Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Phanatic posted:

That moment when the brave moderate Muslim who stood up to anti-immigration protesters, earning your viral praise, is revealed to be a Holocaust-denying Jew-hater before she manages to scrub her social media accounts clean of her anti-Semitism:

I'm a Jew, and I don't care. She's still right about the anti-immigration guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What about the Jews who do care?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm a Jew, and I don't care. She's still right about the anti-immigration guys.
Right about...that you should take selfies in front of them? :confused:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Phanatic posted:

That moment when the brave moderate Muslim who stood up to anti-immigration protesters, earning your viral praise, is revealed to be a Holocaust-denying Jew-hater before she manages to scrub her social media accounts clean of her anti-Semitism:

She hates jews, and that's wrong.
We hate muslims, and that's okay.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Really just striking back at those guys in the most pointless, ineffectual way possible.

I'm gonna find a KKK rally and do an armpit-fart in front of them to show the world that WE WILL NOT BACK DOWN. *ffrrrrttttt*

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Really just striking back at those guys in the most pointless, ineffectual way possible.

I'm gonna find a KKK rally and do an armpit-fart in front of them to show the world that WE WILL NOT BACK DOWN. *ffrrrrttttt*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4P1kKK-5k

This is pretty much what my farts sound like, armpit or otherwise.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Peanut President posted:

:crossarms:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Imagined posted:

I'd say the schadenfreude is on me for continuing to live here but I'm not sure who's deriving any pleasure from what Fallin and her buddy Brownback have done to Oklahoma and Kansas, respectively. :smithicide:

The optimist in me hopes that it's a temporary pain that leads to a permanent debunking of trickle down economics. So thanks for taking one for the team I guess?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Google shows her last tweet as "The latest Tweets from Zakia Belkhiri (@rabiosaaloca). How my life ... I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST JEWS THOSE TWEETS ARE FAKE THEY ARE .." and her account is removed.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
With jews you lose (your twitter account)

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Like a young Zach Morris.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Imagined posted:

Like all the states with Tea Party governors, my state's infrastructure is crumbling. So I assumed that was the cause when I heard a busy bridge collapsed in town today. Turns out that wasn't directly true, but I'm still guessing the fact that this bridge was built in 1952 and poorly maintained since was a contributing factor.

What happened was that the clearance of the span over the eastbound side is 14'8", while the westbound side is 14'4". Apparently this semi loaded with a boom lift went through the eastbound side earlier today, did whatever he needed to do, and then went back west, probably without a care in the world...

Luckily nobody was injured so we can laugh. I enjoyed the internet commenters' response (our state is facing a $1.3 billion budget shortfall):

"In response to bridge collapse, Governor Fallin announces tax cuts for the energy industry."

"Mary Fallin cuts additional 50 teachers to pay for bridge repair"

Mary Fallin will find a way to make this worse, so expect more in this thread later.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Peanut President posted:

Using a broad term for "we", unless you mean yourself and the other 47 xenophobic voices in your head

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mr E posted:

Mary Fallin will find a way to make this worse, so expect more in this thread later.

They failed conservatism, conservatism did not fail. We need to be more Trump than Trump.

See Kansas and maybe a few other states are becoming bigger dumpster fires.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
How exactly does Kansas keep digging a bigger hole? Like how have they not done a hot take and said "well THAT didn't work!"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

How exactly does Kansas keep digging a bigger hole? Like how have they not done a hot take and said "well THAT didn't work!"

Because it's working as intended for them and their buddies. It's wealth distribution, just from the bottom to the top.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Kansas: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"

Economists: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"

Kansas: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Don't forget their legislator trying to defund their own state supreme court and passing a law that says "can't hear you lalalalalalala! Also you're illegal poopy heads"

Again. "We failed conservatism, conservatism did not fail. "

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Fallin' is the best name for that governor.

oldpainless posted:

What about the Jews who do care?

"You remind me of the babe," he threatened.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Strudel Man posted:

Right about...that you should take selfies in front of them? :confused:

She's right that they're arseholes who deserve mockery and defiance.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Hyperlynx posted:

She's right that they're arseholes who deserve mockery and defiance.
Man, there's a lot of people out there who think that the Grand Canyon deserves mockery and defiance.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Strudel Man posted:

Man, there's a lot of people out there who think that the Grand Canyon deserves mockery and defiance.

It’s almost as though an action’s context matters.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Phanatic posted:

She didn't really ASK to be made into a symbol, she was just being defiant and taking some selfies for her own satisfaction at an event which upset her, and then social media turned her into a hero and popped her onto a pedestal juuuuusst quickly enough for her to violently tumble off of it.

EDIT: Really it's more indicative of the fact that the internet chews people up and spits them out. If you are unlucky enough to be noticed, in ANY capacity, everything you do and have done will be rooted up quickly. So then we make folk heroes of people and doom them to this intense, overwhelming scrutiny.

I'm not saying I agree with this woman's word or actions. But racists and xenophobes are a dime-a-dozen on the internet. Its kinda our fault for canonizing her and expecting her to be perfect, just because she took A Selfie.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 19:09 on May 20, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Platystemon posted:

It’s almost as though an action’s context matters.
Yes, yes, I'm being excessively dismissive, and one can reasonably infer something about a person's motivations when doing something like that. Still, it is at least a bit silly to say that someone is "right about" something when you're only really judging your own inferences about what their opinions are likely to be.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

She didn't really ASK to be made into a symbol, she was just being defiant and taking some selfies for her own satisfaction at an event which upset her, and then social media turned her into a hero and popped her onto a pedestal juuuuusst quickly enough for her to violently tumble off of it.
Yeah, I honestly feel slightly bad for her more than anything. Some random lady's terrible opinions hardly matter, and don't really justify the endless hounding and apologetics she's going to get.

Strudel Man has a new favorite as of 19:09 on May 20, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, I honestly feel slightly bad for her more than anything. Some random lady's terrible opinions hardly matter, and don't really justify the endless hounding and apologetics she's going to get.

We live in a society where anyone who gets the slightest internet attention nowadays for any kind of opinion gets thousands of people insulting them

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

oldpainless posted:

We live in a society where anyone who gets the slightest internet attention nowadays for any kind of opinion gets thousands of people insulting them
It's a pity, yes. I'm not sure we're psychologically well-disposed, as a species, to instantaneous worldwide communication.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

New Street Fighter movie looking good.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

Schadenfreude, or insurance fraud?(freude?)

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://vine.co/v/i0xFmF19bKF

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nice shoulderblock that she threw on that motorcyclist, she's in the running for a remake of Deathrace 2000.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

SierraEchoBravo posted:

Schadenfreude, or insurance fraud?(freude?)

I think the lady saw the bike approaching in her peripheral vision and the lizard brain kicked in with "MOVE FASTER THING COMING AT ME"
It probably would've been fine if the bike hadn't swerved to avoid her.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

WASTED

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Roro posted:

It probably would've been fine if the bike hadn't swerved to avoid her.

Or if she hadn't run directly into it like a drooling retard.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Strudel Man posted:

It's a pity, yes. I'm not sure we're psychologically well-disposed, as a species, to instantaneous worldwide communication.

There's a book about all of this that has been on my reading list for awhile:

http://www.amazon.com/So-Youve-Been-Publicly-Shamed/dp/1594487138

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Deadly Mongoose posted:

Yes, just like every Friday. You don't need to post this every week in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n24cnRobY2I

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

What's the story with the old guy constantly getting startled by the person with the camera? Are they related? What is he yelling at him? It sounds like "GRRRS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gross Dude posted:

There's a book about all of this that has been on my reading list for awhile:

http://www.amazon.com/So-Youve-Been-Publicly-Shamed/dp/1594487138

Wasn't this guy a guest on the Daily Show a while back? His story for writing it was kind of hilarious IIRC because it was basically "Yeah, I used to be a huge rear end in a top hat to people until someone was a huge rear end in a top hat to me on facebook! It hurt my feelings, this is important now!"