Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

NtotheTC posted:

Getting that stressed and miserable while playing a video game and making 6 figures.

lmao people get stressed out and miserable over cs without earning a single cent from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Yeah he makes a lot of money doing what literal hundreds of thousands of people do for free every day.

Plus he's got his fingers crossed for professional Overwatch. Already on a team and making the right friends, former/current pro TF2 players and the like. It's probably the best thing for him as a person, honestly. He has a strong desire to compete and Overwatch doesn't make him miserable in the way CSGO does (yet).

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

GreyPowerVan posted:

seeing as how he will probably make six figures for the next 2-5 years and has been doing it for 2+ years already -- probably work part time and coast for the rest of their lives?

haha you think he's saving money.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

SealHammer posted:

Overwatch doesn't make him miserable in the way CSGO does (yet).
same

e: s1mples old new team almost winning a series against VP and will probably beat SK here.

e2: and a pistol round ace on cache

mcvey fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 19, 2016

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

SealHammer posted:

Plus he's got his fingers crossed for professional Overwatch. Already on a team and making the right friends, former/current pro TF2 players and the like.

Betting it all on the professional overwatch. Maybe it will become as big as professional TF2 so he can make garbage money on it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I don't think steel was hurting for money before his twitch stream took off

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

steel and dazed and other streamers who rage are stupid assholes and I don't get why they're so popular. There's plenty of good players who don't rage that you can watch, why spend your time viewing these miserable fucks?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
because its funny

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
stream personality

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Astralis/Dignitas roster swap, -/+cajunb +/-kjaerbye

Interesting

symbolic fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 19, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Definitely potential for that to work out, Kjaerbye is pretty nuts.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

MrSmokes posted:

steel and dazed and other streamers who rage are stupid assholes and I don't get why they're so popular. There's plenty of good players who don't rage that you can watch, why spend your time viewing these miserable fucks?

Steel might be a raging thundercunt but lmao if you don't realize he's the best igl/strat caller in NA and that's why people watch him

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Steel: people watch him because he's the smartest retard.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

SealHammer posted:

Steel might be a raging thundercunt but lmao if you don't realize he's the best igl/strat caller in NA and that's why people watch him

that's probably dazed

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Both steel and dazed are two of the most intelligent NA players and you can often learn something from how they call strats or at least see them wreck fellow idiot NA players.

Or you can watch them punch a hole in their table, which is also entertaining. Sometimes they'll give you a lovely knife as well.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

get wrecked navi.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

dex_sda posted:

get wrecked navi.

That smoke defuse, though.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I watch steel because he made good tutorial videos once. Other then that lol what a tool

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I can stalk a corner and occasionally get a kill, but man I can't peek for poo poo.

How do you learn how to hit people when you don't know where they are? I'm losing a lot of silver 3 duels here.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

The Ferret King posted:

I can stalk a corner and occasionally get a kill, but man I can't peek for poo poo.

How do you learn how to hit people when you don't know where they are? I'm losing a lot of silver 3 duels here.

Repetition, there's only so many spots you can stand/hide in, and certain spots are more likely to contain a player than others because of various reasons. Basically, you will aim at the most likely places first and round the corner in a manner consistent with your situation, i.e. slow peak and check everything if you've got time and you're not facing an awper staring at where you are.

basically, keep playing and you'll figure out where they will be (most likely) and where your crosshair should be so that your bullets meet their face.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

MF_James posted:

Repetition, there's only so many spots you can stand/hide in, and certain spots are more likely to contain a player than others because of various reasons. Basically, you will aim at the most likely places first and round the corner in a manner consistent with your situation, i.e. slow peak and check everything if you've got time and you're not facing an awper staring at where you are.

basically, keep playing and you'll figure out where they will be (most likely) and where your crosshair should be so that your bullets meet their face.

You are correct, but I think this is only secondary to the fact that crosshair placement in general is incredibly important.

Are you tracing the corners of walls as you're moving rather than staring straight ahead at nothing? Crosshair placement alone will get you into DMG.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

You are correct, but I think this is only secondary to the fact that crosshair placement in general is incredibly important.

Are you tracing the corners of walls as you're moving rather than staring straight ahead at nothing? Crosshair placement alone will get you into DMG.

Yeah you're right, especially since he's silver.

Basically, what he's saying is, don't have your crosshair at the ground (are you going to shoot some guy that's prone in CSGO?) and instead of coming around the corner looking at stuff you're already exposed to, have the crosshair on the corner so you have the least amount of movement to make to hit a guy that just comes into view.

Basically, your goal is to move your mouse as little as possible because your hand/wrist/arm are dumb and bad at moving and you're also slow to react to poo poo.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The Ferret King posted:

Did you look at any of the videos about crosshair placement? you might get surprised at a position going around the corner but in a generic early round situation your crosshair won't be that far away from where they are. After that its just down to nerves, bullet control, distance from the corner and of course fps, latency and packet loss.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Been working on crosshair placement for a couple years. Some days I do it better than others I guess.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Ferret King posted:

Flashes are important too, even if they don't lose vision, they will be forced to look away or back off the corner. Learn the corners people hold, and learn to pop-flash.

Also, yeah, crosshair placement.

edit: don't do what Novas do and flash, then stand around picking their nose before pushing. wtf novas. flash and move out in the same motion.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

Flashes are important too, even if they don't lose vision, they will be forced to look away or back off the corner. Learn the corners people hold, and learn to pop-flash.

Also, yeah, crosshair placement.

edit: don't do what Novas do and flash, then stand around picking their nose before pushing. wtf novas. flash and move out in the same motion.

Can't move out. I flashed my self because I live in merica so I'm inflicted with NACS nade syndrome.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
one of my friends is a legit 1g (as in was in the irc channel back in the day, proven and all that) and sometimes he tags #1g as his steam group

some kid was like "oh yeah nice job ripping off summit dude", completely adamant about it

gently caress summit for making 1g a meme

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
whats 1g

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

online friend posted:

one of my friends is a legit 1g (as in was in the irc channel back in the day, proven and all that) and sometimes he tags #1g as his steam group

some kid was like "oh yeah nice job ripping off summit dude", completely adamant about it

gently caress summit for making 1g a meme

does your friend go by the online posting alias "online friend"?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

1st generation cs

back when everyone was using irc for pickups/scrims/etc irc clubs were a big thing and 1g was the most exclusive

Spiros posted:

does your friend go by the online posting alias "online friend"?

no i dont play with myself

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
So uh is there a way to get into sub.io when the server is handing me this error? Server is running an older version, client version 13534, server version 13533

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

NTT posted:

So uh is there a way to get into sub.io when the server is handing me this error? Server is running an older version, client version 13534, server version 13533

No, it means the server needs an update.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

online friend posted:

1st generation cs

back when everyone was using irc for pickups/scrims/etc irc clubs were a big thing and 1g was the most exclusive

ahhhhh, those were the days.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

A TURGID FATSO posted:

ahhhhh, those were the days.

i mostly played day of defeat and the most exclusive club there was dodealers or [dd]

there were some pretty insane players in [dd]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M24WF_v3yY0

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sterster posted:

Can't move out. I flashed my self because I live in merica so I'm inflicted with NACS nade syndrome.

we should start a support group for erektile dysfunction

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Inferno has been upgraded to Hell.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
god loving damnit just make inferno like 1.6 inferno already

:corsair:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Suran37 posted:

Inferno has been upgraded to Hell.

I refuse to believe that this is real.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I refuse to believe that this is real.

Obviously not, straight up copy of nuke style and they radically changed the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, well I played in "beta" when it was still just a mod and you had to buy the ammo for your weapons. You bought the wrong ammo? SUCKS TO BE YOU! 1g is a bunch of Johnny Come Latelys.