Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh hey he did the molecular alteration thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
They're making Frequency a series? :psyduck:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaaahahaha. Getting to kill him 3 times over.

And that tiny little POOF boom. Oh Ray. You made a god drat shrink ray. :allears:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That was satisfying, I have to admit.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Rory complaining he doesn't get to kill him twice. This really is the best.

And ten bucks this is where they pull off transmutation again.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
What's wrong with interstellar space?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So, uh, how's everyone going back home?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Shoulda been! You're a moron!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Roofie him Jax!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaaaw. Rory has feelings.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Hourman? Awesome!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I will accept Justice Society of America as a hook into next season.

JamesBCrazy
Jul 1, 2014

Vengeance is a sucker's game.
If that means we get the Jack Knight Starman, it's fine with me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Turns out the trick to killing Savage was killing him infront of the meteor!

also did Rip say that Carter could kill him but in the 2nd ep he failed so :confused: writers fix your poo poo

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Turns out the trick to killing Savage was killing him infront of the meteor!

also did Rip say that Carter could kill him but in the 2nd ep he failed so :confused: writers fix your poo poo

IIRC their reasoning was that Carter was trying to kill him with something that belonged to Kendra. Or something like that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I was so ready to finally write this goddamn show off after tonight and then in the last few minutes they go and remove the second worst part of the show entirely and then have Patrick J. Adams, who I think is great, show up playing a character I really like? Not cool show. Not cool.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

I was so ready to finally write this goddamn show off after tonight and then in the last few minutes they go and remove the second worst part of the show entirely and then have Patrick J. Adams, who I think is great, show up playing a character I really like? Not cool show. Not cool.

Don't do it. You know it will still be bad in season 2 unless they fire all the writers and get new ones.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Don't do it. You know it will still be bad in season 2 unless they fire all the writers and get new ones.

No shut up, keep watching we need chats about season 2.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

X-O posted:

Felt the exact same with that ending. I thought they were going to somehow bring back Snart this episode. Then I learned Prison Break was being made again.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Spacebump posted:

Felt the exact same with that ending. I thought they were going to somehow bring back Snart this episode. Then I learned Prison Break was being made again.

Well sort of. Prison Break is going to be an "event" series. 10 episodes and done.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Thank god they finally just stabbed Savage, and no one went 'No wait, we can't just kill him, that would be murder!".

Aw man, you got my boots wet!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shockingly satisfying finale. I wonder if Flash and Arrow will have good fina-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"Now that Savage is gone, we can finally live our lives~"

"I GIVE IT THREE MONTHS TOPS :haw:"

Mick basically made putting up with Carter's bullshit for an entire season worth it with one line.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HOLY. loving. poo poo. MOTHAFUKKIN' HOURMAN AND THE JSA

The Spectre and Doctor Fate are going to gently caress things up

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Now I'm wondering what the gently caress The Spectre will look like on TV because yeah he's got a goofy outfit.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
So does he have a closet full of those jackets or are they immortal as well?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"My name is Rex Tyler and I'm with the Justice Society of America."

Well poo poo, they got me for season two.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Mike Ross! As Hourman! ugh. Ugh. This better not mean Suits is over. I assume they have different shooting schedules... Also, JSA. Also, thank god Carter is gone for good (other, than I assume several guest spots next year)

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Mike Ross! As Hourman! ugh. Ugh. This better not mean Suits is over. I assume they have different shooting schedules... Also, JSA. Also, thank god Carter is gone for good (other, than I assume several guest spots next year)

I'm guessing we will be seeing a bit less of Mike in the next season, given that he is in jail. Probably leaves him a bit more time to shoot LoT as well.

Also that was a pretty good final. They addressed a lot of the complaints over the whole season, wrote out the birds, then had a killer stinger. Probably the only drag was the whole "no you see you can't save Laurel because Guggy said so, she's proper dead" side plot.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I GIVE IT THREE MONTHS

TOPS

mick you're the best

AND HOURMAN

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BurritoJustice posted:

Also that was a pretty good final. They addressed a lot of the complaints over the whole season, wrote out the birds, then had a killer stinger. Probably the only drag was the whole "no you see you can't save Laurel because Guggy said so, she's proper dead" side plot.

I mean it's possible that part of why Rip chose Sara is because he knew she was going to die along with Laurel, and thus knew that sending her back was essentially a death sentence. Still weak, but at least understandable. Especially coming from a guy who tried and failed over and over to save his own family.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

God dammit Mike, you've got to accept that lawyers aren't superheroes.

Good finale, I think I'm hooked for a second season. I just hope they don't raise the episode count.

It's really weird how this show exists in a quantum state of awesome and dumb at the same time.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Kammat posted:

They're making Frequency a series? :psyduck:

Yes, and from the trailer it looks like one of the better series this year (which in general looks pretty dire). I don't know how long the concept can carry a series, but I enjoy it while it lasts.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
You get the sense that this season was a bit of a mess because the writers weren't quite sure about what they were going to do - they just knew they wanted to do something with Snart, Sara, Ray and Stein when they couldn't be squeezed into Flash/Arrow.

Dumping Savage and the Hawks, while introducing JSA and aliens is a huge step in the right direction, and I'm expecting LoT will be the best of the CW superhero shows next season (not a particularly high bar I admit).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Shockingly satisfying finale. I wonder if Flash and Arrow will have good fina-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have faith in Flash. Arrow, not so much (especially given the previews for it; at least Flash has proper city-wide destruction)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Oh my god, you can't do something simultaneously at three different times, that makes no sense! :argh:

And haven't they just doomed the Earth to alien invasion? Also, the time masters still exist, right? They don't have their magic time-controlling computer any more, but they've still got their time travel ships and all that.

X-O posted:

in the last few minutes they go and remove the second worst part of the show entirely
Fingers crossed for Rip to die at least as early in season 2 as Carter did in season 1.

BurritoJustice posted:

Probably the only drag was the whole "no you see you can't save Laurel because Guggy said so, she's proper dead" side plot.
I'm just wondering why Sara believed him. This guy has just been lying to them constantly from the start and is obviously the least competent time master - and that's a group who were dumb enough to let their incompetent enemies destroy their greatest asset. Rip says Laurel can't be saved, but if he's not lying he's probably just wrong. Don't take his word for it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Tiggum posted:

Oh my god, you can't do something simultaneously at three different times, that makes no sense! :argh:

For what it's worth, Star Trek: The Next Generation finale used this conceit for their finale.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Bad news everyone, he'll only be around for the first episode next season

BECAUSE IT'S AN HOUR LONG YOU SEE

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

Bad news everyone, he'll only be around for the first episode next season

BECAUSE IT'S AN HOUR LONG YOU SEE

He can play the same role as the 2 depowered halves of Firestorm! (i.e. useless normies)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

cool kids inc. posted:

Well sort of. Prison Break is going to be an "event" series. 10 episodes and done.

You know sure well that if it's a hit, they'll renew it. poo poo, Wayward Pines is back next week.

• Locked thread