Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

Dylanthulhu posted:

I do in-home care for people with developmental disabilities. My day consist of watching this dude swing, cooking his meals, and stopping him from murdering everyone around him because he can't have a soda. Or because someone talked about Santa. Or figure skating. Or spandex in general. Or dogs. Or really any holiday, holiday figure, any activity where the participants wear tight clothing, his family, the police, hospitals, funeral homes, black people, bun hair styles, inflatable objects, white t-shirts, walking up hills, heavy metal music, Slenderman, the dark, bathrooms, food without ranch dressing ... All of these things throw this man into a violent fury. Upon discovering that I used to wear my hair in a bun he ripped a Cthulhu For President shirt completely off of my body in one yank.

Show him goatse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Dylanthulhu posted:

How about a picture of the type of nonsense I get paid to do? Took my client to the park today and while we were there I hopped a fence to pose with the ancient mining equipment.

I don't have any pics from my job (other than cubicle selfies), nor do I have pics of me in mining equipment. I do, however, have this:

Which I turned into this almost as soon as I got it transferred from the camera onto the computer:

Also, your job sounds stressful. You're pretty awesome for doing it. I know I couldn't.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Dylanthulhu posted:

I do in-home care for people with developmental disabilities. My day consist of watching this dude swing, cooking his meals, and stopping him from murdering everyone around him because he can't have a soda. Or because someone talked about Santa. Or figure skating. Or spandex in general. Or dogs. Or really any holiday, holiday figure, any activity where the participants wear tight clothing, his family, the police, hospitals, funeral homes, black people, bun hair styles, inflatable objects, white t-shirts, walking up hills, heavy metal music, Slenderman, the dark, bathrooms, food without ranch dressing ... All of these things throw this man into a violent fury. Upon discovering that I used to wear my hair in a bun he ripped a Cthulhu For President shirt completely off of my body in one yank.

Edit: Despite that list I really do love this guy like a little brother. None of those problems are his fault, he didn't ask for them. He doesn't get to do much because he's dangerous, so I have fun taking him to the park to swing and whatnot.

Good on you for doing that job. Is that why you took the piercings out?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

schnickety scribe posted:

Also, your job sounds stressful. You're pretty awesome for doing it. I know I couldn't.

Thanks! It really got a lot easier when I realized I could just treat him like a buddy who had too much to drink and is kind of pissy. He really is a blast when he's in a good mood. We had this little conversation at a dance the company I work for had for the clients. He got to go for about 45 minutes before dude got too over-socialized for his comfort.

:haw:: Dylan?
:cthulhu:: Yeah, buddy?
:haw:: Do you, uhh... see da girl in da green stretchy pants?
:cthulhu:: I sure do, dude. (I was also admiring the green stretchy pants. Apparently his phobia of tight clothing doesn't extend to cute girls in yoga pants.)
:haw:: Ilidat. (He expresses enjoyment by hissing "I like that." as one word and it's the funniest thing ever. All of his staff ends up doing it.)

And now I need a tank. I already own a Soviet flag, so many opportunities. :allears:

10 Beers posted:

Good on you for doing that job. Is that why you took the piercings out?

Yes it is! Then I got to the office and saw the garden of neck tattoos, including the one my interviewer had.

With so many goons with birds I have to know: Have any of you tried playing Hatebeak around them? I've tried playing Caninus around dogs and it didn't go well.

Edit again: I really love my job. I have a degree in English/Secondary Education. I finished the degree because I was a semester from completing it when I realized I really don't want to teach. I wanted to be in a classroom because I was a transplant to the bumpkin town I grew up in and my teachers made me feel less lonely. I wanted to make someone feel better about being who they are and I get to do that now. It didn't really hit me until I looked at my Philosophy of Education essay from college and realized I used this Vonnegut quote in it.

Vonnegut posted:

What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.

UwUnabomber has a new favorite as of 13:20 on May 19, 2016

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

cash crab posted:

I suspect you're actually a pretty chill and reasonable person to be honest, more chill than someone who makes snarky comments for no reason for example

Actually I also suspect this, and I also think she is pretty and my comment about her picture is what is known, to some users here, as a light hearted joke.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Minimalist Program posted:

Actually I also suspect this, and I also think she is pretty and my comment about her picture is what is known, to some users here, as a light hearted joke.

I am going to compliment you so hard when you post your picture in this thread I am sure it will be very soon.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:smith: Sorry.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

titties posted:

I am going to compliment you so hard when you post your picture in this thread I am sure it will be very soon.

Once my crying @ the airport MEGATHREAD stops being such a massive reader draw in GBS and I get some spare time back from maintaining it/producing content for it, I will definitely post my picture and I look forward to your feedback.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Once my crying @ the airport MEGATHREAD stops being such a massive reader draw in GBS and I get some spare time back from maintaining it/producing content for it, I will definitely post my picture and I look forward to your feedback.

i have been lurking this thread for years waiting to see your picture...

:ohdear:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dylanthulhu posted:

Edit: Despite that list I really do love this guy like a little brother. None of those problems are his fault, he didn't ask for them. He doesn't get to do much because he's dangerous, so I have fun taking him to the park to swing and whatnot.

i agree with him wrt man buns

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Dylanthulhu posted:

And now I need a tank. I already own a Soviet flag, so many opportunities. :allears:
I've got a Serbian Zastova m92 PAP (well, it's not mine, but it and the person who owns it live in the same apartment as me). It's classified as a pistol in the U.S., which I find both hilarious and disturbing. Can you guess why I feel this way?

I mean, just look at it.

(holy crap, I've lost so much weight since that pic was taken).

I, too, would like a tank one day, though. Preferably a Sherman Crocodile. Because Civil War joke.

Dylanthulhu posted:

Have any of you tried playing Hatebeak around them?
No, but Simon did used to really like metal. He'd happily bounce to the Metalocalypse opening. I'll have to see what he thinks of it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

No, but Simon did used to really like metal. He'd happily bounce to the Metalocalypse opening.

That sounds like the best thing. :allears:

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I've got a Serbian Zastova m92 PAP (well, it's not mine, but it and the person who owns it live in the same apartment as me). It's classified as a pistol in the U.S., which I find both hilarious and disturbing. Can you guess why I feel this way?

I mean, just look at it.

(holy crap, I've lost so much weight since that pic was taken).

I, too, would like a tank one day, though. Preferably a Sherman Crocodile. Because Civil War joke.

No, but Simon did used to really like metal. He'd happily bounce to the Metalocalypse opening. I'll have to see what he thinks of it.

Just lol if you think you need to lose weight in this pic

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You are breaking the law using the forward part as a grip btw. You just turned it into a short barrel rifle with no tax stamp.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

You are breaking the law using the forward part as a grip btw. You just turned it into a short barrel rifle with no tax stamp.

Dude. She's got on Oakleys. She's one of the "good ones"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

VendaGoat posted:

Dunno she looks pretty bad to the bone to me.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I nearly stole a tank once, but i pussed out :(

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Angled fore grips do not make it an SBR, only a vertical fore grip does that. She is legal and :c00lbert:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

As has already been pointed out, if it was legally a rifle, it would be a class III firearm (short barreled rifle) and require the same licensing as a fully automatic weapon. I believe they get away with it by the fact that is has no shoulder-stock at all. A shoulder-stock or the mentioned vertical fore-grip would make it class III.

Also agree that nobody in that photograph has any need to lose weight (unlike myself).

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Teagan has a new favorite as of 01:31 on Mar 18, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You look great, and also, I am mega-jealous of that necklace.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Teagan has a new favorite as of 01:31 on Mar 18, 2019

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Apprentice Dick posted:

Angled fore grips do not make it an SBR, only a vertical fore grip does that. She is legal and :c00lbert:
Thank you! I didn't have to be the one correcting things for once. :D

...granted, I'll have to correct you on the :c00lbert: part, as I have not fired it. I've watched others fire it, though. It is really loving loud, really inaccurate, the fireball is big, and there's a visible blast wave (which is really awesome) when firing in a grassy area from the soundwave and/or fireball. :ohdear: Maybe I'll fire it once my SO pays his however much to wait 6 months for the gubermint to say it's okay to put a stock on it (I grew up with shotguns and trap shooting, so I like a gun I can brace against my shoulder; that being said, I did shoot regular pistols for the first time recently and it was pretty cool). And also once it's sighted in. Because it's kind of poo poo right now.

The Locator posted:

As has already been pointed out, if it was legally a rifle, it would be a class III firearm (short barreled rifle) and require the same licensing as a fully automatic weapon. I believe they get away with it by the fact that is has no shoulder-stock at all. A shoulder-stock or the mentioned vertical fore-grip would make it class III.
Random FYI: I've been informed that, technically, it might be maybe okay to put an arm brace on it right now because of a legal loophole that may or may not be closing because of some recent legal activity or another. So that's also a thing. 'Murican gun laws are weird. And I made it clear he wasn't getting it unless it was 100% legal (he registered it and got it at a shop that ran a background check and whatnot).

SO would prefer to pay the $$$ and short-barrel rifle it, though, so I don't think he'll be putting an arm brace on it (also all the ??? about which way the laws are going makes both of us leery). And he's been too busy Warhammering it up, so I don't see that happening anytime soon anyway.

I don't care one way or another (as long as it's legal, of course), I just think it's neat.

jeff smisek posted:

Just lol if you think you need to lose weight in this pic

The Locator posted:

Also agree that nobody in that photograph has any need to lose weight.
I mean, I'm 30 lbs lighter than I was then, so that's more of the thing I was going for than "OMG I WAS SO FAT!" :byodame:. It's less of a "Wow I needed to lose weight" and more of a "Cool, look at that, I'm different now." I don't know. I'm weird.

VendaGoat posted:

LOL! You think those are/I can afford Oakleys. I like you.

Teagan posted:

lipstick?
ponytail?

I was getting ready for something, and just Had to get approval from friends

Teagan posted:

Thanks, there is a glass heart at the center with a lavender flower inside. It is kinda pokey and heavy, but it was a birthday present, so I like it :)

Both you and your necklace look awesome. :cheers:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I'm in CA so it's probably different for me. Was pretty sure it's nothing designed to be gripped on the barrel.
But this state sucks anyways for that stuff.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dylanthulhu posted:

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

RFC2324 posted:

I nearly stole a tank once, but i pussed out :(

I sternly scolded a bear that was coming towards me and it went away, it made me feel somewhat accomplished.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

I sternly scolded a bear that was coming towards me and it went away, it made me feel somewhat accomplished.

^^^See this. This is badass. Way more badass than holding a scary looking gun. I can only desire to be this badass. One day I may be. :allears:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Someone post that extremely Canadian "FAAAACK YOUUU, BEAAAAR!" video.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

^^^See this. This is badass. Way more badass than holding a scary looking gun. I can only desire to be this badass. One day I may be. :allears:

I was on a bike/walk trail by the river, and I have pretty poor eyesight, and saw what I thought were three rollerbladers, rocking back and forth. I looked back again and they were gone. Hmm. Kept walking. Turn, they are close, and one is taller than the others.

Oh. Look. Black bears. I just kept walking. I got to a little rest area with the back to the bushes. I heard rustling and thought, wow girl, get your stupid rear end away from the bushes. I got up calmly and walked to the cars. Stood there wondering what else I could have done. I am a country girl and should have had some idea other than walking along with bears.

The tall bear was smelling me. I figured that out later. I guess I smelled pretty okay. It was creepy that they were following me, but there was no harmful intent obviously. I still feel stupid though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My husband and I had a grizzly bear snuffling around our tent when we were 60km away from our car at 4 am one night, we had watched Grizzly Man just before leaving on the 4 night trip too. That was a mistake. Didn't sleep much after that. Don't watch Grizzly Man before backpacking in grizzly territory!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Picnic Princess posted:

My husband and I had a grizzly bear snuffling around our tent when we were 60km away from our car at 4 am one night, we had watched Grizzly Man just before leaving on the 4 night trip too. That was a mistake. Didn't sleep much after that. Don't watch Grizzly Man before backpacking in grizzly territory!

Gack! I have only had raccoons and ghosts. You need to duct tape everything with raccoons. But least they don't kill you in your sleep.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Bears are still super great and I love them though, I work in a zoo gift shop and when we get bear stuff I get all super excited. BEARS RULE

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm the same way with elephants and pigs.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I'm the same way with elephants and pigs.

I'm the same way with goon selfies.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I seem to have gotten something very wrong with my Dr. Seuss cosplay.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
If this thread produces a video of a bird bobbing along to the Dethintro or a Hatebeak song it will have made my ten bucks worth it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dylanthulhu posted:

If this thread produces a video of a bird bobbing along to the Dethintro or a Hatebeak song it will have made my ten bucks worth it.

:five:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Dylanthulhu posted:

You'll have to get that from Scribe, my bird is more of an alt-rock kinda guy

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Well now I'm just waiting for that to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You'll have to get that from Scribe, my bird is more of an alt-rock kinda guy

Picnic Princess posted:

Well now I'm just waiting for that to happen.

Post Your Picture II: Take Your Pet to the Dance