Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The fact that makeup prices are higher in my city than anywhere else. Basic little tubes of Maybelline mascara are like, $9 here, and $4 everywhere else. At this point, I get my mom to stockpile my favourites for me and send them over because it's cheaper even with shipping to buy the stuff I like. Beyond that, people who recommend Sephora makeup to me. There is no way I am spending a week's worth of grocery money on a little eyeshadow palette. Makeup is boring to me, I only wear it so that people won't ask me when I'm graduating high school or call me sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If cash crab forgets her makeup, people mistake her for a cat or a puppy. That bandit mask doesn't colors itself in.

My current pet peeve is that cash crab may not be a washbear IRL.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

mostlygray posted:

I may have said this before, but I get that poo poo whenever I hurt myself. Yes, I'm hurt, deal with it. I have no sense of crisis when hurt and don't feel pain that much. My entire life, I've had cuts and bruises that I don't remember getting. I'm going on 40 years of people saying "Oh my god! What happened?" Stop asking me! I don't remember! I know the bruise on my left wrist was a bad hit using a light sledgehammer when driving a stake and I know my bruised rib was from taking a bad fall on rocks while catching my pup that had gotten off her lead. Beyond that, it's just normal poo poo. Sometimes people don't pay much attention to self-preservation. Get over it.

Oh god this too. I recently had my foot immobilized for a not very exciting medical reason and everyone pointed out the boot and demanded to know what happened. Yes, I know there's a boot on my foot, I strapped it on there this morning myself. My medical problems are none of your goddamn business.

cash crab posted:

Makeup prices

Makeup prices in general. Why does a tiny-rear end little pump bottle of beige liquid cost $50?! Why is a 1.5 diameter circle of colored powder $40? WHY.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Motherfuckers who exist only to make life difficult. Had some rear end in a top hat enter an order today for me to pick up FIVE MINUTES after I loving left his store the first time. He couldn't have told me to wait, it seems. So when I had to double back over 4 hours later (due to my route) I asked him to please not do that again, to TELL ME so I will wait the two minutes and not have to add another 30 miles to my route. He sighed and said it was NOT two minutes. And that was it. He stared at me like the batteries had run out. The rest of my words went over his head. Dude, I am trying to make this poo poo efficient, you are not loving helping!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Bill him for the extra trip, he'll get the message real quick.

My eternal peeve is that any time I am tired or busy, my mother uses that as a jumping off point to tear me down. She brags about how hard she works (which she does, I'm not disputing that) and then insists that what I do (physical therapist assistant student currently out on clinical affiliation 40 hours a week) isn't as demanding. I'm just so loving tired of her dismissing my experience, like she knows my chosen field better than I do. She argues with every little thing I tell her about school, too. She insisted that I wouldn't be doing a 40 hour a week clinical, too, because that sounds unreasonable to her.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Bill him for the extra trip, he'll get the message real quick.

My eternal peeve is that any time I am tired or busy, my mother uses that as a jumping off point to tear me down. She brags about how hard she works (which she does, I'm not disputing that) and then insists that what I do (physical therapist assistant student currently out on clinical affiliation 40 hours a week) isn't as demanding. I'm just so loving tired of her dismissing my experience, like she knows my chosen field better than I do. She argues with every little thing I tell her about school, too. She insisted that I wouldn't be doing a 40 hour a week clinical, too, because that sounds unreasonable to her.

Reminds me of the WORK BOOTS radio commercials. "Real men, doing real work. Digging ditches, swinging hammers, building structures."

Yes, some jobs are harder than others. But motherfucker, you don't get to imply that using your mind instead of your muscles is not work. Try staring at an abyss of spaghetti code for 9 hours trying to fix something you didn't even know your product did when you sat down that morning, and then tell me you aren't exhausted. Just because you don't have to mummify yourself in icyhot patches at the end of the day doesn't mean you didn't do any work.

(Insert joke about goons not having muscles so how would we know har har)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Che Delilas posted:

Reminds me of the WORK BOOTS radio commercials. "Real men, doing real work. Digging ditches, swinging hammers, building structures."

Yes, some jobs are harder than others. But motherfucker, you don't get to imply that using your mind instead of your muscles is not work. Try staring at an abyss of spaghetti code for 9 hours trying to fix something you didn't even know your product did when you sat down that morning, and then tell me you aren't exhausted. Just because you don't have to mummify yourself in icyhot patches at the end of the day doesn't mean you didn't do any work.

I posted in Dumb Moves in Marketing a while back about a military recruitment ad that dismissed karate like this. OK yes maybe some westerners that practice it are pasty dorks, but that's not an appropriate generalisation for what is technically an artform and part of another country's culture. (And while I don't want to cause a derail I have Opinions about what they dismissed it in favour of, too)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Screaming Idiot posted:

If cash crab forgets her makeup, people mistake her for a cat or a puppy. That bandit mask doesn't colors itself in.

My current pet peeve is that cash crab may not be a washbear IRL.

Pictured: Procyon cashcrabus

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Due to the goings on in the world in recent times, people are now genuinely offended and shocked by the word "bomb". It's now treated in the same way as a swear word.

Yesterday, we had two 10 second power cuts in the office, in the space of 30 minutes. At the moment the lights went off the second time, several women felt the need to scream and shriek.

I commented to one "you'd think a bomb went off, with that reaction" and she burst into tears, as if I had just thrown the worst insult you could think off at her. Noting the reaction, another colleague commented "you can't be saying that word, it upsets people"

Get a loving grip.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Misleading/blatant lies in job adverts.

I recently interviews for a Delivery Driver job, which advertised $22/hr. At the interview they said you actually get a flat $2.50/delivery and they estimate you'll do an average of 4 an hour, plus they estimate you'll get $3 tip/delivery.

So what they actually meant was sub-minimum wage + tips. That is NOT the same thing as $22/hr, assholes.

On a similar job-seeking note:

-Jobs that don't give any sort of salary indications. Just give me a range, or at least the minimum I can expect.

-Jobs that don't send rejection letters if you don't get an interview. It takes literally no effort to send a stock 'Thanks for applying but we're going with someone else' email.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
People who take "being a skeptic" to mean "being a raving lunatic conspiracy theorist". It's OK to be skeptical of the official version of events, most of the time it's probably at least a little inaccurate. Some people take it way too far though. Not too long ago I had the displeasure of meeting an extreme Holocaust denier (no Jews at all were systematically killed, it was all typhus, zyklon-B was non-toxic gas to humans it was just for the lice etc). People like that make even 9/11 truthers seem reasonable.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I've been in a temp job for a few months now, and my contract's coming to an end in a little bit. By all accounts I've done well and they really like me, and I was hoping they'd ask me to transfer into another job at the same place or even apply for a permanent position.

But I have to say I'm a bit disheartened by the fact that my bosses are already referring to me in the past tense. :smith: While I'm standing right next to them.

I mean, I do appreciate that it's in the context of "Parasol was really good, we loved having her," but dammit people, I'm right here! I still have three weeks left! I'm not dead!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Parasol Prophet posted:

I've been in a temp job for a few months now, and my contract's coming to an end in a little bit. By all accounts I've done well and they really like me, and I was hoping they'd ask me to transfer into another job at the same place or even apply for a permanent position.

But I have to say I'm a bit disheartened by the fact that my bosses are already referring to me in the past tense. :smith: While I'm standing right next to them.

I mean, I do appreciate that it's in the context of "Parasol was really good, we loved having her," but dammit people, I'm right here! I still have three weeks left! I'm not dead!

That's sounds like something a dead person would say. We're onto you, revenant.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Spalec posted:

On a similar job-seeking note:

-Jobs that don't give any sort of salary indications. Just give me a range, or at least the minimum I can expect.

-Jobs that don't send rejection letters if you don't get an interview. It takes literally no effort to send a stock 'Thanks for applying but we're going with someone else' email.

Add to this:

- Getting a generic response saying my skills/experience didn't match what they wanted even though I tailored my CV to the advert.

- Also, employers which just tell you what city the job is in. Like I'm going to spend 1-2 hours filling out an application form for a job when they won't even tell me whether I can get to it.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Parasol Prophet posted:

I've been in a temp job for a few months now, and my contract's coming to an end in a little bit.

At least it was only a few months. At my workplace, they string along temps for three loving year contracts. They ask people to apply for full time positions, give them interviews, and then never hire anybody ever.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Murphy Brownback posted:

People who take "being a skeptic" to mean "being a raving lunatic conspiracy theorist". It's OK to be skeptical of the official version of events, most of the time it's probably at least a little inaccurate. Some people take it way too far though. Not too long ago I had the displeasure of meeting an extreme Holocaust denier (no Jews at all were systematically killed, it was all typhus, zyklon-B was non-toxic gas to humans it was just for the lice etc). People like that make even 9/11 truthers seem reasonable.

I always took "being a skeptic" as being the opposite of a conspiracy theorist. If skeptics don't look at this poo poo, who will?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So with those kind of Holocaust deniers, do they just say all the ruins of the camps were made up and built just to keep the lie going?

Peeve: when you are hungry but nothing sounds good. What the gently caress is that feeling called other than FWP personified? No, I don't want pizza, no I don't want snacks or steak or bacon or a salad or anything. Nothing sounds good but your stomach is demanding food.

Peeve: Motherfucking crazy people who use you as a soundboard.

There is a girl at work who cornered me and asked if I liked to read. I said yes. She wanted to "run an idea" by me about a new trilogy of books she was going to write. At this point I am eyeing an escape route because she goes into detail and hits every trope in fiction:

1. Dystopia future where everyone gets Happy Always implants at age 25
2. Protagonist guy raised by rebels outside the system escapes system to find a cure for Happy
3. Meets scientist with time machine. Scientist has an assistant that is 10x smarter than scientist
4. Protag goes back in time to fix what made the implants, meets awesome girl, brings her back to future.
5. Come back to ruined world because her bloodline ( not bloodlines, she kept insisting) was needed for past.

And then of course the usual time travel fuckery where the second book would end with him throwing her back to the past. And the third would be she has a baby in the past then gets back to the future to be with him and thank God a customer came into the story then.

When I later pointed out literally every loving thing she had told me was old fiction and in every scifi ever, she insisted there was nothing new under the sun and told me not to steal her ideas (even though someone already had published the books and she didn't care).

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Cowslips Warren posted:

So with those kind of Holocaust deniers, do they just say all the ruins of the camps were made up and built just to keep the lie going?

No, this particular one said they were just detaining them to prepare for humane deportation to other countries, saying it was no different from what we were doing to the Japanese in our internment camps. They acknowledge there were gas chambers but they were for delousing not killing, claiming there were no such thing as extermination camps and while a lot of Jews died it was all typhus, not Nazis. It's pointless trying to understand their point of view though because in the end it just comes down to "I really, really dislike the Jews".

Regarding the other thing you posted, I wish people would realize there are different types of books to write beyond barely-concealed self-insert fantasy and dystopia/post-apocalypse scifi. I think it's well beyond the point of being done to death. Try something new amateur writers, please. e: also, if you find yourself even thinking of putting time travel in, throw your book in the trash. It is hardly ever done well and is just lazy since time travel works however arbitrarily the author wants it to.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 11:28 on May 19, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Those Facebook memes that say "Don't share this, copy and paste it." What is the point of that other than to annoy the poo poo out of people? You start reading a post from one of your friends and you're thinking "this is weird, it doesn't sound like them at all" and then suddenly it hits you and you scroll to the end to check, and yep, there's that bit of text saying to copy and paste it.

Cowslips Warren posted:

There is a girl at work who cornered me and asked if I liked to read. I said yes. She wanted to "run an idea" by me about a new trilogy of books she was going to write.
Whenever anyone has this incredibly detailed concept for a book they want to write, they are never going to write it. They don't want to write a book, they want to already have written a book. They want to be told how great their story is without going through the effort of actually writing it. They tell you about it so that you'll go "yeah, sounds like it'll be a great book" because that's almost the same thing as if they actually wrote the book and you read it and said it was good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Che Delilas posted:

Funny, I'm annoyed by the exact opposite, where if you due physical labor then it means you're just too stupid to do real work, like in an office.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Cowslips Warren posted:

Peeve: Motherfucking crazy people who use you as a soundboard.

You should tell her to name it Billy and the Clonosaurus.

But yeah. That, and people who are in music and sing their new songs or covers at you. Actually, just people who sing in public in general annoy me. I feel like I'm being held hostage by your incredible need for validation and attention.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Murphy Brownback posted:

No, this particular one said they were just detaining them to prepare for humane deportation to other countries, saying it was no different from what we were doing to the Japanese in our internment camps. They acknowledge there were gas chambers but they were for delousing not killing, claiming there were no such thing as extermination camps and while a lot of Jews died it was all typhus, not Nazis. It's pointless trying to understand their point of view though because in the end it just comes down to "I really, really dislike the Jews".

gently caress political correctness, if these rear end in a top hat deniers want to act like the Holocaust didn't happen or make excuses for it, just call them out as Nazi sympathizers. Punish them by making them wear shirts that say "If you're not part of the Final Solution, you're part of the problem" and watch the fireworks.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

At least it was only a few months. At my workplace, they string along temps for three loving year contracts. They ask people to apply for full time positions, give them interviews, and then never hire anybody ever.

My company will post jobs they have no intention of hiring anybody for, the just want to put out bait to see what talent's out there. On rare occasion if a perfect unicorn candidate applies they'll create a job for them but it's very very rare.

Everyone who had been job hunting in the past few years was horrified when that came to light.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Cowslips Warren posted:

Peeve: when you are hungry but nothing sounds good. What the gently caress is that feeling called other than FWP personified? No, I don't want pizza, no I don't want snacks or steak or bacon or a salad or anything. Nothing sounds good but your stomach is demanding food.

I have that problem due to some meds I take killing my appetite. I get the secondary feelings of hunger if I go too long without eating -- can't concentrate, feel nauseated, etc. -- but I don't actually feel like eating anything. Sometimes "dinner" ends up being a bowl of cereal or some crackers and baby carrots because that's all I can choke down just to placate my stomach.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Davros1 posted:

Funny, I'm annoyed by the exact opposite, where if you due physical labor then it means you're just too stupid to do real work, like in an office.

I'm annoyed by both perspectives. I'm the academic, my boyfriend is a union laborer. He often wants to punch the conservative tough-guys he works with when they go on about ivory tower liberals and lazy college students with their student loans. I want to punch the people I work with when they go on about how we need to send our bottom tier students to the trades. Knowing what my bf went through during his apprenticeship, there's no way an F student is going to get through that if they weren't adequately supported years earlier in their public education.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Websites where external links aren't set up to automatically load in a new tab.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Websites smart enough to serve up a mobile version for my phone, but not smart enough to give me the desktop version from a mobile link while I'm on my desktop. Wikipedia being a big offender here. :argh:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Websites where external links aren't set up to automatically load in a new tab.

The opposite, because a lot of times I'm done reading the article or whatever and want the link to open in the same tab. If I want something loaded in a new tab, I will load it in a new tab. Doing it automatically essentially makes every link into an annoying popup.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

My ISP provided router resets settings every so often without telling me. I was trying to log in with my set password last night and thought something was much worse was happening. The other problem is that it resets the channel settings which makes my connection much slower. In fact it didn't work at all on the default channel before.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Death Zebra posted:

My ISP provided router resets settings every so often without telling me. I was trying to log in with my set password last night and thought something was much worse was happening. The other problem is that it resets the channel settings which makes my connection much slower. In fact it didn't work at all on the default channel before.

I had this happen at least twice a couple months back, it was weird as hell. I thought I had a faulty modem/router combo at first and freaked out when I couldn't connect to wireless. Since the last time it hasn't happened again, but I feel your pain - I had everything set up perfectly for channel, bandwidth and range, and all of a sudden I have to reset everything because the connection slows so much with one or two channels being congested as hell, and it's not "smart" enough to stay on the least problematic channel automatically.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

People writing "past time" when they mean "pastime".

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Tiggum posted:

People writing "past time" when they mean "pastime".

Well for all intensive purposes, everybody knows what you mean.

:buddy:

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
It's been mentioned in this thread before, but here's mine, fresh from yesterday:

While driving, people who wave you into illegal/dangerous situations.

In Canada. I'm waiting to turn left out of a parking lot onto a four lane road. The road has a turning lane to enter this parking lot. A dude sees I've been waiting for a bit and starts waving me onto the road, while three cars come in hot behind him.
Sorry buddy, I'm not doing it. If those cars rear-end you because they're expecting you to go because it's your drat turn to go, I don't want to be the idiot who's out in the middle of the road illegally when that happens, just because you wanted to call yourself a nice guy.

Do your good deeds elsewhere!

Sub-pet-peeves of this incident: His 'I can't believe this' stupid grin as he entered the parking lot. His dumbass shiny puffy blue adventure vest.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The fact that white people barbecue places gently caress up the meat 90% of the time. What scrub trims the brisket, cooks off the fat, or even puts turkey on the menu. What the gently caress.

It wouldn't be so bad except black BBQ joints usually have poo poo sauce. No, ketchup plus mustard plus nine cups of brown sugar is not acceptable.

I just want a fatty brisket plate with a vinegar based sauce is that too much to ask.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Danger Mahoney posted:

No, ketchup plus mustard plus nine cups of brown sugar is not acceptable.

"Yep, meat's falling off the bone. Lookin' good, hoss. Now let's dump a metric ton of sugar and HFCS on it"

:argh:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
It annoys me when local radio stations insert some "local flavor" into normal pop songs. No, the line is "I got me for life," not "the bay got me for life." What does that even mean? The whole point of the song is that the singer relies on herself. If she gets into trouble, the only person who can get her out is her, and the bay area isn't going to do a drat thing for her except charge her an insane amount of rent and pee on her doorstep.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I've recently been moved to a desk apart from the group I'm working with, and one of my coworkers has taken to walking over, asking me a question, and walking away immediately. Often while giving me little to no information about the request itself.

"Hi Parasol, can you do this monthly thing I showed you once three weeks ago?"
"I kind of remember how, but I didn't really get any notes on it since we thought I'd be gone by now. I'm not sure how the process starts."
"Oh." [walks away]
(But wait, are you going to do the thing? Should I look for instructions on doing the thing so I can do it? Was I supposed to be taking notes three weeks ago?)

"Parasol, are you checking your email? You didn't get this thing delivered."
"Shoot, really? I didn't know they needed that thing-- I never got any emails from them today."
"..." [is already walking away]
(Wait, so have you already taken care of the delivery then, or should I still do it? Was I on the recipient list for the email? Do I need to contact someone to ask them to put me on list? Am I in trouble for not doing it? Dammit lady, tell me something.)

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Maggie Fletcher posted:

It annoys me when local radio stations insert some "local flavor" into normal pop songs. No, the line is "I got me for life," not "the bay got me for life." What does that even mean? The whole point of the song is that the singer relies on herself. If she gets into trouble, the only person who can get her out is her, and the bay area isn't going to do a drat thing for her except charge her an insane amount of rent and pee on her doorstep.

I've never heard of this. How does it work? Does the artist record a special version, or are they dubbing words into someone else's song? Also, are you sure they don't mean 'bae'?

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

DavidAlltheTime posted:

I've never heard of this. How does it work? Does the artist record a special version, or are they dubbing words into someone else's song? Also, are you sure they don't mean 'bae'?

I think sometimes it's one, and sometimes the other, because sometimes the substituted phrase does sound like the artist, and sometimes it sounds like some random person trying to sound like the artist. At first I thought it was "bae" too, but since it happens so often here, I assume it means "the bay." Just yesterday I heard a song that substituted "San Francisco" for "Colorado." Like, okay, it's a local station, but really, you can't just let the song be about loving Colorado?

This one station also has singers imitating artists of popular songs but substituting the words with their call letters. Imagine hearing Bieber's "Sorry" but instead of "is it too late now to say sorry?" you're hearing some bad singer impersonate him with "Wild 94-9, Wild 94-9..." It's really annoying. It takes a lot of work to sound worse than Bieber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Mentioned in another thread...but coworkers that take PTO at the last second and then bitch when it gets denied.

About 2-1/2 weeks ago I put a request into our HR system to have this Friday the 27th off - boss approved the 8 hours PTO, it automatically gets put into a vacation calendar that everyone can see when they log into the HR app. Now there's a rule at my MSP that, since a lot of engineers work in pairs, if one takes the day off the other can't take the same day off because that leaves nobody for primary client support. It's also required at least 2 weeks advanced notice so we can plan around someone's absence and make sure we have enough help.

This past Tuesday, the idiot engineer I work with, who has a bad habit of NOT using the HR system to input time and goes right to our boss instead with an excuse at the last minute, tells me "BTW I'm taking a half day PTO this Friday"

:v: Oh really? I already took the whole day off and put it in 2 weeks ago. It's been on the HR calendar the whole time.
:byodood: *sarcastically* Thanks for telling me, I had plans to go out of town...
:v: You could have logged in any time to see my name on the calendar, and our boss told you more than once that we need to know about PTO 2 weeks in advance.
:byodood: My login hasn't been working so I've had to go to <boss> to request time off
:v: Not my problem, tell <boss> or HR about your login so they can fix it. This last second PTO request garbage is getting old and you've been doing it for MONTHS.
:byodood: Guess I'll have to tell my wife our plans changed...
:v: I guess so!

gently caress that stupid poo poo, you wanna play dumb about procedures and giving adequate notice, you deserve to get verbally slapped down. Same idiot pulled this poo poo twice last September/October and the boss felt sorry for him and let him go. Not any more fucker, you can follow protocol like the rest of us.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 18:50 on May 25, 2016