Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Imminent career death? Well you've had a good run there ginger, you've certainly got enough coin to live comfortably from that point onward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tanner vs a goddamn tank is pretty loving :black101:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

howe_sam posted:

Tanner vs a goddamn tank is pretty loving :black101:

Yeah I thought this week's episode was pretty fun. That Polaris RZR thing is crazy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Combat Pretzel posted:

That guy sounds like a professional victim.

Hes been accused of getting his old fella out and waving it at people who didn't do things 100% perfectly as punishment. That plus loads of his old staff accusing him of being a systematic bully has given him more to worry about.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, they traded someone who physically assaulted someone for someone who has pretty much sexually assaulted multiple people. Good show BBC.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

bull3964 posted:

So, they traded someone who physically assaulted someone for someone who has pretty much sexually assaulted multiple people. Good show BBC.

So they traded someone who couldn't perform his job with the level of decorum expected by the BBC and replaced him with someone who can.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

serious gaylord posted:

Hes been accused of getting his old fella out and waving it at people who didn't do things 100% perfectly as punishment.
Uh, what sort of mental disability does cause that to happen?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Chris Evans will fix it!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ApathyGifted posted:

So they traded someone who couldn't perform his job with the level of decorum expected by the BBC and replaced him with someone who can.

Lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can't believe Chris Evans's genitals are going to chase Matt LeBlanc around live on television, next Sunday.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Attack of the 100 Foot Stig.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ApathyGifted posted:

You're saying that they're the same, ponce for ponce?

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Xelkelvos posted:

You're saying that they're the same, ponce for ponce?

I'm saying I have no idea what ponce for ponce means because I'm not a cool British person.

I only speak Redneck and Job Interview.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

ApathyGifted posted:

:boom:

I'm probably still going to watch nu-TG, if only for everyone other than Chris Evans. Hopefully they can salvage it.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

ApathyGifted posted:

I'm saying I have no idea what ponce for ponce means because I'm not a cool British person.

I only speak Redneck and Job Interview.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ponce+urban+dictionary&l=1

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Yeah, did that. Still didn't make sense to me in context. The definition of a single word is not necessarily the definition of a phrase containing that word.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ApathyGifted posted:

Yeah, did that. Still didn't make sense to me in context. The definition of a single word is not necessarily the definition of a phrase containing that word.

they traded an idiot for another idiot, is basically the gist.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

hopterque posted:

At least Clarkson was a funny idiot that also knows and has acknowledged many times that he was and still is an idiot.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

hopterque posted:

also it's a play on the phrase "ounce for ounce"

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Xelkelvos posted:

also it's a play on the phrase "ounce for ounce"

Now the sense is made, thanks you and hopterque.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1k6DQQ1gU0

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I will gladly watch Matt LeBlanc be a clueless yet earnest American and Sabine being Sabine.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wait did the bbc version get pushed back again?

I thought they were trying to be out before Amazon presents Gran Turismo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Last I heard was may 29

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cojawfee posted:

Last I heard was may 29

And BBCA announced it'll be on in the US on May 30th.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah, Sunday 29th at 8 PM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07dwp1f

quote:

In the first show of the new series, Chris Evans takes the Dodge Viper ACR to the home of Top Gun in Nevada, to battle Sabine Schmitz in a Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Matt LeBlanc tackles wildest Morocco in Somerset's finest off-roader, the Ariel Nomad.

Back on British soil, Evans and LeBlanc take a rather soggy road trip to Blackpool in a pair of roofless Reliant three-wheelers, whereupon they are tasked with defending the honour of their nations in a series of gruelling UK-versus-USA challenges.

Back in the studio, this week's celebrity guests are Social Network star Jesse Eisenberg and Gordon Ramsey.

So the guest element is -1 cheap car and +1 celebrity...? Looking forward to the other bits though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm actually interested in seeing how it turns out. And then reading all the lame posts of "it's poo poo" from people who didn't bother to watch or only put it on in the background.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cojawfee posted:

I'm actually interested in seeing how it turns out. And then reading all the lame posts of "it's poo poo" from people who didn't bother to watch or only put it on in the background.

:agreed: I'm going to enjoy dickheads whining and trying to suggest how having multiple entertaining shows about cars being thrashed and huge road trips is somehow worse than having just one of them.

Top Gear will more than likely continue in a similar matter but now will be trying extra hard to do cool poo poo because they're up against Clarkson and crew. Clarkson and crew may now have a fire up their collective arse now that may spur them on to do even better stuff. The viewer simply cannot lose.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Looking back at the last couple of Top Gear seasons, maybe they had started resting on their laurels. It's not like Fifth Gear was much of a competitor, the only real competition for gearheads came from streaming shows, like Motortrend and ////////Drive, and then only from a couple of their features and it wasn't much competition in terms of viewers.

Now things have been mixed up a bit, Neo Top Gear has arguably the best part of /Drive in Chris Harris, I'm curious to see how he does on old-school telly.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Except that last season before they were interrupted by fracasgate was one if the best in years. That ambulance bit, for example, was right up there with the best stuff they've ever done.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

88h88 posted:

:agreed: I'm going to enjoy dickheads whining and trying to suggest how having multiple entertaining shows about cars being thrashed and huge road trips is somehow worse than having just one of them.

I think there are 8 "Top Gears" alone.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

GutBomb posted:

Except that last season before they were interrupted by fracasgate was one if the best in years. That ambulance bit, for example, was right up there with the best stuff they've ever done.

Hammond's Patient Cannon was the funniest thing I'd seen on TGUK in a long time.

I'll give new TGUK a chance. I like Sabine and LeBlanc. The only exposure I've had to Chris Evans is when he's been on Top Gear, and he seemed like a total wet blanket.

Twozzok
Jul 18, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4BSlmofgU

So that's where Chris and Rory are.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Still-racist top gear banishes the minority (british) presenters to the "Talking Dead"-style knockoff internet show, and employs an american and a german in the main show. :britain:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

What the gently caress

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I hope they won't just be doing the "extra" online stuff. Seems like a waste.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Well, at least it'll hopefully gets Harris' name and personality more views so he can step in when Evans implodes and the show is short one Chris?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hopefully they get to actually be on the show and not just relegated to the internet part.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm more interested in 'Extra Gear' than I am Top Gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wow that's a terrible decision.