Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

Bet change in DS3: hold down down button to auto-switch to estus flask.

Not quite accurate - it's change to the first item slot, so it doesn't have to be the flask. You can have a quick-switch to any item you feel like. (This also works with holding up to switch to your #1 spell, and the start menu has a 5 entry customizable item quickbar too. It's really quite handy.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vicas posted:

You people are really bad at this, huh

The atmosphere and rigidity of rules around Let's Play relaxed but no concentrated effort has been made to cull the flood of spoilers.

MGlBlaze
May 19, 2011

Warning; side-effects include disintegrated ocular tissue.

Tempest_56 posted:

Not quite accurate - it's change to the first item slot, so it doesn't have to be the flask. You can have a quick-switch to any item you feel like. (This also works with holding up to switch to your #1 spell, and the start menu has a 5 entry customizable item quickbar too. It's really quite handy.)

This "hold the button to go to the first position thing" is actually really cool and I had no idea it was in there. Huh.

Decent amount of flexibility as well.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So what you're saying is that DS3 practically has a dedicated firebomb button?

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Lizard Wizard posted:

So what you're saying is that DS3 practically has a dedicated great chaos fire orb button?

Also the 5 quick buttons are great but if you didn't immediately just reassign them to all the "Hello!" and "I'm sorry!" etc carvings I don't even know what to say.

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 17, 2016

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Please don't spoil dark souls 3 either, Geop needs to be unspoiled for the lp in 5 years

MGlBlaze
May 19, 2011

Warning; side-effects include disintegrated ocular tissue.

GeneX posted:

Please don't spoil dark souls 3 either, Geop needs to be unspoiled for the lp in 5 years

That sounds like a generous estimate. Hopefully it happens before we all become skeletons and bonewheels, at least. :v:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

MGlBlaze posted:

That sounds like a generous estimate. Hopefully it happens before we all become skeletons and bonewheels, at least. :v:

Dont give up, skeleton!

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

GeneX posted:

Hmm, 5 years? The projected timeline doesn't check out.

(2012) Dark Souls
(2016) Dark Souls II
(2024) Demon's Souls
(2036) Bloodborne
(2142) Lords of the Fahahahaha I'm joking Dark Souls III

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Hey geop I heard those turtle knights are weak to backstabs, you should try that next time you see one :)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Takes No Damage posted:

Hey geop I heard those turtle knights are weak to backstabs, you should try that next time you see one :)

+1 pro start, it looks like they have armor on their backs, but it's actually their weak point because they can't look behind them.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There's actually a special backstab animation where you wedge the weapon between the armor's joints. The carapace then drops and can be used as a shield (although you won't have the stats for it for quite a while).

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I love how aggressively worse this is getting.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I'm pretty sure I mention it in that video or the next one but I already know what backstab attempts entail on those dudes, courtesy of early DS2 footage.

Enough with the hinthintnudgenudge stuff :colbert:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You see that shell? It's actually full of candy! *snickers* you should try backstabbing him! *tries to hold back maniacal laughter*

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Geop, you should seek the four endowed with immense souls, and bring them back to the level up lady, some interesting things happen when you do this

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Weakness: booze, therefore try jumping

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geop, try killing absolutely everyone.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
You will never meet the king with a thread so frail and pallid.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

You should kill some bosses. Also, everyone else should remember that telling geop to do anything we've seen in the video is ultimately pointless because we're many episodes behind the recording and he's probably already left the area and the one after it as well.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

MooCowlian posted:

You should kill some bosses. Also, everyone else should remember that telling geop to do anything we've seen in the video is ultimately pointless because we're many episodes behind the recording and he's probably already left the area and the one after it as well.

Wow spoilers

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Backseating will never not happen with Dark Souls and related games, this thread is like watching a live stream with a 2 week delay.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

geop lift your shield. You dumbass. You absolute fucker. Strafe Right god drat it what are you doing. DODGE EARLIER *screaming at the monitor* WHY DIDNT YOU DODGE EARLIER

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Control Volume posted:

geop lift your shield. You dumbass. You absolute fucker. Strafe Right god drat it what are you doing. DODGE EARLIER *screaming at the monitor* WHY DIDNT YOU DODGE EARLIER

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

So! Uh! I will most likely be nixing hosted videos?? Because Hostgator is suddenly become real big jerks after about four or so years of using 'em. I guess they don't want my service anymore so screw 'em.

HOWEVER, I think I've finally figured out fuckups in my encoding steps and Youtube videos look a good deal less-muddy. This is the first video I'm trying out and it looks much better. Dark rooms aren't nearly as blotched up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hope you find a new host as I vastly prefer the source videos since Youtube copies always tend to be inferior when saved. You could always talk to baldurk, as he probably willing to host your LPs.

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008
Well drat. Now I can't download videos to my phone to watch at work. Oh well.

Judging by the episode name I am hoping to see a little of this,

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Can we get a thread lock counter in the OP

To go with the in game death counter?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
The Ironclad Leggings were one of my favourites in this game for Fashion Souls. I always liked bulky greaves while wearing something flashy on the upper body. Makes me feel like I'm a horrendously designed Gundam. The Steel Leggings and Havel's Leggings were great for that in DS1.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Remembering that Warrior starts with 5 ADP gave me a small heart attack :stare:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Veloxyll posted:

Can we get a thread lock counter in the OP

To go with the in game death counter?

No, that's just going to encourage people

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Alabaster White posted:

Remembering that Warrior starts with 5 ADP gave me a small heart attack :stare:

"Remember the only thing you need to be able to do to survive in Dark Souls? Hahaha, lmao, gently caress you!"
~a designer

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Glenn_Beckett posted:

"Remember the only thing you need to be able to do to survive in Dark Souls? Hahaha, lmao, gently caress you!"
~a designer

Iframes are for scrubs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I finally figured out what the Ironclad leggings were reminding me of when Geop started going up that ladder. They're Megaman boots!

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Andrast posted:

Iframes are for scrubs

Yeah, Monster Hunter only gives you 6 iFrames without extra skills to boost them! Dark Souls 2 is already easier.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Iframes are for fighting game babby's :colbert:

I've made do with 10 Adaptability so far!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The salamanders are really cute, shame that they're such bastards.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

Iframes are for scrubs

Decus posted:

Yeah, Monster Hunter only gives you 6 iFrames without extra skills to boost them! Dark Souls 2 is already easier.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Iframes are for fighting game babby's :colbert:

I've made do with 10 Adaptability so far!

Lol, just lol if you don't play video games while fighting off bears at the same time like some kind of loving casual.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, did the timing on the boulder get adjusted to not flatten a player for Scholars, or was it just geop's cautious exploration saving him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, did the timing on the boulder get adjusted to not flatten a player for Scholars, or was it just geop's cautious exploration saving him?

I think it was Geop's caution.

• Locked thread