Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

It's bad optics to complain dude.

I've said nothing negative regarding this whole thing to them, not that it really matters since they've refused to give me a reference in the past and I'm ready to jettison out of here if I ever get a loving job offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I made the mistake of arguing about conspiracy theories with my dad again. Whoops.

Time to go home and read actual logical things. Sheesh.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

But don't you know that the space nazis are putting fluoride in the water so they can tag you as a food source for the lizard people invasion?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

BigPaddy posted:

But don't you know that the space nazis are putting fluoride in the water so they can tag you as a food source for the lizard people invasion?

No, the space nazis are behind the chemtrails to turn you gay. It's Obama that's behind fluoridation, but I'm pretty sure that's actually to make herding us all into FEMA camps easier.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My brother believes in chemtrails. The beauty of it is he's my brother so I told him he's a dumbass :v:

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

My dad just phoned to inform me that he has acquired 3 corvairs of dubious quality. I've never even seen 1 in the wild so this should be cool.

I don't know why he did this since he still has 2 MGBs to work on but I'd have a hard time turning it down too. Guess I'd better go take some pictures this weekend.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Gerblederp posted:

My dad just phoned to inform me that he has acquired 3 corvairs of dubious quality. I've never even seen 1 in the wild so this should be cool.

I don't know why he did this since he still has 2 MGBs to work on but I'd have a hard time turning it down too. Guess I'd better go take some pictures this weekend.

That's pro-level dad right there.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BraveUlysses posted:

You are legally required to have 8 hours between end of shift and start of another. Tell them to pound sand or let you out at 1am.

Oh, if only this were true.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

ilkhan posted:

I'm signed up for a half in November which had better be pretty easy because I've also got a full scheduled for early december.

I can do about 3 miles right now.
Summer gonn' be FUN.

What are you doing for training? I'm basically adding a mile or two every month to my max and calling it good.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ilkhan posted:

I'm signed up for a half in November which had better be pretty easy because I've also got a full scheduled for early december.

I can do about 3 miles right now.
Summer gonn' be FUN.

Running is just a primitive form of cycling.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Liquid Communism posted:

Oh, if only this were true.

It is here :australia:

Depending on industry and shift length it can be up to 12 hours, too.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

literally a fish posted:

It is here :australia:

Depending on industry and shift length it can be up to 12 hours, too.

I think it's the same in California, which is what my HR dept follows

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

triple clutcher posted:

I just found out a buddy of mine bought an old K-car. Going by the picture he sent, it looks pretty clean ( for a car from Buffalo, anyway ), but I have no idea why the hell he has it or what the hell he's going to do with it.

You know some of them could be had with a factory turbo, right? And the 2.2 they paired it with will take downright stupid amounts of boost without giving half a gently caress.

They're a pretty drat good sleeper.

Though if he bought it for any reason other to throw all the turbos at it, well... uh... I got nothin.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

some texas redneck posted:

You know some of them could be had with a factory turbo, right? And the 2.2 they paired it with will take downright stupid amounts of boost without giving half a gently caress.

Though if he bought it for any reason other to throw all the turbos at it, well... uh... I got nothin.

They're OK little appliance cars. My brother has a 2.2 tbi auto k-car, and while it's the slowest thing I've ever driven, it's not actually very terrible. Seats are super comfortable, too. I bet a 5-speed would go a long way to making it tolerable.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

For the era they were sold in, they really weren't bad commuter cars. Not great cars either, but they did save Chrysler from bankruptcy. Problem is, Chrysler didn't know when to let go of the platform.

I can't say I've seen one in at least a couple of years though.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Wait what are you guys talking about? I only know K-cars as tiny Japanese tax-dodging shoe boxes.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Cakefool posted:

Wait what are you guys talking about? I only know K-cars as tiny Japanese tax-dodging shoe boxes.

Kei cars vs K cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hBb642NSyc
it's the luxury

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
K-cars were hot garbage in every configuration.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Just had a nice long chat with someone about why their job sucks and this company shares some characteristics with cults, think that may have been the nudge needed for him to leave, I just hope he doesn't mention me in his exit interview :v:

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
June Chat Thread: Bitch About Your Job (or lack thereof)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Wait, you could graft a turbo onto a LeBaron?

Because I know where I can get a running, decent condition 88 Lebaron for next to nothing, and it would be hilarious to torture it with boost. I drove one back in high school, and while it got floaty as gently caress around 100, it was fun to drive for an I-4.

Edit : Oh, that's why I didn't think about it, the 88 Coupe was after they switched to J-body.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 20, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gather round, boys and girls, for a story of... stupidity.

There's always new faces at work, since this kind of job is a revolving door (plus they make it difficult to get hours, and keep hiring more people).

Dispatcher needed a bunch of people to send out for our new restaurant delivery service. A batch of us got "volunteered". It happens. I'm not a fan of it, but I still get a very healthy hourly pay, and wind up driving maybe 20 miles for my shift instead of 200-300. It does wind up bringing my average pay down by $7/hr, but we all wind up just hanging out in the parking lot we stage at and bullshitting for the 4-6 hours we're out there waiting for orders.

Dispatcher didn't recognize a couple of faces. That's the norm since, again, revolving door. There's also a lot of people who might only work a few hours a month, so they don't show up often enough for anyone to recognize.

Dispatcher asks one of the new faces what his name is, so he can make a note of who he's sending out.

:downsgun: "Joe Ad.. I mean.. Smith. Smith."
:colbert: "Which is it?"
:downsgun: "Smith. Ann Smith"
:colbert: "Well hey since I've never seen you before, I need to see your ID"
:downsgun: *hands over ID*
:colbert: "This says Joe Adams"
:downsgun: "Well I'm here to work for my girlfriend, Ann Smith"
:colbert: "Sorry man. You need to go home now."
:downsgun: "BUT I DROVE ALL THE WAY OUT HERE FROM <insert city 20 miles away>"
:colbert: "What you're doing is illegal. Have a good night.
:downsgun: "BUT I DROVE ALL THE WAY OUT HERE"
:colbert: "BYE. LEAVE!"
:downsgun: "BUT I DR..."
:colbert: :fuckoff:

tl;dr I got to watch a dumbass cause his girlfriend to lose her (very well paying) job. Well his gf had a bit to do with it too, but.... yeah. The stupid was strong today.

Liquid Communism posted:

Wait, you could graft a turbo onto a LeBaron?

Edit : Oh, that's why I didn't think about it, the 88 Coupe was after they switched to J-body.

:ssh: If it was available with a 2.2 or 2.5, the turbo 2.2 supposedly isn't a difficult swap.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
So I have a new employee sent to me by an agency. Guy knows his poo poo but he's a bit slow, so I was worried. However, he brought me in 2 bottles of homemade wine, 3 dozen eggs from his chickens, 5 pounds of chouriço, Portuguese sausage, and a fresh, hot, croissant made by his wife. Dude can stay. God-loving-drat.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Well at least my pants fit better after this bout with a stomach bug.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

For the era they were sold in, they really weren't bad commuter cars.

They weren't even that. Those things were poo poo then and I have no idea how anybody could be nostalgic for either that piece of poo poo or the Chevy Vega. I really don't get how that's a thing. They were poo poo then and they're absolutely even worse poo poo now. Of all the cars we sold, we would get more k cars and Vega's back because they hosed up more than anything else so we stopped selling both. We'd take them in on trade but then they'd either go to the Thursday night iron auction where all cheap poo poo goes and new dealers who are trying to start off in the industry buy lovely cars or they'd go to a wrecker.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

gimpsuitjones posted:

June Chat Thread: Bitch About Your Job (or lack thereof)

I hated my first job out of college, so after a year I transferred to a different department.

Figured out it was the company after another year so I lined up a few interviews and took vacation days to go about them.

Got my current job, and I loving love this job. I get to make my work and I have the freedom to work on whatever I deem important. I'm meeting with my VP today to pitch a multi-million dollar project that will save the power company SO much money, and it's all because they gave me the freedom and culture to be able to look around for opportunity.

GO GO 2016 HYAH

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Noise Complaint posted:

So I have a new employee sent to me by an agency. Guy knows his poo poo but he's a bit slow, so I was worried. However, he brought me in 2 bottles of homemade wine, 3 dozen eggs from his chickens, 5 pounds of chouriço, Portuguese sausage, and a fresh, hot, croissant made by his wife. Dude can stay. God-loving-drat.

Send him over once you're done with him. I don't even care what it is he does.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

So today's daily report show that I did "23 hours of work" and the department average removing myself is at "5 hours"....

What are the career options for a man with an accounting degree and 3 years of underwriting experience that won't make me want to blow my brains out?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Speaking of K-cars, the new guy to my group turns out to be a car guy and he has two Chrysler TCs, and he showed me a pic of one with a set of RPF-1's on it :eyepop:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

A Maserati/Chrysler joint venture isn't going to move so it may as well look nice.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Even Aston Martin wanted to get in on the being lovely in the 80s act.

(Parked at CnC Aliso Viejo last week)

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 20, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Welp, Sonic had a good run

Someone gave me a v AI title though

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

It's not even a Prius in the av.

Still me @ ur posting:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The pharmacy tech here is a knock out. I assume picking up my crazy pills isn't a turn on tho.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The pharmacy tech here is a knock out. I assume picking up my crazy pills isn't a turn on tho.

I bet they are much less of a turn-off than anything that comes as a cream, or with a 'special applicator'

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

as a former pharmacy tech, the only real turnoff is if you're picking up your VD meds

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tusen Takk posted:

What in..? Why is that even a thing?
I mean, I like boobs, and I like cars, but - Miata boobs?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

People on the Internet will put boobs on literally everything.

The image behind his link is even scarier. Someone put a lot of weird thought into that.

e: Also Google "Aeromorphs" but don't say I didn't warn you. :nws:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i have the terrible car thread to thank for this wonderful title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Noise Complaint posted:

Best.employee.ever.

• Locked thread