Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Still hoping for Bruce Campbell as Mysterio one of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Blade, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider are getting a Netflix show. And Marvel is open to rebooting Blade as a movie.

http://moviecreedlive.com/entertainment/2668979-blade-ghost-rider-moon-knight-netflix/#.VzrOaze0tx0.twitter

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Ah yes, MovieCreedLive, a household name for reliable information.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I have a very particular set of skills. If you post another frickin' false rumor about Netflix's Moon Knight show I will find you. And I will force you to read the entire run of the 90s reboot of Moon Knight.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I have a very particular set of skills. If you post another frickin' false rumor about Netflix's Moon Knight show I will find you. And I will force you to read the entire run of the 90s reboot of Moon Knight.

Good god man! Have some mercy!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Blade, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider are getting a Netflix show. And Marvel is open to rebooting Blade as a movie.

http://moviecreedlive.com/entertainment/2668979-blade-ghost-rider-moon-knight-netflix/#.VzrOaze0tx0.twitter

be still my enlarged heart

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Ever more Valerian:

Luc Besson posted:

DAY75
Back to work!!!! 😊

Luc Besson posted:

DAY 76
Kris Wu on his way to save the day!!!!💥

Luc Besson posted:

DAY 77
Little chat....

Luc Besson posted:

DAY 78
Last talk before action....

Luc Besson posted:

DAY 79
Kris Wu VS Thalia Besson

Luc Besson posted:

DAY 80
Do not make a mistake:
this guy is not a warrior he is ....a politician!!!😳

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Alehkhs posted:

Ever more Valerian:

This movie is going to be the goddamn craziest thing and god dammit I can't wait

So I guess Skrillex and Rick Ross will have a track playing over the end credits of Suicide Squad: https://youtu.be/4QnS9UkX7fU?t=9s

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Cameo posted:

So I guess Skrillex and Rick Ross will have a track playing over the end credits of Suicide Squad: https://youtu.be/4QnS9UkX7fU?t=9s

Aaaaahahahahaha

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Cameo posted:

This movie is going to be the goddamn craziest thing and god dammit I can't wait

Hot Topic, the movie.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hot Topic, the movie.

Hell yeah

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THank you for appreciating MGS2, all.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Aunt May more like Aunt Definitely Would am I right? :smug:

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

net cafe scandal posted:

THank you for appreciating MGS2, all.

It deserves it, it was a great game

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Jonny_Rocket posted:

It deserves it, it was a great game

I think I'm going to replay it. Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-2YuPGYabw

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hot Topic, the movie.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Aaaaahahahahaha
:rolleye:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Agreed. Tom Savini directed that, right? Would've been interesting to see him direct more stuff.
Yeah its pretty interesting that he was able to make a NOTLD remake after missing the original because he was drafted into Vietnam as a combat photographer which probably helped him in some ways with his SFX career, he always has a booth for Pittsburgh comic con. I always heard conflicting things about him whether he's a jerk or not to fans.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/geoff-johns-dc-films.html

Welp

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

I'm okay with this all in all.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Seems more like a PR push since Justice League 1 is probably going to end with Superman's resurrection and that's about as hopeful as you can get.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

In far better news: the latest Marvel rumor is John Boyega in talks for a role in Black Panther

Black Panther is looking better and better every day :allears:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MGS2 was ahead of its time. Kojima predicted Kim Kardashian.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
There's been a Kim Kardashian for every generation.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Scyantific posted:

In far better news: the latest Marvel rumor is John Boyega in talks for a role in Black Panther

Black Panther is looking better and better every day :allears:

I bet an offer has gone out to like, a quarter of the notable black actors in Hollywood (that aren't already in MCU movies). That cast is gonna be stacked.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Expect these movies to have WAY more severed arms. Like George Lucas amounts.

Also, people are calling the abrupt tonal shifts in the original Dawn of the Dead flaws? What makes it the best horror movie ever is that it throws conventions out the window and is just a sprawling epic filled with action and drama and occasional slapstick. The remake's good, but c'mon folks.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Lord posted:

Expect these movies to have WAY more severed arms. Like George Lucas amounts.

Also, people are calling the abrupt tonal shifts in the original Dawn of the Dead flaws? What makes it the best horror movie ever is that it throws conventions out the window and is just a sprawling epic filled with action and drama and occasional slapstick. The remake's good, but c'mon folks.

No, I don't believe I ever said it was a flaw, at least not inherently.

It's just that not a lot of people can gel with tonal whiplash that severe and intentional. It also opens the film up to being remade in a very different way while still being good, which was my original point.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hope no one was still holding out for a non- Jordan Green Lantern.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hNH4nv-coU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm torn between being psyched that Boyega and Jordan are working with Coogler on Black Panther and wanting these guys to be more prominent heroes themselves.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

DC’s nascent cinematic universe has so far depicted Superman as an angry god; a violent, alien entity that needs to be kept in check.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

dublish posted:

DC’s nascent cinematic universe has so far depicted Superman as an angry god; a violent, alien entity that needs to be kept in check.

ahaha holy poo poo

Edit: What movie did they see, and can I get tickets for it?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Luminous Obscurity posted:

ahaha holy poo poo

Edit: What movie did they see, and can I get tickets for it?

They must've accidentally seen the ending of JLU.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

The Green Lantern movie was rumored to star John Stewart and Kyle Rayner with Hal.

NOT ANYMORE

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Aww gently caress. Hopefully he won't have anything to do with Aquaman.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

dublish posted:

Good to see the author of the article thinks BvS is grim because they think you're supposed to agree with Lex and Batman. Nice work.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

You know what would be cool (but will never happen)? If one of the Ultron survived and managed to de-crazy itself and become what it really wanted to be instead of what it'S broken brain made it.

This could even be the origin story of Jocasta or another of the robots created by Ultron

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Geoff Johns has written a ton of great comics, including some very good Green Lantern stories. When I heard he was attached to the Green Lantern movie I was very glad because in my opinion they couldn't have picked a better guy. So what the gently caress happened?

Also, running zombies was the coolest thing to come out of the zombie genre since... well, ever, really. Was Snyder really the first to do fast zombies? Either way the Dawn of the Dead remake is my favorite zombie movie and has been since I first saw it. Day of the Dead remake was absolute garbage. gently caress you, Nick Cannon. You loving suck.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 19, 2016

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Geoff Johns has written a ton of great comics, including some very good Green Lantern stories. When I heard he was attached to the Green Lantern movie I was very glad because in my opinion they couldn't have picked a better guy. So what the gently caress happened?

Also, running zombies was the coolest thing to come out of the zombie genre since... well, ever, really. Was Snyder really the first to do fast zombies? Either way the Dawn of the Dead remake is my favorite zombie movie and has been since I first saw it. Day of the Dead remake was absolute garbage. gently caress you, Nick Cannon. You loving suck.

28 Days Later was 2002, Dawn of the Dead was 2004.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Apparently the first Resident Evil movie also has them? According to this article anyway:

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2004/03/dead_run.html

quote:

Rapidly improving CGI technology has had a similar effect on high-budget zombie fare. For instance, the devilishly spry undead dogs who attack the jugular with quick bursts make Resident Evil look more like the video game it's based on than an old-school zombie flick. The effect of corpse-heavy video games is all over the nascent fast-zombie genre. In first-person shooter games, the undead's usual pack mentality is necessarily replaced by zombie exceptionalism: Each creature that jumps out from around the corner has to be an individual—fast, strong, and threatening. Even more so than Resident Evil, the movie version of House of the Dead follows this model, as filmed sequences of running, jumping, and swimming zombies are actually intercut with parallel scenes from the corpse shoot-'em-up video game.

It will be ironic if Snyder's Dawn remake represents the tipping point that makes fast zombies the mainstream. George Romero's Dawn of the Dead, more than any other creature feature, hammered home the slow zombie's metaphorical possibilities. In the first Dawn, scores of shopping-mall-bound corpses ride escalators in an endless loop and wobble listlessly to Muzak. This new Dawn, though one of the best scare movies of the last few years, is far more concerned with zombie style than zombie substance: While Snyder's zombies may be mindless, they're less a consumerist mob than a bunch of high-strung car chasers. Maybe, as blogger Tim Hulsey argues, the obsolescence of the slow zombie signals the decline of "mobocratic" culture in favor of a modern taste for individualism. Or maybe his background as a commercial and music video director makes Snyder constitutionally incapable of creating slow monsters. Either way, the plague of the fast zombies is upon us. Beware

• Locked thread