Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Finally had the King Oscar/Clover Leaf Sardines in olive oil.

Good but not worth the $$$.

My favorite are still the Portuguese ones and honestly the cheapo Brunswicks do the trick for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Honey wheat toast is not good dine dining

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

Finally had the King Oscar/Clover Leaf Sardines in olive oil.

Good but not worth the $$$.

My favorite are still the Portuguese ones and honestly the cheapo Brunswicks do the trick for me.

I've been pretty happy with the Brunswicks, too. Unfortunately I'm lucky to find just the olive oil and mustard ones in the stores here, if they carry Brunswicks at all.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

ChrisHansen posted:

Honey wheat toast is not good dine dining

I can't imagine sweet tastes going well with 'dines.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Khao man gai

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
That's some sad looking rice, chief.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ceciltron posted:

That's some sad looking rice, chief.

It's cooked in chicken broth that's how it looks

You should know that :mad:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Sambal Oelek with sardines on toast is the best thing, and I'd have never thought to mix the two

thanks thread!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Khao man gai

I had khao man gai from the little old lady who makes it near my house today, and yours looks better :fork:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Khao man gai

Where's the soup? Why do you hate broth? Let us tech you to love.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
do not fret, dadfriend

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Don't forget about the feta ! Goes well with sardines too :)

naem
May 29, 2011

:agreed:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Butch Cassidy posted:

Where's the soup? Why do you hate broth? Let us tech you to love.

I had neither home made broth nor the winter melon to put in it so why bother

Bardeh posted:

I had khao man gai from the little old lady who makes it near my house today, and yours looks better :fork:

Looks are probably deceiving but it was decent

raton fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 19, 2016

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
I have a mackerel bone lodged in my throat :(

Am I going to die, how the gently caress do I get it out

Worst breakfast ever

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

AEMINAL posted:

Worst breakfast ever

What did you do???

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Ruzihm posted:

What did you do???

Mashed up a tin of mackerel and ate it on toast. It's getting better at least

Had some banana and bread to unstick it.

I'm probably just feeling a scratch in my throat by now

Be careful fellow dadgoons!!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i was starving last night i wish i had saved an emergency pack of mustard sardines

i still havnt cracked my can of mackeral. its a big can. maybe ill make like a pasta casserole out of it?

im living in austerity mode for the rest of the month.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Hear underneath dis laitl stean, laz aeminal, levr ov bon

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

AEMINAL posted:

Worst breakfast ever

You just wait a little while and either your guts dissolve it or you turd it out

In Thailand people will point at the chest/back part of the chicken that is left over and ask the fried chicken guy to fry it up and he does so. Sometimes they pick the little bits of meat off of it, sometimes they just have him crudely chop it up with a cleaver and then feed this mess of chopped cooked bones to their dogs who love it (Thai people like dogs a lot). The dogs don't give a poo poo and as far as I can tell suffer no long term effects.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Sheep-Goats posted:

You just wait a little while and either your guts dissolve it or you turd it out

In Thailand people will point at the chest/back part of the chicken that is left over and ask the fried chicken guy to fry it up and he does so. Sometimes they pick the little bits of meat off of it, sometimes they just have him crudely chop it up with a cleaver and then feed this mess of chopped cooked bones to their dogs who love it (Thai people like dogs a lot). The dogs don't give a poo poo and as far as I can tell suffer no long term effects.

yea its basically gone now phew thank allah

also lol dogs can eat chicken bones?? my parents always kept saying how chicken bones would kill our dog so no chicken for her.. if only i knew

i wonder if dogs enjoy dines.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Has a dog ever not enjoyed eating something?

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

withak posted:

Has a dog ever not enjoyed eating something?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

okay i get it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

AEMINAL posted:

yea its basically gone now phew thank allah

also lol dogs can eat chicken bones?? my parents always kept saying how chicken bones would kill our dog so no chicken for her.. if only i knew

i wonder if dogs enjoy dines.

My parents too. I told Thai people that my parents said that and they said "Thai dog different." I told my parents that story and I don't think my dad was able to process it and just said "dogs can't eat chicken bones they will get stuck in their throats."

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
Chicken bones like to splinter and have a higher chance of hurting your dog. Don't feed them chicken bones unless you want to pay for expensive surgery. Really you shouldn't feed them any bones.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sar-do's: olive oil, spicy, mustard, herring, mackerel

sar-dont's: open tin over self

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Atticus_1354 posted:

Chicken bones like to splinter and have a higher chance of hurting your dog. Don't feed them chicken bones unless you want to pay for expensive surgery. Really you shouldn't feed them any bones.

Thai dog differen

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Atticus_1354 posted:

That's just cooked bones. Raw bones are very good for them

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

That's just cooked bones. Raw bones are very good for them

Bones are bones. Why risk it?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

$50 well spent

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

NmareBfly posted:

$50 well spent

lol added to op

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
After months spent eating dry Trader Joes dines, going to some King O sprats has been nothing short of a revelation.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

NmareBfly posted:

$50 well spent

I bought a 12er of these but they're not as smoky as I'd like and just taste kinda fishy. Not unbearable/unedible but just not really that great. Had a can on a couple pieces of bread.

Anything to recommend if I want a smokier flavor? They'd be great otherwise.

EDIT: These were the Riga Gold cans if it makes any difference.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Joe Man posted:

I bought a 12er of these but they're not as smoky as I'd like and just taste kinda fishy. Not unbearable/unedible but just not really that great. Had a can on a couple pieces of bread.

Anything to recommend if I want a smokier flavor? They'd be great otherwise.

EDIT: These were the Riga Gold cans if it makes any difference.

Buy liquid smoke. People knock it but 95% of what people like about bacon is the liquid smoke Oscar Meyer puts into it. Put like a drop into some mustard or whatever in a little dish and stir it around before you put it on there. You can also do smoked paprika or obviously chipotle powder or sauce. Anyway the bacon flavor is either hickory or mesquite so try to find applewood liquid smoke or something else, it shoudln't be hard.

Additionally there's an Indian cooking technique where you take a small steel bowl with a few drops of oil in it and drop in a lit coal that you genrally torch up on the gas burner and drop it into the oil. This bowl goes on top of the food in your pan and the lid goes on the pan and you get another shortcut to smoke.

I feel like the only fish with more smoke than Riga are the expensive actual smoked noncan fishes from various delis or whatever

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

NmareBfly posted:

$50 well spent

What up case of sprats buddy :yum::hf::chef:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

$50 well spent

:siren: a second dad has hit the sprat towers :siren:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fister Roboto posted:

:siren: a second dad has hit the sprat towers :siren:

:guffaw:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if i go subway and give them sardine will they make me a sardine subway???

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Don't go to subway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Sheep-Goats posted:

Buy liquid smoke. People knock it but 95% of what people like about bacon is the liquid smoke Oscar Meyer puts into it. Put like a drop into some mustard or whatever in a little dish and stir it around before you put it on there. You can also do smoked paprika or obviously chipotle powder or sauce. Anyway the bacon flavor is either hickory or mesquite so try to find applewood liquid smoke or something else, it shoudln't be hard.

Additionally there's an Indian cooking technique where you take a small steel bowl with a few drops of oil in it and drop in a lit coal that you genrally torch up on the gas burner and drop it into the oil. This bowl goes on top of the food in your pan and the lid goes on the pan and you get another shortcut to smoke.

I feel like the only fish with more smoke than Riga are the expensive actual smoked noncan fishes from various delis or whatever

who gets oscar meyer bacon smh