Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Paco Vato posted:

Actually, space dad did just this. Dunno about the rest of the alliance or coalition.

Duchemin wouldn't lower herself to associate with Theta, get real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Xolve posted:

I don't think Horde will still be living in Fade during the great re-conquista of 2019

I think that people are coming around to the idea that the war is going to take a long time, I know in fleets and on mumble the conversation has turned a bit as people realize that we'll still be at this well into the end of the year unless something drastic changes. Probably not 2019, but you never know! It worked out for Bob in the past, now they fly with you guys and have renters and space again and everything, just took a while.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Rust Martialis posted:

Duchemin wouldn't lower herself to associate with Theta, get real.

Ang was in theta

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
So what would happen to the game if Interdictors turned Interceptor and got immunity to warp bubbles?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Paco Vato posted:

Ang was in theta

Never heard her speak once in Theta comms in two years, if that's the case. Maybe she should have actually participated instead of being a read-only summer child.

edit:so I'm still right, she'd never *associate* with Theta, she just wanted protection for her money making like so many others. The cancer that was killing goonswarm, or whatever she called Theta.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 18, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

War Eagle posted:

I disagree of course. If the outcome was still uncertain, then calling for everyone to evacuate makes it very certain, and not in our favor. Even if it was just a call to remove non-essential equipment, that would be akin to telling everyone to abandon the region and wouldn't have served anyone's interests.

It depends on what your priorities are. The members or the institution. The members should always come first and that means warning them at the cost of bad PR.

Sort of like when the playstation services were hacked and personal/credit card information stolen. Step 1 on page 1 in the crisis manual should have been to warn all customers. But instead they kept a lid on it to preserve the institution.

Paco Vato posted:

Actually, space dad did just this. Dunno about the rest of the alliance or coalition.

Great. If he had made it in the war room and broadcasted it to all.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Before, but there was no official call to evacuate general stuff. The majority of assets that are stuck in dek are most likely industrial assets not ships. Most people who really wanted to get their capitals out of dek before we actually lost stations did so fairly easily.

Personally I moved my cap through X-7 so I could wave at the super blob as I passed through. They only got my cyno, when I was setting up.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
thanks for your valued advice on where loyalty should lie zephyrine

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

It depends on what your priorities are. The members or the institution. The members should always come first and that means warning them at the cost of bad PR.

Sort of like when the playstation services were hacked and personal/credit card information stolen. Step 1 on page 1 in the crisis manual should have been to warn all customers. But instead they kept a lid on it to preserve the institution.

Says grunt transport person with no leadership position ever.

Also public calls to evacuate just give enemies a reason to bubble camp stations and systems for people trying to get out. Sorry that you need people to hold your hand if you can't read the writing on the wall

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

thanks for your valued advice on where loyalty should lie zephyrine

No one can call my loyalty into question.

vyst posted:

Says grunt transport person with no leadership position ever.

Also public calls to evacuate just give enemies a reason to bubble camp stations and systems for people trying to get out. Sorry that you need people to hold your hand if you can't read the writing on the wall

There were public calls to evacuate Vale and Branch and bubble camps were no problem. Mainly because the people living there were fighting for the space and not Fabian-ing it up in low sec.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

I don't agree, and I think that comparison is more than a bit of a stretch. Nothing was hacked or kept in secret, leadership simply didn't set off a panic or cede ground to the bad guys before they had to. I personally don't mind losing some assets if it is for the good of the whole, but again that's not what happened, since I and many others read between the lines and withdrew when we saw how the fight was going.

Speaking of, anyone who has assets in Pure Blind should read Dotlan and take note of what is being reinforced by the bad guys. http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Pure_Blind/#vulnerable

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

For experienced logistics people it's easy to evacuate anywhere. I'm pretty sure fcon got skull hosed a number of times losing expensive poo poo evaccin. Also Vale literally borders low sec so lol at comparing it to Deklein in terms of difficulty.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
e: forgot bfm talk was not allowed

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

There were public calls to evacuate Vale and Branch and bubble camps were no problem. Mainly because the people living there were fighting for the space and not Fabian-ing it up in low sec.

You've been in Goonfleet, I would think that you can appreciate that there's a level of hatred for us that far exceeds the hatred of our friends. Combine that with it being Fortress Delve, and you have to admit that they would have gone after the goons retreating from Delve with more vengeance than they did in other places.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I was a wee week old newbie in early April and even I got the message that I needed to move all my crap to Sarannanaen, so :shrug:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Xolve posted:

Sorry if my post sounds hoarse, I partied really hard last night ♥2♣

is that what you call Stellaris?

Weird

Xolve posted:

Who the gently caress is Solaryis Chtonium?

Some lovely TEST hanger on, I think. UP says Dark, but they're around both more often than not

Their CEO is a guy called Rick Riordan, we fought them when Reavers did a deployment to TEST's Wicked Creek recovery home

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

Great. If he had made it in the war room and broadcasted it to all.

Thetans asked what they should do, I gave them my opinion on the matter (get your poo poo out now).

I don't think sending out a "Evac Dek" broadcast to all is within my purview. I wouldn't even know what TPS report to file for something like that.

Also, :frogout:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Who the gently caress is Solaryis Chtonium?

Some idiots who couldn't even successfully gank my cyno magnate earlier.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Fureil posted:

So what would happen to the game if Interdictors turned Interceptor and got immunity to warp bubbles?
They would be virtually invulnerable and absurdly overpowered?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

Clearly. It's not like you're tagged up with PL pets or anythi...

Oh.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I find it funny that people who jump ship as soon as the going gets tough suddenly have all the answers on what GSF should have done or should do.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Zephyrine posted:

what loyalty

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Siets posted:

Clearly. It's not like you're tagged up with PL pets or anythi...

Oh.

Yes I picked a different colour on the chess board.

nex posted:

I find it funny that people who jump ship as soon as the going gets tough suddenly have all the answers on what GSF should have done or should do.

Horde has it a lot tougher than GSF right now

"going gets boring" might have been more accurate but the reality is more akin to

"going got really creepy and overly serious in the old internet space guild and I didn't want to support it any more"

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Zephyrine posted:

Agreed, they have to put up with you.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love how jumping ship when times get tough and you don't get your way is the equivalent of loyalty these days.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Fix Lag posted:

what loyalty

Zephyrine posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition.

quote:

(3:59:26 PM) rust_martialis: hey ted was Duchemin *in* theta?
(3:59:42 PM) ted_mcmanfist: yes
(3:59:57 PM) ted_mcmanfist: everyone that bothers to apply gets in
(4:00:04 PM) alabama_jack: Are there Goonwaffe members who aren't in Theta at this point?
(4:00:06 PM) ted_mcmanfist: but she bever did anything with us

So Theta was awful, but you were a member of Theta. I agree, it's not clear if you exhibit actual disloyalty or simple mercenary hypocrisy. We were simply useful to help you make money, you could ignore all the horribleness by ignoring it. You certainly never spoke up about any problems you had with Theta. You seem to have made a habit of that kind of behavior I guess.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 18, 2016

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vyst posted:

I love how jumping ship when times get tough and you don't get your way is the equivalent of loyalty these days.

:ironicat:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Considering Vyst basically has been inactive a year and just had 10 kilos of flesh carved off he's hardly 'jumped ship' when things got bad. If anything he should have dropped ages ago.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I feel like you don't know how this emoticon works

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah vyst didn't jump ship idk why on earth anyone would say that

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

vyst posted:

I feel like you don't know how this emoticon works

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

Yes I picked a different colour on the chess board.

So... When I'm playing chess with a bud, I should definitely write a huge whiny overdramatic post about why I'm switching from the white pieces to the black pieces, correct?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Triggered

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

"going gets boring" might have been more accurate but the reality is more akin to

"going got really creepy and overly serious in the old internet space guild and I didn't want to support it any more"

To be fair I'm a casual follower of the thread and I don't really remember your spesific reasons for leaving, perhaps your could summarize?
The posts you have made lately that I have noticed are typical fair weather friend bullshit that I've seen many times before in other settings, but I would always be wrong.

And lol if you think PH is having it hard compared to GSF being outnumbered and outgunned in every way.

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?

Siets posted:

So... When I'm playing chess with a bud, I should definitely write a huge whiny overdramatic post about why I'm switching from the white pieces to the black pieces, correct?

Don't forget to include that you also want to go to the black pieces to make more money, as they are completely fine with screwing each other over.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I probably made the least isk of anyone involved in shipping in GSF.

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?

Zephyrine posted:

I probably made the least isk of anyone involved in shipping in GSF.

Exactly the point I'm making

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

If Vyst resubbed tomorrow he'd be right back in waffe. It's really not the same thing.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

vyst posted:

For experienced logistics people it's easy to evacuate anywhere. I'm pretty sure fcon got skull hosed a number of times losing expensive poo poo evaccin. Also Vale literally borders low sec so lol at comparing it to Deklein in terms of difficulty.

Hi we evacuated well over 1000 (prob close to 2) JF loads from dek, hell even got mex out of gy5, and only lost a couple cynos. That's how baller we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Also i hope your recovery is going well Vyst

• Locked thread