Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I will literally fight anyone who bitches about this race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

What an incredible race, but goddamnit i wanted the 42 or 24 to get him.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Matt, Kyle and Chase drove their asses off for that one.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Flipped over from NBA halftime, I made a good choice what a great ending

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Heathen posted:

Matt, Kyle and Chase drove their asses off for that one.

it started 200(?!) laps earlier with Truex and Larson, that's the crazy thing

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
That race is why i love stock car racing.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The whole second half of that race was insane.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That reminded me of Smoke's last win (also at Dover), only that was the 14 and 42, with the 24 lurking.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I will literally fight anyone who bitches about this race

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

SwampYankee posted:

That race is why i love stock car racing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
you're not even allowed to say it was a wet fart finish, either, because Kenseth earned that :colbert:

haters vacate till next week tia

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I really wish my stream hadn't poo poo the bed just as the race was starting to get good. Sounds like I missed a good one. :(

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

you're not even allowed to say it was a wet fart finish, either, because Kenseth earned that :colbert:

haters vacate till next week tia

Kenseth is a living breathing wet fart.

Fun race, poo poo winner.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

SpitztheGreat posted:

I really wish my stream hadn't poo poo the bed just as the race was starting to get good. Sounds like I missed a good one. :(

the last 200 miles was likely the best 200 miles in the last decade

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Dover gets a bad rep but it produces some great races. The chase race from 08(?) was awesome as well

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

Ungratek posted:

Dover gets a bad rep but it produces some great races. The chase race from 08(?) was awesome as well

Yup, this one:
https://youtu.be/CtvNDpzmwaw

Kenseth and Jeff Burton had a great battle there in 06 too.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

What a loving race. I figured Larson was done with 5 to go and started to leave, only to see him underneath Kenseth when I started crossing the pedestrian bridge. I had to run back to the big screen to see the end of it.

I'm still blown away at the voodoo curse that haunts Martin Truex. And also that he finished 9th somehow

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

Looks like more aero tweaks coming for the All-Star race:
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20160515a

Confirmation from Steve O'Donnell on Twitter, but no specifics:
https://twitter.com/odsteve/status/731981358621319168

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

What a loving race. I figured Larson was done with 5 to go and started to leave...

This I don't get. You paid to go to a race, sat through 395 laps, and then decide to leave before it was over? I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that makes you a bad sports fan. I can maybe understand leaving a football game early in the 4th quarter if your team is down 35 points, but leaving a race with 5 laps to go when you know there could be a GWC is just madness. When I was at Loudon I was shocked at how the trickle out of the track started, and grew, with more than 30 laps to go. Everyone knew that the teams were stretching their mileage, and this is a Chase race, how the hell do you leave early? I get that people want to beat the traffic, but if you're in such a hurry to beat the traffic then why even go to the race to begin with?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SpitztheGreat posted:

This I don't get. You paid to go to a race, sat through 395 laps, and then decide to leave before it was over? I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that makes you a bad sports fan. I can maybe understand leaving a football game early in the 4th quarter if your team is down 35 points, but leaving a race with 5 laps to go when you know there could be a GWC is just madness. When I was at Loudon I was shocked at how the trickle out of the track started, and grew, with more than 30 laps to go. Everyone knew that the teams were stretching their mileage, and this is a Chase race, how the hell do you leave early? I get that people want to beat the traffic, but if you're in such a hurry to beat the traffic then why even go to the race to begin with?

Dude if you want to throw shade at people for leaving races early don't do it in my direction because I'm the guy who wants to see every lap of these things. I was in pain all loving day and wanted to see as much of the race as I could and not have to feel like I was dying on the drive home, and I still literally ran back to watch the end because I'd rather see a cool finish than not have my guts feel like they're falling out.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Part 2 of the CMT docudrama on NASCAR is airing right now. I'm liking it so far, but I can't help but laugh at the big ridge on which the Daytona construction site is located, with rolling hills in the background. Northeast Florida: known for its mountainous terrain.

e- I also learned I really don't want to see "Billy Ray Cyrus was once a country star, but went to jail and didn't realize he has a kid" scripted comedy hour.

e2- Yes, Bill France, Jr. had a front-row seat to the fight which was happening in Turn 3.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 16, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

SpitztheGreat posted:

I leave Eastern States with 25 to go all the loving time.

I mean, if this is the kind of stuff haters transition to now that the races are fun, this thread is gonna get hilarious.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://twitter.com/NASFACTS/status/732394469610430464

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
shinedown galopagos is my fav driver

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Harvick to Hendrick rumors are starting up again.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I a fan of spraindyer groineger.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

You mean sphincter gobbler.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Well, poo poo:

http://actionsdetrimental.com

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Landon Cassill has very quickly become one of my favorite drivers

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

The Cup race this weekend had the lowest race ratings in a decade. Of course its the best race they've had in a while, of course.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Fantastic.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Good stuff bhester, Landon Cassill, and company.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Cygni posted:

The Cup race this weekend had the lowest race ratings in a decade. Of course its the best race they've had in a while, of course.

It takes decades to build a sport up and just a couple of bad years to tear it down.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Our Facebook members are now producing video comments!

:negative:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Finally I've seen the face behind the spurdo.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

He's being ironic, right?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Slickdrac posted:

I would hope so since the next video that popped up was about putting beer in his butt.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Slickdrac posted:

Definitely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssjd1coUI_4

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

the one that followed that was him streaming BO3 so don't be so sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Man I've been told in that video. Who was that aimed at? Also :lol: being a vaper.

• Locked thread