Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I did the math and I'm gonna be one point short on my farm evaluation :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

TurnipFritter posted:

I did the math and I'm gonna be one point short on my farm evaluation :negative:

pat your dog more

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The witch finally visited me. I've only had one coop for a while so I guess the chances weren't that high, but at least I won't be screwed out of having the Void Egg in my Collection. And I can make Krobus love me.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Is there a marry Krobus mod yet?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

The dog got ignored for a year and a half and I'm afraid it's too late to make amends. Maybe I'll get real lucky and between Krobus and the traveling merchant I'll be able to finish off the aquarium. Or maybe I'll step up brewing production and try to make a million before winter is over.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wow, I'd never left my farmhouse early enough to notice the sprinklers are animated before.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

this is my next project once I'm finished with cleavage Krobus

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

novamute posted:

Joke's on him, she gets no one!

Doubly so because Maru loves being a farmer's wife. Half the things she says are about how happy she is and how great it is to live on the farm. I make a point of talking to her until she runs out of poo poo to say and clicking again so they hug/make a heart appear every day so hey bad husbando chick above try that and see if it helps if you aren't already doing that.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Or try marrying the doctor or someone instead of Fabio who writes bad fanfiction-level novels and Edward Mopeyhands who plays WoW all day.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Haskell9 posted:

Or try marrying the doctor or someone instead of Fabio who writes bad fanfiction-level novels and Edward Mopeyhands who plays WoW all day.

Alex is an awesome husbando.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Maybe she's not making her gal hug him enough then.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Discendo Vox posted:

I want an Undertale mod that lets you spare cave monsters instead of killing them, because befriending Krobus while genociding the rest of his monster race makes me feel kinda guilty sometimes.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

TurnipFritter posted:

Give it a diamond once you've gotten all the points you need. You should have a crystalarium by now, right? I hope you shoved a diamond in.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Bifauxnen posted:

I want an Undertale mod that lets you spare cave monsters instead of killing them, because befriending Krobus while genociding the rest of his monster race makes me feel kinda guilty sometimes.
I felt guilty the first time I encountered a slime. It was a cute little green thing and I had to let it attack me first before I splattered its insides across the floor.

I think the best way to expand Stardew is with the characters. Expanding dialogue, having more heart scenes and quests, that sort of thing. There's a lot of potential there with Krobus, the Adventurer's Guild, and the Wizard.

But aside from 'Bring X Crop to Y Person' or 'Kill X amount of Y' I'm not sure how to expand what's already there without upping the scope.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

MrSlam posted:

I felt guilty the first time I encountered a slime. It was a cute little green thing and I had to let it attack me first before I splattered its insides across the floor.

I think the best way to expand Stardew is with the characters. Expanding dialogue, having more heart scenes and quests, that sort of thing. There's a lot of potential there with Krobus, the Adventurer's Guild, and the Wizard.

But aside from 'Bring X Crop to Y Person' or 'Kill X amount of Y' I'm not sure how to expand what's already there without upping the scope.

I think you could craft narratives around the mail requests. Marnie and Jodie both have "hey can you bring me X?" that lead to cutscenes, so more stuff like that would help. Like, maybe Gus asks you for a tomato, and after you bring it to him the next time you enter the saloon at night you get a scene where he's letting some of the townsfolk try a new dish he made with the tomato, but it turns out to be really awful. So the next day, he sends you another request for a different ingredient, and you get another cutscene, and you have a quest chain like this that ends with him adding a new dish to his menu and giving you the recipe for it. Or maybe you have Lewis ask you for wine, then for cheese, then for strawberries, and so forth, and it unlocks a cutscene where the other townsfolk stumble on he and Marnie having a romantic evening and he's forced to man up and start publicly dating her.

Maybe Vincent and Jas ask you for stuff so they can make a gift for Penny.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So I'm obviously late to the party as usual with this game, and I have a pretty specific goal in mind here: I want to import sprite edits I made myself into the game to replace one outfit and one hat. Is there a tutorial or application or something that would let me do that fairly painlessly?

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

So I'm obviously late to the party as usual with this game, and I have a pretty specific goal in mind here: I want to import sprite edits I made myself into the game to replace one outfit and one hat. Is there a tutorial or application or something that would let me do that fairly painlessly?

This google doc is a nice tutorial for many different kinds of xnb editting. (Note: Always back up the original xnb files before you edit them, in case something goes wrong or you need to change it back.) The sections that should help will be I. Getting Started and II. Photo Editting.

Here's a tutorial with pictures for further clarity.

If anything's unclear, feel free to ask. Editting the sprites and other images with your own stuff is fun.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
All you scrubs not marrying the best husband. (Sebastian. I stocked up Frozen Tears and married his nerdy Goth rear end right in Spring Year Two.)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dovetaile posted:

All you scrubs not marrying the best husband. (Sebastian. I stocked up Frozen Tears and married his nerdy Goth rear end right in Spring Year Two.)

calling other people scrubs when you give away gemstones instead of sashimi

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I asked this in the before I play thread, but what should I know before I play Rune Factory 4?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Giant Boy Detective posted:

This google doc is a nice tutorial for many different kinds of xnb editting. (Note: Always back up the original xnb files before you edit them, in case something goes wrong or you need to change it back.) The sections that should help will be I. Getting Started and II. Photo Editting.

Here's a tutorial with pictures for further clarity.

If anything's unclear, feel free to ask. Editting the sprites and other images with your own stuff is fun.

Ok I managed to unpack the yamls and pngs but now the alpha channel in the pngs is not playing nice with any of my image editing software. Graphicsgale doesn't know what to make of it, and photoshop 7 is messing with my colors based on things I've deleted.

Can I just delete the alpha channel and call it a day? It's not like I plan on having my custom hat cast an oh so precious shadow on my guy's head.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

dovetaile posted:

Man between Sebastian and Abigail y'all need isyourgirlfriendahorse.com.

Turtlicious posted:

I asked this in the before I play thread, but what should I know before I play Rune Factory 4?

Where the actual Harvest Moon/Rune Factory thread is. Go down to Revol's Page 100 tips. Also it can take like a year game-time for the third act to start after the second (you can tell act breaks because credits).

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Man between Sebastian and Abigail y'all need isyourgirlfriendahorse.com.

Where the actual Harvest Moon/Rune Factory thread is. Go down to Revol's Page 100 tips. Also it can take like a year game-time for the third act to start after the second (you can tell act breaks because credits).

I misunderstood the thread title for this thread, I'm not a smart man.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

dovetaile posted:

:whatup: High five, other best husband-haver!

Given how all spouses are doomed to live the rest of their lives locked in the farmhouse (most of the time), Sebastian was the most likely candidate to naturally do that of his own freewill. However, I did modify his married schedule so he would continue to hang out with Sam like usual on Saturdays. So he actually gets out of the house 3 out of 7 days of the week, plenty for such a reclusive guy.

Really Pants posted:

I started my game blind, with only a few hints from reading the very early updates of Mega64's LP. So I didn't know what most of the villagers liked, nevermind loved. I only started giving gifts if a friend or family member told me what the NPC's liked/loved things were. Sam only talked about his own family, and the only person in Sebastian's family that acknowledged he existed was his mom. The carpenter. Whom I mainly only talked to when she's in shop mode.

...I pretty much woo'd Sebastian all the way into late Fall y1 by just talking to him.

It was only until Robin's birthday came up, which got me enough hearts with her (7 or 8 I think?) for her to give me her "old family recipe" for Pumpkin Soup. Now, if a goon lives in his mother's basement for so long, he has to like her cooking or he would've starved years ago. Thanks for the key to your son's rear end heart, Robin!

So I'm the scrub who didn't know about Sashimi or Frozen Tears (hahaha) and thus won my husband over with Pumpkin Soup. :v:

Lurdiak posted:

Ok I managed to unpack the yamls and pngs but now the alpha channel in the pngs is not playing nice with any of my image editing software. Graphicsgale doesn't know what to make of it, and photoshop 7 is messing with my colors based on things I've deleted.

Can I just delete the alpha channel and call it a day? It's not like I plan on having my custom hat cast an oh so precious shadow on my guy's head.

Huh, I haven't tried Graphics Gale, and I'm working with the older Photoshop CS 5, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot for 7. Maybe someone in the Graphic Editing thread on Chucklefish may be able to help you? The thread also has a link to an irc channel for them, but I haven't used it, so no idea how populated that is.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Huh, I haven't tried Graphics Gale, and I'm working with the older Photoshop CS 5, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot for 7. Maybe someone in the Graphic Editing thread on Chucklefish may be able to help you? The thread also has a link to an irc channel for them, but I haven't used it, so no idea how populated that is.

I didn't say CS 7.

I'll look into those forums, thanks.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't say CS 7.

I'll look into those forums, thanks.

Wow, where did you even find that? It's what, 15, 16 years old?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Really Pants posted:

Stocked up. At one point I had like 9 Frozen Tears. I also woo'd him with a bunch of other poo poo he liked. (Also fishing is hard as gently caress.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Well well, look who finally quit his horrible job and made a life for himself away from his lovely brother.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Wow, where did you even find that? It's what, 15, 16 years old?

It's the one version of photoshop I actually have a license for, so....

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Lurdiak posted:

Well well, look who finally quit his horrible job and made a life for himself away from his lovely brother.

It's the one version of photoshop I actually have a license for, so....

... He's marrying Haley, isn't he.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

... He's marrying Haley, isn't he.
She'd only end up being kidnapped every other week.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He's marrying fellow refugee from another game, Lucca from Chrono Trigger.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

He's marrying fellow refugee from another game, Lucca from Chrono Trigger.

What about Fabio from Wizards and Warriors 3

Anyway, managed to get a four candle evaluation. Unfortunately, the scramble through winter 2 to make a million bucks sort of... puts a damper on playing any more. Especially with the cycle back to spring, where, it's like, none of the crops are worth poo poo (and even in Summer/Fall they still won't compare to the starfruit wine industry I got going on), and while I wanted to play until I finished the community center, neither Krobus or the Merchant had any of the fish I needed for like half of winter, so in year 3 I'd probably just literally sleep through the days until Wednesday/Friday/Sunday. I guess it's time to shelf it until 1.1 comes out.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 21, 2016

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Are there any pictures out there that list all the various hairstyles/clothing from the character creator that your PC can have?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Luigi wouldn't marry Haley. She's too much like Princess Peach. He'd more go after Penny, who wears yellow and has brown hair, just like Princess Daisy.

Or you could claim that Haley is closer to Princess Rosalina because she wears blue and has blonde hair.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Has anyone made a female character with a chin yet? I feel like it's missing in the regular character.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 21, 2016

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Zephyrine posted:

Has anyone made a female character with a chin yet? I feel like it's missing in the regular character.

http://community.playstarbound.com/...-3#post-2793157

Before and after comparison on my character using a combined version that includes round face and skirt (http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/skirt-dress-for-male-or-female-farmer-round-face-for-males.109441/):

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

That's certainly a lot better.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Made a new save file, got a meteorite on Spring 11. What the gently caress am I supposed to do with it this early, game? Jesus wept.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Finally got a Prismatic Shard, and thus Galaxy Sword! That's one of the "bucket list" things I wanted to do with the game before I put it down for a while, intentionally this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's kind of a shame you don't really need the Galaxy Sword for anything, unless you're a big fan of Spicy Eel.

ConcernedApe please make Pierre's Stardew Fair grange display into a raid boss