Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

namtab whats your favorite kirby

heck, whats everyones favorite kirby

The pink one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i tried drinking water since there was no milk and now my stomachs upset

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

The Colonel posted:

The black and white one

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

The pink one
normie alert, we have a normie alert on page whatever page this is

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The Colonel posted:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

dreamland 3 and super star, by far.

Got 100% in squeak squad too. very solid game while using classic kirby gameplay

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Wait

Kirby tilt and tumble

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTeDdN-I7k0

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
never actually got the true end as a kid, in crystal shards. I couldn't stop using the fireworks or darth maul combos for long enough to do the puzzles. sorry.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

The one that does all the Suplexes.

My favorite helper is the Plasma dude who charges up by moving.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

normie alert, we have a normie alert on page whatever page this is

What are the other choices I've never seen a kirby before

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait are we talking about Kirby games or Kirby forms.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cause I only played the one on SNES that was a bunch of games, and the DS port of that.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The one that does all the Suplexes.

My favorite helper is the Plasma dude who charges up by moving.

yes, and he's a good helper because then you can use plasma without having to equip the most boring super star ability

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

green, yellow, blue, red, meta knight

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wait are we talking about Kirby games or Kirby forms.

games

Cause I only played the one on SNES that was a bunch of games, and the DS port of that.

you played arguably the best one, at least

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Space Flower posted:

yes, and he's a good helper because then you can use plasma without having to equip the most boring super star ability

Plasma helper rocks because the dude loving floats. That's awesome.

Also all you have to do is hold shield and then rapidly tap the left and right directions to charge up and then you can shoot a powerful blast.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i really like super star and return to dream land is definitely my favorite just to play in general for its really beautiful visuals and super tight gameplay, but i think kirby 64 wins out as my favorite because it's just so loving weird and cool and has the best worlds and the greatest cutscenes on top of just being a pretty solid kirby game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah that's good, but what's your favorite Weird Kirby. mine is dream course, but canvas curse is a close second

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
So reading through Molester Man I caught some references that seemed old and a tiny bit of research (googling Gundam Seed Destiny) seems to put the story around '05, and then I also checked and the manga was released in late 2012? And it is coming up in chat thread now, in 2016? What's the deal...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

that's not even an opinion, that's a fact. only thing doom 2 has going for it is the super shotgun

It's baffling I still haven't found a pwad that just adds the SSG to Doom 1.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyway it's a cool story for being about an idiot 2channer.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Red Minjo posted:

So reading through Molester Man I caught some references that seemed old and a tiny bit of research (googling Gundam Seed Destiny) seems to put the story around '05, and then I also checked and the manga was released in late 2012? And it is coming up in chat thread now, in 2016? What's the deal...

The original post on 2chan was in 2004. The author (not the original poster) made the manga as a passion project (there's no official release and was never monetized) a couple years later. And I just sorta thought about it a few days ago and posted a panel, then it sorta just ended up being recommended cus it's a good manga

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Colonel posted:

i really like super star and return to dream land is definitely my favorite just to play in general for its really beautiful visuals and super tight gameplay, but i think kirby 64 wins out as my favorite because it's just so loving weird and cool and has the best worlds and the greatest cutscenes on top of just being a pretty solid kirby game

I want you to know that Return to Dreamland also features kissing, which means you can kiss Meta Knight or Dedede or Waddle Dee

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
So does that make it the best???

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's baffling I still haven't found a pwad that just adds the SSG to Doom 1.
that definitely exists. you can just load doom 2 as a pwad in modern sourceports and cheat yourself one, but there's definitely mods that add it to the levels as well

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Red Minjo posted:

people just like to rec the kurosawa/molester man/sujipin guy, because he's good.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Space Flower posted:

people just like to rec the kurosawa/molester man/sujipin guy, because he's good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought the forums were down but apparently the app is just being poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

that definitely exists. you can just load doom 2 as a pwad in modern sourceports and cheat yourself one, but there's definitely mods that add it to the levels as well

There's some pushback from some corners of the Doom modding community because Doom 1's code doesn't allow having multiple weapons on the same key IIRC, so doing it breaks vanilla Doom compatibility (that attitude is really dumb because outside of archival purposes, gently caress playing with the original doom.exe).

I'm going to ask the early FPS thread, though, there's probably someone who can make one if there isn't one already.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

chumbler posted:

I watched the first episode of Hundred to see what the guy being weird about it in the season thread was on about, and unsurprisingly it is literally just Infinite Stratos, except clearly mathematically inferior. Fairly decent drill hair game, though.

Yeah idgi

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

wrt Ghostbusters chat, for every Dredd or Fury Road we get dozens of Total Recalls or Robocops

I hope it's in the former category and if so people will keep talking about it, but I suspect it will be in the latter category and nobody will ever talk about it again a few months after release

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't like how the general discourse for big blockbusters has shifted from the movie having to make its case for you to see it, to you having to make the case to not see the movie

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Srice posted:

I don't like how the general discourse for big blockbusters has shifted from the movie having to make its case for you to see it, to you having to make the case to not see the movie

Consume the products... or else!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Consume the products... or else!

Hmmmm...this movie looks like it sucks. But if I don't see it I can't be part of The Conversation!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I met up with a friend from school recently and he got properly offended that I didn't watch the new Captain America yet. Consumerism kicks rear end.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Srice posted:

Many people have allowed the media they consume to become so intertwined with their politics and their identity, that if someone does not support or approve of the media they enjoy, it will be seen as a slap to the face. Furthermore, there is a media structure growing around this mindset that encourages people to think this way.

This is a problem with our society that deserves some serious attention, but that's probably not going to happen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I kind of want to see the new Ghostbusters just to spite the people who are mad because it stars women, but I probably won't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Congrats on nearly being part of the problem, I guess.

If you truly want to support feminism in the movies buy some Chantal Akerman Blu-rays instead.

• Locked thread