Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If she doesn't want to do nude scenes it's probably more because she became famous after season 1 and has leverage now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come all my gal pals love dany. she's awful. why don't they love a badass like brienne.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

Can a book reader explain who Lady Stoneheart is to me. I know it's zombie Catelyn Stark but that's it. What does she do? How is she rezzed?

- Catelyn died and was thrown into the river at the Twins
- Nymeria's wolf pack fished her out and Nymeria kept the others from eating her
- BWB came across her and Beric gave her the kiss of life
- Beric dies permanently, Catelyn is resurrected but her body is damaged from decomp and being in the river so long (brittle hair, eyes claw marks over eyes, skin bloated and pasty white, throat slit so she needs to hold it closed to talk)
- LSH takes over the BWB, is bent on revenge, goes around hanging Freys
- BWB go from being Westeros's Robin Hood to a band of vigilantes, a group led by Thoros split from LSH and head off to do their own thing
- one of LSH followers becomes the new Hound after stealing his helmet
- LSH comes across Brienne, Pod and ser Hyle Hunt, she judges them guilty of beings Lannister stooges, sentences them to death
- Brienne is forced to choose "noose" (everyone dies) or "sword" (she brings LSH Jaime). She choose the sword.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 18, 2016

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Can a book reader explain who Lady Stoneheart is to me. I know it's zombie Catelyn Stark but that's it. What does she do? How is she rezzed?
Wiki excerpt:

quote:

Three days after her death,[25] Catelyn's corpse is retrieved from the Green Fork by Arya Stark's direwolf, Nymeria, who runs away when humans approach.[26] Catelyn is resurrected by Lord Beric Dondarrion, who gives his life for hers through the last kiss. Catelyn's wounds only partially heal, however, leaving her mutilated and without the ability to speak. She becomes consumed with the desire for vengeance over her family's betrayal and murder. She becomes known as Lady Stoneheart and assumes command of Beric's outlaw band, the brotherhood without banners. She leads the brotherhood in mercilessly pursuing and executing everyone she considers a Lannister collaborator, among them Petyr and Merrett Frey at Oldstones.[24]

While leading the brotherhood, Stoneheart's outlaws come upon a small party led by Brienne of Tarth, who informs her that she is searching for Sansa at the behest of Jaime Lannister. Stoneheart says that Brienne has turned traitor, as she carries Oathkeeper, a Lannister sword forged from the Stark Valyrian steel blade, Ice. Brienne swears she is still faithful but Stoneheart insists she must prove it by killing Jaime. Brienne refuses, stating that Jaime has changed. Stoneheart says she must choose, either kill Jaime or be hanged. Brienne refuses to choose and is sentenced to hang, along with her companions. As she is being hanged, she sees Podrick Payne choking and dying, and shouts "sword" to save him.[29][30]

Having been spared by the brotherhood, Brienne appears briefly at Pennytree when Jaime camps there. She asks Jaime to help her save Sansa Stark from the Hound, claiming they are a day's ride away. She tells Jaime, however, that he must go with her alone, or the Hound will kill Sansa.[31] The scenario she describes, however, seems unlikely to be real, as Sansa was last seen by readers in the Vale,[32] and Brienne has been told Sandor Clegane is dead (though Brienne herself now uses "The Hound" to refer to Lem, who has acquired Clegane's helmet[29]).

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Ginette Reno posted:

I uh......are you really keeping track of the size of her breasts between different scenes?

Are you not?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Groovelord Neato posted:

how come all my gal pals love dany. she's awful. why don't they love a badass like brienne.

Probably because she fucks everybody up despite being tiny.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 18, 2016

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

In terms of accomplishments, Dany wins. She's young and a powerful, she's a queen and everyone bows to her, she gets whatever she wants (like Jorah and Daario), and she's on a crusade to end slavery, and she wants to retake Westeros and punish the Lanisters.

Brienne has to fight for everything, and has one follower that isn't very impressive.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

but dany didn't actually do any of it. she only gets anything by having nukes.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TommyGun85 posted:

and they were rewarded with what I imagine was her head superimposed over her naked body from a shoot she did a couple years ago.

evidence:

she said she is no longer FILMING nude scenes after season 3.

she said that was not a body double.

LOL I hope D&D have enough stock footages for King's Landling burning and the Night's King burning. At least the red witch is real. <3

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Narmi posted:

- Beric dies permanently, Catelyn is resurrected but her body is damaged from decomp and being in the river so long (brittle hair, eyes claw marks over eyes, skin bloated and pasty white, throat slit so she needs to hold it closed to talk)
small detail but the claw marks are because she shredded her own face with her fingernails while shrieking screaming and laughing incoherently after Robb died, which is objectively metal as gently caress. one of many reasons stoneheart would have owned

iirc the book implies the Freys didn't even particularly plan to kill her they just didn't know what to do with her after she done lost her goddamn mind

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Season 4 should have ended with a Stoneheart reveal and Season 5 should have had Jamie in the Riverlands with Brienne doing poo poo. End season 5 with Brienne killing Stoneheart to save him.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Anonymous John posted:

Did she actually say that or was that quote just attributed to her? Because her breasts in Sunday's episode were of a slightly different size than what we've seen on Dany in the past. Not saying it was a body double, probably just a difference due to fluctuations in weight on Emilia Clarke that are natural.

What the gently caress?

Beautiful and inspiring.

~*~:love: On LoVe'S gOlDeN wInGs :love:~*~

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

"Draw me like one of your Southron girls."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:perfect:

The only great thing that D&D came up with so far this season is Brienne/Tormund.

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

Pedro De Heredia posted:

I don't think Emilia Clarke ever said she was against doing nude scenes. People said she'd refused to do nude scenes after the first season, since S2 aired and had none and there were some rumors that an actress did not want to do nude scenes anymore, but then she had another one in S3. Similar things were said in later seasons, and a quote was attributed to her that suggested she was against nude scenes for the show, but she put out some Instagram post denying it. And, of course, she had a nude scene this season.

It's just a rumor that never dies and it's always been loosely associated with a judgment of her acting ability.

She actually talked about this on Instagram and clarified the whole thing:

Emilia Clarke posted:

I was followed into a party by a journalist who asked me a question about female empowerment and then quoted me entirely out of context for an outlet I didn’t agree to speak with.

So I feel now, with the beauty of Instagram I should clarify my statements, if for nothing else than for posterity.

In drama, if a nude scene forwards a story or is shot in a way that adds insight into characters, I’m perfectly fine with it. Sometimes explicit scenes are required and make sense for the characters/story, as they do in Westeros.

If it’s gratuitous for gratuitous sake, then I will discuss with a director on how to make it more subtle. In either case, like a good Mother of Dragons, I’m always in control.

https://www.instagram.com/p/7shoBno1Np/

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
One good thing about this season is helping me to realize that there is no such thing as good genre fiction, regardless of how much you "subvert" it, and that the people who exclusively read it are absolute degenerates.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

sector_corrector posted:

One good thing about this season is helping me to realize that there is no such thing as good genre fiction, regardless of how much you "subvert" it, and that the people who exclusively read it are absolute degenerates.

Except for me and all my favorite things, of course.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If she doesn't want to do nude scenes it's probably more because she became famous after season 1 and has leverage now.

What leverage. She was in one big movie which sucked and one play which sucked.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

zVxTeflon posted:

What leverage. She was in one big movie which sucked and one play which sucked.

she is the star of the biggest show in the world and likely knows she is integral to the finale thus cant just be killed off or written out. thats called leverage

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

TommyGun85 posted:

she is the star of the biggest show in the world and likely knows she is integral to the finale thus cant just be killed off or written out. thats called leverage

They can always replace her with Tamzin Merchant.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Season 7 of Game of Thrones starring Idris Elba as Daenerys Stormborn.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Can't wait for the full frontal, then.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

TommyGun85 posted:

More importantly, she can just make one twitter post that goes something like this "was recast because I didn't want to be in gratuitous nude scene" and D&D are in big, big trouble

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

TommyGun85 posted:

She probably has a seasons-long contract which also has some nudity clauses, so her leverage is limited.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Season 4 should have ended with a Stoneheart reveal and Season 5 should have had Jamie in the Riverlands with Brienne doing poo poo. End season 5 with Brienne killing Stoneheart to save him.

Why did they not see the potential here? Brienne in the show is p drat good, this would have been such an awesome storyline for her. Instead she camped outside Winterfell for an entire season.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nuebot posted:

Season 7 of Game of Thrones starring Idris Elba as Daenerys Stormborn.

I'm down. Daario hitting on Idris Elba, who is wearing a silky gown, for an entire season.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Idris Elba should just be in everything, however little sense it makes

I would watch Romeo and Juliet with him starring as Juliet

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

More importantly, she can just make one twitter post that goes something like this "was recast because I didn't want to be in gratuitous nude scene" and D&D are in big, big trouble

with who tumblr?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Are we now crafting fan fiction around some hypothetical reality in which Emilia Clarke said she wouldn't do any more nude scenes?

Cause that never happened, Emilia does her own nude scenes and has never claimed she's gonna stop, she performed nude in a play, she's done numerous nude scenes on the show never using body doubles or shying away from the camera. She interviewed about the episode saying "It's all me", will at any point people just drop this whole made up story about her refusing to do nudity?

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 19, 2016

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Everyone involved on both sides of this discussion are goony as gently caress and probably dart their eyes away when girls look in their direction and instinctively flinch when one comes within their personal space.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Are we now crafting fan fiction around some hypothetical reality in which Emilia Clarke said she wouldn't do any more nude scenes?

Cause that never happened, Emilia does her own nude scenes and has never claimed she's gonna stop, she performed nude in a play, she's done numerous nude scenes on the show never using body doubles or shying away from the camera. She interviewed about the episode saying "It's all me", will at any point people just drop this whole made up story about her refusing to do nudity?

There was a big story after s2 (iirc) about an unnamed actress who didn't want to do any more nude scenes. Everyone assumed it was Dany but in retrospect it was almost certainly Roz. Given that nudity was one of her primary reasons for existence in the show, her putting her foot down led to her being shown the exit door via Joffrey.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

regulargonzalez posted:

There was a big story after s2 (iirc) about an unnamed actress who didn't want to do any more nude scenes. Everyone assumed it was Dany but in retrospect it was almost certainly Roz. Given that nudity was one of her primary reasons for existence in the show, her putting her foot down led to her being shown the exit door via Joffrey.

Yeah I know all of this, it just keeps popping up over and over in this thread like some extra meaningless Groundhog Day discussion.

Concerning Esme Bianco (Ros) there's also no actual source that claims it was her who made the statement, it was originally Oona Chaplin (Talysa) who said that some other actress refused to do any more nude scenes. All Esme Bianco actually said on the subject was this:

quote:

“I was so jealous because everyone else has these amazing costumes and they’re learning archery and they’re learning horse riding and I’m like butt naked. So I’m like, ‘Okay, how about Season 2 either give me a costume or I’ll ride naked if I can have a horse. They’re like, ‘We’ll see what we can do.’ I got a costume.”

Honestly given that there's only one source for this statement and that it's possible that Chaplin just heard some behind the scenes gossip that wasn't even accurate itself. I'm skeptical as to whether any actress on the show ever said that.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 19, 2016

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Roz didn't exactly scream "long-term cast member", anyway.

The actress said she didn't want to be seen as just 'naked girl', but there's a pretty big difference between "not wanting to be seen as 'naked girl'" and "refusing to do nude scenes."

(case in point: Emilia Clarke)

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 19, 2016

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Its me guys, im the famous GOT actress who refused to do nude scenes.

AMA.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Chadzok posted:

Why did they not see the potential here? Brienne in the show is p drat good, this would have been such an awesome storyline for her. Instead she camped outside Winterfell for an entire season.

I wonder if her abbreviated storyline was caused by Star Wars filming conflicts.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Chadzok posted:

Jaime and Brienne probably don't have much plot remaining in the future books (given how Martin talks about them as a couple, probably: meet, resolve differences, gently caress, separate when Jaime goes to do valonqar). If the last part of the plot is the valonqar stuff, the end of Jaime's plot has to be synchronised with Cersei's. So, the alternatives D&D had were probably: push their meeting and resolution as late as possible, or do more than one season of a happy, heartwarming Jaime and Brienne romance plot.

The show's solution gave us the hilarity of the Tormund+Brienne ship, though, so no complaints on my part.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's still real lovely that lena instagrammed that heart made of rocks.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
What is valonqar? Don't remember that word from the books.

And what was Cersei's prophecy again? Did it differ at all between books and show? And have there been any other prophecies that have come true at all? Why would this random swamp lady have that power any way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

hanales posted:

I wonder if her abbreviated storyline was caused by Star Wars filming conflicts.

That would be hilarious, actually. Yet another GoT actor that gets a part in a huge epic blockbuster trilogy movie and neglects their obligations to GoT, and she never even gets her face on screen either. I'm sorta surprised Emilia Clarke didn't get forced to wear a full-face burkha in that Terminator movie she starred in.

• Locked thread