Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RYang
Dec 5, 2012
I saw a lux use her ult to try to steal blue from her own jungle fiddlesticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Taliyah probably has a low winrate as a result of a bunch of things

1) Her ult. The ability for someone to just completely ruin a teamfight for her team is so high, and every Taliyah I see rides the wall right into the fight for some reason and instantly dies.

2) Her W+E combo feels absolutely awful.

3) Her Q is kinda like a lucian ult but lucian can actually reposition while using it so it's useful. Hitting a full shot with Taliyah is extremely unlikely, and you are punished heavily for using this opportunistically rather than optimally.

4) Her mana costs feel way high.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Firebert posted:

From what I've seen, she has little room for error in her combos because the scaling on her abilities is poor and she has a utility passive and ult. She can absolutely burst someone 100-0 but it's reliant on getting max damage out of her E-W combo and following that up by a Q on unworked ground.

She will probably end up getting mana buffs and probably like .1-.2 ap scaling on W in the next couple patches.

yeah the main issue i see with her is that her low cooldown "primary" spell is still heavily gated by the worked ground mechanic unlike someone like ziggs or syndra who can always throw a 250 + 0.7AP Q every few seconds. having a non-damage ult on top of that means she's just a very low damage champion compared to other mages. even with buffs she's gonna be like TF where your ults make or break you

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014

Hermetic posted:

I agree wholeheartedly. I have literally never seen a Lux in one of my games that was a nice person. I had one today that raged out claiming I stole a kill from them in a bot game.

A bot game, for christ's sake.

Like, literally trolled the rest of the game while talking poo poo. Because of one "stolen" kill.

In a bot game.

Lux? Seriously? The true bane of solo queue are Riven and Zed mains. These guys are taking flaming, trolling and whatnot to a new level and I am convinced that there is a special place in hell for them.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You can move while using taliyah Q

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
psa for anyone that is thinking about it: please do not jungle taliyah. it is to no benefit to your team.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Was ADC gnar ever a thing?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

zed mains are actually not an issue as he is banned in something like 85% of games, the qss change effectively removed that champ from the game until they push through some huge rework that breaks like 6 champs to the point people can't ban him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

henkman posted:

You can move while using taliyah Q

yeah but Lucian can actively reposition with his dash, Taliyah just strolls.

Servaetes posted:

psa for anyone that is thinking about it: please do not jungle taliyah. it is to no benefit to your team.

Read my posts I warned you :argh:

Radical posted:

zed mains are actually not an issue as he is banned in something like 85% of games, the qss change effectively removed that champ from the game until they push through some huge rework that breaks like 6 champs to the point people can't ban him

:agreed:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
taliyah's ult looks insanely fun so i hope she turns out well, she's like azir except cool

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Worked Ground feels too significant for the spell's power and cost to me. It lasts too long, is too large, and her Q really doesn't feel like it needs it to be balanced. Worked Ground feels like a weird legacy mechanic from an earlier version of the character they left in. I bet at some point in development she was going to work the ground and that would modify her W and E and maybe ult.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

zed's winrate isn't even great anymore, people just don't want to play against him. i still think rengar is a worse experience overall in the 1-shot champs category but wouldn't be surprised if they both get fundamental changes to their kits

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

zed's winrate isn't even great anymore, people just don't want to play against him. i still think rengar is a worse experience overall in the 1-shot champs category but wouldn't be surprised if they both get fundamental changes to their kits

They just said they are looking at Zed for 6.11. I think you're going to see big changes.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Kashuno posted:

Read my posts I warned you :argh:

Oh I totally didn't see them but yeah. I haven't had one on my team but the ones I've faced against have a jungle start of Krugs > Death to Red > Clear Red > Approach the stolen blue buff > Attempt Wolves > Die to Enemy Jungler at Wolves > ??? > Lose game eventually

the last one changed up the route and went from stolen blue buff > die to gromp

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Hermetic posted:

I agree wholeheartedly. I have literally never seen a Lux in one of my games that was a nice person. I had one today that raged out claiming I stole a kill from them in a bot game.

A bot game, for christ's sake.

Like, literally trolled the rest of the game while talking poo poo. Because of one "stolen" kill.

In a bot game.

What about Lilypichu she seems nice :(

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What about Lilypichu she seems nice :(

I am nice, I played like 50 Lux games at the beginning of the season.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Kashuno posted:

I don't trust you because you said I might be able to do jungle Taliyah and that was THE WORST IDEA

TBF, you DID jungle Taliyah. You just did really poorly. That's not on me.

Anybody can go into the haunted forest and poke the stoner bros, but some champs have an easier time than others.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

ImpAtom posted:

Worked Ground feels too significant for the spell's power and cost to me. It lasts too long, is too large, and her Q really doesn't feel like it needs it to be balanced. Worked Ground feels like a weird legacy mechanic from an earlier version of the character they left in. I bet at some point in development she was going to work the ground and that would modify her W and E and maybe ult.

I think the idea is that they gave her a nice auto-attack for a caster, so her laning is auto-attacking and using cheap Qs from a space of Worked Ground to farm while setting up for a big E/W combo. That being said, the payoff for landing her awesome thing doesn't feel like it's quite there for the difficulty involved.

I will say watching an Ahri obliterate herself dashing across the E field is funny as hell, but dying to the in-air combo as she does it because you had to get so close to place it wasn't.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Zyra support getting S ranks and making Caitlyn players ragequit since 2016 :feelsgood:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

if you are going to play support lee PLEASE use the correct build as detailed below:

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2599651258/203495682?tab=overview

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Zyra support getting S ranks and making Caitlyn players ragequit since 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Missing Link posted:

TBF, you DID jungle Taliyah. You just did really poorly. That's not on me.

Anybody can go into the haunted forest and poke the stoner bros, but some champs have an easier time than others.

I won that game sometimes it felt absolutely amazing and with runic echoes I felt fine clearing but drat it was terrible

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
i had a stupid idea

would gunblade and rageblade work on ekko jungler?

if you build him hybrid you could do some pretty substantial damage with his passive

fishception fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 19, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

wodin posted:

I think the idea is that they gave her a nice auto-attack for a caster, so her laning is auto-attacking and using cheap Qs from a space of Worked Ground to farm while setting up for a big E/W combo. That being said, the payoff for landing her awesome thing doesn't feel like it's quite there for the difficulty involved.

I haven't gotten a chance to play her yet so this is probably a dumb idea, but if she has a great auto attack, kind of crappy AP ratios, and a poo poo-ton of utility in her W, E, and Ult, would she work as some sort of off-lane utility ADC rather than a mage?

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Sperglord Firecock posted:

i had a stupid idea

would gunblade and rageblade work on ekko jungler?

if you build him hybrid you could do some pretty substantial damage with his passive

i'm gonna say this probably is bad because of the changes to rage blade, but maybe with attack speed runes it could be a gimmick that works 50% of the time. idk, those items have a lot of build up and you got no defense. :shrug:

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

2 out of my last 5 ranked games have had an ally jungler forget smite, 1 where my adc selected no masteries.

Wtf is wrong with people.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This owns

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
graves looks different

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

henkman posted:

graves looks different

Yeah they took the cigar out of his mouth :haw:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

SF6 is looking tight

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

SF6 is looking tight

surprise reveal: this is a model for their League fighting game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking forward to a cast of

Lee Sin
Udyr
Garen
Katarina
Zed
Yasuo
Thresh
Lucian
Ekko
Ahri

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

looking forward to a cast of

Lee Sin
Udyr
Garen
Katarina
Zed
Yasuo
Thresh
Lucian
Ekko
Ahri

There is no way they wouldn't include Teemo and maybe Lux.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
loving Vi guys, c'mon...

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the league fighting game is never going to have an issue with projectile characters since everyone will be easily able to close the gap on them

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Aerox posted:

I haven't gotten a chance to play her yet so this is probably a dumb idea, but if she has a great auto attack, kind of crappy AP ratios, and a poo poo-ton of utility in her W, E, and Ult, would she work as some sort of off-lane utility ADC rather than a mage?

She needs a metric gently caress ton of mana to function, and her Aspd scaling is booty so I'm pretty skeptical. It's just a nice smooth AA for a mage with a quick missile (relative to something like Anivia or Malzahar). You never know until you try, though!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this new shop is loving poo poo

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

SlyFrog posted:

In other news, I am slipping in my effort to get back to Silver by playing the same extremely simple champions over and over. I have 8 wins and 1 loss with Nunu jungle, but for some reason played Ekko jungle this morning, because I want to dash around and say, "Look out!". The worst thing that actually could have happened was me winning, because my little pea brain will now conflate that with the idea that I can successfully play Ekko jungle long term.

This will be followed by going 2-8 with Ekko jungle, and being in Bronze IV.

Ekko (especially Tank Ekko or Jungle Ekko) is actually extremely easy to play relative to most champions and the only skill involved is walking into a bush occasionally to throw W and looking at where the running man is relative to you (and however bad you are at keeping track, be assured that your opponents will be even worse at it).

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

this new shop is loving poo poo

It really is

Everything is just so out of place or hidden away, like it too me more than a minute to figure out how to get to runes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014

Ristolaz posted:

Was ADC gnar ever a thing?

Nope.

• Locked thread