Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Azhais posted:

Is there some non-violent way to force a caravan to leave your drat settlement? Cricket has been here for weeks and her and her whole drat crew are in the way of my building. I've gotten rid of the caravan post, moved it, nothing. They just stand around.

Is there a console command or something to make them gtfo?

Bullets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

botany posted:

I've given up survival, the game is just too poorly balanced for it. I don't enjoy having to try and cheese Kellogg 30 times in order to kill the fucker, or any of the other forced encounters that gently caress you on survival.

Survival is for people who know all the tricks in the game and still want a challenge (and who are willing to deal with no quicksave and no fast travel). If this isn't you, you don't want to be playing survival.

I pretty much only died in survival mode when I tried something using poor tactics. Like, "I'll just stand in the middle of this open field and start sniping all those supermutants over there with my non silenced rifle, surely that will work out well. I killed 1! I killed another! Some are running towards me. I'm not hidden any more. OH poo poo HERE COMES A MISSILE and I'm dead".

When I was not being stupid, I was in sneak mode pretty much all the time, with maxxed out sneak perks. Silenced weapons. As soon as I was spotted, I turned and ran and got behind cover until I could be hidden again. Running from most anything is generally easy because enemy pathing sucks. They can't figure out how to navigate around things or over things. They can't jump up, they don't want to jump down.

The whole idea of survival mode is that anything will probably kill you in one or two hits, so you'd better play so as to not get hit. For your example, you know that Kellogg is going to have a little talk with you, and then him and his two synths will all attack you at once, and he's tough. So, screw that, don't talk to him. I did what someone else here just suggested, which is that I grabbed the fat man which is conveniently placed like two rooms before you get to him, and I shot him with a mini nuke as soon as he stepped out. Instantly dead. If you didn't manage to get the fat man, you try something else. Like immediately take a jet (or hopefully buffjet or psycho jet which last longer), and then hit him with whatever your highest damage weapons are. Throw some bottlecap mines in front of him, or see how many plasma grenades you can dump on him before the jet runs out, and then keep popping more jet so you're always in bullet time till he's dead.

Here's a hilarious video of a guy who tried to take on a fight which was much too tough for him, died non stop until he finally found a solution. Which shows that one can really beat any fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqg-qY0ZCMA

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
I reinstalled game to play two new DLCs and looks like my saves are gone :( is there a lvl requirements to play them?
Also, holly poo poo this new (for me) survival mode.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'd kind of like some of the Survival mechanics, but the lethality is so high I can't get into it. Is there a mod for Survival mode that lets you scale back the damage values?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The story thing I was talking about comes up more when you have the Railroad dialogue options, but I feel like they were using synths to try to draw parallels to LGBT issues, although since it's Bethesda not always successfully.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Spray & Pray is a neat and balanced gun if you have no skill points into the related skill. Once you start putting points into it though. It quickly becomes ridiculously over powered. To the point where stray shots will strip a BOS knight of all his armour pieces and mortally wound him.

A stray salvo will outright kill someone in power armour instantly and throw them across the room.

As for double-shot weapons. I had a double shot laser rifle and it was near useless because the extra shot added an extra recoil and so I could barely hit anything at all with it. On a sniper rifle it was great though. Mostly.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Got the Far Harbor invisibility glitch on PS4. How do I get rid of it?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just had to close the game and restart.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 20, 2016

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kirs posted:

I reinstalled game to play two new DLCs and looks like my saves are gone :( is there a lvl requirements to play them?
Also, holly poo poo this new (for me) survival mode.

Far Harbor kicks in as a sidequest once you rescue Nick and become his partner, able to take cases from him. Automatron's quest becomes available once you hit Level 15, though it can be a little rough at that low level because the robot enemies are really fierce.

Also, for those wondering: yes you CAN use Local Leader to connect your Far Harbor settlements back to the Commonwealth.

And the new party member, Longfellow, likes it when you drink booze.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lotish posted:

I'd kind of like some of the Survival mechanics, but the lethality is so high I can't get into it. Is there a mod for Survival mode that lets you scale back the damage values?

Wear power armor all the time.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is it necessary to follow the dog halfway across the map, or can you just fast travel to Fort Hagen? I mean, I know where the drat dog is going.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Vault 118 might be my favorite in the series.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Orange Sunshine posted:

Is it necessary to follow the dog halfway across the map, or can you just fast travel to Fort Hagen? I mean, I know where the drat dog is going.

Dogmeat will meet you at the fort eventually if you go straight there

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

So I'm getting that thing where water purifiers don't dump purified water into my workbench anymore. I've got an enormous overproduction (like 250+ for maybe 30 settlers total)

Is there a fix to this? It's been going on for a long while I've just not been too bothered by it, but I'm running out of pre-war money and would like an alternate form of currency

I've found that having dirty water in the workshop at the settlement prevents it from spawning purified water, so try taking it out and see if it starts generating again.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
Really liking Far Harbor's atmosphere. It actually feels a lot like Dragonborn with the whole sparse island with secrets thing.

Not sure what happened with my first Dalton farm defense. Happened as soon as I showed up and the enemies were insane bullet sponges.

Dalton is going to be a great place to be a water baron, I suspect.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Orange Sunshine posted:

The shortcuts in the main quest I found:

You can go straight from sanctuary to save Nick.
One the dog starts searching you can go straight to fort Hagen. Going to fort Hagen early will mean the elevator going down to the basement won't work.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I almost feel bad for interrupting the ghouls at Eden Cinema. They looked so happy watching that movie promo... well, until they went hostile.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I'm quite enjoying the feel of Far Harbour. Only a little way into the main quest but it feels big and the atmosphere is cool. The enemies seem crazy overpowered though. I'm lvl 60 ish with power armour and a gauss rifle and some fights feel punishing. One huge negative is the framerate though, it just bottoms out when going through the fog. I'm on PS4 and I thought consistent performance was one of the major bonuses consoles have over PC. How wrong I was!

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

The shortcuts in the main quest I found:

You can go straight from sanctuary to save Nick.
One the dog starts searching you can go straight to fort Hagen. Going to fort Hagen early will mean the elevator going down to the basement won't work.

I ran by Piper at the diamond city entrance to go save Nick without ever going inside or doing her dialogue. After I saved Nick and came back she was bugged. She was standing by the mayor, but still bitching for Danny to open the gate. After the meeting with Nick at his office, she was the at the news stand by her sister and it was funny to hear her still doing it. She was back to normal once I killed Kellogg and came back to start the memory den stuff though.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Speedball posted:

Also, for those wondering: yes you CAN use Local Leader to connect your Far Harbor settlements back to the Commonwealth.
This just made my day. I set Jezebel as the link to the mainland because I hope robobrains can get seasick, and then I rebuilt Ahab to run between Longfellow's cabin and the farm. I think I'll use Sentry Bots exclusively for trade routes on the island so that I'll have extra fire support when things get hairy and bullet-spongey.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bob Socko posted:

This just made my day. I set Jezebel as the link to the mainland because I hope robobrains can get seasick, and then I rebuilt Ahab to run between Longfellow's cabin and the farm. I think I'll use Sentry Bots exclusively for trade routes on the island so that I'll have extra fire support when things get hairy and bullet-spongey.

whoa wait, you can use sentry bots as provisioners with the robot dlc?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Epic High Five posted:

So I'm getting that thing where water purifiers don't dump purified water into my workbench anymore. I've got an enormous overproduction (like 250+ for maybe 30 settlers total)

Is there a fix to this? It's been going on for a long while I've just not been too bothered by it, but I'm running out of pre-war money and would like an alternate form of currency
On PS4 I had an issue where purified water wouldn't generate. So after reading around I took all my Aid items out of the workbench and put them in another container. Purified water and my adhesive crops started generating again. Go figure.

I'm guessing it's a glitch caused by one of the two first DLCs, the Survival mode patch or maybe having some DLC item in the workbench.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Kenny Logins posted:

On PS4 I had an issue where purified water wouldn't generate. So after reading around I took all my Aid items out of the workbench and put them in another container. Purified water and my adhesive crops started generating again. Go figure.

I'm guessing it's a glitch caused by one of the two first DLCs, the Survival mode patch or maybe having some DLC item in the workbench.

If I take them out of the workbench and put them into another shared container, like say, the armor bench, would that work?

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Your settlements share all the workbenches inventories, iirc. So there isn't really an armor bench storage separate from weapons bench etc. I always just set up a container next to a bench to dump water and other sellable things like cigarettes and gold, then either sell at your shop or pile it into a settler and send them where you want the stuff.

Has anyone released a mod that changes the death sound to something more lighthearted? Sad_trombone.aiff would really soften the blow off losing a half hour of progress.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Volkerball posted:

whoa wait, you can use sentry bots as provisioners with the robot dlc?

Yup, with the robot DLC you can make robot settlers who can do pretty much everything a human settler can do. And a few things human settlers can't do.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
well gently caress. i'm gonna have to redo my entire settlement design now. i'd been doing this

but if i can have sentry bots out patrolling around ready to gently caress poo poo up, i'm gonna have to toss in a shitload of overlapping paths so they'll be everywhere. send out like 5 of them from each settlement lol.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

And that's why I never pass by a coffee cup. Making a death bot army to patrol the commonwealth requires a lot of ceramic.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Lotish posted:

If I take them out of the workbench and put them into another shared container, like say, the armor bench, would that work?
No, it needs to be a separate container.

Yes, it is kind of a pain to have to pull Aid items for any kind of drug/food crafting.

I haven't narrowed it down yet any further except you might be ok leaving corn/mutfruit/tatos in the workbench.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

marktheando posted:

And that's why I never pass by a coffee cup. Making a death bot army to patrol the commonwealth requires a lot of ceramic.

I have collected enough coffee cups to make Muggy go insane.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Survivor-mode with companions: take extra care before being lowered on a lift to command your companion to get on the platform with you. Last night I ran into a bug where Cait jumped off a raider freeway (south of Sunshine Tidings) and broke her legs on the roof of the shack below. When I landed, I tried to jump up from the ground and administer a stimpack at the same time and she entered a state where she acknowledged receipt (and I got the pop up that it was removed from inventory) but she would not stand up. It bugged me as well as when I crouched I no longer went into Sneak. Luckily I had saved on a mattress up in the raider hideout.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kenny Logins posted:

No, it needs to be a separate container.

Yes, it is kind of a pain to have to pull Aid items for any kind of drug/food crafting.

I haven't narrowed it down yet any further except you might be ok leaving corn/mutfruit/tatos in the workbench.

If you've got enough food you don't get more food.

If you've got enough water you don't get more water.

If you've got enough junk you don't get more junk.

If you've got enough brahmin poo poo, you don't get more brahmin poo poo, except that's bugged and you can get unlimited brahmin poo poo.

But the first three are working.

Also when you save extra food, it's just randomly chosen and can even be from plants you don't have planted at the settlement.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Glazius posted:

If you've got enough food you don't get more food.

If you've got enough water you don't get more water.

If you've got enough junk you don't get more junk.

If you've got enough brahmin poo poo, you don't get more brahmin poo poo, except that's bugged and you can get unlimited brahmin poo poo.

But the first three are working.

Also when you save extra food, it's just randomly chosen and can even be from plants you don't have planted at the settlement.

Did not know this.

So should we be moving all of the following from our Workshop inventory and into a separate container: purified water, dirty water, junk, food ingredients/edibles?

What does the Brahmin do? I tried to assign a settler to it but no milk has been produced. Maybe it's male.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

I poopsocked my way through Far Harbor, might very well be my favorite piece of DLC of any of the Fallout games, I'd say it was worth the season pass price (although I bought it at the cheap price) by itself.

The locations felt like they generally provided something interesting, the quests/choices were great as well. I'm really curious to see what choices other people made, I almost wish Bethesda had a TellTale style choice comparison screen at the end.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
It's not milk you get from brahmins. :ssh:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

What's the latest word on when the GECK is going to be released? I promised myself I was going to wait until it came out and we had some really awesome mods but now the game is on sale.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

What does the Brahmin do? I tried to assign a settler to it but no milk has been produced. Maybe it's male.

Make jet. Then make psycho jet. Then sell it off to vendors. Great for both xp and caps.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

LLSix posted:

What's the latest word on when the GECK is going to be released? I promised myself I was going to wait until it came out and we had some really awesome mods but now the game is on sale.

It's in open beta right now. I don't know if they've said when it'll be out of beta, if that's what you were asking.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm loving the harpoon gun.

Is there a console command I can use to repair my armour? I'm just cheating in components at this point because I can't be bothered to gather the large piles of metal I need to tape together every time I look the wrong way at a mirelurk, but I'm still fast travelling to somewhere with a power armour station and actually having to get the components, which is a lot of work.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Ron Jeremy posted:

Make jet. Then take psycho jet. Then make more jet.

FTFY

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
What does the harpoon gun count as anyway? Heavy weapon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

QuantaStarFire posted:

I've found that having dirty water in the workshop at the settlement prevents it from spawning purified water, so try taking it out and see if it starts generating again.

Excellent thought, I've got a bunch in there and will give this a shot

• Locked thread