Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

it would be better if the voiceover was done by dj professor k from jet set radio

Yeah, but so would everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure there are ways to make turn based combat sound exciting but that guy doing voiceover is not it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Informal poll: Oldest anime you like that you'd consider amazing? I hate numerical scores but to make it simple let's just say oldest anime you've seen that you'd give a 10 out of 10 to.

Mine would be, the very first Lupin tv series, from 71. Also the oldest tv anime I've seen to completion.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I don't know. Heidi maybe.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Srice posted:

Informal poll: Oldest anime you like that you'd consider amazing? I hate numerical scores but to make it simple let's just say oldest anime you've seen that you'd give a 10 out of 10 to.

Mine would be, the very first Lupin tv series, from 71. Also the oldest tv anime I've seen to completion.

gunbuster and LOGH looking at MAL although technically i only gave those 9.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

what this

the style kinda reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Srice posted:

Sabu and Ichi

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Srice posted:

Unfortunately I haven't actually watched a lot of old anime, so technically I think mine would be Kino's Journey.

maybe when I finish Giant Robo that'll count

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dmboogie posted:

what this

Freedom wars i think

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

Sabu and Ichi

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

woo beat metroid prime 2

Time for dinner snd anime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Actually to go even further back, Osamu Tezuka's Memory was 1964, I think.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30okh_osamu-tezuka-memory_music

It's only five minutes long and everybody should watch it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

woo beat metroid prime 2

I'm still at work. Enjoy your supper and anime for me

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Srice posted:

bible black

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dmboogie posted:

what this

it's gods eater burst

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

I'm still at work. Enjoy your supper and anime for me

i thought you were a student.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Droyer posted:

woo beat metroid prime 2

What you gonna watch

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Droyer posted:

i thought you were a student.

schools out for summer in canada, summer job time

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Srice posted:

k-on

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Srice posted:

Evangelion. Gunbuster and Rose of Versailles are close but not quite to 10/10. There's definitely some older anime movies that might count.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

What you gonna watch

probably concrete revolutio

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol at people flipping out because nintendo of europe tweeted a joke about lucina being amazed that corrin has feet

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Srice posted:

If you count films it's Nausicaa. Otherwise LOGH and Gunbuster.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Srice posted:

That's pretty tough since there's not a lot of anime I would rate 10/10. Macross Plus maybe?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't really like old anime, like I am pretty determined to never return to 90s anime ever if I can help it although it's easier to revisit stuff from the 80s since the animation is so nice most of the time. I feel like it's a cop-out answer but I'd probably just have to say Nausicaa. I've seen a few things older but probably wouldn't give them 10/10.

There are plenty of things I've seen that are old but I don't revisit because I don't think I'd enjoy them very much if I watched them today even though I liked them back when I watched them years ago, so it's hard for me to say "yeah this thing I have a ton of nostalgia for but would probably not enjoy now is 10/10"

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Technically the only 10/10 on my MAL is haruhi-chan

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Srice posted:

Patlabor: The Early Days, probably. actually i don't really know about that, that's more around a 9, so uh... sailor moon?

i think part of it is just that i haven't seen a lot of stuff from the 70s-80s though

Sakurazuka posted:

Macross Plus maybe?

if it's not sailor moon, it's this

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:3:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

schools out for summer in canada, summer job time

Yeah boy!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh yeah, vifam probably counts. i dunno if i'm quite as into it in general as sharky but it's definitely a really strong show

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/washingmachineo/status/733456373460127744

NSFW, but only in Australia.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

oh yeah, vifam probably counts. i dunno if i'm quite as into it in general as sharky but it's definitely a really strong show

Vifam is one of the most consistently good shows I've seen, anime or otherwise.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Srice posted:

Akira was pretty great if we count movies. Probably LOGH or Macross otherwise.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean, even counting movies, akira kind of came out six years after macross

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gobby pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

The Colonel posted:

i mean, even counting movies, akira kind of came out six years after macross

Yeah it's more a post of I can't make up my mind than anything else.

• Locked thread