Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Terper posted:

It didn't work

weird, I can see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

he's a vile troll

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

(it did work)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/733356819691806722

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i've discovered a horrible secret: twitter .gifs are actually .mp4s

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

even if you haven't seen jojo it seems pretty self-explanatory

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

i've discovered a horrible secret: twitter .gifs are actually .mp4s

It deliberately converts gifs to mp4 which breaks being able to see them in most third-party clients, because twitter is garbage.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cute.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Motto posted:

even if you haven't seen jojo it seems pretty self-explanatory

The real mistake is assuming there's any need to actually understand memes

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Griffin is the best Mcelroy.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Simulacra posted:

Griffin is the best Mcelroy.

yeah

i enjoy his amiibo reviews

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Race Queen Miko

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Regular Queen Miko

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

The secret is that it's completely okay to put video games on the lowest difficulty setting because most of the time a higher difficulty just means "enemies get more HP and do more damage," which is boring and tedious.

This strategy actually worked out really well for Halo 2 because you had to be really aggressive with stickies and melee to kill the giant sacks of regenerating HP the elites were. Sure, for the first couple levels you'd just carry a plasma pistol all the time and they were no problem but as the game went on I wanted 2 of the power weapons most of the time they were available so I had to do a lot of hip headshotting the elites with sniper rifles, or rocket sniper comboing them all when you had to get on the scarab. It made the game really fun. Unfortunately Halo 2 also had jackal snipers, which were the opposite of fun.

Max difficulty in CoD makes everything 1/2 shot you but the way you have to approach things doesn't really change you just spend more time regenerating behind cover/reloading checkpoints which doesn't seem fun to me.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

El Burbo posted:

yeah

i enjoy his amiibo reviews

He's also an awesome GM.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

The secret is that it's completely okay to put video games on the lowest difficulty setting because most of the time a higher difficulty just means "enemies get more HP and do more damage," which is boring and tedious.

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm not excited for the CoD4 remake because CoD games flat out aren't designed to be played with mouse and keyboard. Their design completely breaks down when players can do shocking things like "turn around quickly" and "sprint and jump at the same time while shooting."

what is this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
just setting higher difficulties to a modifier works well for ys origin and oath in felghana, i think, as an example. you can hit a point in those games on normal where bosses just can't really do enough damage to be a threat, playing on at least hard means you've usually got to be pretty careful or else you'll get wrecked

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Play video games in a way that makes it fun for you, even if it means putting in on pussy difficulty

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hi everybody

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Play video games in a way that makes it fun for you, even if it means putting in on pussy difficulty

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dangerous Person posted:

yeah, that's what i'm doing with akiba's trip, the game with my least favorite combat difficulty curve ever

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Just lol if u don't play on hardest difficulty with both hands handcuffed behind your back

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tonight i'll watch an episode of turning girls

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Watch them all dude, the series is like 15 minutes long.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
High difficulty settings are for weirdoes

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Remember how Ninja Gaiden would make fun of you in game for picking easy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

K. Flaps posted:

Watch them all dude, the series is like 15 minutes long.

ah, then i might

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Personally I'm content on normal and sometimes go higher when I really like the game

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
There's no point to a game if it's not a challenge.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The point of video games is to have fun

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also call of duty plays fine on pc, unless the complaint is it allows people to play way more accurately, which isn't ruining call of duty, it just means you need to be a good shooter too

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

K. Flaps posted:

how do you feel about kirby

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
If you get your fun out of playing a game on I'm too young to die difficulty you might as well watch an lp.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

The point of video games is to have fun

you say that like challenge and fun are mutually exclusive

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Smoking Crow posted:

how do you feel about kirby

I've never played it.

Adbot