Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Learned blender like 3 weeks ago, now I am going to make my own better House with BlackJack and Hookers. Started yesterday, lets see how far I come this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BadLlama posted:

Don't play ranked.

My meaningless symbol helps me feel better about the hundreds of hours I've wasted on this dying game.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Hey Hard I just got a bug where my camera spawned in a fixed unmovable spectator view when the match started. Like the UI was working and other players said my character model was moving and firing but I couldn't actually see because my PoV was stuck outside the map. It didn't fix itself during the next round.

Other players describing the problem in this and other linked threads: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1449518-PoV-camera-spawns-separate-of-player

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

At what point did they re-gently caress the hitreg? For awhile (before Black Ice when I stopped playing) I had no issues where you're hitting someone on your screen and it doesn't register for them, or you get killed after you run back around a corner. I come back yesterday and that's every single death for me so far. It's like they took steps backwards.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Why did I lose my ability to vote to kick? Only did it on team killers.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why did I lose my ability to vote to kick? Only did it on team killers.

You cannot initiate a votekick on a match point anymore. It was unintentionally left out of the patch notes

ghetto wormhole posted:

Hey Hard I just got a bug where my camera spawned in a fixed unmovable spectator view when the match started. Like the UI was working and other players said my character model was moving and firing but I couldn't actually see because my PoV was stuck outside the map. It didn't fix itself during the next round.

Other players describing the problem in this and other linked threads: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1449518-PoV-camera-spawns-separate-of-player

Yeah man we're working on it.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Hard posted:

Yeah man we're working on it.

Posted that before I talked to you in Mumble, thanks man! :hf:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i've gotten a few issues like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRfkdKZf3bo

is there anything to do when it happens, or?

bonus clip of a round of hostage where my teammate was stuck outside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rjj1lXvaZ4

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 19, 2016

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!

Hard posted:

You cannot initiate a votekick on a match point anymore. It was unintentionally left out of the patch notes

Oh so that's why people are waiting until the last round of matches to pull out their godlike aim.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

polka posted:

Oh so that's why people are waiting until the last round of matches to pull out their godlike aim.

You also had some parties of 3-4 waiting the last round to kick players from their team resulting in a loss for them.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

bonus clip of a round of hostage where my teammate was stuck outside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rjj1lXvaZ4

That was pretty tense.

Hard fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 19, 2016

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i've gotten a few issues like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRfkdKZf3bo

is there anything to do when it happens, or?

https://youtu.be/8geqKRZ8emM

no time for the ol in n out luv just here to check the meter

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Props, Hard. I've been playing Ranked for 10 hours today and only got put into two bullshit matches against hackers/Asians. Made it to Gold.

Blackbeard is so OP, it's unbelievable. My friend went 17-4 using him every round. Simply unfair.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I haven't had the chance to play lately due to work, but what could be done to tone Blackbeard down? Weaken his shield? Make it break after basically one firefight?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Give pubbies a free pack of icyhot for their rectums.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Beastie posted:

I haven't had the chance to play lately due to work, but what could be done to tone Blackbeard down? Weaken his shield? Make it break after basically one firefight?

Change material to metal so visibility is garbage ?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Beastie posted:

Halving his shield health would probably go a long way to making it so there's actually a breaking mechanic, I don't ever think I've seen a blackbeard shield break.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Or make shooting the shield give him a ton of kickback and disrupt his aiming. Have the shield be more a ticket for him to survive the engagement than giving him a free kill.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Reading through this thread to catch up. Sounds to me like I need to give IQ and legit try now that she's not just a gun with sneakers.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.
Hey Hard, how tough would it be to have the end of the round kill cam show whoever died last? I'm talking about, there have been a few times where the last member of the team falls off a roof or blows himself up and I really really want to see those kill cams so I can soak up the humiliation. Instead we get to see someone else just kinda staring off at nothing. This isn't a criticism, I just really want to see people making dumb mistakes.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Looselybased posted:

Hey Hard, how tough would it be to have the end of the round kill cam show whoever died last? I'm talking about, there have been a few times where the last member of the team falls off a roof or blows himself up and I really really want to see those kill cams so I can soak up the humiliation. Instead we get to see someone else just kinda staring off at nothing. This isn't a criticism, I just really want to see people making dumb mistakes.

This is a good idea but there should be an exception for DBNOs, since I think they technically die last.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The true crime is that the end of round killcam dosent follow grenades like it does for personal killcams.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Holla. Many a glorious moment has been lost. Also man it would be so cool if there was a "play of the game" like in Overwatch, I know that could be tough to pull off reliably but who cares? This game is about wading through bugs and ignoring enjoying them.

Also I've busted blackbeard's shield a couple times (usually with a shotgun) but lol

season pass ain't gonna sell itself

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Play of the game is a cool feature on paper but as it stands right now it needs a bit of polish.

Its kinda tricky to do since even if you rack up a ton of points in a short period of time ( i think thats how it works?) it doesn't necessarily make it play of the game material.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
To accurately replicate the Overwatch PotG experience, just always give it to Tachanka, no matter what Tachanka did, or even if anyone even picked Tachanka.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 20, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The end of round killcam is fine except when it doesn't actually cam any kills. And that one time it just showed someone sitting on a Welcome Mat until their teammate died, and then they died.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Montagnes new shield owns a lot. If you back yourself into a corner you can't be hit by anything but nitro cells. I spent a good five minutes watching a jager and rook try to find a way to hit me while keeping a secure area match in overtime. They eventually won when they ran out of ammo and knifed me when I went for the pistol kill.

Lemon-Lime posted:

To accurately replicate the Overwatch PotG experience, just always give it to Tachanka, no matter what Tachanka did, or even if anyone even picked Tachanka.

If tachanka isn't picked just play his operator video.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Hard posted:

Play of the game is a cool feature on paper but as it stands right now it needs a bit of polish.

Its kinda tricky to do since even if you rack up a ton of points in a short period of time ( i think thats how it works?) it doesn't necessarily make it play of the game material.

Oh for siege, I imagined it would generally just be whoever gets the most kills in the shortest amount of time, then maybe weighted by points.

Although I think the most universally enjoyable for everyone is if the game picked whichever grenade/c4/fuze kill did the most damage, because as mentioned before, not seeing the glorious results of our spam is what leaves the hugest hole in our hearts. Seeing pretty much any explosive kill rules. I think we can guarantee that any time a double+ c4 kill happens, everyone in the match would love to see it.

And if Tachanka gets a kill, the camera should spawn wherever the killing bullet first collided with a wall (after passing through the victim), facing glorious tachanka, a couple seconds before tachank begins firing. Then, you see a hail of bullets and the victim crumple. Then, the camera zooms all the way back through the raytrace to

:)

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 20, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hard posted:

This has almost single handedly ruined the game for me. Way more last round team kills.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard, please build a firewall to keep the Brazilians out of our data servers. They are almost universally hacking.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Squeegy posted:

Hard, please build a firewall to keep the Brazilians out of our data servers. They are almost universally hacking.

US East gets every hacker group seemingly.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm on US West and they are coming in from China and Korea and Brazil. So much 200-300 ping.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Squeegy posted:

I'm on US West and they are coming in from China and Korea and Brazil. So much 200-300 ping.

I get the same ping connecting to US West, Japan, and East Asia. I wouldn't be surprised if its similar case for other countries.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
uh, so first time playing plane since the update.

http://imgur.com/a/p2hGC

basically the map was cut in half about halfway through the cargo bay, with one half being ridiculously bright, and the other half being black like the void.

Somehow I got an ace as glaz through the windows with all this going on (I could see through the windows fine with glaz's scope).

I havent encountered this issue on any other map.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Copper For Lyfe posted:

uh, so first time playing plane since the update.

http://imgur.com/a/p2hGC

basically the map was cut in half about halfway through the cargo bay, with one half being ridiculously bright, and the other half being black like the void.

Somehow I got an ace as glaz through the windows with all this going on (I could see through the windows fine with glaz's scope).

I havent encountered this issue on any other map.

Seen a similar issue on Reddit, user mentioned that he somehow interrupted the patch mid-download.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4k6h6u/i_accidentally_interrupted_rainbow_six_during_a/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Why does Valkyrie not have the valkyrie headgear? :v:

(Also, the ad forgets Bandit.)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 21, 2016

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Why does Valkyrie not have the valkyrie headgear? :v:

(Also, the ad forgets Bandit.)

If I throw this EMP, will you die?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Is there any way to fix the "Can't invite friends to group, so everybody shut down Uplay and re-launch?" or is that on Uplay's end? It's making me want to play the game less and less because it's just this obnoxious routine every night as people trickle in.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Currently you can add one friend, after which you have to restart uplay to add another.

You also gotta restart to accept an invite.

The fact that uplay is such rear end should really make everyone loving ashamed

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Hey Hard I know it might be a fairly substantial art direction change, but have team specific overalls ever been pondered?

I like each operator having their nation specific gear, but during match itself, it'd be great if Orange Team used blue overalls and Blue Team used green overalls, for example.

This way you retain their cool images, but have more functionality in the game.

Maybe even offer it as a toggle option for folks?
I seem to struggle with this sometimes, and I am not alone, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Is there a way to get Sledge's hammer to reliably go through the floor? Sometimes it works just fine, sometimes it still does what it used to do and only goes through the first half. Is there a special technique to it?

• Locked thread