as Doc the other day it was the most infuriating thing ever (i'm rrrowdy btw)

Oh poo poo I didn't know you were a goon, too. :cheers: Yeah sorry about that DukeRage™ - you saw that poo poo in spectator mode, right? It was getting annoying.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Duke Chin posted:

Headshots never put you into DBNO, unless they do.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the amount of damage you take into the negatives must be a factor because it feels way safer to toe someone with a lower caliber pistol than a high one

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the amount of damage you take into the negatives must be a factor because it feels way safer to toe someone with a lower caliber pistol than a high one

Yeah, I believe this is the case as well. I think it must also carry across into the bleedout mode, since in some games where I think I just hit 0hp I was able to survive a pistol round or two in my legs/feet, while I was crawling around a corner to safety - however on other occasions where I think I must've dipped a fair way into the negatives when I was gunned-down into bleedout mode, getting shot in the foot by a handgun finished me off straight away.

EDIT: Also, I like how pulling someone up off the floor allows them to immediately carry on (as opposed to making a token effort to patch them up first, like in L4D - not a great example I know, though), despite them being in bleedout mode. I mean, thanks for helping me up, but I'm still no less full of holes and bleeding all over the floor! :v:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 18, 2016

No. No more dancing!
Jun 15, 2006
Let 'er rip, dude!
I already get bored with the drone round length as an attacker. Making it longer would give defenders even more time to set up too. Being able to draw on the map would be a welcome addition though.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

This is the case, also something about Rook's armour gauranteeing a DBNO or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jehde posted:

This is the case, also something about Rook's armour gauranteeing a DBNO or something.

Rooks armor does guarantee a DBNO non-headshot yeah, and there's no way to overkill that.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So how long have you been able to get into the armored van in Consulates basement? Just lost a round because a Castle sat in there and killed us as we ran into the objective.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Hard posted:

FIXED – The host of a PVP Custom session would sometimes spawn out of the world, but their operator would be seen in-game.

This keeps happening to me in non custom regular ranked games. I hope it is fixed across the board.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
On PS4, I keep getting a "session not found" error message after literally every single multiplayer match (also will get it on the first time I try to boot up mp after starting the game), and it will automatically kick me back to the title screen and make me relog into multi every time. Anyone else have this happening, or know what the issue might be?

It's incredibly annoying because I can hook up with an awesome team, but after the round is over, I get kicked back to the title screen, so I'm forced to run with a new team every single round.

Edit: The error code is "2-0x0000C004" I can't seem to find anything online where it mentions this code. All the ones I see end with like, 67 or some other combination of 2 numbers.

Zipperelli. fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 18, 2016

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Used to be gold 4. I'm now silver 2. I don't feel like I've been playing that much worse than before. :(

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

ghetto wormhole posted:

Here's a video of a Sledge that's REALLY, REALLY good at the game. Watch the whole video to experience divine intervention in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgcfCs5LuXY

this owns.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So how long have you been able to get into the armored van in Consulates basement? Just lost a round because a Castle sat in there and killed us as we ran into the objective.

I saw a guy do this on Kanal once, I didnt know you could do it on Consulate too wtf.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Used to be gold 4. I'm now silver 2. I don't feel like I've been playing that much worse than before. :(

that means you didn't deserve it because it's more "accurate" now

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

afkmacro posted:

You have to consistently win as a team to rank up; hard fought defeats (4-5) will barely progress you and anything else will rank you down.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

So I played six ranked matches yesterday. The first round we went up against a team of 300 ping Chinese hackers(?) except one of them had 30 ping. He did by far the worst. One of them tossed a grenade randomly through an open window directly to where I was hiding on the second floor and killed me.

Then we got a new team and won 3 games in a row until we went up against a team that had this guy called TheEchidna. We started off winning, and then he went 18-3 and we lost. He had a 1.2 ranked kdr. There was another guy on his team who had like 4.2 kdr and went 4-3. We took a five minute break, picked up someone new, and STILL ended up being put against that same team. He went 10-2, again, and we lost 1-4. The only round we won was the one where he died at the very start of it. He always knew where everyone was peeking at the start of the round and I watched on a killcam where he shot me, turned around, went to the other end of the objective and into a different room, and shot my teammate without skipping a beat.

So I absolutely sympathize with anyone who refuses to play ranked. The hacking is god drat out of control and it sucks to play it knowing that Ubisoft will NEVER fix it, because they refuse to add any client-side anticheat. It's impossible to detect someone who is only wallhacking on FairFight. He has the most important possible thing in Siege, intel and positioning, which ensures that while he might die depending on how good a shot he is he will never lose games because he has such a huge upper hand. And the DLC operators are hilariously broken, ridiculously so. If you don't bring them on ranked you lose, that's it, no questions asked. It's absurd. I'm sorry, Hard, I know it's out of your hands but this just seems to be how it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Don't play ranked.

• Locked thread