Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
i regularly register in 5k walks and run at my fastest and poo poo talk all the idiots donating to cancer or whatever. gently caress everyone smurfing owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

exethan posted:

gently caress everyone smurfing owns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exethan posted:

i regularly register in 5k walks and run at my fastest and poo poo talk all the idiots donating to cancer or whatever. gently caress everyone smurfing owns

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
http://i.imgur.com/Sk3MAub.gifv

ps i tried this blind against vlad and went like 11-0 in lane against him it's piss easy

we still lost to a 400cs Syndra but that is neither here nor there

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
I think this is the superior replay from that game. Encapsulates the whole thing.

http://plays.tv/video/573d44e2f0b82ba0e4/too-many-ikkus

get to da choppah was still pretty good though.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
really? free movespeed was the best they could come up with for Cass? and lol no boots because snek?

that was underwhelming

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Something I noticed about the wording of the Tier 2 Rune Perm 1 IP thing is that they said they couldn't make them free because of how the storefront is coded, which makes me wonder if with the new client Tier 2 runes will become a part of every new account and you simply upgrade them to a Tier 3 rune for a (hopefully) much, much cheaper IP price

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

LEGO Genetics posted:

really? free movespeed was the best they could come up with for Cass? and lol no boots because snek?

that was underwhelming

As passives go getting 72 flat MS at level 18 and getting to build 6 items is a solidly above average one.

But then again I kind of have a thing for champions that are just gigantic balls of stats.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/573d8de7de3f76f822/tricksy-traps?from=user
http://plays.tv/video/573d8e1474164b2c90/tricksy-flash?from=user

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm thinking of playing zilean support instead of sona support. Pros and cons?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
gently caress zilean

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Any tips on how to get out of a slump? For a while now I've been having awful games on champs I'm normally confident on.

I thought at first it might be the ap item changes, since they really weren't clicking with me, but I've had a couple bad games on adcs now so I'm definitely sure something is up with my gameplay.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Verviticus posted:

gently caress zilean

i'm never gonna play against you anyway!!!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Tyty posted:

Any tips on how to get out of a slump? For a while now I've been having awful games on champs I'm normally confident on.

I thought at first it might be the ap item changes, since they really weren't clicking with me, but I've had a couple bad games on adcs now so I'm definitely sure something is up with my gameplay.

slumps are just variance. keep playing and it will right itself

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

sometimes slumps drag on for a while because you're not playing well so eventually you just have to take a break. in my heart im a grind lord but im also aware whenever i dont play for a few days i always play really well and win most of my games before slowly falling off the wagon again.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

ya really only you know how you deal with things emotionally, but assuming you're a robot, a slump is just a retroactive term for losing some games in a row and even if you have a 60% win chance you're gonna do that

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Rather than letting your mechanics decay, I just recommend playing a lot of ARAM, you might end up finding champions you love playing, especially considering how many are getting reworks now. Leveling a smurf can be a little relaxing too but that depends on how quickly you're dropped into smurf island (My last smurf ended up against Platinum players around level 22)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

instead of playing aram, set yourself on fire. less painful and more informative

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tyty posted:

Go play some persona, maybe watch an anime (like the persona ones) or read a comic or two [I suggest the ones based off of persona].

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

Go play some persona, maybe watch an anime (like the persona ones) or read a comic or two [I suggest the ones based off of persona].

:yeah:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
murder all anime likers

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Tired Moritz posted:

Both of them are decent, but neither of them are "I want to play this in 100% of games" type support picks.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Zil support feels weak early, as your harass is pretty gated by mana costs, but picks up into a nonstop stunbot/ult machine that has a ton of impact. I'd play it into lanes that aren't likely to murder you or have very obvious engage patterns - it's my go-to into Sorakas.

I'm not sure what to build on him post Mage rework, however, and he desperately needs some mana source aside from FQC.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Who do you guys think is the best champ to play against bots?

For reference, I mean as an extremely mediocre ranked player, if I want to crack out a sub-15 minute first win of the day, who is the best? You need to be able to push and take towers, as well as murder bots to get gold.

I'm thinking Yasuo, but I'm open to ideas.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Libertine posted:

Both of them are decent, but neither of them are "I want to play this in 100% of games" type support picks.

Janna is so hard to play though...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like Taric and Morgana right now for supports. Taric is the king against lots of AD, but even without that he still is great at dealing with anyone. With new athenes, Morgana is dumb strong. She can easily fill it up, and using black shield that also gives a serious heal is absolutely amazing.

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014
Speaking of supports can we all take a second and appreciate the fact that the meta is finally shifting from tanks to utility/mage supports again? I am a horrible tank and as a ~support main~ I felt pretty useless for the last couple of months.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Network42 posted:

For reference, I mean as an extremely mediocre ranked player, if I want to crack out a sub-15 minute first win of the day, who is the best? You need to be able to push and take towers, as well as murder bots to get gold.

For the quickest win of the day possible, probably jinx

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
rammus's new lore is very good

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/shurima/rammus

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Zilean support is incredibly strong if you're comfortable landing skillshots.

His current pros and cons (IMO):

PROS:
An absurdly strong low-cooldown teamfight-winning Q-W-Q combo.
Slamming two Qs onto the same spot in the jungle is incredible zone control even if they don't hit because the enemy can't just walk through it.
Incredibly strong mobility and enemy-hindering. You can roam almost as easily as Bard can.
Your ADC dies on the last tic? Not anymore they don't! Plus his ult is up pretty much every teamfight.
Able to force a power spike over the enemy with your passive, if a telegraphed one.

CONS:
In lane it's pretty easy to end up pushing the lane if you harass with your Q poorly. Even if you're good with it his laning phase is a lot more stressful than Sona and you'll probably end up stealing CS from your ADC by accident/when you miss a bomb and an enemy walks in to force the CS to you instead of the ADC..
Currently is pretty mana hungry and doesn't have as good a build path as he used to.
If you can't reliably hit both skillshots you're going to be far less effective.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 19, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

"At least one tribesman claims Rammus was simply sleeprolling and had no intention of taking down a temple."

:lol:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Network42 posted:

The answer is Tryndamere

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kashuno posted:

"At least one tribesman claims Rammus was simply sleeprolling and had no intention of taking down a temple."

:lol:

yeah that was the first legitimately decently written bit of lore in league of legends's history

just rammus eating some dude's figurine and rolling off

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

ok

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Riot need to release the lore in bite sized pieces, not drop a novel every few months.

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014

Network42 posted:

Im going to go with Kayle or Trist. Kayle has excellent wave clear, sustain and AoE damage. Trist is just shredding towers with her E and Q. Ziggs might be an idea as well because his new W is ridiculous.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Libertine posted:

I want to play Sona support in 100% of games AMA

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i would ask you why you hate winning but statistically sona is quite good at that, i just get all the bad ones in my games i guess

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Not to be all :tinfoil:, but I think everyone has champions that are cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Radical posted:

i would ask you why you hate winning but statistically sona is quite good at that, i just get all the bad ones in my games i guess

The answer is that I hate myself and I hate my teammates.

Edit: Honestly, support seems to be a statistically fairly balanced role right now. Champion.gg says Sona's sitting at like 15th in the win rate right now, but that still puts her at a WR of like 50.5%, and you don't get more than two percent away from that until you go all the way up to #2 on the list. Up to 6.9 I'm pretty sure her win rate was sitting solidly in the top 5 or so for a few patches. She basically never gets attention in the patch notes, so any fluctuation in her WR is pretty much a response to other champions getting adjusted, items getting adjusted, or shifts in the meta.

Coca Koala fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 19, 2016

• Locked thread