Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

I'm completely over this show now, i just don't enjoy it anymore.

AoS and even Flash make it look terrible.

I'm not! I wanna see how bad it can crash and burn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So Ollie is going to unmask himself to the city in the finale, right? That's where this whole mayor thing and "hope" stuff is leading?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Oh god, the hacking is getting dumber and dumber every episode.

---edit---
Also the Smoaks are so bad...
"OMG NO LIES EVER, NOT EVEN SMALL ONES"
"I lied to you since you were child"
"Its okay mom"

Something tells me that no lesson are going to be learned from this.

Xarn fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 19, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Felicity took killing tens of thousands of people pretty well.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Oracle posted:

This is especially hilarious if you've been following Russia's adventures in Syria, where we found out that modern-day Russian fighter pilots don't even use GPS (they have their own shittier system, GLONASS).

I like how they kept saying the Rubicon (terrible name btw) controls all the nukes of NATO allies. Then one of the missiles is Russian. Pretty cool that the Legends of Tomorrow messing around in Russia so messed up the time line for Russia collapsing that by 2016 Russia has joined NATO, or at least that is what I am taking by that terrible writing.

Like when they bring up Lian Yu and say it is in the South China Sea. Ok, that makes sense to me. This is a disputed zone so no one is sending conventual soldiers and using para military forces or rogue agents like Oliver to get assets or acquire information. But just hand waving that Black Driver (Diggle's) wife is talking to the President of the United States and the President is worried that the hope the world is up to two masked vigilantes that poo poo pissed me right off. The USFG knows that Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow and just lets it slide because? The USFG gets its super non-hackable nuke device hacked and there is not a black squad putting a bag over Felicity's head? I know the USFG is pretty incompetent but Malcolm Merlyn killed 500+ people in a domestic act of terrorism in the Star City neighborhood of the Glades, pretty sure the CIA/FBI (ARGUS) are just going to let that slide and somehow not know about a league of assassins because the USFG just lets people off of terrorism charges because they faked their death pretty ok.

Like all that facial recognition software that Felicity always uses that finds people in 2 seconds, why isn't that working for ARGUS to find Merlyn, it is not like he is doing anything to his face besides excessive toner.

I suppose Oliver Queen could run for President of the United States, if he was on the ballot in Star City as a mayor someone had to vet him, and those someones talk to the FBI for background checks. And someone at the FBI (ARGUS) approves Oli as an appropriate choice. The amount of DNA and evidence that the Green Arrow must leave around has to overflowing evidence storage facilities.

tl;dr DC TV shows exist in a world without a Federal Government

No Luck Needed fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 19, 2016

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Neal McDonough is way, way too good for this show.

It was a perfectly average episode, even with the Smoak family crap. I guess damning with faint praise of "I didn't hate it"

I DID hate those dutch angles in the Ollie v Speedy fight, though. Just annoying as all hell.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That was a really nothing episode to me. I know things happened, important things even, but none of it was particularly compelling. The idol corrupts, okay, so sad. Bye Russian chick I have yet to connect with in any way. Darhk is now SUPER DUPER powerful. Which would matter if he didn't enter the show as already way too powerful for our heroes to handle. Ruve dying was great, gently caress her. The Smoak women were awful, but what else is new? Quentin can't even lie on an affidavit without Donna threatening to leave him, but she can lie to Felicity for like 30 years? Cool.

Anarky is a neat pseudo-Joker. They can keep him around.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Is it just me or does a bigger threat almost always rear it's head right after merlyn does something pretty horrible so instead of beating him senseless they team up to fix the issue? It's gotten a little annoying at this point.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
is it a cop?
http://i.imgur.com/3ePS9E3.png

nope, it's Curtis!
http://i.imgur.com/6qPPNRr.png

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Aphrodite posted:

Felicity took killing tens of thousands of people pretty well.

I was worried that they would go hard on her moping but instead she threw off a literal blanket of guilt and went right back to being chipper. The entire Felicity plot of this episode was just dogshit writing in every way. I don't care how bad your marriage was, maybe wait a fuckin day to argue because the entire world might be nuked.

They should have just spent the episode in the Ark because at least Ollie and Diggle's adventures in fake suburbia were enjoyable. If somebody can explain how Anarky could fight off two trained assassins and a special forces dude by himself, though, that would be appreciated.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure Anarky has kicked Arrow's rear end twice (so they could do their Anarky/Thea thing) and it hasn't been commented on at all. That seems a little strange!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not just Ollie's rear end, he's beaten like 3 people at once.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Not just Ollie's rear end, he's beaten like 3 people at once.
After being shot with an arrow (maybe two?)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

He's ka-raaaaazy, in comics a solid case of the nutters always gives you amazing combat prowess on par with world-class martial artists.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

6-year plan man posted:

Is it just me or does a bigger threat almost always rear it's head right after merlyn does something pretty horrible so instead of beating him senseless they team up to fix the issue? It's gotten a little annoying at this point.

He should be dead. He should've been dead at the end of S1, but he should definitely be super dead by now. Unfortunately he's a good actor and his character is fun, so they're not gonna kill him.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Rocksicles posted:

How were they hacking through a screensaver?

arrowforce hackerforce bruteforce, they ain't gotta explain poo poo

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

No Luck Needed posted:

I like how they kept saying the Rubicon (terrible name btw) controls all the nukes of NATO allies. Then one of the missiles is Russian. Pretty cool that the Legends of Tomorrow messing around in Russia so messed up the time line for Russia collapsing that by 2016 Russia has joined NATO, or at least that is what I am taking by that terrible writing.

ARe you sure they didn't say it controls all of the worlds nukes?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SonicRulez posted:

He should be dead. He should've been dead at the end of S1, but he should definitely be super dead by now. Unfortunately he's a good actor and his character is fun, so they're not gonna kill him.

He was fun, now it is supremely retarded that he is still around.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

New Sharif in Town posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg58hVEY5Og&t=91s

First thing that popped into my mind when they said it.

Well, that was the reference.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mooseontheloose posted:

ARe you sure they didn't say it controls all of the worlds nukes?

I just rewatched the ep, it's definitely "every NATO ally".

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

SonicRulez posted:

If that's the case then let's use the flash to get earth 2 merlyn make him a good guy and kill off the earth 1 version.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ShakeZula posted:

Can I just say how much I love that when they fired that arrow to stop him from stabbing Ruve and caused the explosion, the first thing Anarky did when he recovered his balance was follow through with stabbing her?
I was just glad someone finally did. She seemed to have discovered the secret to beating the Arrow: Just don't attack him. You can do all the evil scheming you like, and as long as you're not committing big, obvious crimes, he'll basically leave you alone.

Rocksicles posted:

How were they hacking through a screensaver?
That was almost as bad as two idiots, one keyboard.

Mortanis posted:

It was a perfectly average episode, even with the Smoak family crap. I guess damning with faint praise of "I didn't hate it"
Yeah, it was relatively enjoyable most of the time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The Laurel Death bullshit leaked very slightly onto LoT but was mercifully contained afterwards. It reminded me this show was still a thing, so I thought I'd come in here and check how

Hollismason posted:

Ugh this is just awful, but .. cant.. stop ... watching.

Rocksicles posted:

I'm completely over this show now, i just don't enjoy it anymore.

AoS and even Flash make it look terrible.

karrethuun posted:

why is over a third of the penultimate episode about felicity family drama? Who designs a secret underground lair built to survive a nuclear apocalypse that 1 stray arrow causes to blow up? How do 3 hackers hack through screen savers? Will Mr. Robot season 2 have a hacking duel involving electric shocks? How do you recruit families to live in your eeevil secret underground lair? Why do I watch this show?

:yikes:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

It's a good show yo.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
The star trek vi references make me think the writers are self aware of how corny the show is and are just having fun with it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just finished current episode. So... this season's moral is.. the SMOAK FAMILY hate liars to the point of imploding any relationships and yet are all liars themselves and also terrible and gently caress them.

Did I about sum that up?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Felicimom might be worse than Felicity.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Feenix posted:

Just finished current episode. So... this season's moral is.. the SMOAK FAMILY hate liars to the point of imploding any relationships and yet are all liars themselves and also terrible and gently caress them.

Did I about sum that up?

Yes.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
So apart from all the actors typing "code" into a screen that in post they completely obscured with the eye of sauron, the episode was even more dire than that bit of shitness.
Thea did with one arrow want her dad failed to do with years of planning , no one mentions all of the people who were sucked into the hole.
Horrible snippet flashbacks which only served to break up the pacing of the main show, a bunch of no impact action scenes, ollie coming to some sort of realisation based on a 30 second conversation with a loving idiot who buys into wiping the world clean in nuclear armageddon is the best future for his mute wife and teenager, and a bunch of other shitness I can't care about

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rocket_man38 posted:

The star trek vi references make me think the writers are self aware of how corny the show is and are just having fun with it.

That's the thing though, they are not having fun with it. Ollie making soufflé, that was fun. Speedy gleefully firing arrows while hanging off of Black Canary's motorcycle, that was fun. Constantly quivering lips and cry talking about secrets are not fun. I think that's part of why people hate Felicity so much. She was originally a fun character and then the relationship drama made her unbearable. Season 4 is Felicity.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kevin Smith wants to write a few episodes in season 5, and at this point: gently caress it, let him go nuts. Might actually be decent.

Feenix posted:

"Dad if you do one more absolutely unforgivable Hitler-level thing again I will kill you!"
The most cringeworthy back and forth. The shows internal logic for keeping Lauren dead is hooooorrible but it's infinitely better than the logic keeping that guy alive.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 20, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
"Dad if you do one more absolutely unforgivable Hitler-level thing again I will kill you!"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If they were able to make a Suicide Squad series, I feel like that would've been a great place to punt Merlyn rather than just keeping him around in Arrow. LoT might work though depending on where it's going.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

If they were able to make a Suicide Squad series, I feel like that would've been a great place to punt Merlyn rather than just keeping him around in Arrow. LoT might work though depending on where it's going.

"This makes no sense, two weeks ago I was Ra's Al Guhl and now I'm traveling through time doing stupid poo poo."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

greatn posted:

Felicimom might be worse than Felicity.

She didn't used to be that way. It sucks.

bring back old gbs posted:

Kevin Smith wants to write a few episodes in season 5, and at this point: gently caress it, let him go nuts. Might actually be decent.

His episode of Flash was cool. I say give him a go.

Xelkelvos posted:

"Oh, Sara, this is where you ended up. Long time no kill. Can this thing take me back to when I was Ra's Al Ghul?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they had stabbed Savage one of the 13 opportunities they had in the first 4 episodes Sara could have been back on time to use the time machine to save Laurel.

Pretty lovely sister.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Has anyone noticed that this show is really bad?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Has anyone noticed that this show is really bad?

It has a cast that can make it endearingly and amusingly bad instead of insufferably bad.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zebulon posted:

It has a cast that can make it endearingly and amusingly bad instead of insufferably bad.

It can, it just doesn't, especially any time either Smoak is on screen. And to think they fell into that kind of cast before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

This almost happened. But the SS film kind of killed that.

• Locked thread