Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

jm20 posted:

I found out they gave out some free aur a while back, and its sitting in my market orders to the tune of 10b for free. That's a pretty nice gift. Does anyone know how to determine how much aur you have on old trial accounts? Would they have the Aur too?

I was wondering this too, or like where my aur went. Or did I not click a thing and collect it. Cuz if so, ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Holy poo poo, gently caress the other thread, now I remember why I stopped reading it. Also anyone wanna sperg about dreadnaght fittings?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Elmnt80 posted:

Holy poo poo, gently caress the other thread, now I remember why I stopped reading it. Also anyone wanna sperg about dreadnaght fittings?

I'd definitely like to know more about how to fit my naglfar for wormhole defense in a c4.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Elmnt80 posted:

HAW Revelations with Scorch are amaaaaazing
Phoenixes will never be good again
Naglfar still best overall dread for pretty much everything
etc

Also, Larrikin just announced that they think the new dreads are way too overpowered versus subcaps due to oversights in how the new tracking equation works, and rather than fix the tracking equation, they're just going to nerf every dread gun's tracking. :cawg:

e: Also, the old thread may recover a bit now that VG has banned any talk of doxxing, racism, or pedos, but we'll see.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ullerrm posted:

etc

Also, Larrikin just announced that they think the new dreads are way too overpowered versus subcaps due to oversights in how the new tracking equation works, and rather than fix the tracking equation, they're just going to nerf every dread gun's tracking. :cawg:

e: Also, the old thread may recover a bit now that VG has banned any talk of doxxing, racism, or pedos, but we'll see.

wait did he really? so tracking titans live for like a month

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wait did he really? so tracking titans live for like a month

https://www.reddit.com/r/evecapitalfocusgroup/comments/4jvyy9/discussion_tracking_and_capitals/

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i was talking to you on jabber but you're bad at responding in the bad directors deigning to talk to us peasants channel

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I've thrown together a Confessor to breeze through level 2s and 3s after it wasn't really going fast enough for my taste in a Vexor Navy Issue. And dear jesus god, this is going insanely fast.

[Confessor, L3]
Small Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
1MN Afterburner II

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Energy Collision Accelerator II
Small Energy Locus Coordinator I
[empty rig slot]

I threw this together with maybe 3 minutes of thought and it's already doing the job better than the VNI even though it's probably inefficient. 280 dps out to 60km with Aurora and 480dps with IN Multifrequency out to 15km in sharpshooter mode. You just warp in, kill the trigger to blitz, or just murder everything from the beacon if it's within 60km.

Any chance I'll be able to blitz or "almost run" level 4s in some variation of tactical destroyer with more tank or a different setup?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Confessors look extremely cool, while also being extremely effective and versatile little ships. Hole Squad has been going on short and sweet roams with them and I have been having a blast. They are basically little golden Amarr anime ships. :swoon:

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Is there a tool that will let me pull out selected transactions and total up the sum/loss of those transactions? I know you can copy the data directly out of the journal, but when I paste it into a spreadsheet it comes with isk text and commas, of which I never cared to learn enough about spreadsheets to figure out how to strip easily. Just want to get a total sum of how much I spent on PI goods going into a factory planet so I can have a clear picture of my final profit.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

jm20 posted:

I found out they gave out some free aur a while back, and its sitting in my market orders to the tune of 10b for free. That's a pretty nice gift. Does anyone know how to determine how much aur you have on old trial accounts? Would they have the Aur too?

I don't think so. I recently reactivated an old account that hadn't been used since before they gave all that aur. When I checked there was no aur to be found. I doubt they gave any to trial accounts.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ullerrm posted:

etc

Would you be so kind as to educate me on dreads and why the Phoenixes will never be good again? I'm not even sure what kind of weapon system is on a phoenix.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Dalael posted:

I don't think so. I recently reactivated an old account that hadn't been used since before they gave all that aur. When I checked there was no aur to be found. I doubt they gave any to trial accounts.

Can you find this stuff out without being subbed? I have a bunch of cyno accounts who may profit 300-700net. Can I transfer isk if I hours for pled cause that would save me 900m and I'd be laughing even more. Maybe just hours for plex and see :iiam:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

jm20 posted:

Can you find this stuff out without being subbed? I have a bunch of cyno accounts who may profit 300-700net. Can I transfer isk if I hours for pled cause that would save me 900m and I'd be laughing even more. Maybe just hours for plex and see :iiam:

if you don't mind risking an account to find out, there's an option you can select under account management which allows you to re-sub an account for a few hours, on the promise that you're only doing so in order to buy a PLEX and use it on that character. If after those few hours you have not PLEXed it, then the account is banned. I think.
I read that somewhere a long time ago.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

nessin posted:

Is there a tool that will let me pull out selected transactions and total up the sum/loss of those transactions? I know you can copy the data directly out of the journal, but when I paste it into a spreadsheet it comes with isk text and commas, of which I never cared to learn enough about spreadsheets to figure out how to strip easily. Just want to get a total sum of how much I spent on PI goods going into a factory planet so I can have a clear picture of my final profit.

Not that I know of, but using something like notepad++ you can do a mass find+replace function and strip out every "isk" or comma or whatever text you want, replacing or removing it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Dalael posted:

if you don't mind risking an account to find out, there's an option you can select under account management which allows you to re-sub an account for a few hours, on the promise that you're only doing so in order to buy a PLEX and use it on that character. If after those few hours you have not PLEXed it, then the account is banned. I think.
I read that somewhere a long time ago.

Its hours for plex and you're not banned if you don't plex, you just can't hours for plex again until you properly resub. I've done it plenty when I needed to move assets off of a unsubbed character, but it wasn't worth plexing or paying for a sub.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

Its hours for plex and you're not banned if you don't plex, you just can't hours for plex again until you properly resub. I've done it plenty when I needed to move assets off of a unsubbed character, but it wasn't worth plexing or paying for a sub.

Awesome, thanks!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So quick question

My account sub runs out in 2 days. I've got 5 days left on a skill that's training. After how many days will the training queue pause? Is it still 48 hours?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
So far 3 accounts had no aurum, but I scooped 400m in redeemable items for free so its not all lost :shrug:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

jm20 posted:

So far 3 accounts had no aurum, but I scooped 400m in redeemable items for free so its not all lost :shrug:

redeemable crap is worth that much? I never bothered with it and just shoved it all in a can somewhere.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Dalael posted:

redeemable crap is worth that much? I never bothered with it and just shoved it all in a can somewhere.

Some of it is -- in particular, the Yachts and the Genolutions.

i was talking to you on jabber but you're bad at responding in the bad directors deigning to talk to us peasants channel

I was out being social :colbert:

Dalael posted:

Would you be so kind as to educate me on dreads and why the Phoenixes will never be good again? I'm not even sure what kind of weapon system is on a phoenix.

Three reasons:

1) The Phoenix was already pretty good at blapping subcaps with XL torpedoes -- so, in order to make the Phoenix's high-angle option interesting, they massively boosted the explosion radius of XL Torpedoes in the latest patch. They now have a 10km base explosion radius, 7.5km with perfect skills, 7.1km with one TE -- for comparison, an armor Thanatos is 6.5km with links, and POCOs are 2.5km.

Yes, your anti-capital weapon system can get sigtanked by a carrier. :ccp:

2) The Phoenix, instead of getting high-angle turrets, gets Rapid Torpedo Launchers. These are lovely in PvP for three reasons:

2a: Reload times. Hooray, I shot a few primaries, now I wait for 20sec for reloads while the rest of the turret dreads keep firing
2b: Torpedoes don't apply nearly as well to cruisers as large turrets do
2c: Ammo differences. On the turret dreads, high-angle guns still use XL ammo, so you can use one set of ammo and just carry a spare set of guns. With the Phoenix, the anticapital torp launchers use XL torps, but the Rapid Torpedo Launchers use normal torps. So, you need separate ammo.

3) The Phoenix used to have an interesting niche in that it was the only dread to have a resist bonus, so you traded the irritants of missile systems (travel time, sig/speed tanking, potential for firewalling, etc) for the absurdly high alpha and the fact that a pimped fit could eat a DD without even dipping into armor. However, the Revelation now gets a resist bonus, and absurdly good high-angle guns due to the existence of Scorch XL.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 19, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've thrown together a Confessor to breeze through level 2s and 3s after it wasn't really going fast enough for my taste in a Vexor Navy Issue. And dear jesus god, this is going insanely fast.

[Confessor, L3]
Small Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
1MN Afterburner II

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Energy Collision Accelerator II
Small Energy Locus Coordinator I
[empty rig slot]

I threw this together with maybe 3 minutes of thought and it's already doing the job better than the VNI even though it's probably inefficient. 280 dps out to 60km with Aurora and 480dps with IN Multifrequency out to 15km in sharpshooter mode. You just warp in, kill the trigger to blitz, or just murder everything from the beacon if it's within 60km.

Any chance I'll be able to blitz or "almost run" level 4s in some variation of tactical destroyer with more tank or a different setup?

Level 4s with a T3-destroyer probably will not really work out, there are sometimes tons of battleships around and a couple unlucky hits will toast every destroyer-sized ship.

If battleships and command ships are too slow for your taste, try out T3-cruisers. I ran level 4s in a HAM-Legion and it was fine. Of course it was a lot more work compared to just hanging back with my Cruise-Raven and slowly reducing everything to ashes. With a HAM-Legion you need to slowly brachiate from battleship to battleship like the world's weirdest ape.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I'm out of the game for a few weeks and want to get involved with GFSC when I get back. Trying to do some advance prep on my skill queue because I'm a newbee who can't really do poo poo with anything just yet.

Pretty sure I'll fill up the next 20 days just training for the Caracal but I'm wondering if I also need to train leadership skills.

I read this but still find the leadership system kinda confusing. If I read it correctly, if I am an FC my leadership skills don't matter at all until I hit Fleet Command, and my fleet will not receive any boosts besides what their wing and squad commanders provide (including links). Therefore training those skills is only marginally useful until I'm ready to spend a couple months training to FC4. Is that correct?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Morris posted:

I read this but still find the leadership system kinda confusing. If I read it correctly, if I am an FC my leadership skills don't matter at all until I hit Fleet Command, and my fleet will not receive any boosts besides what their wing and squad commanders provide (including links). Therefore training those skills is only marginally useful until I'm ready to spend a couple months training to FC4. Is that correct?
You only need Fleet Command trained to pass down bonuses if you expect to be leading fleets of more than 50 characters (well, 51 including yourself). That said, the entire gang boosting/leadership system is going to be reworked in a few months, so you may want to hold off on training the skills until you know how the new system will work.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Corp seems overrun by cunts. Judging from jabber and GF forums anyway.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

bluegoon posted:

Corp seems overrun by cunts. Judging from jabber and GF forums anyway.

you seem to be in the chill thread, if you want to kvetch about how bad (one) of the goon groups is please do it in their pgs thread or in the main shitbox thread mostly poo poo up by paco right now

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

you seem to be in the chill thread, if you want to kvetch about how bad (one) of the goon groups is please do it in their pgs thread or in the main shitbox thread mostly poo poo up by paco right now

Exactly. gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Does CCP even have support staff? I've had tickets open for weeks

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

bluegoon posted:

Exactly. gently caress off.

Please be chill in the chill thread :(

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

jm20 posted:

Oh man, don't say that. I just put in a ticket because two of my three planets just up and decided to eat 750m-1b of material and I'm hesitant to touch the third until I'm sure not to break it. Although I may just give up on factory planet PI after this so getting it fixed and dealt with so I can keep using the planets may not be a big deal so much as just getting the final investment out of it.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
My last ticket (relating to a launcher issue which really only stopped me from using Project Discovery, so not a showstopper) was open for almost a month. CCP gave me 27 days of free game time for the wait though :shrug:

LemonDrizzle posted:

You only need Fleet Command trained to pass down bonuses if you expect to be leading fleets of more than 50 characters (well, 51 including yourself). That said, the entire gang boosting/leadership system is going to be reworked in a few months, so you may want to hold off on training the skills until you know how the new system will work.

Thanks, I've already had some experiences with SP goalposts moving so I get what you're saying. Is not having those skills something that is likely to cripple a fleet? Not uncommon for GSF Caracal and interceptor fleets to hit > 50 dudes but I don't think those fleets typically run links either.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
I've been farming burner missions using the pubbie guide and they are pretty neat. More effort/isk than carrier ratting, but that's not really an option right now :v:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Morris posted:

My last ticket (relating to a launcher issue which really only stopped me from using Project Discovery, so not a showstopper) was open for almost a month. CCP gave me 27 days of free game time for the wait though :shrug:

Thanks, I've already had some experiences with SP goalposts moving so I get what you're saying. Is not having those skills something that is likely to cripple a fleet? Not uncommon for GSF Caracal and interceptor fleets to hit > 50 dudes but I don't think those fleets typically run links either.

People lead fleets on their first day in game. Skills don't matter until you know if you need them or not.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

jm20 posted:

They just replied to a two month old petition of mine apologizing profusely for the wait and blaming it on being understaffed. They also didn't solve the issue I opened a ticket over! :ccp:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

how well do the new support fighters work? how much does a flight of the domi drones web for?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the raata sunset skin for the guardian looks so loving clean

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Ask me about my 10 red chimeras I never again intend to fly. And my supers and titan that are also red, that I can't login

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

Syndic Thrass posted:

Ask me about my 10 red chimeras I never again intend to fly. And my supers and titan that are also red, that I can't login

You're chill about all those red ships, right?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I have a question about damage application. Suppose I'm camping behind a station undock with a hurricane with 6 720mm arty in two groups of 3, one with RF EMP M, the other with RF Fusion M, total volley around 4k dmg. A manticore undocks, decides he wants to try to align to something instead of using a safe, and I lock him up while priming the two groups so they fire when I lock. I have the 3 EMP as F1, the 3 Fusion as F2, and hit F1, F2. If the bomber has any kind of buffer fitted, I have a much higher chance of popping him if the EMP applies first.

The question is: which arty group applies damage first? Is it some sort of weird composite hybrid or distinct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

frozenphil posted:

I've been farming burner missions using the pubbie guide and they are pretty neat. More effort/isk than carrier ratting, but that's not really an option right now :v:

please post the pubbie guide for me. :shobon:

Also are there acceptable fits that don't cost 100 million plus?

• Locked thread