Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Argue posted:

The front page of the 100-page epic "The Sokovia Accords" says "Framework for the Registration and Deployment of Enhanced Individuals" so y'all can stop complaining about this specific thing
I'm so sure that Agents of SHIELD writers, notorious for being in such constant intricate contact with the film-production side of the MCU, went ahead and justified writing the Accords much more like the SHRA from the comics and not the way the Accords were treated in the film because they saw a three second shot of the word "registration" in the film trailers and thought that making it all about registration was gonna be such a great tie-in to the movie, and not because they had no idea what the film was actually about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Blade, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider to get their own Netflix show.

http://moviecreedlive.com/entertainment/2668979-blade-ghost-rider-moon-knight-netflix/#.VzrOaze0tx0.twitter

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Moviecreedlive.com? I'll wait until it's sourced from someone with a little credibility.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
AoS finale was surprisingly good. Overall, I'd rank the second half of this season ahead of the first half of S3 or the second half of S2. The writers really ought to realize that the show is best with a clearly defined primary antagonist to drive and unify its storylines.
A horribly written, typo-ridden report from a fansite no one has ever heard of before? Gee golly gosh, it must be true!

Seriously, every site regurgitating this rumor as though it's even remotely credible should be embarrassed. They won't, of course, because most of the fanboy "news" sites have zero standards beyond "is it good for traffic?"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I dunno. I can buy the idea that the Sokovia Accords have stipulations for people who aren't the Avengers. I mean, the Avengers who don't have to sign have to retire - what's gonna stop a bunch of unrelated powered people from getting together and calling themselves the "New Warriors" and doing the same thing. There'd be provisos for that kind of thing outside of what the movie covers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nearly everything the Avengers do is highly illegal. He was simply emphasizing that if they don't sign the Accords and have the UN backing, the rest of the world is tired of their poo poo and won't give them a pass anymore.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yeah, and if another group of super people decide to form a team, what are they gonna do then?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TFRazorsaw posted:

yeah, and if another group of super people decide to form a team, what are they gonna do then?

They're legally not allowed to form other teams, those belong to Sony and Fox. If you think the Avengers are tough, wait till you see Attorney Man.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Medullah posted:

They're legally not allowed to form other teams, those belong to Sony and Fox.

The Defenders, New Warriors, Champions, and whomever else aren't "Fantastic" or "X"-related are under Marvel's purview.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

They're legally not allowed to form other teams, those belong to Sony and Fox. If you think the Avengers are tough, wait till you see Attorney Man.

Everyone already wants to see a She-Hulk series.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Does anyone know what the cliffhanger at the end of the finale of Agents of Shield is supposed to entail?

I'm familiar with Life-Model Decoys, but not sure who AIDA is or what connection she has to them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's a minor character from a Squadron Supreme book so they're just using the name and probably nothing else.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
They probably wanted to use Jocasta but couldn't get her from the film side.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

It's a shame this is so likely false. Doing Ghost Rider on a TV budget would be a hell of a thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

It's a shame this is so likely false. Doing Ghost Rider on a TV budget would be a hell of a thing.

It's been rumored for a while now, if Flash and Supergirl can pull their poo poo off I'm sure a flaming skull is doable.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

jscolon2.0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0E-1MD0bw

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Our budget is this bag of doritos and all the change in my couch.

Cool Ranch or GTFO

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The Sokovia Accords were mentioned for like ten minutes in that SHIELD episode and it was more so Talbot could talk to Coulson about bringing in SHIELD from their current disavowed status. In the finale singer, it looks like that might've happened.

This thread has such bizarro world opinions about comic TV. SHIELD is great, Agent Carter was great, Supergirl is really bad, and the CW shows are just so boring.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Little Mac posted:

This thread has such bizarro world opinions about comic TV. SHIELD is great, Agent Carter was great

*holding back tears as I beat you to death*

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I don't get how people can hate Agent Carter. The cast is great, it's quirky and pulpy, the writing is fantastic, and the costuming and set design captures the period really well.

Ever since James Bond went ultra-realistic (and I still really enjoy the new Bond movies, but I haven't seen Spectre yet) there has been a hole in my heart for campy spy period-pieces.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 19, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Spectre is pretty campy, with a veneer of grit. Christoph Waltz is the most fun part of the whole film and it's hilarious seeing them try to set up a 'shocking' twist when every media outlet and any Bond fan knows exactly what said twist is 15 seconds after he appears.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Wasn't this rumor started on April Fool's Day a year or two ago?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

On my phone atm, but CW execs just confirmed a gigantic crossover for all 4 DCTV shows next season.

Crisis, anyone?

E: Also looking forward to Callista Flockhart making GBS threads all over Felicity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I don't get how people can hate Agent Carter. The cast is great, it's quirky and pulpy, the writing is fantastic, and the costuming and set design captures the period really well.

Ever since James Bond went ultra-realistic (and I still really enjoy the new Bond movies, but I haven't seen Spectre yet) there has been a hole in my heart for campy spy period-pieces.

The S2 premiere literally had Peggy walking against a tide of men. The symbolism stuck me so hard that i can't watch the show without having traumatic flashbacks.

(It was revealed to actually be Dottie in disguise but still/)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Scyantific posted:

On my phone atm, but CW execs just confirmed a gigantic crossover for all 4 DCTV shows next season.

Crisis, anyone?

E: Also looking forward to Callista Flockhart making GBS threads all over Felicity.

Felicity sneaks into CatCo to do technobabbly stuff. Cat immediately calls her Krista and asks why her theater tickets haven't arrived yesterday.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Aphrodite posted:

*holding back tears as I beat you to death*

The shows are good, I'm sorry.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

TFRazorsaw posted:

I dunno. I can buy the idea that the Sokovia Accords have stipulations for people who aren't the Avengers. I mean, the Avengers who don't have to sign have to retire - what's gonna stop a bunch of unrelated powered people from getting together and calling themselves the "New Warriors" and doing the same thing. There'd be provisos for that kind of thing outside of what the movie covers.

I don't even watch Agents of SHIELD, and this seemed pretty easy to understand. I guess we'll see how future movies will handle it. How will the government treat Spider-Man?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Die Laughing posted:

I don't even watch Agents of SHIELD, and this seemed pretty easy to understand. I guess we'll see how future movies will handle it. How will the government treat Spider-Man?

He's probably already registered. Stark was literally in his house chilling and flirting with his aunt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Circutron posted:

The shows are good, I'm sorry.

You should be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Powerless trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLTL49Wa0g8

I can't believe how lovely and unfunny this looks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Powerless trailer

Its going to do gangbusters.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rhyno posted:

Powerless trailer

Eh, the premise seems solid enough. I'll probably check in after 4 episodes or so to see if they found the characters and jokes like I do with most comedies.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
It's actually a comedy, in like they have jokes and stuff, and not just a comedy in the "haha rocks just fell on that family" sort of way?

I dig the premise and I don't hate the cast. The trailer doesn't quite get me fired up for it, but I think it's got legs. Pilots usually suck anyway so I'll give it a few episodes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow I didn't recognize Vanessa Hudgens at all.

At least they're actually talking about Wonder Woman and Green Lantern in it and not avoiding all the big ones.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
It's got a lot of people I love in it so that's a definite plus.

But it really does make me think that The Boys could be pulled off successfully (Scrub out a bit of the Ennis, of course).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
And it is blocked for me, possibly because I am a dirty Canuck

edit: nevermind, found it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Aphrodite posted:

Wow I didn't recognize Vanessa Hudgens at all.

At least they're actually talking about Wonder Woman and Green Lantern in it and not avoiding all the big ones.

I mean, the Big Bang Theory also talks about those characters from time to time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Little Mac posted:

The Sokovia Accords were mentioned for like ten minutes in that SHIELD episode and it was more so Talbot could talk to Coulson about bringing in SHIELD from their current disavowed status. In the finale singer, it looks like that might've happened.

This thread has such bizarro world opinions about comic TV. SHIELD is great, Agent Carter was great, Supergirl is really bad, and the CW shows are just so boring.

Agent Carter s2 is so good that it tainted the timeslot and hurt SHIELD ratings that it hasn't recovered from.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I consider it a victory that there isn't a laugh track. A very very very small victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I don't think I'd ever watch it, but it doesn't look like the most horrible thing, so I'm glad for Kate Micucci.