Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

in triple h's mind he's as big of a star as the rock and steve austin and i think thats adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HHH at his peak was a world class wrestler and is still very good, however the HHH formula for an epic main event just never works.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

CombineThresher posted:

HHH also isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is, especially at this stage of his career, and he hasn't been able to carry lesser/more limited workers in over 10 years.

dean ambrose

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRafTer posted:

HHH at his peak was a world class wrestler and is still very good, however the HHH formula for an epic main event just never works.

HHH's formula might have worked if the crowd didn't hate Reigns and hadn't already been trained to not invest themselves into anything involving HHH because he just no-sells it on TV anyway. His match against Daniel Bryan and the 6-mans he was in against the Shield were great, and yet he refuses to learn anything from his numerous main event stinkers where he calls slow, boring matches that kill the crowd.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

It has worked in the past, it just requires that he be taking on one of the best wrestlers in the world in a feud that's red hot where he is utterly despised but odds of him winning are high despite that.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Cardboard Box posted:

in triple h's mind he's as big of a star as the rock and steve austin and i think thats adorable

hey now, don't you remember when the tide turned in the monday night wars when hhh drove a tank into wcw?

sure steve austin was kinda big but he was only lucky enough to ride a cultural wave with the rise of south park and the antihero. people were really tuning in to vicariously live through him beating up the boss. in fact, you could say hhh and vince won the monday night wars.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Every time I think back on Triple H's main event formula I'm reminded that he faced the Undertaker twice in a row and how theyre combined to be an hour long

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Call Me Charlie posted:

hey now, don't you remember when the tide turned in the monday night wars when hhh drove a tank into wcw?

sure steve austin was kinda big but he was only lucky enough to ride a cultural wave with the rise of south park and the antihero. people were really tuning in to vicariously live through him beating up the boss. in fact, you could say hhh and vince won the monday night wars.

Triple H dealt the final blow when he beat old man sting at wrestlemania

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
anyone given shoemaker's new podcast a listen yet?

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

WadeBartender posted:

Didn't Meltzer say that Triple H wanted Reigns as the guy? and Vince wanted to pick Big E as the next guy?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Taste is taste but I thought Dave was crazy for that "meh" response to Bayley/Nia Jax.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Spermgod posted:

Taste is taste but I thought Dave was crazy for that "meh" response to Bayley/Nia Jax.

Nia is still a limited worker but she works so drat well with Bayley.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
"Lance is one cute furry."

- Bryan Alvarez, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

My main thought is that while I'm sure it will be good if Nakamura treats it like a big match instead of a house show, Aries really hasn't shown me that much recently that would get me that excited for their matchup.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Spermgod posted:

https://twitter.com/polwres/status/733535950567919618

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Big Dave should go back to selling bears and leave NXT to the professionals.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lmao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why is MSL a person that has opinions broadcast on a media source? His entire rant about why CM Punk is a mark for trying to do UFC is dumb as gently caress.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MSL is Court's money mark.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

MSL is Court's money mark.

How the gently caress did that guy get enough money to fund a trip to Dairy Queen, much less a podcast network? He is incredibly easy to dislike.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

rotinaj posted:

How the gently caress did that guy get enough money to fund a trip to Dairy Queen, much less a podcast network? He is incredibly easy to dislike.

He comes from a ridiculously wealthy Canadian family.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

He comes from a ridiculously wealthy Canadian family.

Everything comes together. I see. No wonder Court was so desperate to get MSL back when he and Konnan had their fight.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rotinaj posted:

You know how Chinese Democracy got leaked on the internet?

That was MSL

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

exploding mummy posted:

You know how Chinese Democracy got leaked on the internet?

That was MSL

How does that make him rich? If anything, he should be poor from all the lawsuits.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He also may or may not have banged So Cal Val

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Poor So Cal Val.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Granny can't tell the difference between Bryan as a teenager and in his 30s.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

exploding mummy posted:

Granny can't tell the difference between Bryan as a teenager and in his 30s.

Well neither can I

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Have fun in Invicta" is the new "bye Felicia"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bryan loved carlitos gimmick so much!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

"Have fun in Invicta" is the new "bye Felicia"

but Invicta is really fun? I'd wanna go hang out with Julie Kedzie and Tonya Evinger too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

but Invicta is really fun? I'd wanna go hang out with Julie Kedzie and Tonya Evinger too.

Oh it's fine, but the way Bryan said it just cracked me up. It was about Cyborg's terrible career decisions if you haven't heard it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh it's fine, but the way Bryan said it just cracked me up. It was about Cyborg's terrible career decisions if you haven't heard it.

I don't listen to Bryan. At all. he's pretty stupid and can't be bothered to factcheck his mouth.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
But he's right in this case

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

I don't listen to Bryan. At all. he's pretty stupid and can't be bothered to factcheck his mouth.

Do you listen to Big Dave? Because Big Dave crapped on her too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they aren't saying invicta is bad they're saying cyborg is wasting her time there when she could have made a grip of money in the ufc already

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

She went to Invicta in 2013. All she had to was make 135 twice without dying to earn a million dollars.

Vinny is not aware of dank memes. :ohdear:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Cyborg has literally thrown away 98 percent of her potential earnings by not cutting to 135. Dave and Bryan haven't buried her enough, IMO

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnrI1l6qvO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

I love this so much. Please give Tito Ortiz live mics forever.

• Locked thread