Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Made of Meat

Heya Bowmore! Welcome to BYOB!

If you have interesting hobbies or cute pets, we love to hear about them.

And btw, those valentine hearts are made by NECCO (the New England Confectionary COmpany), the same people who make NECCO wafers. For some reason, everybody hates NECCO wafers, but they love the little hearts.

Not sure why I shared that. It was intended to be informative rather than entertaining.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Heya Bowmore! Welcome to BYOB!

If you have interesting hobbies or cute pets, we love to hear about them.

And btw, those valentine hearts are made by NECCO (the New England Confectionary COmpany), the same people who make NECCO wafers. For some reason, everybody hates NECCO wafers, but they love the little hearts.

Not sure why I shared that. It was intended to be informative rather than entertaining.

I like necco wafers because I can use them in place of quarters at automated toll booths.

Robot Made of Meat

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I like necco wafers because I can use them in place of quarters at automated toll booths.

Quarters are tastier.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

bowmore

I have a rescue cat named Charlie, he is about 3? years old, he thinks he is a tough guy but frequently is a scaredy cat and wants cuddles

Macnult

bowmore posted:

I have a rescue cat named Charlie, he is about 3? years old, he thinks he is a tough guy but frequently is a scaredy cat and wants cuddles

what a cute cat :3:

clone on the phone

HighwireAct posted:

Yeah, the issue with that post particularly was less about humor and more about setting up an OP with a good jumping-off point for discussion. He didn't have to be a knob about it though

I don't worry a whole lot about my humor here though; I don't remember ever being an egregious shitposter on any of the other forums I've been a part of, so it shouldn't be a problem here

I think my advice would be, just be honest and be true to yourself and don't take anything personally, especially from people on the internet.

Lately I try to post like if I was saying the words to a person standing in front of me.

Love and respect everyone even if you disagree!

City of Glompton

that's a good cat.

I used to like necco but they changed their flavors and now they are nasty :mr.yuk:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

clone on the phone

That's probably why I don't understand a lot of the forums here anymore, but the yob is cozy and warm.

Hi friends, I got to go home from work early today and I'm just super happy about it. Gonna pet my dog and give him treats. He's gonna love that poo poo.

symbolic

i was wondering why there were four new pages of posts. then i saw the meltdown by the dude i've never seen before. that was a good laugh.

DraconicImpulse posted:

I miss Nooner, he posted here for like a day.
i feel like nooner should stay in GBS for his own good

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Rasmussen posted:

I think my advice would be, just be honest and be true to yourself and don't take anything personally, especially from people on the internet.

Lately I try to post like if I was saying the words to a person standing in front of me.

Love and respect everyone even if you disagree!

thanks for the advice :)
love the positivity out here!

Matoi Ryuko

HighwireAct posted:

thanks for the advice :)
love the positivity out here!

I think your D&D thread is doing really well, buddy!

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I think your D&D thread is doing really well, buddy!

yeah, I was totally surprised that it caught on! The discussion happening has been really solid so far

3D Megadoodoo
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

alnilam posted:

(Alan Davies voice) helloooooooooooooo

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Jerry Cotton posted:

alnilam posted:

(Alan Davies voice) hellooooooooooooo

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

hexenmexen

by exmarx

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Welcome to byob, hexenmexen! I like your name!

Let's see if I can quote properly, hello to you too.

I read an article about two years ago and it really made it seem, at least for liberal arts, that getting a PHD was basically paying to work, but it is good to hear that research is getting done that you feel like is a contribution to the world. There is always negativity surrounding academic pursuits, so I like to hear good stories, or at least people feeling their work is of value.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

eonwe

welcome

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Eonwe posted:

welcome

Hi eonwe

I like your posting

I like it when people get mad at your posting

alnilam

hexenmexen posted:

Let's see if I can quote properly, hello to you too.

I read an article about two years ago and it really made it seem, at least for liberal arts, that getting a PHD was basically paying to work, but it is good to hear that research is getting done that you feel like is a contribution to the world. There is always negativity surrounding academic pursuits, so I like to hear good stories, or at least people feeling their work is of value.

I don't advocate paying to get a phd, mostly all STEM phds and many non-stem ones you get paid to do it, via research or teaching assistantships. I don't know anyone who paid for their phd and that includes some history, philosophy, and english peeps, but most of them are science bc that's what i did

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Renegret posted:

Hi eonwe

I like your posting

same

----------------

FluffieDuckie

Wait are we supposed to be getting mad at eonwe's posting?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FluffieDuckie posted:

there's a dude in one thread in the games forum who starts foaming at the mouth every time Eonwe shows up.

It's really funny

I'm being intentionally vague

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Renegret posted:

there's a dude in one thread in the games forum who starts foaming at the mouth every time Eonwe shows up.

It's really funny

I'm being intentionally vague

watch someone who routinely searches "dude" AND "in the games forum" AND "foaming" show up

FluffieDuckie

I normally enjoy visitors from other forums but yesterday's visitor made me sad so I'm a little concerned

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Matoi Ryuko posted:

ah.. those people at necco really know how to make a disgusting candy

lifenomad

I'm a new visitor, maybe I can cheer ya up a bit with the following:

shinmai

CHK Instruction
hello lifenomad, I've never seen that in reverse before, and I must say it's very good. It's like they're on a boat that's doing a sweet barrel roll.

I also like your avatar, it reminds me of me when I'm programming.

cute anime girl

I saw a cat picture in here and it was a good cat thank you for posting the cat.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

FluffieDuckie posted:

for some reason games posters get really mad at eonwe, and while their reactions are funny, i have never understood why they get so mad

----------------

shinmai

CHK Instruction
It is my belief that some people are just waiting to get angry at something, because they feel bad and want to vent but don't dare to open up to anyone. :(

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

FluffieDuckie posted:

I normally enjoy visitors from other forums but yesterday's visitor made me sad so I'm a little concerned

I can't fathom how he's managed to stay bitter for the whole 15 years he's been here

symbolic

Hogge Wild posted:

for some reason games posters get really mad at eonwe, and while their reactions are funny, i have never understood why they get so mad
everyone hated him in the AGDQ 2016 thread and i don't remember why

Matoi Ryuko

lmbo calrissian posted:

ah.. those people at necco really know how to make a disgusting candy

Laugh it up now but after the bombs fall you're going to thank your stars necco candy survived the apocalypse.

lifenomad posted:

I'm a new visitor, maybe I can cheer ya up a bit with the following:

Hahaha, I love it.

eonwe

Renegret posted:

Hi eonwe

I like your posting

thank you both

FluffieDuckie posted:

not here!!!! maybe on other forums, but never here, I hope

tao of lmao

Can someone make a joke workshop thread based on this tweet

https://twitter.com/Pro_Jones_/status/634578118456426496

I'd do it myself, but :effort:

3D Megadoodoo
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So who was it?

http://i.imgur.com/BUuEk7m.webm

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
i mean, i moonlight as a games poster and i like eonwe's posting. even in the agdq thread.
:shrug:

eonwe

thanks! :3:

oh i had a burger from mooyah today because someone gave me a coupon for a free burger

it was pretty okay, I ate the whole thing and enjoyed it, though ive had better burgers

symbolic

DraconicImpulse posted:

i mean, i moonlight as a games poster and i like eonwe's posting. even in the agdq thread.
:shrug:
yeah, i was one of the most frequent posters in that thread and eonwe came off as an alright dude

but holy gently caress was that thread amazing, especially when Awful Games Done Quick hit

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

symbolic posted:

yeah, i was one of the most frequent posters in that thread and eonwe came off as an alright dude

but holy gently caress was that thread amazing, especially when Awful Games Done Quick hit

Awful block is always such a treat :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe

yeah awful games is pretty wonderful

peaches is a great runner