Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

dragonstalking posted:

I officially invite you to join Sniggwaffe. Don't be useless, inactive, or a drama queen for a year and I'll see you in Snigg afterwards.

But being useless, inactive, and a drama queen are my best qualities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Paco Vato posted:

no because right now deploying an XL in kspace would last less time than Target did in Canada.

A year and bit? Too optimistic.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Daco and Dalael are essentially Vysts last presidential Pardons before his term expired.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 20, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

vyst posted:

But being useless, inactive, and a drama queen are my best qualities.

Dreddit is recruiting.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

Dreddit is recruiting.

Only serious pilots allowed in I assume.

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012
I.... er... don't think Paco is that bad. I actually found his most recent posts whimsical and funny. Clearly I don't get goon culture. I will post more.

In other news, hard knocks citadel is basically never going to die and I feel sad that it will have the repercussion of krabs krabbing forever and then raping everyone else.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This EVE battle history book is awesome. In the little time I've had to read, the south coalition versus the red resistance is enthralling! I am excited to get to the end! :D

Where does it end? How much will I have missed out on?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

VideoGames posted:

This EVE battle history book is awesome. In the little time I've had to read, the south coalition versus the red resistance is enthralling! I am excited to get to the end! :D

reading about what people do in this game is possibly the best part about this game. enjoy it, friend

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have work to do but I cannot stop reading! I am seriously enjoying it :). Plus the miner from belgrade sounds exactly like what I have been doing! Mining in Lonetrek and selling in Jita in a venture! Its so awesome!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

your ~friends~ have turned you into a literal meme and poo poo on you at every chance. do you have stockholm syndrome or is this a fetish

yeah put in an app i'm the most important vouch there is

lol

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Have you gotten to the chapter called 'Enter Goons' yet :sun:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
So last night we camped the saranen undock for a while, and we killed a lot of bombers and travel ceptors, as well as anyone dumb enough to undock a cruiser

then we killed an astrahus

not bad, all in in all

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

reading about what people do in this game is possibly the best part about this game.

Hence the D-names being sent to break Goonwaffe in the only way it could realistically happen; poisoning the EVE thread.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

So last night we camped the saranen undock for a while, and we killed a lot of bombers and travel ceptors, as well as anyone dumb enough to undock a cruiser

then we killed an astrahus

not bad, all in in all

then you got pipebombed on the way out, lawl

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Hubbl3 posted:

Since GSF always had a logistic shortage I trained those and flew those in almost all fleets, my killboard is pretty boring, few losses many kills from my time in Brave, only 1 solo kill so far (vs Marmite in Highsec). That said I don't think I'm suited for PL right now, because PL certainly doesn't look for a logistics pilot/F1 monkey. But thanks. :)

Kills are mostly viewed as activity. Given that PL is 'mostly' a PvP alliance- activity is pretty important.

Syndic Thrass posted:

Would you vouch me? Not just because you loving owe me, but because of my post quality?

I don't owe you a drat thing, and no I wouldn't- I'm signing on the dotted line for exactly one other person (i.e. not you) and never vouching anyone again.

It's not personal, but in a recent change vouches are directly linked to your continued existence in the alliance. I couldn't imagine being anywhere but PL, so :nope: not jeopardizing that.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 20, 2016

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Paco Vato posted:

"D-name poster" is a thread meme because there was this strange consistency of all the posters who had names that started with "D" making bad posts.

Oh.

gently caress you, frozenphil.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

then you got pipebombed on the way out, lawl

if by "you" you mean like 5% of our allies who were there and don't understand how to avoid pipebombs, then yes

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Xolve posted:

Kills are mostly viewed as activity. Given that PL is 'mostly' a PvP alliance- activity is pretty important.

Reminder that the oft-maligned paplink system originated as a means of tracking useful non-kill activity like logi, scouts etc. Kills aren't the only PvP metric.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I bet I could get someone to vouch me into PL

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

if by "you" you mean like 5% of our allies who were there and don't understand how to avoid pipebombs, then yes

yeah, you

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

you lost way more in the pipebomb than you killed

all that eliteness, trumped by boat in thirty seconds :smith:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Vando posted:

Reminder that the oft-maligned paplink system originated as a means of tracking useful non-kill activity like logi, scouts etc. Kills aren't the only PvP metric.

PAP links 'appear' to be a way to get people to do things they don't want to do- even if that wasn't their original purpose or intent.

Kill quotas just means you're murdering dudes in space, be that camping an undock, fleet participation, slumming with Waffles (read: learning how to get good), FCing for Horde, or elite pvp in lowsec.

They're both means of accomplishing the same thing, I think the kill quota method is more fluid and allows for people who have less time than others to still be 'active' without waiting for a sadistic FC to finally link the PAP when he decides the fleet is over.

I suppose the biggest difference is PAP links are probably the best for an organization the size of GSF while the kill quota method works for an alliance PL's size where most fleets in any particular timezone cap out around 60-70 dudes.

vyst posted:

I bet I could get someone to vouch me into PL

I bet you could too.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Vando posted:

Kills are just a basic metric and 60 kills in 2 months is a surprisingly low bar to begin with. Keep in mind that structures and tower modules count too.

And the logi pilots are fine. No active logi pilot runs the risk of being purged for inactivity.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Kills are just a basic metric and 60 kills in 2 months is a surprisingly low bar to begin with. Keep in mind that structures and tower modules count too.

So do losses.

evilweasel posted:

you lost way more in the pipebomb than you killed

all that eliteness, trumped by boat in thirty seconds :smith:

Boat, the only FC ever to get podded on his own undock, 3 times, in 10 minutes.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Xolve posted:

Boat, the only FC ever to get podded on his own undock, 3 times, in 10 minutes.

and yet he still outkilled ordo's fleet :smugdog:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

evilweasel posted:

and yet he still outkilled ordo's fleet :smugdog:

Our retards only think they're better than your retards because your people keep telling them they're elite.

It's both tragic and comedic. Undead Zombie Space Shakespeare would approve.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
it is my sacred duty to remind (my nerds) that (your nerds) are a dumpster fire

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

The history book ends right around The First Great War which took place around 2006 - 2008.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
So what's PL going to do with the Fortizar they're supposedly anchoring off the Saranen undock?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

So what's PL going to do with the Fortizar they're supposedly anchoring off the Saranen undock?

chill in it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
shoot us

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

farming content

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

This is so cute. :3:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

I expect to lose it after winning a subcap brawl when it comes out of it's first invuln timer.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Allo SAfriends!

I love flying logi. I have all these space mans with all this F1 power but my favorite thing to do in fleets is logi bar none. My work schedule doesn't allow for a lot of USTZ fleets though, so my space priests and boosterman just chill for now. I may be switching to day shift soon and I hope I do so I can do more evening fleets.

No one from PL ever answered the question -- you have an x kill per y days metric - does that mean your logi dudes are forced to fit a whore gun? Seems a bit counterproductive. Also what about people with lots of different space mans? I don't know if anyone's ever joined PL like "all I want to do is logis, caps, and haul poo poo." Would that even work? Not asking for me I'm curious how other entities work since I only know the present-day goon system of paps and such, which as vando mentioned works great for tracking active logi guys. I'd like to know in case I decide to start my own corp, which is something I have given some thought to. Of course it would be an evegoon corp before you even ask!

Zephyrine posted:

Daco and Dalael are essentially Vysts last presidential Pardons before his term expired.

Allo phordephriend. Don't know what you mean by this. I know that while vyst and I aren't card-carrying members of each others respective fan clubs, but point of fact he was always even-handed in dealing with me. I don't know how he would have "pardoned" me exactly. He just... did his job. Also your analogy is poor here because directorate != president.

Also hey I was just wondering if maybe you could dial it down with the "daco" stuff a bit? I know you're kind of kidding and all and I get the joke -- it was even sort of funny a couple pages ago. The thing is though that I thought you were a bit above the din of "stfu paco" and we were actually cool with each other. If I'm mistaken that's too bad and by all means have fun, but I do think highly of you and I wish you would stop posting things like that about me and forcing me to reassess that whole "Ang is chill" paradigm I have. Thank you!

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Paco Vato posted:

No one from PL ever answered the question -- you have an x kill per y days metric - does that mean your logi dudes are forced to fit a whore gun? Seems a bit counterproductive. Also what about people with lots of different space mans? I don't know if anyone's ever joined PL like "all I want to do is logis, caps, and haul poo poo." Would that even work? Not asking for me I'm curious how other entities work since I only know the present-day goon system of paps and such, which as vando mentioned works great for tracking active logi guys. I'd like to know in case I decide to start my own corp, which is something I have given some thought to. Of course it would be an evegoon corp before you even ask!

PL is pretty small, the sub1 crowd is even smaller- if you're active in that group, people know.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

subcap brawl

lol

has there been any noteworthy fight since M-O

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

People will stop treating you like a D poster when you stop acting like one.

And spare me the whole "used to be chill" That has been done to death. To me and everyone else who left GSF. People grasp for reasons but the words are the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Xolve posted:

PL is pretty small, the sub1 crowd is even smaller- if you're active in that group, people know.

aye -- repswarm is actually relatively small too I'd like to see more members taking up the space priest role. It's fun and I think requires much more work than being DPS. For instance given my meager multibox skills I could probably do a DPS+logi at the same time, but I don't think I could do 2xlogi at once. There's just way too much more to take into account when flying logi - the increase in challenge being what I love about it of course.

I do have some interesting (to me) plans and stuff I'm going to try out but it's going to take some additional theory crafting. I tried to take the longer view when I started playing last year. I do want a super (that wasn't a joke) but I'd like to dock it somewhere, so I'm waiting on the wailing wall of wherever now which is fine too -- there's no rush for me to poopsock 150B without space to rat in. That's a lot of plastic wraps!

• Locked thread