Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

There's no point trying to do a DS 3 LP and compete with the superstars for thread attention, so just posting it here.

Episode 1 - Tutorial and Firelink Shrine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have added a bunch of stuff to the table of contents at the behest of the people involved, will be monitoring them for updates and such. Keep up the good work people!

Angrymog posted:

There's no point trying to do a DS 3 LP and compete with the superstars for thread attention, so just posting it here.

Episode 1 - Tutorial and Firelink Shrine

You did a better job against Gundyr than I did, that's for sure. :sweatdrop:

I haven't ever tried miracles in Dark Souls 3 so it'll be interesting to see some of them even if it's just the basic stuff.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 16, 2016

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

CJacobs posted:

You did a better job against Gundyr than I did, that's for sure. :sweatdrop:
Thank you, but this is technically my third go, so it's not that impressive :)

Any way, Part 2 is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsPt_z5WgG4

We open a chest.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Angrymog posted:

We open a chest.

How succinct.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love mimics, they sound like they're having fun and they do sick street fighter combos on you.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

CJacobs posted:

I love mimics, they sound like they're having fun and they do sick street fighter combos on you.

I'm disappointed that they didn't have both models of mimics in.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Angrymog posted:

I'm disappointed that they didn't have both models of mimics in.

They do tho

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Ever wondered what the absolute worst puzzle in Myst is? Well, I'm about to show you. Thank goodness this wasn't in the original and didn't gate any significant content behind it!

Next week is the last ep.
--

Episode 13 - Garbage Puzzle

---
Episode List: Playlist
Episode 1 - The Stranger
Episode 2 - Groundwork
Episode 2.5 - Channelwood Lore
Episode 3 - Ewok Village
Episode 3.5 - Stoneship Lore
Episode 4 - Rough Waters
Episode 5 - Lost at Sea
Episode 6 - Maestro
Episode 6.5 - Selenitic Lore
Episode 7 - Rocket Man
Episode 8 - Rollercoaster
Episode 9 - Get in Gear
Episode 9.5 - My Personal Hell
Episode 9.75 - Mechanical Lore
Episode 10 - Goose Chase
Episode 11 - A Bit Late
Episode 12 - The End Begins
Episode 13 - Garbage Puzzle

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Apparently it's "nine-gear crow shootplanes clearinghouse day" today. Here's mission 2 of Solar Eclipse - Hyperion!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

They do? That'll be something to 'look forwards' to then - on my mage run I just hunters charmed all of them after the first.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Blind Sally posted:

Also, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs got name dropped, so, uh, take a look at this 90s as all heck cartoon intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr2iQ96em2w

Looking further, though, it looks like it was a whole thing and I never realized that. There's a comic book and a video game as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillacs_and_Dinosaurs

Toy line, too:

Who knew?

Awwwh yeah, Xenozoic Tales for the win! And yes, it got both quite political and very weird. The plotline of the arcade game is p. much the plotline of the comic. There are poachers, who are assholes. There are ambushes and kidnappings. Jack Tenrec's lady friend is actually the ex mayor of a place who is also a dinosaur conservationist, and there is, just like in the arcade game, a professor who is actually an alien who actually introduced the dinosaurs because reasons and oh, didn't you know it was Earth after an alien war and we didn't exactly win and...

[At this point, JamieTheD passed out from talking about the C&D franchise without taking a breath :haw: ]

EDIT: Okay, there might have been a few half-truths in there, but the comic is cool, go look it up :P

JamieTheD fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 20, 2016

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Dark Souls III continued. We meet a nice old lady.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q8_9jRlBMY

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Angrymog posted:

Dark Souls III continued. We meet a nice old lady.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q8_9jRlBMY
That firebomb disaster was quite something.

Bobsedgws
Jun 12, 2009
College Slice

Zenithe posted:

First of the Lizardmen, and the first real challenge this game has to offer.

Part Four- Jack of Plague

Playlist

Part One - Jack of Dust
Part Two - Jack of Bones
Part Three- Queen of Dust
Part Four- Jack of Plague

Oh man, watching you fight mages was painful - you know you can get by their block by right clicking to stun them first right?

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
So a friend of mine and I have been meaning to give this Let's Play thing a shot for a good while now - so we decided to tackle Super Metroid for the SNES - being a favorite of his and completely foreign to me. Not sure how worthwhile this will be or whether we'll even finish it, but it's certainly the definition of casual. Take the dive with us if you wish; just try not to pull your teeth out at me dying. My word, Metroid is hard.

First Episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqFv9aRyPrs

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Bobsedgws posted:

Oh man, watching you fight mages was painful - you know you can get by their block by right clicking to stun them first right?

I didn't. Now I do, so thanks!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sometimes I look at covers of 90s Turok comics and wonder just what the heck they were thinking:

Anyways, we get our first real boss here. Pro-tip: move quickly to avoid its attacks and shoot at it.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

:psyduck: Finding that sceptre piece.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

Sometimes I look at covers of 90s Turok comics and wonder just what the heck they were thinking:

Anyways, we get our first real boss here. Pro-tip: move quickly to avoid its attacks and shoot at it.

Is that guy wearing a Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt?? :eyepop:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Fortunately, that's the most obtuse chronosceptor piece. The rest aren't quite so absurd.

Also, yeah, that dude's probably wearing a RHCP shirt. The 90s Turok comics were 90s as heck. Like, extreme 90s with extreme guns and bad clothes and weird oversexualization. To cross-post from PSWII360's Turok thread:

Blind Sally posted:

What the gently caress is up with these covers. Anyways, Joshua seems like the kinda guy who likes to play the field, so I don't know how serious he and Adon were:

The older Turok comics were pretty bad for oversexualizing and making damsels of women. Tal'set was guilty of this too:

I mean, I like Turok and I liked the 90s, but man, there's a lot to criticize and make fun of.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

:siren::siren::siren:OFF-WORLD INTERCEPTOR EXTREME - EXTREME UPDATE 3 - PLANET BASTION & IGOR RANCID:siren::siren::siren:

IT'S TIME FOR SOME EXTREME 90S GAMING!!! whooooa

I messed with the audio mixing a bit, but as this is the Casual Thread, I didn't want to spend too much time on it. The levels are more balanced, but if you really want to watch the videos with only one pair of idiots talking over the cutscenes instead of two, I have continued to include the NO COMMENTARY versions.

Also, gently caress IGOR RANCID. This boss is bullshit.

Sally fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 22, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
vee

vee sector

edit: I approve of this use of vaporwave

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 22, 2016

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Tell us, what is your 90s Interceptorsona?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
An iridescent silver jeep that with a chaingun that flings exploding barrels at enemies. It's called the "D E S T R U C T I T U D I N A T O R"*. The spaces are part of the name.

*original character, do not steal

On a separate note, we get the VIOLATOR for the next video :woop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
But the real question is, what would Justin Trudeau think of the violator

edit: Where would his like or dislike of the violator rank on trudeaumetre.ca?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

edit: Where would his like or dislike of the violator rank on trudeaumetre.ca?

It would be a "Broken Promise".

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So, I was trying to make a real thread for this, but I'm a big noob and didn't really have any interest, so the thread is literally empty. I'm really new at this, but I think it is appropriate for me to just post it here instead. I made a post in the thread saying that further updates would be posted here, and I just go finished with part 3 today, so...

Let's Play Uncharted 1! (remastered for ps4)
as played by a noob who's both terrible at games and at LPs.
I'm still playing around with my auto ducking settings, so if anyone does end up watching these, I'd really appreciate feedback on audio quality related things. Any feedback really.

Part 1: The Boat to Eldorado
In this video, we get through the first tutorialy sections, fighting some pirates and getting into some light platforming traversal. We don't actually sail a boat to Eldorado. Or get Eldorado at all. Sully isn't very happy about it.

Part 2: Elena Punches Me in the Face
With the tutorialy sections over, we get into some real platforming and combat. The platforming reminds me of Tomb Raider in a good way.

Part 3: Two Trees, One Plane
In this part, Nathan loses his map, which I assume, is why this game is called "Uncharted".

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Watched the Hand of Fate videos, nice work.

It's a great little game, I really need to go back to my run of it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snak posted:

So, I was trying to make a real thread for this, but I'm a big noob and didn't really have any interest, so the thread is literally empty. I'm really new at this, but I think it is appropriate for me to just post it here instead. I made a post in the thread saying that further updates would be posted here, and I just go finished with part 3 today, so...

Let's Play Uncharted 1! (remastered for ps4)
as played by a noob who's both terrible at games and at LPs.
I'm still playing around with my auto ducking settings, so if anyone does end up watching these, I'd really appreciate feedback on audio quality related things. Any feedback really.

Part 1: The Boat to Eldorado
In this video, we get through the first tutorialy sections, fighting some pirates and getting into some light platforming traversal. We don't actually sail a boat to Eldorado. Or get Eldorado at all. Sully isn't very happy about it.

Part 2: Elena Punches Me in the Face
With the tutorialy sections over, we get into some real platforming and combat. The platforming reminds me of Tomb Raider in a good way.

Part 3: Two Trees, One Plane
In this part, Nathan loses his map, which I assume, is why this game is called "Uncharted".

Audio seems okay to me, capture is perfect. Not my favorite let's play of the game but on a technical level you're doing fine.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am a fan of your dry wit. It's a good comparison to Drake being a goofball. :v:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Audio seems okay to me, capture is perfect. Not my favorite let's play of the game but on a technical level you're doing fine.

Thanks! Yeah, learning to talk while I play and giving worthwhile commentary is definitely my biggest challenge. The angle I'm going for in general with my LPs is going to be discussing game design, but even with a focus in mind, I end up just narrating what I'm doing a lot of the time :\. Thanks for checking it out and I'm glad that it seems good technically!

CJacobs posted:

I am a fan of your dry wit. It's a good comparison to Drake being a goofball. :v:
Thanks!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snak posted:

Thanks! Yeah, learning to talk while I play and giving worthwhile commentary is definitely my biggest challenge. The angle I'm going for in general with my LPs is going to be discussing game design, but even with a focus in mind, I end up just narrating what I'm doing a lot of the time :\. Thanks for checking it out and I'm glad that it seems good technically!

Thanks!

I can tell what you're going for, and you'll get there, especially if you're aware of any problems. My first let's plays weren't spectacular either but I was unashamedly passionate, don't be afraid to be you. Keep trying and remember to have faith in yourself.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I can tell what you're going for, and you'll get there, especially if you're aware of any problems. My first let's plays weren't spectacular either but I was unashamedly passionate, don't be afraid to be you. Keep trying and remember to have faith in yourself.

It really doesn't help that I'm doing blind LPs. If I was doing a game that I knew better, I could formulate a more cohesive commentary. But I'm not super interested in replaying anything right now, and blind LPs are what I find the most interesting, so I figure it's good practice if I want to do them in the future, even if it was a poor choice for my first two.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snak posted:

It really doesn't help that I'm doing blind LPs. If I was doing a game that I knew better, I could formulate a more cohesive commentary. But I'm not super interested in replaying anything right now, and blind LPs are what I find the most interesting, so I figure it's good practice if I want to do them in the future, even if it was a poor choice for my first two.

Challenging yourself is an important part of learning, so I wouldn't call it a poor choice. Mark of Kri and Uncharted have drat good design, but that's a perfect reason to cut your teeth on them.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Don't worry! At the very least you can rest knowing that it would be very hard to be worse than my LPs.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

mikeycp posted:

Don't worry! At the very least you can rest knowing that it would be very hard to be worse than my LPs.

Every time you post, I link someone the image in your avatar. If nothing else, that should make you feel good about what you do.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Challenging yourself is an important part of learning, so I wouldn't call it a poor choice. Mark of Kri and Uncharted have drat good design, but that's a perfect reason to cut your teeth on them.

Thanks. That was pretty much my thinking. At the end of the day, I'm doing this for me, so I'm trying to things that are challenging and engaging and fun. While it sounds like it could be bad, playing these games with the idea of trying to do so in a way that is interesting or engaging to other people is helping keep a lot a negativity out of my gaming. There's a couple places where I get frustrated, but the idea that I need to come up with a new approach, problem-solve rationally, and not whine about it, helps me as a player. In the past, when I would play games, I would often get stubborn and beat my head against parts where I was stuck in a very repetitive and unfun way. Playing with the idea of showing my gameplay to other people, I don't want to do that, and if I get frustrated, I want to articulate my frustration in a clear and concise way that at least says something about the way I play games or the way I feel about the aspect of the game that is frustrating me.

I plan to do both Rise of the Kasai, and the rest of the Uncharted sequels, though I'll probably not do Rise of the Kasai immediately after I finish the Mark of Kri.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Every time you post, I link someone the image in your avatar. If nothing else, that should make you feel good about what you do.

I would if only this AV wasn't a punishment for complaining about my previous avatar. :negative:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Look I don't know what your old avatar was but this new one is the best one.