Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

lookat dat big sumbitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Matey fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 30, 2016

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Whatup with them Nebraska Coeds though?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
This was a pretty cool act. Five stars

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

I lost my big HD picture :(

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

speaking of western rear end kansas...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Isn't bells like really good? That said

"I have been to many bars and breweries throughout Michigan. This is the first that sought to interrupt my experience by asking me to step outside with my e-cigarette. E-cigarettes do not create smoke, just odorless vapor that almost immediately dissipates and leaves no smell behind. They are perfectly legal in Michigan.

Why Bells' wants to alienate customers who use smoking alternatives is something I do not understand. I will not be visiting this establishment again."

gently caress hipsters

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

"odorless"

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Matey posted:

speaking of western rear end kansas...

You just know the person who came up with that name thinks they are clever as all get out.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

Isn't bells like really good? That said

"I have been to many bars and breweries throughout Michigan. This is the first that sought to interrupt my experience by asking me to step outside with my e-cigarette. E-cigarettes do not create smoke, just odorless vapor that almost immediately dissipates and leaves no smell behind. They are perfectly legal in Michigan.

Why Bells' wants to alienate customers who use smoking alternatives is something I do not understand. I will not be visiting this establishment again."

gently caress hipsters

For people that think its "odorless" and "Harmless" they sure expend a lot of energy not to inhale their own vapor.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Superman leaving the midwest for Metropolis was the most realistic thing from the comics

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

awe yeeeee nothing I love more than talking about the midwest and vaping

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Matey posted:

awe yeeeee nothing I love more than talking about the midwest and vaping

Look at the haze.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Linux Pirate posted:

Tourist traps are a staple of the midwest.

Probably one of the best tourist trap is carhenge.

I wouldn't consider Carhenge as a tourist trap. It is quite ingenious and provides a fairly accurate idea of the scale and layout of Stonehenge. I, by the way, am from the Midwest. I may contribute some photographs of my own at some point!

Love,
Vitalis

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

I am not a book posted:

Midwest trip report:
1 - theres a crazy la-style interstate highway clusterfuck as soon as you get into omaha from council bluffs
2 - nebraska breweries sure love to make hot pepper beer... probably because the rest of their food is so bland(see point 3)
3 - the runza i had in lincoln was trash and im surprised i didnt get sick. they should just make hotdish instead
4 - lots of thick-ankled cornfed women:getin:

1 - That's after the massive highway construction project in Council Bluffs. Omaha is growing rapidly.
2 - Well, some make hot pepper beer, but that's a novelty everywhere I think. I would recommend the heff brew from Nebraska Brewing Company. It's an award winner, and they do make great beers and ales.
3 - You bought a runza and expected . . . what, exactly? It's cabbage and ground beef.
4 - Yes, there are thick-ankled women. Also in Tennessee, Texas, Arizona, Michigan, Colorado, Utah, Florida . . . you get the picture.

Were you on the way to Colorado? If so, we should talk.

Love,
Vitalis

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This is what Peoria does to people

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If only that time traveler hadn't mixed up which Selena to kill.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Heath posted:

going to visit extended family in an even smaller town west of peoria this summer there is always so much exciting things going on there

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

thathonkey posted:

going to visit extended family in an even smaller town west of peoria this summer there is always so much exciting things going on there

Is it Pekin because lmfao I'm sorry

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Heath posted:

nothing else to do there

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

PokeJoe posted:

nothing else to do there

Whatever do you mean? There's - oh wait that closed

But there's -- no wait they closed too

Well we can go to the riverfro-- oh

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Gettin Peoria nostalgic in this thread. Probably will end up down there sometime later this year again.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Heath posted:

Is it Pekin because lmfao I'm sorry

macomb

Hui Tai Lang
Dec 31, 2009

Very late, but it sure looks like STL.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Gaunab posted:

iowa chop

"Let's take the most boring and tasteless cut of meat, cook it so that has the worst texture possible, and make it our claim to culinary fame."

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Light Gun Man posted:

Gettin Peoria nostalgic in this thread. Probably will end up down there sometime later this year again.

I grew up just outside of Peoria and the town still really clings to the idea that it's the all-American city because its proportional demographics most closely resemble that of the country at large when in reality it's because the city depends heavily on the large multinational corporation that fucks its workers over on a yearly basis. They also are gradually swallowing the riverfront area by doing things like building the ugliest museum ever conceived by human hands that takes pains to remind you that Caterpillar is a great boon to the local economy while attempting to make it seem like Peorians give a poo poo about anything resembling things like cultural development or living in a state of anything other than unceasing despair

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I live in SD and its fine. Defining feature of where I live is "it's flat". I really have nothing negative to say about it, other then "it's flat". Positives are also flatness

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Captain Yossarian posted:

I live in SD and its fine. Defining feature of where I live is "it's flat". I really have nothing negative to say about it, other then "it's flat". Positives are also flatness

Also, it isn't North Dakota, which is a pretty big plus, imo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I live near Sheboygan WI which, at 45k souls is the closest thing to a city in a 75 mile radius. And honestly I wouldn't mind living here if it wasn't for the fact that average age is something like 55. Every club I try to join is all middle aged or retired people. Everybody young left for the cities.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

manitowoc and sheboygan are two places i forget exist until i see them on a map. they're the delaware of wisconsin.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

notZaar posted:

I live near Sheboygan WI which, at 45k souls is the closest thing to a city in a 75 mile radius. And honestly I wouldn't mind living here if it wasn't for the fact that average age is something like 55. Every club I try to join is all middle aged or retired people. Everybody young left for the cities.

Literally the only cool thing about Sheboygan I remember from when my dad lived there is you could check out computer games from the library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

• Locked thread