Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I hosed Joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
It's said that most peoples noses and ears keep growing forever. For Joe, it's his head and fingers. That's how you can easily approximate Joes age by looking at any (post bald) picture, they're like his own version of tree rings.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

diesiel posted:

It's said that most peoples noses and ears keep growing forever. For Joe, it's his head and fingers. That's how you can easily approximate Joes age by looking at any (post bald) picture, they're like his own version of tree rings.

healthy living and fad diets are the key to a well adjusted lifestyle

also HGH, testosterone, and a host of other performance enhancers

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Joe's head is shrinking because of the HGH he takes

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Does anyone else really get rubbed the wrong way when the podcast becomes "let's judge the gently caress out of everyone dumber or less attractive than LA comedians while self fellating"? I dislike this Cummings episode immensely. It's bad enough when Joe is just being Joe but when another person who is super duper Los Angeles shows up and they start feeding off eachother's vanity it just drive me insane.

Pryor on Fire fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 5, 2016

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I got the opposite feeling. She was talking about thinking how vapid and petty people are in Los Angeles after she returned from Vietnam and experienced people who deal with real life problems.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
For someone really funny, the Cummings episodes are depressing and awful. Lighten the gently caress up.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
yeah, like tell some jokes or sumthin'

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
My favourite part was Joe talking about Australiapithecus

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Pocket Billiards posted:

My favourite part was Joe talking about Australiapithecus

How is Joe's grandfather anyway.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I enjoyed her on the podcast. I liked her the last time she was on too. I have never seen her standup or anything, but she seems funny enough.

She's definitely a little crazy though.

The Miesha Tate episode is great too

Dirt fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 6, 2016

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Only two minutes in but Joe has already explained both flat earth theory and chemtrails to Miesha Tate. Five stars.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Finally got around to finishing the Dan Auerbach episode and I really enjoyed it. He seemed a lot more down to Earth than some of the things I've heard about him would have suggested.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Decades posted:

Only two minutes in but Joe has already explained both flat earth theory and chemtrails to Miesha Tate. Five stars.

This is great, but is episode actually any good?

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Seltzer posted:

It's ok, definitely depends how interested you are in Miesha Tate. They don't veer too far off topic from mma stuff. The bits about her early career as a completely unprepared participant in a non existent sport were probably the most interesting. Like she didn't know what the Thai clinch was until she was already eating knees and couldn't process a response besides shooting doubles straight into said knees. She's a tough lady.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Joe has a new catchphrase from this episode: "WAAHT?!"

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I made it about 30 minutes into the new episode with Alex Grey and his wife/girlfriend before I shut it off. What a pretentious dork.

I feel like if anyone else acted like that on the podcast Joe would go off on them for being ridiculous, but Joe loves the guys wacky stoner art so he's all in.

I am impressed with the dudes ability to mooch millions of dollars off of people on the Internet to build some goofy building though.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
It might have come after the 30 minute mark but a good chunk of the episode is about burning man, and Joe just comes at them steadily in full blown sarcastic comedian mode, and it's pretty good.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

I didn't listen to all, just tuned in, the chick that got booted off carolla's show, he dropped a bald pie story. Joe knows a guy that photo shops pictures of a radio host that makes his teeth look just slightly bigger, he's slightly more bald, he has slightly narrow shoulders. I think the quote is "it fucks with him" ?? maybe not,

she's not very interesting, lots of mmms and rights

edit bald opie and not pie

Risket
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

DJ BK posted:

I didn't listen to all, just tuned in, the chick that got booted off carolla's show, he dropped a bald pie story. Joe knows a guy that photo shops pictures of a radio host that makes his teeth look just slightly bigger, he's slightly more bald, he has slightly narrow shoulders. I think the quote is "it fucks with him" ?? maybe not,

she's not very interesting, lots of mmms and rights

edit bald opie and not pie
What in the world are you talking about?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I'm listening to the new episode with Bobcat Goldthwait, and I'm really disappointed Joe won't star in his gay Billy Jack movie.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thinking about seeing Joey Diaz live next month when he comes to Philly. Anyone here seen his live act?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

Thinking about seeing Joey Diaz live next month when he comes to Philly. Anyone here seen his live act?

I have, I love joey, his live act has ups and downs like anyone's does but the good shows he has are TREMENDOUS.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

beep by grandpa posted:

I would go

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

I would go deep

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

Is it at Helium Comedy Club? I saw him there like 5 years ago and it was a great show. If you like him you'll definitely have a good time.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

In my heart of hearts, comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges here, at the end of the day, Gary Johnson sounds like a cool guy but something about applying free market to EVERYTHING sounds fishy/retarded. It says something about him though that he was willing to do JRE, I literally can't imagine ANYONE else in high office willing to come on his show.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Trump and Joe both seem on about the same page about pseudoscience and conspiracy theories.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Libertarians are just republicans who smoke pot.

It's the same poo poo but they use the free market instead of Jesus as the thing that will fix all problems.

I have about zero interest in listening to Gary Johnson. I did enjoy the Bobcat episode the other day though.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Dirt posted:

Libertarians are just republicans who smoke pot.

It's the same poo poo but they use the free market instead of Jesus as the thing that will fix all problems.

I have about zero interest in listening to Gary Johnson. I did enjoy the Bobcat episode the other day though.

Free Market public education for children is the biggest problem I see...like wtf? "If they're not satisfied, they can just pick a different school for their children :smug:" Uhh ok but how do they get there? What if the next school is 20 miles away? What if Coca-Cola is funding the health class? Monsanto teaching biology or BP teaching earth/space science? Sorry I'm too stupid to debate but I just wanted to express these thoughts somewhere.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
The phrase I like to think about with regard to libertarianism is "Can this problem be solved with less government rather than more; more freedom rather than less?" The answer is surely not always yes, but the common theme of libertarians is that they try to answer yes whenever possible. There's a pretty wide gap between anarchists and people who think government can solve every problem, and I think that's the main problem with libertarians winning elections.

Most Americans really are libertarians (in the sense that I mean), but that leaves a ton to disagree about. At this point, I think any step towards more freedom is a good one so I'll vote for the far edge that wants to privatize everything because they won't accomplish that, and there's no way I'm voting for a Democrat or Republican.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

sweet_jones posted:

I would go deep, cocksuckas.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

vote_no posted:

The phrase I like to think about with regard to libertarianism is "Can this problem be solved with less government rather than more; more freedom rather than less?" The answer is surely not always yes, but the common theme of libertarians is that they try to answer yes whenever possible. There's a pretty wide gap between anarchists and people who think government can solve every problem, and I think that's the main problem with libertarians winning elections.

Most Americans really are libertarians (in the sense that I mean), but that leaves a ton to disagree about. At this point, I think any step towards more freedom is a good one so I'll vote for the far edge that wants to privatize everything because they won't accomplish that, and there's no way I'm voting for a Democrat or Republican.

Political parties are almost religious in how they hijack people's thought processes....if you debate a religious person, their minds will follow a pattern of logic, logic, logic, logic, logic, SCREEECCHHH sharp left turn into emotion, then down the ramp to crazydown down denial lane with the odometer set to confirmation bias. I felt the same with Gary Johnson, he followed a pattern of logic, logic, logic, logic, then he veers off into his emotional stock in his belief and his eyes probably unfocus as he says "FREE MARKET WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING :smug:"

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
If they didn't talk bathroom politics I'm not interested.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

they did,
joe used the time to ask political questions, what johnson thinks of the irs, what johnson thinks of north korea, why johnson can't get in the debates

if you already know johnson, skip it, nothing interesting and he will never get elected president

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

always be closing posted:

If they didn't talk about someone getting gorilla hosed I'm not interested.

I'm only listening for the jokes. Gary Johnson is a joke thief and likes the free market too much. He also seems to have NO CLUE why the president needs to fly in Air Force One or needs the amount of secret service protection that they have.

Bobcat on the other hand was a great listen. As is Tom Papa so far.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Viper_3000 posted:

I'm only listening for the jokes. Gary Johnson is a joke thief and likes the free market too much. He also seems to have NO CLUE why the president needs to fly in Air Force One or needs the amount of secret service protection that they have.

Bobcat on the other hand was a great listen. As is Tom Papa so far.

:smug: The role of Air Force One should go to whoever gives the president the best deal on flights. DUH

I've been trying to listen to the Whitney Cummings episode, but I get so loving irritated when they start talking about stuff they don't understand at all, mainly, "well we humans were/weren't designed to....." They won't loving stop. I want to become famous just so I can be on the podcast and talk to Joe about this kind of stuff. That and Musashi.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Tom Papa is one of my favorite guests. I've been reading the something offal bread thread for two days.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Agreeing that Tom Papa is a great listen. I don't know who Tom Papa is other than a name I've heard a bunch, and it was just a random episode I picked after not having listened in a while, but it's a very easy-going, comfortable episode. I think my metric for quality now is "doesn't annoy the gently caress out of me", but then the JRE was always like that; sometimes getting the gently caress annoyed out of you is a hobby, e.g., Redban back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrL56-TZhQ0