Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Narciss posted:

Why is Goonswarm the way that it is?

why are you the way you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Who the gently caress are you besides "huge stoner, loves tits. All around, good guy to charge your JO crystal with."

Seriously I don't know who you are other than that so... hi?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shut the gently caress up paco.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
weedhammer

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
hard knocks put up the first XL - congrats.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Paco Vato posted:

hard knocks put up the first XL - congrats.

Good to see they put it up in a location where they will never be at risk of losing it unless the entire alliance dies.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Good to see they put it up in a location where they will never be at risk of losing it unless the entire alliance dies.

I think their place in history will be forgotten when the first kspace XL goes up, yes.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Xolve posted:

I actually logged off last night before the caracal stomp because half our fleet was having weird client issues, and figured they wouldn't be a round two. :welp:

I wasn't really in the fleet either, just buzzing around in an interceptor. I reported your fleet docked up and then again when they undocked but the babby FC didn't get safed up in time and died.

quote:

Most of our allies share two common traits.

1. I don't know who most of them are.

2. I can't stand them.

I imagine this is what dealing with FCON/FA for years felt like for Goons.

Not really, actually? As a whole our blue list is smaller in terms of actual alliances so there's less people to know.

FA was like a kid brother always getting in fights and needing big bro to come help sort poo poo out and FCON were the weird cousins really into anime and RP, but aside from certain groups that they wouldn't blue (rip HS) they were pretty solid on the whole. This is my personal feeling at least, although I spent much of my ~space career~ in TNT due to loyalty to the corp I was in, so maybe the tone was different within GSF.

CO2 is like the third cousin twice removed that would show up sometimes when you needed to bail out little bro but was always jealous that your parents weren't drunks and you didn't have bruises so they tried to have you cut out of grandma's will and caused a blood feud

Zephyrine posted:

There are some donations yes but you can't build a future on some rich guys whimsies. You certainly can't become dependant on it. (see MOA and Gevlon)

Horde and karmafleet are almost mirror images of one another.

There's your problem right there.

As for genuine progress in the war. GSF is not making any. The main strategy at the moment is to try and wait out the MBC. To bore them until their member participation in the north drops below GSF numbers. Then to roll the north and take it back.

I don't care how the war goes. What I do care about is what direction the group I am in is going. GSF and the Imperium at the moment exists for one single purpose. To gather page viewers, stream viewers and ad clickers for TMC. That is the first priority. Internet spaceships is secondary. And because Mittens literally lives on this Alliance, his stake in it has become so serious that no means. Inside or outside the game are spared to advance it. And all that makes me sick to my stomach. Which is why I left.

When I joined Horde the conflict had started to turn. O1Y was bubbled most of the day and swordfleets often held the station grid. I expected Horde to be ousted from Fade within the month.

I used to think you were decent but you're like an ouroboros of koolaid

Landsknecht posted:

i'll get it out for a reasonable fee, pm me

Don't do this

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FCON and CO2 were crap regardless of my hole violence beef and if nothing else PL did me a personal favor by making it ok for me to shoot them.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I kind of hope he forgets to bookmark the wormhole and loses it forever.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

vyst posted:

It's because women make 0.79 isk for every 1 isk men make obviously

hosed up if true.
Are there virtual signs I can attach to my spaceship to denounce this blatant sexism? I'd honk, but sound doesn't travel in space.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Nazareth posted:

I kind of hope he forgets to bookmark the wormhole and loses it forever.

I'd love to see the Wingspan invoice on that kill.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

LuiCypher posted:

And if you read a single post by Dalael,

Between you and I, you're the one making stupid retarded, "The grass is greener in horde, you're all ship spinning and having no fun" along with the "No one were told to evacc :qq:" posts.

But its okay, I still like you despite the fact that you jumped ship and are now acting like you are levitating above the rest of us.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

There are some donations yes but you can't build a future on some rich guys whimsies. You certainly can't become dependant on it. (see MOA and Gevlon)

Horde and karmafleet are almost mirror images of one another.

As for genuine progress in the war. GSF is not making any. The main strategy at the moment is to try and wait out the MBC. To bore them until their member participation in the north drops below GSF numbers. Then to roll the north and take it back.

I don't care how the war goes. What I do care about is what direction the group I am in is going. GSF and the Imperium at the moment exists for one single purpose. To gather page viewers, stream viewers and ad clickers for TMC. That is the first priority. Internet spaceships is secondary. And because Mittens literally lives on this Alliance, his stake in it has become so serious that no means. Inside or outside the game are spared to advance it. And all that makes me sick to my stomach. Which is why I left.

When I joined Horde the conflict had started to turn. O1Y was bubbled most of the day and swordfleets often held the station grid. I expected Horde to be ousted from Fade within the month.

Let me confirm that Mittens is now a literal oligarch thanks to his multi-hundred dollars empire. He's this generation's Rupert Murdoch.
What more proof does anyone need? He was on a yacht once.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Mittens must make his walk of atonement back to the red keep in order for this bloodshed to end so that goons may be free once more.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Xolve posted:

Soon™

Take this attitude and multiply it by 6 years. Welcome to my hell.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Syndic Thrass posted:

Take this attitude and multiply it by 6 years. Welcome to my hell.

This is a nightmare I don't want, thanks for the offer however.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

I need more friends to play board games with. I want to spoil myself on some of these fancy ones with magic and stats and what not.

You just made a post where you admit you need more friends to play board games. Aren't most board games 4 to 6 players? You don't even have 3 to 5 friends?

:sympathy:

frozenpussy posted:

I think people are most susceptible to narratives when they don't attend meetups with EVE players. EVE nerds in a crowd blend together and after holding conversations with random individuals in that crowd you realize people you call enemies and allies are very similar. Only after people experience the Christmas Truce that is an EVE meet do they have the perspective to understand propaganda and narrative are make believe or spin.

I think its kind of sad and telling that some people actually need to attend meetups to understand this point.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 19, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm the best eve online player itt, AMA

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm going to post the corresponding reddit thread as well for those of you who prefer that format :)

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

i'm the best eve online player itt, AMA

When did you stop logging in?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

You just made a post where you admit you need more friends to play board games. Aren't most board games 4 to 6 players? You don't even have 3 to 5 friends?

I don't have that many friends that live less than an hour from me by car. It's not uncommon at a certain point. However I always have willing board game players if I need them. I just think that you're insinuating "you don't have any RL friends" and that's sort of pants c'mon.

Dalael posted:

I think its kind of sad and telling that some people actually need to attend meetups to understand this point.

I don't think I could do an all-eve type thing unless it was vegas and I had a place to retreat from the masses to. I will at some point do (and likely host) a goonp but chances are I'll get drunk and someone will tell me to shut the gently caress up thinking they were being funny and I'm honestly not 100% sure what would happen next. Probably depends on who said it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Paco Vato posted:

I don't have that many friends that live less than an hour from me by car. It's not uncommon at a certain point. However I always have willing board game players if I need them. I just think that you're insinuating "you don't have any RL friends" and that's sort of pants c'mon.

I'm sorry, I haven't updated my list of "acceptable insults and jokes to use on a forum". Would you mind sending me a copy of yours?
I'm just yanking her chain just like she likes to yank mine. Truth be told I actually like Zepheryne. I don't quite understand why myself :shrug:

Paco Vato posted:

I don't think I could do an all-eve type thing unless it was vegas and I had a place to retreat from the masses to. I will at some point do (and likely host) a goonp but chances are I'll get drunk and someone will tell me to shut the gently caress up thinking they were being funny and I'm honestly not 100% sure what would happen next. Probably depends on who said it.

My impression of you is that you don't seem to be the kind of guy who would be stupid enough to get in a drunken fight over something this silly. But then again, I don't know you so. :shrug:

I used to show up a internet meets back in the days then I realized that I just don't like people enough to bother anymore. I also don't drink at all, which makes meetups rather boring when everyone around you are drunk as gently caress, slurring their speech and in a completely different mindset than you are. Not liking alcohol kinda sucks.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Nietzschean posted:

It was great, and we need more of it. :unsmith:

I just want to say that I'm also a Nietzschean and it's a pleasure to know that there are others out there fighting the good fight against nihilism.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

My impression of you is that you don't seem to be the kind of guy who would be stupid enough to get in a drunken fight over something this silly. But then again, I don't know you so. :shrug:

That's funny because my impression of you is that you are dumb enough to take every joke I make seriously. You're easier to bait than a fish hook. I am actually pretty chill, affable, all that good stuff. I put some extra points in CHA when I rolled my RL character and it has served me well. I am still not quite sure which attributes you favor.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

somnolence posted:

When did you stop logging in?

i logged in two hours ago, so two hours ago?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Paco Vato posted:

That's funny because my impression of you is that you are dumb enough to take every joke I make seriously. You're easier to bait than a fish hook. I am actually pretty chill, affable, all that good stuff. I put some extra points in CHA when I rolled my RL character and it has served me well. I am still not quite sure which attributes you favor.

I am indeed a gullible idiot. Something I think I've acknowledged before. Maybe not in this thread, but I acknowledged it.
As for your implied question, I don't favor any attribute because I don't pretend to be "in character" like you do. :rolldice:

I'm very much myself.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Paco Vato posted:

You're pretty loving dumb, so getting uppity because people just apply Poe's Law to your word vomit is pretty silly.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 19, 2016

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

I am indeed a gullible idiot. Something I think I've acknowledged before. Maybe not in this thread, but I acknowledged it.
As for your implied question, I don't favor any attribute because I don't pretend to be "in character" like you do. :rolldice:

I'm very much myself.

Eh.. I'm not a violent person and I got a lot of that out of my system a while ago. I don't drink very much either -- more the :420: and :birddrugs: type honestly. I am not "very much myself" at all in this context. If I showed up at a goonp without a nametag no one would know who the hell I was. The number of goons who know what I look like is countable on one hand and I'm absolutely nothing like the way I am here -- even if I have recently (mostly) shelved the worst of the gimmick in favor of bigger and better things.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Hard Knocks just anchored the first XL citadel in Eve (surprise, surprise).

Is it even possible to evict that system now?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

^^^^ nope

Dalael and Paco retard slap fight. yaaaa

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

Not a loving chance, you'd have to move in heavy as gently caress to overwhelm whatever they had in space, (Hard Knocks has probably the highest concentration of capitals in wormhole space, virtually every member has multiple capitals), and camp them for MONTHS while the citadel ran out of fuel. If they managed to get even a couple DSTs full of fuel into the system during this, they'd be able to keep pushing the date the citadel runs out of juice out basically forever.

E: XLs have no fuel requirements for meaningful self-defense poo poo, they're essentially beefed-up outposts, that thing is basically unkillable ever.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 19, 2016

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
But I like Dalael kinda? How is this even remotely close to a slapfight in any way? Are you that starved for drama?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

Hard Knocks just anchored the first XL citadel in Eve (surprise, surprise).

Way to be slower to the news than Paco there Mara.

I'd be shocked if HK even comes close to ever getting evicted. They're pretty much the strongest high class wormhole group and they're also allied with Lazerhawks. Overload This is moving on up in the wormhole world in terms of power, but who else is there to contest Lazerknocks now?

edit: God drat it Tokyo Sexwhale :argh:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
just 2 or 3 months ago GSF was a serious alliance; now you're camped into a lowsec station and you sometimes do ok on a fleet op

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Sounds like BoB in PR-

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

jm20 posted:

Sounds like BoB in PR-

no you see this is completely different because ~

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Not a loving chance, you'd have to move in heavy as gently caress to overwhelm whatever they had in space, (Hard Knocks has probably the highest concentration of capitals in wormhole space, virtually every member has multiple capitals), and camp them for MONTHS while the citadel ran out of fuel. If they managed to get even a couple DSTs full of fuel into the system during this, they'd be able to keep pushing the date the citadel runs out of juice out basically forever.

Why would you want to do that? Only the market, cloning(no med cloning in wspace though), and refining use fuel iirc. Being out of fuel won't shut down anything else.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Paco Vato posted:

Eh.. I'm not a violent person and I got a lot of that out of my system a while ago. I don't drink very much either -- more the :420: and :birddrugs: type honestly. I am not "very much myself" at all in this context. If I showed up at a goonp without a nametag no one would know who the hell I was. The number of goons who know what I look like is countable on one hand and I'm absolutely nothing like the way I am here -- even if I have recently (mostly) shelved the worst of the gimmick in favor of bigger and better things.

This isn't even my final form

Who you decide to be is still subject to interpretation so the easiest thing is just let them think what they want and spare everyone this very basic argument that you just don't understand me mom

Everyone puts up some kind of persona and we might as well be chat bots so get over yourself. gently caress I expect more out of your regdate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
sorry I let you down dad.

• Locked thread