Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

I feel like the ultimate resolution of Tomo will be Tomo and Jun realizing that they are pretty much completely incompatible and also idiots.

that is the most realistic ending to Tomo-chan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
a hundred or so pages into The Game of Thrones, a 13 year old girl gets fingerblasted by a 30 year old man down by a river

It is absolutely presented as if it's supposed to be a romantic scene

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I like tomo's new glasses, and I welcome the coming of Tomo's Sunglasses Arc

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

a hundred or so pages into The Game of Thrones, a 13 year old girl gets fingerblasted by a 30 year old man down by a river

be sure to keep us updated

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Admoon posted:

be sure to keep us updated

I feel like I'm going crazy reading this. These books are super popular, people will casually throw out references to characters from them in mixed company. But it's just all statutory rape and incest

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
at least its not anime though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i know that feel...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Admoon posted:

gomen, it does not look like a show i would like

Acceptable.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

-

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 1, 2016

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I had a yo-yo. I was pretty good with it too.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I feel like I'm going crazy reading this. These books are super popular, people will casually throw out references to characters from them in mixed company. But it's just all statutory rape and incest

nobody actually reads the books

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stairmaster posted:

Hi.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

I read the books

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is God Eater a Monster Hunter/Toukiden game and is it good?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

its a crazy upside down world where now everyone else is the perverts and the anime forum is for normal well adjusted adults that offer a dignified fist pump to any anime where two girls have the potential to kiss

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Patalliro is a really pretty show.

it's because of Bancouran

The Colonel posted:

HOLY poo poo

episode 12 of kino is hosed UP

welcome to the end, friend :smith:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

pop fiction has always been filled with p graphic and hosed up poo poo, like steve king novels.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

... wait are you talking about the rape scene

i think we've just hit max boom-boom-boom

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

... wait are you talking about the rape scene

i think we've just hit max boom-boom-boom

It's boom. Of course that's what he's talking about.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i read the magicians and then the sequel had the MC's childhood friend summon a demon that brutally murdered her friends then hosed her, giving her magic powers

i didn't like the sequel much

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Motto posted:

i read the magicians and then the sequel had the MC's childhood friend summon a demon that brutally murdered her friends then hosed her, giving her magic powers

This got a TV show too

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

At least they held off on that until the sequel!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

hmm
maybe i shouldn't have used my audible credits on that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

Is God Eater a Monster Hunter/Toukiden game and is it good?

afaik it's supposed to be pretty sweet, i know the music is composed by go shiina and it has the excellent music that entails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BmFldjfySs

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Motto posted:

i bought the book before i heard about this scene and now it sits on my shelf as a cautionary tale

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

welcome to the end, friend :smith:

it's not over yet i've still got two half-hour long movies after the last episode!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Eli transforms into Maki.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

nozomi is too powerful

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

It's all good apparently.

quote:

Julia and the others in Murs, in order to attain significantly more magical power, attempt to summon Our Lady Underground, a local goddess. However, they instead summon Reynard the Fox, a trickster god who kills most of them until Julia sacrifices her humanity to save her friend Asmodeus. The act of summoning a god for the first time in 2,000 years wakes the rest of the gods, bringing back the old gods.

In Fillory, Eliot, Janet, Quentin, and Julia rule as Kings and Queens, and life is good,

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8GcxfRIqI

i don't really like the style quite as much as legendia but this ost is still really good, drat

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

hmm
maybe i shouldn't have used my audible credits on that

the first has it's problems as well, but it works as a standalone thing about youth and how you try to attain self-fulfillment and happiness and stuff

sometimes it comes across as "harry potter/narnia but hardcore" but it's mostly about people with emotional/personal/psychological issues who try and fail to fill those voids through achievements of prestige, power, and escape

Motto fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 20, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
whoa, go shiina composed music for idolm@ster? definitely watching that after love live, then. probably. i guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this track is loving awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE_7pTl83-I

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

whoa, go shiina composed music for idolm@ster? definitely watching that after love live, then. probably. i guess

Mainly the Chihaya songs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here are some of his iM@S songs.

http://goshiinabest.tumblr.com/tagged/idolmaster

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

Go Shiina is criminally underused. Everything he does is really good, but he's relegated to just one or two things all the time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rotoru posted:

Go Shiina is criminally underused. Everything he does is really good, but he's relegated to just one or two things all the time.

He should be used to repeatedly make more songs for Chihaya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mainly the Chihaya songs.

He did songs for Kaede and Karen in Cinderella Girls too.

• Locked thread