Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Ambaire posted:

The question is: which arty group applies damage first? Is it some sort of weird composite hybrid or distinct?

This is a good question, and another question I would like add on is how does damage with multiple damage type components apply, ie hybrid guns that do X thermal and Y kinetic damage.

Would it do damage with the two resists averaged by how much damage each damage type does? This to me seems like how it would work but I don't know.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Another question, what if two separate guys with two separate types of ammo fire during the same tick? Is the one that is fired minutely faster but still during the same tick applied first?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

This is a good question, and another question I would like add on is how does damage with multiple damage type components apply, ie hybrid guns that do X thermal and Y kinetic damage.

Would it do damage with the two resists averaged by how much damage each damage type does? This to me seems like how it would work but I don't know.

If you're going to 'snipe' the top of the page, quote my entire post so it's more visible. I was thinking about waiting two posts to make mine but I didn't feel good about it. :P

Edit: And for some content, have these beauty shots of the 4 racial light fighters from the new detachable camera view.
9 image album

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 20, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

please post the pubbie guide for me. :shobon:

Also are there acceptable fits that don't cost 100 million plus?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1knVqZEH8qFY0eT44nMEFwcKd3t4PbgcZeuv58SVUxsI/pub

for burners there's a couple that hang in the 50-75m range

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Yikes 490 days of training, I guess I'll stick with shooting rocks for now.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I just noticed that without skills/standings you need spreads of 7% to profit in Jita now :smithicide:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Hagop posted:

Yikes 490 days of training, I guess I'll stick with shooting rocks for now.

That's for maximum poopsocking.

I'm sure with crapper skills you'll just make less money.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

So what is the ramp up speed on shooting things to make money? Right now it looks like a month worth of training in mining actives is going to get me to about 15 mill/hour assuming I say in high sec.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Hagop posted:

So what is the ramp up speed on shooting things to make money? Right now it looks like a month worth of training in mining actives is going to get me to about 15 mill/hour assuming I say in high sec.

you can make more than this running around lowsec hunting valuable rats

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

you can make more than this running around lowsec hunting valuable rats

Also doing exploration which takes almost no skill investment, 3 days or so to get everything to level 3 for T1 scanning frigates which is good enough to even do nullsec sites with a bit of luck. Income is variable but you can get at least 20m an hour.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I've personally enjoyed exploration quite a bit, and depending on where you land alliance wise it is always a beneficial skill to have. I think the most isk I've made in game was when I did low sec incursions with a group for about a month or two. At the time they were accepting T1 megathrons in (which required like a month of training from a zero skill character) and, to me, that seemed pretty darn accessible. YMMV of course depending on what groups you join, but running incursions seems like a great way to step up isk making after doing things like ratting/exploring.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Catch is the best Null region for exploration site income. Lowsec isn't bad either but you get a bit better payouts in Null depending on the region.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

So I took a look at the other characters on my account. I tried eve back in like 2005 and let a collage roommate run the account for awhile after I got sucked into wow.

I seem to have a character that can fly and owns a Rupture. I found a random fit on the internet and set everything I could not already fit to a tier one version. Leaving me about 22 hours of training time away from the below. Is their anything clearly wrong about this fit? Also about how low in low sec should I take a boat like this? Guristas are the rats for my region if that matters.

[Rupture]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Shield Extender I
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier I
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier I
10MN Afterburner I

425mm AutoCannon I, Phased Plasma M
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Scourge Heavy Assault Missile

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hobgoblin I x5

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Is there a newbee that wants to grind my market guy standings for caldari navy? All this involves is an industrial or frigate, and time to move packages around.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

jm20 posted:

Is there a newbee that wants to grind my market guy standings for caldari navy? All this involves is an industrial or frigate, and time to move packages around.

How much time? I have the big slow iteron, but only like an hour or two a night.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Assuming you're not on a crazy tight budget, upgrade the weapons, shield mods, and afterburner to meta modules - for a lot of things meta 3 seems to be an inflection point on the price/performance curve but YMMV depending on the market. I have a couple arty ruptures in highsec that aren't seeing any use, I could contract you one if you want to strip anything off it or need a spare hull.

Also if you train for shield upgrades 4 (day and a half maybe?) you can use the T2 large shield extender which will help with your passive regeneration as well (since it is % based).

After that you'd probably be OK for belt rats I guess? I've only tried that a few times but a Catalyst or Algos worked in Dek (albeit very slowly and ready to run if taking too much damage).

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Morris posted:

Assuming you're not on a crazy tight budget, upgrade the weapons, shield mods, and afterburner to meta modules - for a lot of things meta 3 seems to be an inflection point on the price/performance curve but YMMV depending on the market. I have a couple arty ruptures in highsec that aren't seeing any use, I could contract you one if you want to strip anything off it or need a spare hull.

Also if you train for shield upgrades 4 (day and a half maybe?) you can use the T2 large shield extender which will help with your passive regeneration as well (since it is % based).

After that you'd probably be OK for belt rats I guess? I've only tried that a few times but a Catalyst or Algos worked in Dek (albeit very slowly and ready to run if taking too much damage).

Oh cool, how much do you want for the ruptures?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Hagop posted:

How much time? I have the big slow iteron, but only like an hour or two a night.

However long it takes for me to get to 6.67 . You will also get the standings, half the lp (ill give you the lp back in isk), and isk for your trouble. I'm not quite sure exactly how long it would take but I can certainly make it worth your while.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

jm20 posted:

However long it takes for me to get to 6.67 . You will also get the standings, half the lp (ill give you the lp back in isk), and isk for your trouble. I'm not quite sure exactly how long it would take but I can certainly make it worth your while.

I am totally willing to help, but I just don't have much time a night and basically wont be on this weekend at all.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Hagop posted:

Oh cool, how much do you want for the ruptures?

I'm assuming from your post that you're a newbie, so nada :sun: Eve mail Mauris Kado and I'll contract you the one I have in Jita (the other is on my gank alt in ~a place~). It's fit for cyno ganking so you'll probably want to strip and sell most of the modules.

Ugh standings grind, I need to do that too. But first I gotta decide if I want to keep a market/mission alt with Miniluv in his corp history or just reroll. Probably just gonna chance it, I'm impatient and don't want to have to train all those trade skills again :v:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

jm20 posted:

Pretty sure you need faction standings, not corp standings. Good luck!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Hagop posted:

I am totally willing to help, but I just don't have much time a night and basically wont be on this weekend at all.

Eve mail jm24 ingame/evegate and i will explain the details.

frozenphil posted:

Pretty sure you need faction standings, not corp standings. Good luck!

BrokerFee % = (1 – 0.05 × BrokerRelationsSkillLevel) / 2 ^ (0.14 × FactionStanding + 0.06 × CorporationStanding)

Shared mission rewards affect both corporate and faction standings :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hope you've done cosmos b/c faction standings barely budge from regular missions

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dang I was hoping it was a different guide than that one since I already have it. And according to EFT those Daredevil fits all add up to 250mil isk. Where are the cheaper ones?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dang I was hoping it was a different guide than that one since I already have it. And according to EFT those Daredevil fits all add up to 250mil isk. Where are the cheaper ones?

LemonDrizzle posted this one earlier. I haven't used it so I can't vouch for it, but it looks like it would work, just more effort.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hRkjZHqr92CV4iXzpXLT8uWuuj0AfvTGj5yAm1NV-_c/

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Ecm kiting kestrel

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Hagop posted:

So I took a look at the other characters on my account. I tried eve back in like 2005 and let a collage roommate run the account for awhile after I got sucked into wow.

I seem to have a character that can fly and owns a Rupture. I found a random fit on the internet and set everything I could not already fit to a tier one version. Leaving me about 22 hours of training time away from the below. Is their anything clearly wrong about this fit? Also about how low in low sec should I take a boat like this? Guristas are the rats for my region if that matters.

Not to state the obvious, and you probably already know this, but don't fly what you can't afford to lose. If you're going into low sec, you will lose that ship eventually, and probably more. Especially if you try going thru a system that's virtually perma gate camped.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Ambaire posted:

Not to state the obvious, and you probably already know this, but don't fly what you can't afford to lose. If you're going into low sec, you will lose that ship eventually, and probably more. Especially if you try going thru a system that's virtually perma gate camped.

How do I tell if a system is gate camped?

Also is their some good all in one tool for eve. I would like a make a fit, see how much it cost to buy that fit, and get a skill plain for getting a char to the point where they can fly that fit.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Pyfa will do most of that in that it will tell you the price as well as what skills you are missing to "sit in" the ship and online the modules (except PG/CPU skills - have to figure that out yourself).

A lot of lowsec gate camps happen at highsec-lowsec border systems. You can sometimes spot them by looking at kills on the in-game map or dotlan. Example:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Heimatar#kills

If you look at this and also view the map by Security, you can see that Amamake is a highsec to lowsec entry point and that a lot of nerds have died there in the past hour(?) relative to the rest of the area.

The same generally holds true for nullsec and of course this won't help you spot a new or roving gate camp. It could also just mean there was a big fight in the system. But for border systems and pipe systems a gatecamp should be expected if you also see a lot of kills.

Rhadimanthius64
Apr 11, 2014

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Hagop posted:

If you have the ability, I know it may be a bit early on for you, but get an alt in a throw away frigate to scout a jump or two ahead if you're moving something you "can't afford to lose".

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Hagop posted:

Also is their some good all in one tool for eve. I would like a make a fit, see how much it cost to buy that fit, and get a skill plain for getting a char to the point where they can fly that fit.

The map , dotlan, and killboards seem to display gates within the killmails themselves.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Hagop posted:

This:

Find any fit on zkill you might want to import.

Click on the Meta tab

Pick the export option that works best for you, use 'EFT' under 'Lossy Formats' at the bottom (works for Pyfa as well)

Copy.

Paste

Note- the green skill book icon on the top right- Yay! I can fly this.

Note- the red skill book icon on the top right- gently caress! I'm missing skills.

BAM. If you have a character API for Pyfa (it just wants character sheet) it will tell you if any of the fits are unusable, the price of the fit is on the bottom right, and you can use CREST to export a fit you like directly to the game client, then open it in Jita and push 'Buy All'.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 21, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
So, for my miner, this is looking like my goal fit. I'm out in null, I get the occasional red and want to be able to keep them on me while allies come out and also deal with rats. The main concern I have is the 2x invul and 1x em field, is there any other combination that would result in a bigger tank? Thanks.

[Skiff]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Warp Scrambler II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
EM Ward Field II

Modulated Strip Miner II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Warrior II x5
Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Cool thanks for all the info everyone. Also people who ask me to eve mail them, I have mailed you.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

FranktheBank posted:

Fitting stuff

Only thing I could think of to increase the tank on that would probably just be T2 rigs honestly.

Otherwise, this is what I've always used when I use Skiffs, which has a disruptor along with the scram instead of an EM Ward and DDAs instead of Mining Laser Upgrades, but the EM Ward might be a better choice over a disruptor anyway. :shrug:

Rhadimanthius64
Apr 11, 2014

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

FranktheBank posted:

So, for my miner, this is looking like my goal fit. I'm out in null, I get the occasional red and want to be able to keep them on me while allies come out and also deal with rats. The main concern I have is the 2x invul and 1x em field, is there any other combination that would result in a bigger tank? Thanks.

The Skiff is a good deal ship all around for mining and tank in Null, however if you wanted to replace a Mining Upgrade with a Power Diagnostic II, that would beef your buffer tank as well as your passive regen, which is usually key for a Skiff, especially if you're trying to keep them on you.

Up to you, if mining ability is worth more than survivability, and even then its only in the margins. Just remember to always stay passive aligned and warp as soon as local pops a neut.

Rhadimanthius64 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 21, 2016

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

You can export directly to EFT and other formats from zkillboard. It's literally the next option to the right in that first screenshot.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

nessin posted:

You can export directly to EFT and other formats from zkillboard. It's literally the next option to the right in that first screenshot.

Oh drat, I've been doing it the other way forever.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Tried my first burner mission tonight, lost my first burner frigate. Tried the inexpensive Angel Burner fit from one of the guides posted in here, got unlucky with a reload and ended up burning out my launchers trying to break back through the little bastard's tank. Might have been OK if I hadn't gone full :downs: and forgotten to put nanite paste in my cargo hold. The extra 200mm AC to fill out the highs was mostly for looks, I don't think it ever landed a shot even with all 3 webs.

code:
Angel Burner (Dramiel):
[Vengeance, angel burner]
Small Armor Repairer II
Ballistic Control System II
Corpii C-Type Explosive Plating
Corpii C-Type Explosive Plating

Stasis Webifier II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x2000
Tactics: sit still and web/nos/shoot the NPC while running your tank. Heat your launchers when the enemy is at around 25% shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reverand maynard posted:

the CDFE doesn't really give you anything. Also I don't know anything about missions, so you might be able to simply AB away and blap them as they follow and lose transversal or you might need to shoehorn in a web/some other mod to help apply damage.

edit: did they ever make it so faction guns can use t2 ammo/benefit from weapon spec skills?

second edit:

[Nightmare, New Setup 1]

Large Armor Repairer II
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II

100MN Afterburner II
Large Cap Battery II
Large Cap Battery II
Heavy Stasis Grappler II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Tachyon Beam Laser II, Gleam L

Large Energy Burst Aerator I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Anti-Thermal Pump I

Valkyrie II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

might be viable with implants that increase repping power. it reps less than half of the shield setup but if your fighting rats inside 14km it will be doing a lot more dps.

I ended up going with this, which is recycled from an incursion ship. It seems to run well, even with pretty poo poo skills; it nearly 1-shots off-damage battleship rats in the missions I've run it on thus far. :shobon:

[Nightmare, Zapp]
Capacitor Power Relay II
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Tracking Enhancer II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
5a Prototype Shield Support I
Dread Guristas X-Large Shield Booster
EM Ward II
Thermal Dissipation Field II