Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Finally broke down and just cheatengined in thousands of H-bux, having to pay every time you want to actually have fun with the gungame mode is the dumbest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Digirat posted:

Is there a single roguelite out there with good co-op?

Risk of Rain is really fun with friends.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Is there only 1 secret room per level or is there sometimes more?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I've seen two secret rooms on the Forge before, one of which had the Blank salesman.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I've definitely seen two secret rooms on the first stage before. One of them had THREE MIMICS. On the first stage.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

got some major ss13 flashbacks

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Network Pesci posted:

I've definitely seen two secret rooms on the first stage before. One of them had THREE MIMICS. On the first stage.

I've experienced that too, it must be a troll by the developers.

In other news the Stinger is so, so good.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Justin_Brett posted:

Made it to the Dragun for the first time. Felt like a pretty nice boss until they decided the only way to make him harder was to introduce random bullet sprays to his fair pattern.

Really? I thought that was more the High Priest's gimmick.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Sad there is no online coop :/

Some of my cross country friends and I played this at Pax and it was great.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Online coop would be great but I'd settle for just being able to play as the Cultist in singleplayer.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I'm starting to get bored of this just because the bullet is so good I can't bring myself to play any other character. I could play someone else and put up with their god awful starting weapon or I can bring out a sword and cruise right on through the first 3 floors with little problem unless I play exceedingly poorly and lose my sword beam.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Just got to fight the past for the first time. As the Pilot. :gonk:

To my credit, I really made those assholes work for it. Had them down to about 1/3 health before I finally ate poo poo.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Made it to Bullet Hell for the first time tonight. Unfortunately I started it with 1/2 of a heart, but thanks to the item that heals you for playing well I was able to get phase 2 of the Lich down to 25% before eating it. So close!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

A few things I learned about caped bulletkin - they can be cursed and still behave normally, and Wolf doesn't attack them.

Angry Diplomat posted:

To my credit, I really made those assholes work for it. Had them down to about 1/3 health before I finally ate poo poo.

Were you abusing the hell out of your active item? Mashing spacebar in that fight does a ton of extra damage + is pretty fun.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Angry Diplomat posted:

Is the Pilot's past the hardest one? I managed to kill that last night with half a heart left for the final half of the fight!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I got down to a heart left against the Convict's boss earlier just because he never stays still.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Radioactive Toy posted:

Made it to Bullet Hell for the first time tonight. Unfortunately I started it with 1/2 of a heart, but thanks to the item that heals you for playing well I was able to get phase 2 of the Lich down to 25% before eating it. So close!

About that...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

frozenpeas posted:

Is the Pilot's past the hardest one? I managed to kill that last night with half a heart left for the final half of the fight!

imo easiest to hardest is Hunter > Convict > Pilot > Marine. The Marine's is the only one that I couldn't do on the first try.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

For me it's

Convict > Marine > Pilot > Hunter

Convict I beat flawless each time I hit that point, he usually just stays at the top and doesn't do much.

Same with Marine's boss, he has the ultra easy "can you walk up and down slightly?" attack and his barf doesn't track you so it's easy to walk around. Lava floor literally doesn't matter.

Pilot's is visually overwhelming and I nearly got my rear end handed to me first time doing it (took 3 hits back to back) but once you figure out where to roll you can literally become invincible without really moving that much.

Hunter is easily the hardest to me because more often then not wolfenclaw will run behind his monster and hide making it a pain to get to him to make him stop. I eat massive amounts of poo poo whenever I do this fight because I try to take him out asap and the lightning bolt attack from the boss always nails me as it's always really sudden. If you're playing with a controller and aiming down to find WC you have literally 0 time to react to the bolts.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Were you abusing the hell out of your active item? Mashing spacebar in that fight does a ton of extra damage + is pretty fun.

Yeah, I was doing my damnedest to ensure that no part of the screen was not explosions at any given time. What really hosed me up was the short, sluggish "dodge roll" you get in that fight.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I made a Dragun Guide for those who need it.

Use the Quad Laser, it's impossible for the Dragun to dodge it. The bullet is much to large. Jumping... is useless.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I liked the part where he killed all your quad laser bullets with skull bullets

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I liked the part where he killed all your quad laser bullets with skull bullets

The dragun has mooninite technology, the plot thickens.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

loving game. Just had an awesome run, had seven-leaf clover, got the skeleton key thing, found a clone. Had awesome weapons coming from every orifice. hosed up on the Kill Pillars, but killed them as I died. So the game restarts me, but the only control I have is over the camera, no other inputs work. For gently caress's sake.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The guide to Dragun seems to be having basic pattern recognition. He's not easy but all of his attacks are perfectly fair. It's weird after some of the Fourth Chamber bosses.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
What are the best items to add to the pool from Military Surplus Orc and Goopton? I pretty much have only bought from the main shop after I added a crappy item or two from Goopton.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

-M16
-Patriot
-AWP
-Comm4nd0
-Chaff Grenade (because it lets you steal)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
all of the goopton items are good but the sponge in particular is a mandatory buy

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Justin_Brett posted:

The guide to Dragun seems to be having basic pattern recognition. He's not easy but all of his attacks are perfectly fair. It's weird after some of the Fourth Chamber bosses.

Yeah I can do pretty well with him, I just wanted to use that dumb gun and if I died then I would of lived up to how it worked in the show. Win-win. :v:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

DolphinCop posted:

all of the goopton items are good but the sponge in particular is a mandatory buy

Abyssal Tentacle, Gundromeda Strain, and The Membrane are all great. If it's possible to buy all the other stuff and ignore the Plunger, I'd do that though. That thing's a piece of poo poo unless you have poison immunity.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

DolphinCop posted:

the Fossilized Gun is really dang good at cleaning out rooms without running out of ammo in your other guns

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man I'm bad at this game. Been playing for weeks and still haven't managed to get the arcane primer to the black smith.

I do pretty good up until the hollow. If I get anything but the high priest I lose.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

DrManiac posted:

Man I'm bad at this game. Been playing for weeks and still haven't managed to get the arcane primer to the black smith.

I do pretty good up until the hollow. If I get anything but the high priest I lose.

The Wallmonger isn't too hard, stay in the middle and dodge until he starts up his fire attack, then move to one side and STAY on that side. You can dodge roll through the 4 rows of bullets if you time it right.

Better yet, if you have flying or a passive that protects you from fire, you can just hang out in the fire.

Plus it's really hard to miss hitting him.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Sorry for the double post but...

First sub 20 minute speedrun! :woop:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I figured that I should finish fixing the elevator and get that mess done with. Needed 6 keys and 300 shells and I'm pretty confident that I can do it with just the pistol if I had to so I set out to do just that- by floor 3 I had a couple good guns via boss drops and was flawlessing stuff left and right.

Tragedy struck me with this pretty fun bug as I was wrapping up floor 3

It took literally all my health to deal with floor 4 like this but uh- I actually managed to do it with half a heart left :v:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I figured that I should finish fixing the elevator and get that mess done with. Needed 6 keys and 300 shells and I'm pretty confident that I can do it with just the pistol if I had to so I set out to do just that- by floor 3 I had a couple good guns via boss drops and was flawlessing stuff left and right.

It took literally all my health to deal with floor 4 like this but uh- I actually managed to do it with half a heart left :v:

Yikes. How on earth did that happen?

Also, FINALLY managed to kill the past, but as the Pilot. Does he have extra luck or something? I always get much further with more health with him than the Marine/Hunter.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He does get more drops and pays less at the shop. That can affect things a lot, especially once the Bullet materials are all collected.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 08:24 on May 19, 2016

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

The lockpicks are extremely good and the Pilot's passives are hands down the best in the game IMO. He just has a godawful backup pistol.

e: the Hunter's dog should occasionally harry a nearby enemy, slowing its movement and fire rate.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If this ever happens again, just bring up the pause menu and unpause. Happened to me also, but I bumbled into fixing it before it hosed me over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

DrManiac posted:

You can entirely blank away the Kill Pillars' field of curse bullets pattern. I couldn't flawless them before I started doing that (I think it was the position it left me in at the end of that pattern) and have flawlessed them like 2/3 times since then.