Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

MikeC posted:

This birthday card sums up why the Witcher is great. Anyone who has played all 3 games can name almost all the characters at a glance because they are all characters people care about. If you were to strip the characters away, the core gameplay is actually not great in any respect. The combat is serviceable but hardly groundbreaking. The world building is phenomenal and makes even old clunkers like Witcher 1 worth playing.

Who is the guy in plate armor on the same bench as Siegfried?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm probably mistaken but my guess would be Jacques de Aldersberg. The giant space marine pauldrons isn't a common appearance.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Isn't he the time traveling guy from Witcher 1?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, I think you guys are right. Good call.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
For whatever reason I'm drawing a blank on the guy with the long beard above Geralt to the left of Gaunter O'Dimm and to the right of Eskel.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Would have preferred him as Alvin.

Curious that Keira didn't make it when other fringe characters like Berangar did.

edit: actually a lot of the lodge didn't make it. Only see Phillipa outside Triss and Yen

havenwaters posted:

For whatever reason I'm drawing a blank on the guy with the long beard above Geralt to the left of Gaunter O'Dimm and to the right of Eskel.

Kalkstein

MikeC fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 20, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

MikeC posted:

Would have preferred him as Alvin.

Curious that Keira didn't make it when other fringe characters like Berangar did.

edit: actually a lot of the lodge didn't make it. Only see Phillipa outside Triss and Yen

Kalkstein

Sile's hat is at the bottom :eng101:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

(with the exception of Geralt's shouting during the scene where Yennefer almost sinks Ard Skellig. He just sounded goofy)

This was such a weird moment. The only part where Geralt's voice acting sounded so bad that it actually bothered me. Triss is the worst offender though. "Her?! Here?! No. Impossible."

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Who is the bald guy left of Shani/ below Siegfried? Could the ba Thaler, but hard to tell. Don't recognise the guy directly behind Adda and the Lady of the Lake.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

This was such a weird moment. The only part where Geralt's voice acting sounded so bad that it actually bothered me. Triss is the worst offender though. "Her?! Here?! No. Impossible."
Look at these scrubs not playing the game with Polish voice acting :smuggo:.

Also how come we don't have some kind of Witcher 3 SA smilie yet?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Fell into an inescapable hole in a swamp.

I tried calling Roach over to see if I could climb onto him(her?), but he won't get any closer. This is the only spot in the hole where you can stand up, but you cannot jump. All I can do is swim around, I can't grab the ledge or drown myself.

This is where it is on the map.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Palpek posted:

Look at these scrubs not playing the game with Polish voice acting :smuggo:.

Also how come we don't have some kind of Witcher 3 SA smilie yet?

What would it even be? :shepspends: but a rock troll holding Gwent cards?

e: :lambert: as a scrolling 'what a prick' like :wtf:

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 09:10 on May 20, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A pantsless peasant ala :goku:

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Something something Gotta catch 'em all! With Gwent and/or sex cards.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Roach doing push ups.
I think Palpek has a gif of that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, there should be a main one with Roach or something like this but Witcher-themed:
:darksouls:

Give me a good idea and I'll make it.

The other should be a :temeria: flag with Roche crying that I just made:

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Palpek posted:

Downright praiseworthy :thumbsup:

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Palpek posted:

Yeah, there should be a main one with Roach or something like this but Witcher-themed:
:darksouls:

Give me a good idea and I'll make it.

Zoltan going "Plow yourself!" or "Why do pricks go into cunts?" Or just Roach and "The Witcher", so it's an imitation of :darksouls:

Definitely that one you just made, well done.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hommando posted:

Fell into an inescapable hole in a swamp.

I tried calling Roach over to see if I could climb onto him(her?), but he won't get any closer. This is the only spot in the hole where you can stand up, but you cannot jump. All I can do is swim around, I can't grab the ledge or drown myself.

This is where it is on the map.

That exact hole caused me to reload back at launch. There is a mod on the Nexus that lets you jump in shallow water that might help.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Levantine posted:

That exact hole caused me to reload back at launch. There is a mod on the Nexus that lets you jump in shallow water that might help.

I just loaded my most recent save. Thankfully the game auto-saves when you quick travel.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That hole made me so mad

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure there are more out there too, I know I got stuck in one that wasn't that one

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I'm pretty sure there are more out there too, I know I got stuck in one that wasn't that one

Was it a ship on Skellige? I remember a lot of people had problems with that and it was fixed in a patch. Don't know why they didn't just let you jump in shallow water, rather than trying to fix the geometry of different 3 foot deep puddles.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ok, I went with something that starts seriously but ends with a funny gwent twist:

:witcher:

:temeria:

Somebody do the needful.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 20, 2016

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I got my hands on one of the books, Blood of Elves. I'm not sure which book it is in the series but am glad to see all the back story and the letter from Yennefer is amazing.

Your friend.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That one ship off the beach was among more notorious stuck locations. Geralt is stuck swimming up stairs, never able to grab the deck.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

GuyUpNorth posted:

That one ship off the beach was among more notorious stuck locations. Geralt is stuck swimming up stairs, never able to grab the deck.

I like to think of it as punishment for being dumb enough to do underwater treasure hunts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Artelier posted:

I got my hands on one of the books, Blood of Elves. I'm not sure which book it is in the series but am glad to see all the back story and the letter from Yennefer is amazing.

Your friend.

*dear* friend.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Palpek posted:

Ok, I went with something that starts seriously but ends with a funny gwent twist:

:witcher:

:temeria:

Somebody do the needful.

Oh man, I love the first one.

I would totally drop the dosh but I'm tapped out for a couple of months.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

We need a friendly mod. Where can I find one of those?

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

Artelier posted:

Your friend.

Ciri's letter was a great contrast, too. Dear Geralt, today I ate broth!!! :):):)

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I got stuck in one of the washing ponds of that cloth washing woman... I lost an hour of game play

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Question about the skill tree: When I have a skill 5/5, and the next tier pops up, if I equip the next tier at 1/5, is my unequipped 5/5 active or inactive?

If it's inactive, then why would I ever upgrade certain signs if I am losing a maxed out tier?

Does that make sense?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Question about the skill tree: When I have a skill 5/5, and the next tier pops up, if I equip the next tier at 1/5, is my unequipped 5/5 active or inactive?

If it's inactive, then why would I ever upgrade certain signs if I am losing a maxed out tier?

Does that make sense?

Unequipped skills are always inactive. You open up more slots as you level and could have both tiers active. It's not a particularly good system and really discourages wide character builds so if it annoys you too much there are mods that give you as many slots as you'd like.
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/496/

I'm guessing it disrupts balance a bit, so I don't know if you want to use it your first playthrough, but it's there.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
I'm guessing the skill tree was the replacement for the whole preparation aspect that is supposed to be a big deal for witchers, but was mostly ignored in this game. Instead of choosing the right potions and oils, you prepare the right build.

It doesn't really work since you simply don't get enough skill points in a single playthrough and there isn't many incentives to change up your playing style (this was beautifully fixed in HoS, it's the main reason I have such a hard on for that expansion)

Franz von Dada fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 21, 2016

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
So you might as well go full out, and be all red or blue or green, right? What's the point of having just one red skill equipped, it'll make too little of a difference, unless of course it's something like arrow deflection.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Twat McTwatterson posted:

So you might as well go full out, and be all red or blue or green, right? What's the point of having just one red skill equipped, it'll make too little of a difference, unless of course it's something like arrow deflection.

Imho the first two tiers contain some of the best skills. I have two sets of alchemy and one each of swords and signs for the sweet mutagen bonuses.

I missed the trailer chat, but I loving love Geralts obvious experience and expertise showing in his look as he pulls his sword out to fight the giant. Just completely nonplussed.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Geralt sighs as he draws his silver sword

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Archgriffin "5% of total vitality dealt to enemy" Decoction convinced me to spec three slots into alchemy when I found out it worked on -bosses- too.

Turns out it's a hell of a lot easier to use awesome decoctions when you have three times the toxicity limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The Archgriffin "5% of total vitality dealt to enemy" Decoction convinced me to spec three slots into alchemy when I found out it worked on -bosses- too.

Turns out it's a hell of a lot easier to use awesome decoctions when you have three times the toxicity limit.

Now add the Ekhidna decoction and it heals you too. Way over powered.

Alchemy is by far the most powerful tree.