Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Depending on what you mean by main zord Go-Onger took awhile too. They had the three combiner but took a few episodes to hook all five up, or did they need Carrygator for that?

If you want to go that route then it took Kyoryuger more than halfway through the season to get a combination of more than 3 Zords and Zyuohger just got theirs recently. But generally I just meant as in the combination of the starting group's mechs, whether that be 3 or 5.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Can you really say that 4 and 5 weren't starting members of Go-onger? They were there from episode one and got the suits by episode three or so.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Can you really say that 4 and 5 weren't starting members of Go-onger? They were there from episode one and got the suits by episode three or so.

Episode two actually but yeah, good point. I guess that one counts on a technicality.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Larryb posted:

Though one day I'd like to see them try a main mecha that's just one piece rather than being made up of individual ones as we haven't had one of those since Timeranger

Gosei Ultimate qualifies, I mean yeah they didn't get it until more than halfway through the series but it still was a main mecha that was just one piece.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Gosei Ultimate qualifies, I mean yeah they didn't get it until more than halfway through the series but it still was a main mecha that was just one piece.

Yeah but like

It was bad

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

SKY COQ posted:

Yeah but like

It was bad

It might have been bad but at least it was better than the thing it replaced. I'm another one of those people who wished that the Gokai Galleon formed the robot by itself, for what its worth. Come to think of it, I doubt many people who weren't into the toys felt differently.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh right, and correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Build Dai-Oh from ToQger technically count as well? And I guess Plezu-Oh from Kyoryuger as well. We've had more than I thought come to think of it, though we haven't had one as the main mecha since Megaranger (in fact, every robot not counting the combination of Galaxy and Delta Mega in that series was like that with the exception of the Mega Voyager).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 16, 2016

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Speaking of nerd toys, does anyone have a link to the Kamen Rider clothing line? I remember someone posted a link to a site that sold T-shirts and belts. I have my eye on the leather belt with the Decade Driver belt buckle. Though I vaguely remember that it was a limited time thing. I hope not.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Gridman 01-02

These use the 60fps raws, for buttery smooth video.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FortMax posted:

Gridman 01-02

These use the 60fps raws, for buttery smooth video.

I could not want to hug you any more than I currently do without it being extremely illegal and a little inappropriate

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Between Gridman and my Kakuranger DVDs showing up the only way today could get better is if more Dyna/Flash/Change dropped

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I'm just popping in to say the Ninnin/ToQ movie was pretty nice. Nero continuing to be the best Shadow Line villain is never a bad thing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Larryb posted:

Oh right, and correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Build Dai-Oh from ToQger technically count as well? And I guess Plezu-Oh from Kyoryuger as well.

As well as Bragi-Oh from Kyoryuger, but I guess that depends on whether you classify them as main mecha or not. Of all those, Gosei Ultimate was really the only one that was used as a replacement for the team's previous main mecha (though they did still pull out Gosei Great from time to time) whereas all the others got one or two episodes before they became "another piece to add to the super combination."

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Twelve by Pies posted:

As well as Bragi-Oh from Kyoryuger, but I guess that depends on whether you classify them as main mecha or not. Of all those, Gosei Ultimate was really the only one that was used as a replacement for the team's previous main mecha (though they did still pull out Gosei Great from time to time) whereas all the others got one or two episodes before they became "another piece to add to the super combination."

Oh yeah Lion ha-oh as well from that extremely good show Ninninger

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

LightningKimba posted:

I'm just popping in to say the Ninnin/ToQ movie was pretty nice. Nero continuing to be the best Shadow Line villain is never a bad thing.

I was wondering how much of that movie was going to be a Takaharu fest, since it seemed like the main villain's ultimate weapon was just a copy of Takaharu and he seemed to, at least in the preview, have most of the lines.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
He got more than the other Ninninjers put together but not all that much more. If anything I'd say that all of the ToQgers got shafted, they felt more like guest stars in a Ninninjer episode than an equal part of the movie, most of their supporting cast didn't even show up.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

He got more than the other Ninninjers put together but not all that much more. If anything I'd say that all of the ToQgers got shafted, they felt more like guest stars in a Ninninjer episode than an equal part of the movie, most of their supporting cast didn't even show up.

Yeah, as someone who's a ToQGer fan and didn't really get into Ninninjer, I spent the film just feeling really bored. Or frustrated, because I find Takaharu's actors screaming irritating.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

gourdcaptain posted:

Yeah, as someone who's a ToQGer fan and didn't really get into Ninninjer, I spent the film just feeling really bored. Or frustrated, because I find Takaharu's actors screaming irritating.

I'm fired up :geno:

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

I'm fired up :geno:

I find that shows obsession with Takaharu from what I've seen of it and that movie frustrating because of all the characters to overly focus on (and I'm not a fan of red over focus in Rider), why the one with the noticeably bad acting on their catchphrase? I mean, I'm not a Daigo fan or a fan of Kyoruger in general, and I find Daigo annoying, but his actor does sound like he's genuinely trying in the part. (Same with my issues with Zyuohger, but I'm primarily a Rider guy anyway.)

I say this admittedly at the same time I'm currently rewatching Kamen Rider Blade with a friend with the newish and vastly improved Turn Up release (still a bit shaky, but there aren't at least episodes in a 16x3 aspect ratio and the video quality makes a huge difference) and loving the terrible/hammy acting in that. The difference there is that almost all the Blade actors seem like complete newbs at times, but there's passion to it making it rather endearing. Ranging from Kenzaki communicating entirely in shouts to Tachibana... just being Tachibana. Plus, I just love the early Heisei Rider shows in general, they go with my tastes.

EDIT: Between Kenzaki being a socially unadept loner with no friends prior to the series with no volume control, Hajime still trying to figure out this whole human interaction thing starting from square zero, Mutsuki being a shy dork possessed frequently by the world's dumbest spider monster outside of Kiva, and Tachibana, my friend and I have nicknamed the series the League of Socially Awkward Riders.

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 18, 2016

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
how can you even compare Yamato's actor with Takaharu's in acting.

He's got more expression in this one scene then Takaharu ever had.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

how can you even compare Yamato's actor with Takaharu's in acting.

He's got more expression in this one scene then Takaharu ever had.

Uh, I meant while I dislike Tomato's character and I'm not a Zyuohger fan, his actor IS acting. Ambiguous phrasing, sorry.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Just out of curiousity, were any of the Pre-W kamen rider villains particularly sympathetic or have had somewhat noble goals?

Randomly noticed that every villain faction W onwards is sympathetic (except I don't know about wizard but gently caress wizard), but from what I've seen of Kuuga and Ryuki just had monsters, and I don't know much about the showa era.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Acne Rain posted:

Just out of curiousity, were any of the Pre-W kamen rider villains particularly sympathetic or have had somewhat noble goals?

Randomly noticed that every villain faction W onwards is sympathetic (except I don't know about wizard but gently caress wizard), but from what I've seen of Kuuga and Ryuki just had monsters, and I don't know much about the showa era.

Sort of, some times. Blade is a questionable case, Faiz definitely does.

Showa Rider could from time to time, though some of them, like the Mole Beastman or the Whale Mutant, would end up being allies for a time. Most of the time they fought Super Nazis though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Acne Rain posted:

Depending on your definition of "villain faction", Ryuki could actually count. Kanzaki just wants to get his sister's life back, which he does by basically loving everyone and everything up and sending 13 men to their deaths on vague promises of giving them what they most desire if they survive. Also some of the Riders themselves have noble or at least understandable objectives, like Kitaoka surviving cancer.

That's the only one I can think of though.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Acne Rain posted:

Wizard's big villan is trying to resurrect his daughter with magic and is willing to burn the world to do it. (and wizard sort of is too.)

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

SKY COQ posted:

Oh yeah Lion ha-oh as well from that extremely good show Ninninger

Everyone forgot Tatagami Lioh from actual good show Go-Busters

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

The big bad of Ryuki is sympathetic to an extent in that his backstory is incredibly screwed up but is a terrible, terrible person, and there's a couple antagonistic but sympathetic Riders in that series. Faiz has a LOT of sympathetic monsters, some of which are antagonists, some of which are secondary protagonists. Blade had some sympathetic grey area people. Kiva had some sympathetic monsters of the week. Kabuto's got a sympathetic grey area person depending on how you look at them.

Agito's big bad is supposed to be sympathetic I think, but they botch it hard for me. There's also a pseudo-Rider who starts out hilariously crazy but gets likable near the end of his run.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just saw the Zyuohger suits. They look cool. Is the show any good?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I like it a fair bit

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Mamoru in Amazons is gonna die horribly, isn't he?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Serious Frolicking posted:

Mamoru in Amazons is gonna die horribly, isn't he?

No, no, that would never happen to a Mole Beastman what are you saying

I'm going to go cry in a corner

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Its obviously too early to say how the whole show will be but at this point to me its clearly the best since Gokaiger. I was honestly getting ready to give up on sentai but this has me hooked.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

boom boom boom posted:

It's alright as a children's show, cute fun cast that actually interacts with each other, the heroes and villains are all very interesting to watch. Heroes are distinctive and work with each other and learn from each other really well, villains are hilariously evil bastards that are competing with each other to entertain to see who can inflict the most death and misery.

Hasn't really done anything beyond being okay except for the recent two parter, which I thought was fantastic.

I doubt it will be beating Go Busters or Shinkenger but it might end up even with ToQger for me. (Like ToQger, I feel like this might get really fun when the plot gets going)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Cliff Racer posted:

Its obviously too early to say how the whole show will be but at this point to me its clearly the best since Gokaiger. I was honestly getting ready to give up on sentai but this has me hooked.

They're certainly the most awesomely dressed since Gokaiger.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

So, these things hold together about as well as the original movie suits then

Great

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Burkion posted:

So, these things hold together about as well as the original movie suits then

Great
Join me. Give up hope on this being a good movie. Cheer for the oncoming storm. A good movie will not save us. Our only hope is that old and noble tradition of incompetence so complete that the film is exalted by it.

At this rate, this could be our The Room.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Poison Mushroom posted:

At this rate, this could be our The Room.

So people won't be able to make fun of it in videos without Saban threatening/trying to sue them?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cernunnos posted:

So people won't be able to make fun of it in videos without Saban threatening/trying to sue them?

Considering some dumb things Saban has done in the past

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
IT AM A SPOOPY GHOST

• Locked thread