Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Hello Y'all,

Have you accepted Lifting with Occasional Cardio as your Lord and Savior yet? Because once I was like you - fat, weak, and pale - and now, thanks to the good graces of The Most High LWOC I am no longer weak.

Seriously though - if you can run you should. It takes a long time to get good at it but it has a lot of benefits. Also you can do events with women, always a plus.

On Sunday I ran the 12K Bay to Breakers. It was 50,000 people big, crazy costumes, naked people - admittedly mostly dudes who should not be naked but still, and right through some picturesque parts of SF.

Join us in the Shining Benevolence of the Church of LWOC, there's always a seat open for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I did a loving spin class today. What a bunch of poo poo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Booties posted:

I did a loving spin class today. What a bunch of poo poo

WHATS HIS NAME

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Blasting arms, a gym bro I e seen lately working hard is breaking out like crazy and getting some serious size lately. Wonder what's he's pinnin

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer
Your mom

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:eyepop:

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

lovely shoes can DEFINITELY do that to you. If you're on your feet you need to make sure you have good shoes, and even get good gel insoles.

I remember when I started up a 10-hour shift machine operator job, after a couple weeks I was in AGONY whenever I had weight on my feet - until I got good work boots and gel insoles.

3 years and a geotech/environmental job late (some 12 hour shifts, on the feet, etc) - I have never regretted paying extra for good boots and good insoles.

Do you or anyone have and good recommendations? For the most part I'm not really in danger of dropping anything heavy on my feet, so I'm not sure if I should go with something lighter and tennis shoe like, or a work boot. I suppose whatever has the best support for the dollar. I would be willing to drop maybe up to 80-100 bucks, maybe a few more for an insole if they actually help. I don't think I necessarily need a lifting shoe right now, as lifting in socks feels pretty decent to me so far. Just something for being on my feet 50-70 hours a week at work. Right now I have a pair of Nikes that are loving my feet up, so I have no idea how to tell what shoe will be good, even trying them on because you won't know what fucks your poo poo up until you wear them all those hours.

I also came up with the theory that maybe keeping my legs straight so much could have an impact, so anytime I'm doing something that doesn't require constant moving, I may use a stool and alternate putting a knee up on it to alleviate some pressure on my knees/feet.

e: also deadlifted 235x5 tonight, and my knee sleeves seem to still be helping a ton.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 19, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
235kg is respectable even with knee sleeves aka cheating

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

jm20 posted:

Blasting arms, a gym bro I e seen lately working hard is breaking out like crazy and getting some serious size lately. Wonder what's he's pinnin

stop mirin me

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did a bjj class this week. Disappointed that it was not a bj class like I'd hoped.

At least I got to rub on hot dudes.

Gonna sign up, seems like a cool way to use my gainz.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
You want shoes with a flat sole but some padding

imo chuck taylor 2's are the supreme shoe

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

sassassin posted:

Lmao. Lbs, not kgs

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Do you or anyone have and good recommendations? For the most part I'm not really in danger of dropping anything heavy on my feet, so I'm not sure if I should go with something lighter and tennis shoe like, or a work boot. I suppose whatever has the best support for the dollar. I would be willing to drop maybe up to 80-100 bucks, maybe a few more for an insole if they actually help. I don't think I necessarily need a lifting shoe right now, as lifting in socks feels pretty decent to me so far. Just something for being on my feet 50-70 hours a week at work. Right now I have a pair of Nikes that are loving my feet up, so I have no idea how to tell what shoe will be good, even trying them on because you won't know what fucks your poo poo up until you wear them all those hours.

I also came up with the theory that maybe keeping my legs straight so much could have an impact, so anytime I'm doing something that doesn't require constant moving, I may use a stool and alternate putting a knee up on it to alleviate some pressure on my knees/feet.

e: also deadlifted 235x5 tonight, and my knee sleeves seem to still be helping a ton.
A lot of work boot opinion is subjective, but I'm partial to Wolverine work boots.

I suggest you go to a work boot store and talk to the people there, try a lot on (which may be hard or easy depending on where you live).

You don't need to get steeltoes, but a good pair of work boots will run you about 80-100, probably. (Some people like red wings, but personally I don't have clown shoes for feet so they're terrible for me.)

Booties posted:

Lmao. Lbs, not kgs
Pretty sure he knows.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
99% of the world uses the metric system. Please join us in the 21st century, Obama.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

99% of the world uses the metric system. Please join us in the 21st century, Obama.

99% of the world can suck it

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

sassassin posted:

There is no way the US and England are 1% of the world.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
top 1% definitely

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
How hard is it to remember that a gallon is 128 ounces? Or it is 4 quarts, 8 pints, or 16 cups? It's so natural. Double double double.

But a pint is also 16oz. Because gently caress you

Roll tide

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a bloo bloo weights so heavy what the conversion *falls down on treadmill*

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

notZaar posted:

There is no way the US and England are 1% of the world.

England is officially metric apart from road signs.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
im the girl who curls 5 pound dumbbells while walking on the treadmill

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
never upping the weight or going faster than 3mph

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Im the girl who jerks and cleans my snatch. Or jerks my snatch. A clean jerk of the snatch

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm probably a girl.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I decided to cut for my honeymoon. 10 lbs from now ro June 24th. Teach me the new way, swole goons.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Starting after I eat this large order of general tso chicken

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Just bulk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i have had good but not great gym seshs so far this week and i just realized i havent had any salami all week

hit up the store for water, milk, and some salami on the way home today. :getin:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Booties posted:

I decided to cut for my honeymoon. 10 lbs from now ro June 24th. Teach me the new way, swole goons.

eat less or do more cardio or do both

alternatively, you can try the new duck slaughter diet,

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booties posted:

Bacon time all the time. :getin:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

the sleeves absolutely don't make the weight feel any lighter or me any stronger. if my option is use the sleeves, or stop deadlifting/squatting, well the answer is obvious, but even if they continue to help i will eventually try to ween myself of them.

and enough about your girlfriends weight as well.

also my knees and everything felt great today for some reason, despite the fact i was tired yesterday and didn't bother with any post workout stretching/mobility. I did however go to bed about 1.5 hours earlier, so maybe i just need some more sleep

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Booties posted:

Might just be easier to fatten your groom.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Instead of gyming this morning, looks like we moved up the schedule and I'mma be squattin' some furniture. Woo.

E: gently caress it, I'm going to the gym too. Nobody can stop me!

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Booties posted:

Lots of cardio. Jump rope, treadmill, elliptical, stair master, bikes, just keep your heart rate elevated for longer than 10 minutes and get a good sweat going. I do any of those in between every exercise, mostly just cause I love getting a good lather of sweat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just reduce your salami intake

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Boko Haram posted:

Lots of cardio. Jump rope, treadmill, elliptical, stair master, bikes, just keep your heart rate elevated for longer than 10 minutes and get a good sweat going. I do any of those in between every exercise, mostly just cause I love getting a good lather of sweat.

shut up about your loving fetishes jesus christ

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Today I'm gonna try to do 8 reps of deadlift.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Chinatown posted:

just reduce your salami intake

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

notZaar posted:

Today I'm gonna try to do 8 reps of deadlift.

all at once?? careful bro

• Locked thread