Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

i'm the wrong 'your' in the signature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

vOv posted:

lmfao

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'm the unnamed competitor who is apparently funding a smear campaign

EDIT: man forget this garbage I'm gonna buy a 4-wheeler instead

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

i'm the torrid and salacious fringe

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Spectracide posted:

im the data angel team

vOv posted:

i'm :thejoke:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

ultramiraculous posted:

We know

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
YOSPOS › Security Fuckup Megathread - v12.1.2 - the underbelly and fringe of society

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i'm the competitor

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

don't troll your own crypto

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

No True Backer fallacy :lol:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Segmentation Fault posted:

Slack is IRC for Millennials

i used this exact phrase, word for word, when describing slack to a coworker today

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

redleader posted:

i used this exact phrase, word for word, when describing slack to a coworker today

it's irc without bullshit like netsplits. and modern nicities like typing notifications and logs

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Snapchat A Titty posted:

No True Backer fallacy :lol:

the lurkers support me in email

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The thing I like most about Slack is that you don't need a persistent connection. Yes I know bouncers exist.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

spankmeister posted:

ahaha

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

don't log your chats tia

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hackbunny posted:

don't log your chats tia

hey when my coworkers paste me server keys over slack i like to be able to search and find them again.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ultramiraculous posted:

lewd, lascivious, salacious... outrageous!

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

spankmeister posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

spankmeister posted:

lomarf

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

DirtyFalcon posted:

What do you think of defensive security

I listen to risky biz also but defensive security is the only podcast I listen to and don't feel I'm being sold something, also one of the few where the hosts don't drive me nuts or seem like complete idiots

It's also prob the most applicable if you're working a normal security job, ie: defending some company's network as they actually focus on that kind of discussion more than whatever currently hot stunt hacking

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

we use hipchat which is great because all the uploaded files go into aws which become semi-random generated links that are open to the public

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
have you heard of this podcast, it's called SECURITY NOW

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
Fun update on the Bank MITM vuln I found.

The bank updated their app some time in april , and surprise, surprise , the vulnerability is still there.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

im the touched nerve

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

super mario batali posted:

Fun update on the Bank MITM vuln I found.

The bank updated their app some time in april , and surprise, surprise , the vulnerability is still there.

Indian programmers programming for a Indian government bank. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer

ratbert90 posted:

Indian programmers programming for a Indian government bank. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Its a US bank.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

spankmeister posted:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

pr0zac posted:

I listen to risky biz also but defensive security is the only podcast I listen to and don't feel I'm being sold something, also one of the few where the hosts don't drive me nuts or seem like complete idiots

It's also prob the most applicable if you're working a normal security job, ie: defending some company's network as they actually focus on that kind of discussion more than whatever currently hot stunt hacking

defensive security is good, minus the parts where they start garbling about ~devops~ and ~agile~ being the reason for a sec fuckup. i always feel like their commentary is good, but i wouldn't take any of their advice at face value.

southern fried security podcast is also sometimes good, but it may be influenced by the fact that hearing the word "yankee" thrown around makes me :3:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oh, I was thinking about the article shared earlier about the Indian banks mobile app.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer

ratbert90 posted:

Oh, I was thinking about the article shared earlier about the Indian banks mobile app.

see:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712267&pagenumber=565&perpage=40#post457388861

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
cross posting from D&D

Good Citizen posted:

Glenn Beck just interviewed Mcafee on the air, cut to a Kapersky commercial, and then came back and said that Mcafee is still the most popular antivirus and we should not trust Kapersky because it's Russian, totally oblivious.

:five:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

akadajet posted:

it's irc without bullshit like netsplits. and modern nicities like typing notifications and logs

So it's jabber then

but with memes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Phone posted:

have you heard of this podcast, it's called SECURITY NOW

*George from Seinfeld* SECURITY NOW, SECURITY NOW

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

akadajet posted:

hey when my coworkers paste me server keys over slack i like to be able to search and find them again.

My co-workers screenshot passwords and post them in slack, making it both inconvenient and insecure!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

My co-workers screenshot passwords and post them in slack, making it both inconvenient and insecure!

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Received an email from linked.in regarding password reset - what it might be about, I thought to myself (seeing that email doesn't say anything about why they're resetting the passwords), and there you go:

http://motherboard.vice.com/en_uk/read/another-day-another-hack-117-million-linkedin-emails-and-password

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Wheany posted:

the lurkers support me in email

I just realised it's fifteen years since I heard this used unironically and it made me sad

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

ultramiraculous posted:

can someone walk be back from the feeling that this could be a really bad idea?

https://twitter.com/google/status/733006495995006978

lol at the definition of a micro app being anything less than 4mb

4mb! thats 3 floppy discs! gently caress!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol at the definition of a micro app being anything less than 4mb

4mb! thats 3 floppy discs! gently caress!!!

rule 36 bro. if you don't have company-supplied unlimited LTE on your 2016 device-year phone just :frogout:

• Locked thread