Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Helicon One posted:

did anything interesting get discussed/revealed on CCP's dumb show or was it the usual hour of bad memes and autofellatio?
it was basically content-free garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I wish I had time to log in and do some stuff. I wanna try exploration. Will problem die so much.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

LemonDrizzle posted:

it was basically content-free garbage

was there plenty of CCP Guard doing his best robot impression

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
activate smile muscles

pause pause pause

blink

pause pause pause

Hello and welcome to the oh seven show, I'm your host

pause pause pause

CCP Guard

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

vandalism posted:

I wish I had time to log in and do some stuff. I wanna try exploration. Will problem die so much.

exploration is pretty chill. just keep an eye on local and make sure you can fit a cov op cloak

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Goatman Sacks posted:

If you're that desperate to get back in please send reparation payments to Xrensa for the supercaps your awoxing killed, I know a guy

I don't want to sound negative but I feel that the alliance I'm currently in allows me to have more fun than if I were in your alliance

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

I don't want to sound negative but I feel that the alliance I'm currently in allows me to have more fun than if I were in your alliance

i guess technically since they let you in and xrensa there is weakly attempting to scam you you're right?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
I want to start playing Eve again but every corp I've ever been in it's been terribly difficult to actually get in on multiplayer adventures or to make friends in corp. I would love to be in huge space battles and be a part of a corp that is important to the meta-game, but it seems pretty impossible unless I started playing with those corps 7 years ago. Am I wrong or dumb or pessimistic?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zaradis posted:

I want to start playing Eve again but every corp I've ever been in it's been terribly difficult to actually get in on multiplayer adventures or to make friends in corp. I would love to be in huge space battles and be a part of a corp that is important to the meta-game, but it seems pretty impossible unless I started playing with those corps 7 years ago. Am I wrong or dumb or pessimistic?

You can join goonfleet today: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773673 We don't get as many new players as we used to, but we're always open to new people from SA :v:

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

evilweasel posted:

You can join goonfleet today: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773673 We don't get as many new players as we used to, but we're always open to new people from SA :v:

I plan on joining you guys once my SA account is active enough. Gonna probably join Karmafleet first though.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Nazareth posted:

I plan on joining you guys once my SA account is active enough. Gonna probably join Karmafleet first though.

Have you considered a name change to a D name?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

frozenphil posted:

hold on, don't say things you can't take back

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, I think my SA account needs more activity. Soon though. That's the plan, at least. Thanks!

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Zaradis posted:

Yeah, I think my SA account needs more activity. Soon though. That's the plan, at least. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about it homie. Just apply and see what happens :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you want to play the game you don't need to wait and post more, just go play the game with any of the other Goon groups that don't really care about that. They're just as open to new players and are as active.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zaradis posted:

Just go for it bro, as long as you don't post like Paco Vato you'll be ok.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I heard a rumor DBRB got shitcanned. c/d?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

as if

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zaradis posted:

:justpost:

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

sorry wrong thread so many tabs!

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

:negative:
WHAT SORT OF MONSTROUS BEING WOULD DO THAT?!

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

please dont troll me

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Just go for it bro, as long as you don't post like Paco Vato you'll be ok.

Agreed, though that would make this is a total case of "don't drive like my brother" except I'm the one giving you the advice and are therefore my own brother. It's impossible to be your own brother, though you can be your own uncle -- which I am. Hopefully this explains my posting.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

vyst posted:

Unless it happened in the time since I logged off at work (4:30 pacific) this is untrue

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zaradis posted:

You are fine from what i recall of the rules of thumb.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Unless it happened in the time since I logged off at work (4:30 pacific) this is untrue

Nope it's true, he's been reduced to just playing Civ V now.

Civ V

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

frozenphil posted:

Dazareth?
(I don't get what you're referencing, sorry. IGN is Naz al-Ghul)

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Nazareth posted:

Dazareth?
(I don't get what you're referencing, sorry. IGN is Naz al-Ghul)

"D-name poster" is a thread meme because there was this strange consistency of all the posters who had names that started with "D" making bad posts.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For example, see Deadtear's posts.

:v:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
NOT A D NAME FUCKER :mad:

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Paco Vato posted:

"D-name poster" is a thread meme because there was this strange consistency of all the posters who had names that started with "D" making bad posts.

how does it feel knowing you are also a thread meme

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

how does it feel knowing you are also a thread meme

it doesn't bother me at all really. Though I did feel bad for VG because you can tell he doesn't want to probate people so I'm gonna post better. The only thing that truly endures throughout these pages for any real period of time is either the "grr goons" or "grr nongoons" argument, which we'll be having until the end of time.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
shut up paco

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

shut the gently caress up paco

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Thanks for setting them straight fam.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

courtesy of apples from #zulu

Looks like he found his safe space to post in good friends

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Syndic Thrass posted:

courtesy of apples from #zulu

Looks like he found his safe space to post in good friends

Psy Squad is going to be all over him for that flair.

:rip: Daco.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

suicide squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Psy squad?

• Locked thread