Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah, and then you can get some other Salon writer to post an article like "See what this gamer is tweeting about the Angry Birds movie" and be double internet famous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I thought that was a pretty funny catch that they got me with quite a few times. Using Axii on someone in a group probably isn't going to end well because everyone can see that you just brain-hosed their friend.

Yeah, it's really clever. And once you pick up on the pattern you pointed out--using Axii on someone in a group is probably a bad idea--it's easy to predict when using Axii is a good idea vs. a bad idea. I love that Axii is now just one possible solution and isn't always the best one, because it adds some decision-making to it instead of making it the "use your magical convincing skill to get out of this" button.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've used Axii once so far. I got experience from it, but then I felt bad and reloaded. Then I used my words and the conversation ended in fisticuffs, which I didn't get experience from (I think). Seems to me there's an imbalance here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blood Money is the good Hitman game, right?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Hitman is the good Hitman

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can't trick me into playing the first one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

You can't trick me into playing the first one.

They mean the new one, which is quite sick.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

So Angry Birds and Ratchet and Clank turned out to be stinkers and WoW and Assassin's Creed are both still unfortunatelly ahead of us.

Like, how much of a disaster will WoW movie be?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The wow movie looks horrific

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

They mean the new one, which is quite sick.

I forgot that was just called Hitman. I'm waiting til it's all out first.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Palpek posted:

So much so that, and stick with me on this, the people will say "WoW, what a bad movie".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Yeah. I liked Zowie Bowie's first two films too. Hollywood ruins everything.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

it needed to be made so david bowie's kid could get the monies to fund his sick neo-noir detective story about a mute stellan skarsgaard trying to kill paul rudd.

I would have seen it if it was the interesting warcraft poo poo like in W3 since I know nothing about the story previously.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Jay Rust posted:

I've used Axii once so far. I got experience from it, but then I felt bad and reloaded. Then I used my words and the conversation ended in fisticuffs, which I didn't get experience from (I think). Seems to me there's an imbalance here.
One thing you should know when playing is to mostly ignore extra XP rewards in the game. The main story quests are rigged to level you up and everything else is pretty meaningless. This is specifically important when you hit a point in the game when you'll start outleveling side-quests and their rewards will become greyed out in your journal which feels discouraging. Do them anyway for the stories, you will make up for that 'lost' XP with the big missions and many of those side-quests are the best content in the game.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

It somehow gets even worse looking with every trailer I see. It's just going to be such crap. Warcraft isn't even a franchise that should be hard to adapt to film, surely you could just paint a guy green and put an actual actor in there. It worked for Lord of the Rings. Or just do the whole movie as a CG thing like Beowulf. Doing this Mary Poppins-esque nonsense is dumb.

And has anyone seen the trailer for this new show coming to Fox? About a He-Man looking cartoon guy who somehow lives in the real world? My god, it looks dreadful. It's almost like something out of a Tim and Eric sketch, but long and drawn out and the whole time you just see people reacting to a cartoon man they clearly can't see and it's not funny, it's just awkward.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I forgot that was just called Hitman. I'm waiting til it's all out first.

That's fair. I actually quite the episodic structure, because I've never played a hitman and bought the 10 buck starter chapter on a whim and really liked it, and now when I will get bored of trying out extra challenges and stuff in that map I can move onto another.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

for anyone on the fence about Hitman, take a look at my angry dad spree that ends in soupcan murder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NaYnrLf-6c

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish more games did the piecemeal purchase option. Like I wanna play Doom kinda but I will never play the boring multiplayer. So I wish I could just pay half price or something for SP. BLOPSIII actually did this and let me just buy the multi for like 15 bucks and I hope all CODs do that going forward.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Palpek posted:

So Angry Birds and Ratchet and Clank turned out to be stinkers and WoW and Assassin's Creed are both still unfortunatelly ahead of us.

Well, I mean, it looks ridiculous. I think making it take place during the RTS phase of that world's history was probably a smart move, because the writing in the MMO is all over the place, and necessarily forces the world's major players to kind of take a back seat to your squad of randos controlled by the players.

The story of Warcraft 1 is so barebones that you can kind of mold it into whatever you want, and you can flesh it out by pulling from information that was added/revealed in later games. I think the worst thing they can do is try to make it another LotR about a plucky audience stand-in shmuck who meets everybody's favorite characters Forrest Gump-style; I'd imagine it's either that, a dumb, but visually interesting, cgi action film, or an actual attempt at making like a war drama film that explores the good and bad sides of both factions.

You would think that Blizzard would take steps to make sure that their IP is treated pretty well, except that Blizzard's actual writers are kind of hackish these days, so it's really a mystery to me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh I'd forgotten I bought Afterburner Climax before it got pulled :unsmith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sakurazuka posted:

Blood Money was the best Hitman, the new "Hitman" (god I hate when they drop all numbers and subtitles) is pretty much literally Blood Money 2 and is exactly what the fans wanted, which is good because Absolution claimed it was going to be blood money 2 and then really loving wasn't. But then it didn't do so hot and they went and asked the fans what to do.

There's only 2 missions out right now but they're brilliant. They're way bigger than a blood money level and structured in exactly the same way. You can buy the episodes as you go so I dunno, I think its pretty cool. You might be surprised by how many hours you can sink in already with just the 2 levels, and the 3rd level (Marrakesh) is coming very soon.

When there was just Paris I would say hold off, but now that Sapienza, Italy is out, that map is incredible.

Plus they have these cool "elusive target" events going on where you only get a short 48 hour window to kill somebody, you only get one try, and you can't mess it up. Its pretty tense. They're not just repeats of the main missions either, they come up with a whole new target and even give him custom new dialogue and pathing and stuff.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Zaphod42 posted:

Blood Money was the best Hitman, the new "Hitman" (god I hate when they drop all numbers and subtitles)
Next Hitman will be called Hitman One.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Palpek posted:

"The Hitman"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hitman Revelations

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
H1tman Origins

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Palpek posted:

They called the 9th Hitman Hitman.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Playing Morrowind. What's that attacking me? I can't see anything.

Oh... It's the tiniest rat.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/16/why-thailands-military-coup-is-great-for-the-countrys-mobile-gaming/

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

thehoodie posted:

Playing Morrowind. What's that attacking me? I can't see anything.

Oh... It's the tiniest rat.

haha what the hell, by the way do you use any cool mods that you can recommend?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

gross but :capitalism:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

metal gear rising 2 where the plot twist is mobile game developers are funding a war

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

let's go further into VR games in the Rising sequel since that's in the news

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Golden Goat posted:

Turns out the lesson you learn from the Angry Birds film is that you should always be suspicious of foreigners moving into your neighborhood.

Zootopia was about how minorities are one drug trip away from becoming spree killers.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Zootopia was about how minorities are one drug trip away from becoming spree killers.

Ratchet & Clank was about how Insomniac should never go into movies.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

setafd posted:

let's go further into VR games in the Rising sequel since that's in the news

MGS2 already covered that ground 15 years ago

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Palpek posted:

R&C wasn't much of a stinker from what I heard, just amazingly average. Which is unfortunately because the CGI in it looks great, but they also included scenes from the movie into the remade game so that's kind of weird.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

In Training posted:

MGS2 already covered that ground 15 years ago

You mean mgs: Vr missions the game already covered. Mgs:substance Vr missions trained me to be a god a mgs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

http://kotaku.com/halo-5s-forge-map-creator-is-coming-to-pc-but-not-halo-1777581863

:rip: Xbone

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"One very cool part of the Halo series is coming to the PC this year, but you’ll still need to own an Xbox One to take full advantage of it. It’s a step in the right direction!"

So I'll be playing a PC game that requires me to own an Xbox One, and that's good.

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Did you guys even read the article? It's the Halo Forge that's coming to PC, which is the map editor. You can't play Halo 5 on pc, but you will be able to make maps on your pc instead of on your XBOne, which sounds like it could be a big improvement.

• Locked thread